Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, May '05

Well, girls, Wolf is 6 months today, so this will be my last post in here. See you all really soon in the 6-9 months forum!!

Wolf is sitting unassisted now. I've taken a few shots and will post them on my website today. Also, will upload some shots of the babyswimming for all to see.

Snowy

Hi Girls, and Nellbe and Naomi!

Aidan has a cold too! I had to go to work the day it arrived and I felt horrible all day, I just wanted to be with him and cuddle him. Pretty sure it wasnt the flu as it only lasted a few days and he seems to be getting better *fingers crossed*.

Aidan is rolling like a trooper and can sit unassisted for short periods of time! He is loving his solids, farex for morning tea and vegies for dinner, I am thinking of introducing a fruit for dessert. Mashed banana, I'll have to try and not eat it myself - yum!

Work is going well, its great only 2 days a week, I wonder if I can do that until I retire?!

Beth, can you tell me about your new business, and how it is coming along?

Mothers Group are talking about signing up for swimming and Gymbaroo soon, so that should be fun.

Colleen, did you make a decision on that agency?

Jess

p.s. 3 wills till' Aidan meets his Aunty for the first time!!

Colleen Guest

Hi Everyone,

Snowgirl - See you in a month! (in the 6mth forum i mean lol) Time is flying!

Jessica123 - Ive had his headshots taken, which came out great, so I guess I will go thru with it, If it turns out to be crap, at least I'll be able to warn others but the fact that they have offered to let me sit in on one of their target catalogue shoots makes me feel better. See what happens, i guess I can only learn from it.
    I know that Jaykob wont be at risk because if I see something happening that Im not happy with I'll take him out of it.
    I'll keep you all updated
    He was reccomended to the Agency after he won most photogenic at a baby show.

I hope everyone is well, seems we got that cold vibe here too, Jaykobs got a runny nose...

I managaged to get into chat on friday arvo, not many in there.... hopefully there will be a few more next week??

Colleen

Hey everyone,

Colleen - totally forgot about the chat on Friday, hopefully I'll remember next Friday. It was about that time Matty did his first roll over so I was very excited. Hope the shots work out okay.

Jess - glad that Aidyn is better and work is okay. How are you liking Mum's group?

All is well at our place. Just plodding along as usual and am loving watching Matthew do something new every day.

Keep well!

Wow, looks like all the bubs are getting very mobile, lots of rolling going on!

Bye Snowy, see you soon in the 6 mths forum!

Jess, I hope Aidan is all better now. Glad to hear work is going well, and woohoo at Aidan meeting his aunty soon! I have one brother, he lives in the UK and I can't wait till the day he gets to meet his nephew. Business is going good, I am an aromatherapist so I do massages and make blends for people to use at home. I've got a few clients now, and I have made a few pregnancy and baby products (tested on myself and Kaleb!) that I sell, so we'll see how it goes...hopefully I'll make enough to not have to go back to the bank!

Hey, Does anyone know of a gymbaroo in Brisbane? I haven't been able to find one yet.

Does anyone have teeth come through yet? Jules has started having teething rusks cos her gums are soo sore, but still no sign of teeth.

Colleen Guest

Hi

mel83 - jaykob is around the same age and he started having teething rusks yesterday, they have helped soooo much! everyone seems to think theres a tooth on its way but i cant see it lol

I suppose thats not really much help lol

Colleen

I just noticed that theres only 3 days difference between them.... jaykob was born 15-12-04 and wow! your back for another already! your doing well!!!!

Yeah, Jules is such a good baby, and we want them close in age so there was no point in waiting. Besides, we want 5, and i want to finish having them at 30, so we can then look at fostering.
    Jaykobs already on solids then?
    What age did you start him? and how much does he eat? Jules only has a jar a day, but i think given the chance she'd eat 5! She's a real pork chop!

Colleen Guest

lol yeah i know what you mean about pork chop lol
    Jaykob was actually given solids (farex) at 3 1/2 mths! My aunt is very traditional and took over but anyway I pulled the plug on it.

Jaykob has a tub of yoghurt ( baby yoghurt) every now and then if I think hes hungry and Im low on my milk or feeling run down...

Other than that still fully breastfed.

He manages the rusks ok though.

WOW!! on the no. of children you want! and fantastic that you want to foster! You are very brave! I only want two and later in life would consider a foster child or temp child care sort of thing.

Jaykobs just hit 27 pound so I need to let my back recover before I have any more LOL

Whats that in kilos? Sorry, i don't remember how to convert it. Jules weighs 7.3 kilos, which isn't really much for her age, but it sure is enough to kill my back! My friends little boy, born on the 16th, he weighs 8.5 kilos already and she is only a tiny little thing.

Colleen Guest

Just over 12 kilos

Wow! That is huge! I understand why you'd want your back to recover.

hello girls,
    I know, I'm not supposed to be here anymore, but just wanted to let you know that we went to the 6 months check up yesterday and Wolf weighs 8.2kg and is 70cm tall. His head is 46cm which is quite big!! (hopefully all brain, no air )
    The paed said she was quite impressed with how advanced he is and that he is more like a 9 months old. Of course I was beaming with pride
    He got his last vaccination for the year (ouchie.. lots of tears.. I so hate that part)

Hope y ou are all well and see you in the 6-9 months forum soon!

Snowy

Colleen Guest

snowgirl - wow! see you in a few weeks

Jaykob must be the size of a 18 month old then lol

hes 5 1/2 months, 12 kilos, 74 cm long not sue of HC

i might go look for the measuring tape lol

Quiet in here?

Dont forget chat tommorrow!

Sorry Mel, don't know of any gymbaroos in Brissie - I'll keep an eye out though. Glad to hear Jules is such a good baby and congrats on the new one! Hope you're feeling well.

Wow Snowy, you must be very proud! Good boy, Wolf!

Colleen, Jaykob is a big beautiful boy! I can imagine it would be hard on your back though, Kaleb is just under 9kgs and is hefty enough.

Just went shopping this morning, picked up some of the Fisher Price toys that are on sale at KMart this week. Put Kaleb in the seat in the trolley - he thought it was the most exciting thing that's ever happened, grinning and squealing the whole time. Funny considering he still doesn't like his pram!

hope you are all well.

All is okay in this house, Matty is growing and I swear he does something new everyday.

I was looking at the Fisher Price toys too, I just didn't know which one to get? they all look like fun! Beth - at least you know now that Kaleb will like a trolley, just use that instead of your pram at the shops?

Have a great weekend everyone.

Elijahs_Mum Guest

My bubba is 13weeks old and he is almost 8kgs (10pound 12ox born) And he always seem to be feeding. Sometimes I dont have milk and he just plays till he is tired.
    I was reading that some mums give Farax....I saw that in the shop today. How is that?

Hey! Hows everyone going?

Sorry i have been missing in action. Have not been able to get on the internet as much do to living at DP's mum's. So hoping we find a place of our own very soon, we have 7 people living in a 3br place, very cramped. Dp is loving his new job too so that is good.

Lily is doing great. Teething again though, this time a bit worse. I gave her a teething rusk the other day and she munched off half of it in about 20mins, so they must be giving her hell.

I can't believe that she is almost 6mths old! Will be graduating to the other forum too, can't wait. Lily loves to stand while i hold onto her hands, she thinks it's great fun. She still wants to crawl and is not really interested in rolling. She's getting the sitting thing happening too, so i don't think it will be long at all until she has it.

Also have to book in for her needles, not fun. Though she doesn't cry all that much which is good. Haven't got her weighed or measured for 2 months either so she will have grown alot. She feels about 7.5kgs.

Sorry for no personals as i am doing a huge catch up on bellybelly tonight. Hopefully i will see you again before i move onto the next forum.

Hope everyone and their bubs are well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast