Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3 Years - 5 Years, Sept to Nov '05

Not long to go for him now though...is he looking forward to it??

He still really doesn't understand I don't think, next Thursday I will be pumping into him something like ... wow Kameron your going to be a big boy tomorrow and goto kindy.

It will be good in a way cause I will be able to actually watch him from the playgroup building, so I will get to see first hand how he goes. He "should" be okay as he is going with one of his friends from Playgroup and they always play well together. I just have to remember to let the kindy teachers deal with it if he falls over or something and hurts himself 8-[

Love

I read your post Jillian and thought OMG that is going to be me late next year, when Kameron is just about ready to start reception/pre-school at the beginning of 2007. Andrew is going to have to have the day off when that day comes (first day of school), I think I will be one of those mothers that will cry all the way home lol

Love

Dont worry Kathryn,you will be fine....I know it is hard,but in a way it is actually a relief to find them starting and knowing they will be ok (but saying that i did cry when Jessica first started school...Cat was already so indepedent,that it didnt really worry me for some reason!!)
    I know how hard it is to pass your children over to someone else and not be a hovering mum though,i am one,and i have to admit it probably makes my kids worse lol
    Dont worry about the first day next week kathryn,he will be ok,and i bet you will be really happy with the way it goes!!!
    Em is ok,was up playing with her sister at the crack of dawn this morning though,i went to bingo last night,and just by how early they were up i can tell what time their dad put them to bed lol
    I had to put her back in her room because Dominic was still asleep!!!

Welcome mumof4under4 to this forum although she hasn't posted since Januaray 8-[

Love

Gabrielle goes to pre-school next year, too. I actually found it hard when I had to put her in kindy two afternoons a week (because she needed speech therapy) just before she turned three. She looked so tiny toddling off with her little backpack etc. I think I'll be ok about her going to preschool. She copes well, now.

Awww that would have been cute Christine. We have a playgroup boy that had to do 1 day of kinder a week cause of speech therapy and then they upped it to 2 days a week. I think this term he starts full time.

I was emotional when Kam wore his backpack to kindy just for the information session LMAO 8-[

Love

LOL,Emily wanted to take hers on Tuesday but i wouldnt let her as we were only going for an hour....

is every session just an hour Suzie, or will they go for longer now ?

Kamerons sessions will go for 2hrs. So will finish at the same time as playgroup. When he starts kindy those sessions are 2hrs and 45mins, so on the days I have playgroup I will have to kill 45mins before collecting him.

Love

kirsty Guest

Can I just ask did you do 3yr old kinder? And at what age did they go?

I am so confused when it comes to all of this. James was born in August, so has just turned 3, so would he be able to do 3yr old kinder next year?

We dont have 3 yr old Kinder in SA Kirsty, but I know Cailin did 3yr old kinder with Paris. I will get her to explain it to you if she can.

Love

Okies with Paris she started 3yo the year after she turned 3. She turned 3 last nov, and started this year. And she'll be 4 this year and go to 4 y.o next year. My gf's daughter was born in Jan and she only just turned 3 when she started. I won't confuse you anymore but the cut-off is April for children turning 3 to start 3 y.o. So because he turned 3 this year he'll be right to start next year I'd start enrolling RIGHT NOW! Its very hard to get in.

Goodluck!

*hugs*
    Cailin

kirsty Guest

Thanx heaps for the info, we have thought that we should start looking now. Only bonus is that we live in a fairly small town that has 5 kinders, so here's hoping we get the one we like.

Goodluck with getting into the place of choice Kirsty.

Well the school holidays are offically over now, back to playgroup on Monday. At least Kameron will stop asking me about going LMAO. I am seriously counting down the days till day light savings. My poor body is complaining at having to get up before 6am each morning cause the kids are awake. At least I get to sleep in tomorrow morning, cause Andrew will be home to sort them out

Have to work for mum today, but I can't do that till Lachlan is in bed, cause I am not in the mood for him to touch everything while I do it.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Love

kirsty Guest

Kathryn it is great that Kameron is so ready to go to playgroup!! At least you don't have to drag him kicking & screaming there. My MIL looks after James while I work & she does family daycare so he gets to interact with other kids while he is there, gotta love that especially like yesterday when he was ready to go 2hrs before I was due to start work. He ended up ringing Granma & he went around an hour earlier. Loves going & loves playing with all the kids.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

He is quite used to going to playgroup Kirsty, has been for over a year now He really misses it during the holidays and asks for it constantly.

Love

Both of my girls have been to family daycare for a few years now....They both love it heaps,and Jessica still goes on school holidays....We are lucky to have had the same faimily daycarer for the whole time they have been there,but i am sad because she doesnt take kids under two now,so by the time Dommie is ready to go to her,she wil have stopped doing it....
    Emily is looking forward to her next prekinder day,she was asking me all day yesterday before she went to nans,when she was going again...
    it is so hard to explain it to them when they have no sense of time lol
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

kirsty Guest

Can I ask you ladies at what age did your kids stop having a night-time bottle? & also when did they stop having regular daytime naps?

James is still having a bottle at nite & lots of people have started to make comments that he shouldn't be having them any more, I asked my Mum & she said it didn't matter that he was still having one at nite but so many others have made comments that it makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanx for any help & please don't feel that you have to answer. I'm really just looking for some rough guidelines as to what I should be doing & when. It would be so much easier if kids came with some sort of instructions as to what to do & when.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast