Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, October '05 #3

Juliette - That`s great news about Hannah`s eczema, Good luck at Riverton I hope it makes a big difference to Hannah`s sleeping. Hannah`s sounds like she`s doing so well.

Michelle - I`m actually getting Mark to feed Matthew his teatime rice cereal otherwise I`d be cooking dinner, eating it, washing up, feeding Matthew his RC, getting Matthew changed for bed and giving him a BF while Mark is on the playstation, watching TV or on the computer so by getting Mark to feed Matthew this one meal a day helps a lot

Matthew seemed to be getting bored with his rice cereal yesterday so I thought I`d start on vegetables so I gave him some potato, oh what a disaster, I`m sure more came out then what went in so I`m not trying potato for a few weeks now.

Mark and I have a sneaky suspicion that Matthew is teething again, he hasn`t dribbled since his teeth popped out but now it`s like we`ve turned on a tap again plus he`s been grizzly the last few days, if it`s his teeth we really hope they aren`t going to take another 6 weeks.

I`m feeling a bit sad tonight, silly AF showed up, it`s the first month while TTC #2 that I`ve felt so sad and when I told Mark he went over and told Matthew 'well it looks like it`s at least another month before your sibling is on it`s way' Guess I shouldn`t be so selfish there are so many women out there who have problems TTC #1 and here I am with a very happy healthy baby.

Take Care

Deeanne

Brooke - 6 months was also my prefered age of starting solids, because of allergies but Mr Matthew had other ideas that`s why he`s only on organic rice cereal and I tried the potato knowing a friend who is highly allergic can have potato quite safely. That`s great that you meet up with some of the ladies from MG. Maya is doing so very well, she sounds sucha cutie

Hey Brooke - with regards to allergies - my mum has them all and the best foods are organic rice cereal, pears and potato and leek are the only veges she can have. So this is what im going to do with hendy. Im going to start on pears (the organic ones) and stay on them for as long as possible. Then im going to do the organic rice cereal (and mix it with pears once he is settled on for a bit of difference. BUT the dietician mum sees says 6 months really should be the earliest if we are going to try and eliminate these allergies from Hendrix. If you guys want to know about the allergy levels of different veges just ask (i have a great book that lists them as well as all other foods)

OMG Brooke - you have the most beautiful little girl! I just checked out your photos and she is just gorgeous! I really want a cuddle. Wish i could just pop over for a chat

I bags her for hendy!! haha

Deeanne, sorry to hear that AF showed up! I don't think you're being selfish. It's always disappointing when something you're really hoping for doesn't eventuate. All the best for this cycle!

Brooke, awww Maya sounds like such an adorable & clever little girl! You must be so proud of her!

Hey everyone

Glad to see everyone is going well.

Deanne: Sorry to hear about AF, you are allowed to be dissapointed, your only human

Rachel: Sorry to hear about your photography experience

Shannon: Great to hear Jessalyn is sitting up unaided, what a clever kid

Juliette: Nice to see you pop in Glad things are going well for you

Sorry if i have missed anyone, Mason just woke up

Well things are pretty boring here, which is a good thing on the baby front. He still hates going to sleep but the fight is getting shorter now and he is getting pretty used to it. Have a routine at night now of bath then good night everyone then bed. After his bath now he knows what is going to happen so settles a lot quicker, still not sleeping through everynight though, but he is a baby so that happens

I checked out a carseat i have in garage from years ago and its chatty and ripped, wished i had looked earlier, now i will probally have to get a new one. Dont know how much Mason weighs but capsule has to go back next month so will move him over then.

Havent started solids yet and will probally wait till 6 mths from what i have read, i think its one less job i have too do until then and his bottles can be upped more still so would rather him be drinking more milk first before starting solids. But i am sure he could have other ideas before then too

Well anyway enough from me

Take care
    Belinda

Rachel, sorry to hear about the photo session stuff up. What a shame. But do get some photos as you will treasure them for life!

Brooke, a friend of mine has a baby about the same age as ours. She has him waking up about 7 times in the night for the dummy. What had happened was that the baby had grown accustomed to going to sleep with the dummy and couldn't put himself back to sleep without it if he woke in the middle of the night. What she had to do (based on m/w advice) was just not give him the dummy at all. He had to go cold turkey which was murder for about 2 days, but he soon forgot about it and now sleeps without it at all. Never has it.

I had the same problem with Pup and the bottle. After giving him a bottle of EBM roughly once a day as a top up to a BF, he decided that he liked the bottle and not the boob. So I had to do the cold turkey thing with Pup and not give him the bottle even though I knew he was still hungry after the boob (because he wasn't drinking as deeply from the boob). It was a god awful couple of days (him crying and unsettled) but after about 2 days, he forgot all about the bottle and is now solely 100% ont he boob. And is going great guns.

Perhaps a disposal of the dummy might be on the cards???????

I haven't put any sunscreen on Pup yet - I have some (given to me in a basket of goodies) and I think is suitable for babies under 6 months. Came from the Anti Cancer Council (I think?? I'll check). We do have Pup wearing baby sunglasses though. We got a pair for newborns from Baby Bunting. They are polaroid lenses. I thought that we would start him now before he learns how to pull things off his face. If I put them on him, they pretty much stay there unless he knocks them by accident. And he looks so cute too. As we live on a farm with dust, pollens, flies and lots of sun glare, I thouhgt I'd start him young on eye protection.

We haven't turned the car seat around yet either. Wasn't planning to for a little while yet.

Hayseed

Heather - That book sounds great, what`s the name of it? MIL left a pear in the fruit bowl, neither Mark or I like pears and I`ve been a bit hesitant to give Matthew some but I might try it next maybe, after the potato disaster yesterday I have to wait until Sunday/Monday before trying a new food.

Brooke - I`d be trying to wait until as close to 6 months as possible but it will all depend on Maya, if you like ebay you can buy the sunnies for half price on there. How cute that your first doll was called Baby Bunting, I still have my first teddy and first doll, both looking very old but I still love them

Belinda - Glad Mason is starting to get used to the night time routine.

Thanks Belinda and Angel

Matthew woke at 12.30 last night but then slept until 7.30am, he doesn`t seem himself and is very grizzly.

Oh Shannon meant to ask you do you think the zoo pillow helped Jess to sit up so soon? I brought a new one from ebay for $49 I just hope it arrives before Matthew is sitting, he`s very close and is starting to support himself, oh well I can always resell it if he is sitting.

Take Care

Deeanne

Alex is still waking at night he wento to bed at 7pm woke at 10pm, 2am and then 7am. Spoke to the CYN and she said it could be another growth spurt or seperation anxiatey (sp?) but will keep an eye on us to see if it keeps happening with him taking solids. He is now 8.290kilos he put on 270grams in a week and is now 65cm long.

Dee - so sorry that AF arrived. It is hard when you really don't want her to come. You never know we could be pregnancy buddies again
    This is our first month of trying again. I think i need my head tested some days.

Michelle - sorry that Alex had such a bad night but it`s great that the CYN is keeping an eye on you both. Wouldn`t that be great if we were Belly Buddies again Good luck this month

Welcome Layla and Sarah - Mumofbundlezofjoy and Dion - Kirsty and Fergus

Not much happening with us Alex still waking at night but slowly getting used to it again. Not sure if Alex has a tooth coming he has a white dot on his top gum and hates me going near it but it doesn't feel like anything is coming. IYKWIM
    I'm hoping i can have a nap sometime today when DH gets back from work as i am going out with some BB girls tonight and leaving the kids at home
    I've been in bed all this week before 8:30. DH asked last night why was i in bed and i said because i am tired and then he walks out of the bedroom and shuts the door then an hour later when Alex woke i found DH asleep on the sofa.

Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday. I have made yummy chocolate muffins today.

Michelle - sounds like it might be a tooth, as you know Matthew had the 2 white lumps for so long before they poped through. Have a great time tonight with the BB girls. Are you making the muffins which Tamara posted? f so I made them yesterday, to drown my sorrows LOL

Matthew had a 10 hour sleep last night but Mummy didn`t, I was in bed for 3 hours before I had to get up to a cat birthing, got back to bed at 5.30am and Matthew woke so fed him and thankgoodness he had a 2 hr sleep so I was able to also but I`m starting to feel really tired now.

Matthew has decided he no longer likes his rice cereal, will have to try something else just not sure what yet but as I said to Mark he`s still going to have to have some sort of cereal, I didn`t realise but Bellamy`s Organics also make a porridge so might give that one a go, just have to get into Bi Lo which probably will be Monday.

Take Care

Deeanne

Dee it was the muffins that Tamara posted about and also some triple chocolate muffins. Kimberley likes them the best as she eats the topping and leaves the rest.

How many kittens did your cat have ?

Hopefully Matthew will like something else for you i guess they do get bored of the same food.

cazoraz Guest

Hello all!

Forum Name: cazoraz
    State: Langwarrin, VIC
    Baby's DOB: 1st July, 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Coleman Philip (Cole for short)
    Baby's Website: -
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) -
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) -

Hi I'm Caz, I started posting late June just before having Cole, and have been MIA whilst finishing uni assignments and juggling my newborn and 2yr old Lucy 8-[ BUT now uni is over and I can relax a bti more, hopefully!

Cole is growing every day, he puts on 1kg a month so is a big boy already! He was 8lb 9.5oz (3.9kg) at birth and is now well over 7.5kilos, soon he will be bigger than his older sister Lucy who is a tiny little thing! He was a grumpy bum the first few weeks, and we had to go back to hospital (Frankston) for a few nights for his jaundice, but now he is a happy boy and laughs and talks all day, and sleeps really well all night so I definitely cant complain!

Lucy loves him to bits, and I caught her yesterday changing his nappy (literally - she had his pants and nappy off, and a new nappy plus the cream all ready to go!)

Cant wait to chat to you all soon! Hope everyone and their babies are well and having a good weekend!

xxxCaz

Welcome Caz and Cole

Alex slept from 5pm till 5am then i feed him and he went back to sleep until 7am
    Fingers crossed he does it again for me.

Dee - oh yay at a kitten birth, you lucky thing! You breed burmese dont you?? What colours do you have? Do you have a website?

Kate- we have the blue and grey pram. We really love it and hendy does seem to too (although he still prefers to be carried in the bjorn).

Caz - welcome back!! So have you finished uni for good?? You lucky thing! I still have a couple of years to go! Cole sounds perfect! You must be very happy. And OMG your daughter sounds so precious.

Brooke - you gorgeous thing!

Well hendy had his four month shot on friday and he reacted again slightly, got a slight fever and was a cranky pants so we gave him panadol and lots of cuddles and he was fine.

cazoraz Guest

Hi Michelle - good for Alex sleeping so well for you, hope he does it again tonight!

Thanks Heather - I am quite fond of my kids as well! But sadly no I havent finished uni totally yet, still have my 4th year of teaching to go, so next year will be a tough one but I will hopefully somehow manage! Sorry to har your little man didnt like his needles, hope he is better now.

I wuold just like to say - HURRY UP DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!! :evil: My kids are waking up earlier and earlier with all the birds chirping and bright daylight at like 6am, I cant wait for next weekend! They used to sleep in til 8.30, but the last two days Cole has woken up at 7am! Means, he goes to bed earlier at night so he still gets his 12hrs sleep, but its not the point!

vent over, have a lovely day!
    xxxCaz

Welcome Caz and Cole - sounds like Cole is doing so well. Don`t mention daylight savings over here, DH doesn`t like it

Michelle - that`s great that you got a great nights sleep from Alex. As for your question Tabitha only gave us 2 kitens but it was an awful birth, one I just hate, she had a dry birth which means no sac over kitten and they often are still born unless part of the sac is still over the head, anyway it took her 2 hours for her to birth this one kitten the poor girl, tail first, then leg, hip, body, front legs and head but when it was born I looked and their were 2, Tabitha was exhausted so I had to assist so I grabbed the 2nd kitten and after a while brought it back but the first never moved so there was never any hope for it, that`s what happens when your dealing with livestock I always say as long as Mum is okay which she is.

Heather - yes they are Burmese, we have mainly chocolates at the moment but we have borrowed a male from a friend in Bargo so we`ll be able to get chocolate, liac, brown and blue out of him. We haven`t as yet got a website, just very slowly working on one. Glad Hendy is now fine after his needles.

Kate - Good Luck TTC #2, I hope it happens soon for you, yeah this trying when you`ve decided you want another NOW is hard, all the previous months of trying I`ve thought if it happens it happens but now I`m well and truly ready I want another baby NOW, not sure why I`ve got so clucky all of a sudden.

Matthew rolled from tummy to back yesterday \/ and he`s moving all over the place, I don`t want him to crawl too soon but he seems to be heading that way. Also got another 10 hour sleep from Matthew but once he woke at 6.15am he was ready to start the day.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast