Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Months - 12 Months, April '05

Excellent, thanks Christy!!!! Actually if I'm late feeding Ishka I notice he tends to go and sit near Mitchell, like he wants him to bash him so I come and rescue him....or does the bum in face cat thing.

I gotta say....Mitchell is still asleep!!!!!!!!!!! for 3 days running he has had a supersleep in the morning about 2 hrs. I have never known such freedom!! I could probably do some housework, but it is Sunday!!hehehe

katanya Guest

Hi everyone

I have been attempting to post here for days but after I get on the disability/illness thread I seem to get interupted!

I just wanted to write some of the really amazing stuff that has been happening to us, appart from all the negative!!

Felix is walking holding on with only 1 hand, he let go and squatted down to get stuff from the floor, and can climb up and around anything without falling, I would say he nearly could stand alone but he's still building confidence..this has all happened in hospital!

He also points to everything and tries to say the word, and has started doing heaps of stuff in the week we have had oxygen!

I just am so blessed that his development isn't being affeceted by his weight or illness and he is bright and happy and learning everyday! I used to feel that I wanted him to be slow with milestones so I could keep him a baby longer, but since he's been sick I just feel so happy to see evidence that he is normal in other ways IYKWIM!

I have been trying to catch up with everyone's posts, Christy is Matilda WALKING? I hope she is feeling better now! That is a bit scary about the cat and the scratching but you are certainly the best person to deal with that problem!

We have lost Kathryn?

Lulu sounds like you are getting a good run, Felix has taken to dropping his morning sleep and having a 2 hour afternoon one instead of 2 x 1.5 hour ones! It's rather nice! I figure this is because he's nearing 1!

I haven't had to chance to properly do personals but I'd better post this before I lose it again!

Great to have you katanya , Matilda is still just taking one to two steps at a time...scary stuff but I'm happy she hasn't just taken off. She often will choose to take a step then get back to crawling to finish the job, so like how she chose commando over regular crawling for a month, maybe she'll hold off walking full on (at least I hope so! )

WOW it sounds like Felix is going really well developmentally =D> thats fantastic!

What a stong kid - all this shenanigans and he is still forging ahead! On you Felix, you must be pleased to see his development uninterrupted Katanya.

Finished Mitchell site - I think I still have some fiddling to do with the resolution of the photos, they are certainly not as clear as Matildas. Resizing is a minefield - and I'm hopeless at it too.!!

Hi Girls'

My last day in this form Here is a quick recap of yesterday. I have just copied it from the state forum cause I am too buggered still to re write it.

Was a good day, but very very tiring. We had two of our mates (lach's godfather and another mate) stay till about 4.30pm, and when they went I went and laid down cause both the kids were asleep, but only got about 20 mins before Lachlan woke up at 5pm

Lachlan had a great time scoffing into his birthday cake, my MIL complained cause the top of the cake was pink ](*,) It was bloody strawberrry cream (not actual icing) so what did she expect, can't exactly buy blue strawberries ](*,) ](*,) She always has to pick on bloody something.

He got heaps of great stuff, with some gorgeous clothes, books that he just adores has been hugging them lmao too cute, and a few toys which he absolutely loves the fisher price chatter phone, and Kam has taken to the fisher price teapot LMAO. At least Kameron has been asking Lachlan first if he wants to play with it. Heaps of pics were taken so will get them off the camera later and organise his website.

Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, well I hope they did, it is hard to get around and have a decent chat to everyone, and I spent some time talking to my best friend (Lachlans godmother) cause we don't see each other that often even though we only live 10mins drive away from each other. The older boys like Andrew and our mates LMAO were kicking the footy at the back for most of the day

Well should start to get myself organised for Playgroup. Feel like I should be going back to bed LMAO.

Love

WOW sounds like a great day, tiring too Kathyrn!

I had work today and dropped Matilda off at her new day care, then another mum turned around & trod on Matilda's hand!! Poor sausage, its the same one with the cat bite #-o , but she only cried for 30 seconds, the other Mum was in tears for a lot longer than Matilda. Then she took off playing so I wasn't worried. Finished work & she had only slept 20 minutes, so we are home now & she went straight to sleep...whew...

At least I get 30 minutes of rest after work....LOL

bye bye girls, see you in the next forum so emotional this morning.

Love

awww I was thinking of you this morning we'll miss you here, but you will be around I'm sure O Thats a scary day, DH was talking about it yesterday, OMG Matilda's nearly 1 !!! LOL I said, not quite, don't wish it on us any earlier...

HAppy Birthday Lachlan :happybday: !!!

Big Kathryn, some of us are close behind

mama mel Guest

Hi everyone

I just wanted to pop in this morning to say..

:happybday: Happy 1st Birthday Lachlan!!! :happybday:

I'll be joining you in tears in around 2wks time...

Oh and Kathryn, don't you think the least you could've done for your little boy for his birthday party is create blue strawberries?!?!? LOL

Hey Girls

I had quite a busy weekend. Saturday morning was our godsons birthday party. He turned four and had the party at the Road Safety Centre. Watching all the kids ride around on their bikes was funny as they were making up their own road rules. Obviously Shayla couldn't ride a bike but she did her best to become an obstacle for them all LOL. After the party I went to have a look at a wedding of a girl I know. It was a lovely ceremony just very hot in the curch. On the way home from the church I dropped in at one of the mums from my mothers and babies group as it was her daughters 1st birthday. Saturday night we did nothing.

Sunday I went to my SIL's baby shower, that was boring. There were no games or anything. It was cleraly a present grabbing occasion and that annoys me. When I got home Trent ahd invited some friends over and they ended up staying for dinner and left at about 10:00.

Shayla has swimming again tonight which will be fun as she enjoyed it last week.

:happybday: HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY LACHLAN :happybday:

Clare

WOW Clare you truely are a wonderwoman!! I can't believe how much you did over the weekend! We are lucky to get 1-2 activities in without full on overload! Thats amazing =D>

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY LACHLAN!!!!!!! :happybday: \/

Kat - it sounds like Lachies party went really well!! ( Except for MIL's whingeing about there not being blue strawberries!! WT?? ](*,) )
    Sounds like he got quite a good haul of pressies too!! LOL Aidyn is getting a Fisher Price chatter phone for his bday too!

Katanya - WOW @ all of the things Felix is doing now!! Thats great! WTG Felix! =D>

Had a busy weekend here housecleaning... it must seem like I'm always cleaning to you girls... but for some reason the bloody house never stays clean!! *Points finger at DP* [-X

Have a new addiction atm... Ebay and scrapbooking... I've only just started up, but am already obsessed, and just wish I had the funds to buy everything that I want!

Aisyn has a few new tricks...(LOL)... he can now stand up without holding onto anything for periods of 5-10seconds, and he is also saying 'ball'

Hiya! Just stopping by to say someone stole my baby and replaced her with one that sleeps \/

Maybe its all this walking business but for the past week when we are at home I walk into Matilda's room with her and before I can even sit in the rocking chair to help her "unwind" her eyes are closed and her head is down, so I put her in the cot and within 10 minutes she's asleep and sleeping for 2 hours :shock: I don't know what to do with myself, she now has 2 x 2 hour sleeps a day with no dramas. Then she goes to bed around 7pm and wakes up once in the early morning for a bottle and then back until 6.30-7am!

My house has suddenly become more clean & I am less stressed over life. WOW what a difference a settled baby makes!! But :-$ don't tell her

Christy, this is getting weird!! Mitchell is sleeping really well too. He is even putting himself back to sleep.
    Everytime you post about Matilda, Mitchell seems to be doing the same thing! Sleeping, waking, being sick. Except for the walking thing ssssshhhhhh!
    I may even be able to
    get m
    y bookwork don
    e today. Sorry Mitch has just had brekky and now its time to bash the keyboard.
    Cheers

LOL thats great Lulu!! IKWYM about the bookwork thing ](*,)

YAY for sleeping babies!!! =D> \/

I don't know whats up with Aidyn either... but lastnight he was asleep before 7.30pm... and he slept in until 9.30am!! :shock: (waking for a feed at 6 though) I hope he keeps this up, LOL! Though his daytime naps are suffering... yesterday I couldnt get him to have his first nap of the day until 2pm.

Hi Everyone.
    I thought my luck had changed with Kaynes sleeping. On Friday night he slept from 8.30 til 4.00 , then on Saturday night he slept from 8.30ish til 6.00 \/ . But as luck would have it - Sunday he woke up with a temp of 39 and was an absolute pest and has been ever since #-o . Today is his first day with a normal temp but he is still a grumpy boy. Noticed a slight rash on him - I hope its nothing. I think his temp may have something to do with the few teeth that are trying to pop through.
    Congrats to all of you - who's babies are sleeping better!
    =D>
    I am counting down to 'sleep' school. I go in on the 18/04. I hope that it all goes ok - I am a little worried about how things will go - will they think I am useless or something cos my boy doesnt want to do what he is supposed to.

aww marisa good luck with sleep school! We went for 5 days/nights when Matilda was 10 weeks old, and all I have to say is two things, remember that its only for a short period of time, and to make use of what they do, even if you don't agree with them and if it works fantastic! If not you can go home & do what you want. The other thing is that you don't have to do all of what they do. I found it to be really hard, I cried heaps listening to her cry but I gained so much more confidence in knowing what was best for Matilda and what she was wanting. And that was fantastic

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast