Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Months - 12 Months, June '05

Welcome Von, of course it is okay for you to join. I am only here for another 3 days and then I am off to the next forum as my baby girl will be 1 on Saturday ... it has gone so fast.

I can still remember when Christy and I were waiting for the big day, well Christy was doing more waiting than me!! It was a race to see if I could beat Christy to it LOL. Now our girls are nearly 1 ... oh I think I might have a little cry! I don't want it to all be over ... maybe we will have another one *sigh* I keep changing my mind.

Asha is such a crack up the other night int he bath I started singing Twinkle Twinkle to her and she started singing in baby babble in the same tune and clapped when we finished. She also rolls her hands when we sing roly poly. I really want a video camera, we have one but it doesn't work. I think we might buy one for our anniversary this year (not until August)!

Emma has her school assembly this friday so I am going to wactch her at that and then I will be running around like a blue a**ed fly for the rest of the day. I have shopping to do for Asha's party, helium tanks to pick up and then get the airport to pick up my Mum at 2ish. Then pick up the kids, take Emma to Karate and then cook and clean like a woman possesed for the party. I can't wait until Monday! I have a day off work to take Mum out for lunch and to clean up.

Okay better go have things to do before I hop into bed.

Cheers

Pietta Guest

Hello lovely ladies just wanted to say hi. Not a long one from me just wanted to say a big hi to Von (seems we are in all the same forums!!) and Mooshie!!

And bye bye to all ourfirst birthdayers. We'll miss you

Oprah was on tonight with the Super Nanny and I thought yep I gotta start with the no cuddles to get Ryley to sleep. Well he bawled hiseyes out for ages and i stayed strong... but then... he burped- i thought what a bad Mum he was crying coz he had wind. Then he vomitted all over hs cot with the spaghetti he had for dinner. Obviously he wasnt feeling good. I am feeling like a terrible Mum now!!

awww Pee don't feel too bad, we went to sleep school with Matilda for a week & the first night it was around an hour of crying & settling and then she vomitted EVERYWHERE.... I felt so bad. But the next night it was less & less and she gradually got there.

Oh Pee- Christy's right, don't feel bad cos you didn't know and it won't always happen.

Welcome to Von and Natasha. Whereabouts in Vic are you? I am in Kilmore, prob never heard of it, not many have LOL.

Kelly- hope you get everything done on time and you get to enjoy the party too. having your mum there should be a help though. What is Emma doing at assembly?

Pee- it's nice to see you still here, I think last time you popped in it was a couple of days and then you disappeared again. LOL Hope you can come more regularly.

Christy- did you come up with a plan B?

I was going to go to Target, but can't be bothered driving 35 mins so I am going to Dimmeys cos it's only 15 mins instead, I have some stuff to take back and Jessica needs some size O sleep suits.

Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

Morning All

first things first HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATILDA :blowcandle: and HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHA (FOR TOMMORROW) :blowcandle: - wow one year old, you girls have grown so quickly - will see you in the next 3 mths in the big kiddies forum :smt022 oh were have our babies gone. Hope you both have really good parties and matilda is over her illness enough to enjoy her special day.

Pee good to see you chatting more - there won't be many left soon as alot seem to be turning 1, i think in the 6-9mth forum at one stage there was only myself, michelle and kellee chatting, more the merrier. Please don't feel bad about letting ryley cry then him vomitting everywhere, you were not to know - some kiddies can actually work themselves up so much they throw up, my girlfriend had one child that used to vomit when he couldn't get his own way or everytime he went down for a sleep and didn't want to - very frustrating. If you feel you want to change the way ryley gets to sleep maybe look at going to sleep school, but you do have to be prepared as it does involve controlled crying in various ways so you have to be really committed to it. i remember with jessie i used to either feed her or rock her to sleep (nothing better lol) but after 8mths of this and sometimes rocking her for 2hrs in the middle of the night things got on top of me, so i went to sleep school and yes it was hard but the nurses were wonderful and really taught ME alot, within 2 days jessie was having 2 2hr sleeps during the day and 12hrs at night and would go down without a fuss, by the time she was 1 she used to put her hands together up to her head to tell me it was time for bed at night (very cute) - it didn't take long, i really just needed to be more intune with her cries etc. babies can really pull at your heart strings tho.

von welcome to you and natasha, look forward to chatting to you and getting to know more about you and your little girl - i see you are also in the pre-conception forum so will probably chat to.

michelle how aer we today, did you get to target and get what you wanted? not long before school holidays arrhh the june holidays are always hard cause usually cold and wet and the kids get bored after a while don't they.

sorry if i have missed anyone A BIG HI THERE

not much happening here, lani pulled up onto her knees last night - 2nd time she's done it, but just a fluke really is a long way off being upright lol, she buckles at the knees still when i pull her to standing with her hands - she can stand for maybe 5secs then thats it, she loves it and stares at her feet trying to work out what is happening. she is also playing peek a boo with everything she gets her hands on to cute. the other day we had a little band happening, jay was playing guitar, i was singing into a microphone (OMG that was not good lol) and lani was playing her crocodile keys, we were singing heaps of nursery rhymes and had a ball - it is nice to sit down like that and play with the kids rather than run around doing housework etc. i should really make an effort to do more.

we might not be getting the ford territory now - we have discussed it and whilst we can afford the extra $50 pw now - if things happen with interest rates etc and with jay starting school next year we think that $50 would be better off in the bank - so dh is talking to his bosses today a bit more - it gets all confusing with salary sacrificing etc - he is also due for a pay rise which he may or may not get (they review pays at end of june) but he needs to make a decision about the car before pay reviews. we might either get a standard falcon or an xr6 i really don't care as it will be a new car and all upkeep and petrol is paid by the company - we will buy whatever he gets when he gets another new one which will be in 3yrs.

anyway i can't stop these epic posts lol i better go, its just my fingers type whatever pops into my head and i can type quicker than i can write so bit of a problem there sorry.

have a good day everyone

Hi girls! Well....this is it, she's now one \/ I know a lot of mum's dread their babies growing up, but I'm having a celebration day. Celebrating getting through the year alive! LOL and celebrating no more reflux so I went & got a hair cut today. Matilda's getting so much better, so she went to day care today so I can do party organising

Christy I have already welcomed you to 12mths forum, but I will wish Matilda a happy bday again, can never have too many happy bday wishes LOL. Good idea about the haircut, isn't it amazing you just never imagine 1 yr after you have your baby that they will be a little person.

Michelle- bummer about not getting the territory but it is smart to look ahead and plan, don't want to get yourself into a hard position financially esp when ttc anotherlol Maybe you can get it next time.

Will pop back later and talk more, gott go and make mum a cuppa as she just got here and I have to go say hello to my niece.

See ya Michelle

Hi all

Thank you for the welcome it is so hard when you are just barging into a forum where everyone already knows each other, anyway I am sure I will get to know you all soon enough. But Natasha is 1 next month so I guess that means I will be leaving also. :smt022

Pee- I promise I am not following you O In regards to sleep. Don't feel bad that you left DS to cry. I went to sleep scholl with dd when she was 3 months because she was up for 12-15 hours straigt :mad: . From the time we arrived at the school until the time I checked myself out she cried and cried they could not get her to sleep. So I guess you could say we failed. In the end I just rocked her to sleep and am still happy to do that now, although she is begining to fall asleep at night by herself. I think you just have to do what you feel comfortable doing, stuff the Supernany and all the books that say how we should raise our children (ok got mooshies problem just typing away lol))

mitch4now- I am from Croydon, and I have heard of KIlmore I have even been there a few times.

Must go and think about this 1st birthday party I have invited 30 people DH is having a fit about how many people are coming and now i have to figure out what the hell we are going to do for food.

mooshie Guest

hi there

footy on and hawthorn is playing so nothing from dh tonight lol. thought i would check out what was happening on bb.

von we will all be in 1 big group in the next forum - sorry but everytime i see your name i think of von from all saints lmao. you are lucky to have only 30 people for natasha's first birthday. my dh is planning a grand event lol (at one stage he was talking pony rides in the block next door ](*,) ) we estimate around 100 people and will hire a jumping castle for all the bigger kids (and adults) only reason we are going out big is that there are alot of people who have helped us physically,emotionally and financially over the past few years and it will be a celebration of our gift from our angel and also a huge thank you (even my dh's bosses and their families are being invited) dunno where we will put everyone probably in the garage with roller door up and a marquis attached.

we i am off to see if any babies are on there way - am still waiting to hear from bil and sil re their bubs she is 1wk over and i know they had an ante natal visit last night but i don't want to ring all the time as that can be soooooo annoying lol.

okay i'm off
    night night

Mooshie-I am nothing like Von from All Saints that's for sure.

I was wanting to get a pony, a petting farm and a jumping castle as well but dh said no. So maybe next year[/b]

mooshie Guest

sorry von

hope i didn't offend you there - i am sure you are nothing like her.

after lani's big 1st birthday party we are going to only have a party for the kids every 2nd yr with there friends, of course we will have a family party every year but this year for my son's 5th birthday he wanted to invite all 28 kids from kinder plus 12 friends he has known since playgroup days at $15 per head i put the limit to 10 lol. mcdonalds parties have gotta be the best value tho, ds had a maccas party for his 2nd, 3rd and 4th birthdays lol - this year was a mini golf one and i can imagine it will get more elaborate as he gets older.

forgot to mention today - lani had a chocking incident - i remember posting how scared i am of choking after michelle's jessica choked a while back. today i was in my bedroom changing to go out and i heard lani making a terrible noise so i ran out and she was head down on the ground going all red and trying to cough and breathe omg i picked her up and whacked her on the back and she coughed up and had a little vomit then cry i was so frightened and shaken - it was a piece of plastic that had come off the old clothes horse which i hadn't used for ages but needed to as i had a full washing line and dryer and needed stuff dry - i won't be using that again - i explained to ds how important it was not to leave little bits around cause this is what can happen - he told me he heard her making a funny noise and i said next time please run and get mummy. phew what a scary situation.

Mooshie- No offence taken it takes a lot to offend me. That is one of the downs of internet you can't tell if someone is offended.

OMG about lani chocking that is scary, I have my first aid certificate but I still think I would panic if that was my dd. It is amazing how they have hawke eyes for little things like that. And it just goes to show how quick things can go terriblie wrong. Glad Lani is ok.

Oh Michelle I so know exactly how you felt, thank goodness she vomited it up, it is so scary, we did the same explaining to our other 3 but jessica still manages to find stuff to put in her mouth, today it was a bread tie, a couple of receipts, a pizza crust, and that's just what I was able to retrieve.

Von- welcome again and it is sometimes hard to keep up but it prob won't take long. Lots of girls are about to leave here and that means it will be easier to keep up, but once we get into the 1 yr forum there are lots of people, but it doesn't seem to be as busy, maybe bc we are so busy once our bubs turn 1.

30 people at a bday party is my dream too, we also have over 100, and that is mostly just family. Jemma turned 1 last yr and the party cost about $300. So we are expecting the same for Jessica's and we are not hiring a jumping castle or anything quite so exciting. But we don't do the full family party very often, really only for 1st bdays and then i reckon ithe next big one will be Jordans 13th, but as she is not 11 yet we have awhile to wait. I always let the kids have a little friends party once they are in kinder and school, but Jordan's last yr was just 3 friends for a sleepover and that was great.

Anyway must keep moving so I get through all the notifications in the inbox. have a great weekend everyone.

Oh almost forgot, jessica stood alone for at least 10 seconds tonight, and she was clapping as she was doing it, we got some pics. I will let you know if I ever get any of them on the website, I still haven't put the professionsl shots on, from 2 mths ago. Just so busy!

Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

omg at jessica standing michelle - she is doing everything so quickly typical when you don't want it to happen lol. lani is no where near standing when i pull her up to standing she is amazed and looks down at her feet gigling. she is still slugging around the house although tonight got on all fours and moved a little like that.

she is cheeky at putting stuff in the mouth she will rip a piece of paper and come slugging over to me smiling and holding it in one hand stop look at me grin then go to put it in her mouth - cheeky monkey, i told her the other night she will go into the naughty corner (i was joking of course) but i think jay thought it was wonderful that she will soon be getting punished lol

maybe i should hit the sack - hawthorn must be going good NOT lol paul has fallen asleep in front of the telly lol.

Hey Michelle- is Paul a Hawks supporter? I gather they are losing cos i can't hear Arron screaming and he didn't pick Hawks, or he's asleep too. LOL That is a big possibility. And yes Jessica is a bugger, she is also pushing the hippo walker across the loungeroom, running into the wall and then screaming the place down until someone turns it around for her. Where has my baby gone?

I saw in the 6mth forum you were having trouble with Lani rolling over and waking up crying. I too had that and that was when I started using sleeping bags, I don't know if you are already using them but if not maybe that will help. I found Jessica was cold and that was part of the crying and also that it was harder to roll over with the sleeping bag on. Would you be interested in getting together on the holidays, meeting for lunch say at a McDonalds near you or something? I would really like to meet you and Jay and Lani. Let me know!

Anyway, gotta go and get off here, kids are still up and I am getting tired. Loads on this weekend, Jordan has netball tomorrow and a tournament on Sunday from 9am to 4pm, plus Josh has Auskick on Sunday. plus Arron is playing footy tomorrow, first week back after 6weeks injured, and I am minding my niece Olivia, so Jemma and her should fight all day, she is 3 mths younger than Jemma, she just turned 2. Busy busy busy as usual.

Hope yo have a good one
    Best wishes Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi again i really should go to bed but am not tired #-o

i have been using the sleeping bags on lani for a while now but i didn't last week when she was sick cause she had a fever of around 39 for 2 or 3 days so i didn't want her to get to hot, this is when she did the rolling over in the cot thing to - i guess she was kinda restless. touch wood all is back to normal now and she is sleeping well - with no rollover feed woohoo. at her naps during the day i don't use the sleeping bag and she sleeps for 2hrs and i quite often don't know she is awake i go and check on her and she is crawling around the cot playing - looking like a tiger in a cage.

i am collecting the heinz labels (i only use the deserts tho) i think you need 165 for the hippo which is what i want for lani don't think i will get there tho so will probably end up buying it i think it will be her birthday present.

it would be good to catch up, i was thinking of the meet up at kidz digz just have to see how long it will take me to get to hoppers crossing - at this stage i am thinking we will go along as jay doesn't get to go to playcentres much anymore.

well i really better go to bed now or i will be cursing myself in the morning.

night

Happy Birthday Matilda

Hope you had a wonderful day and were spoilt rotten.

Hugs and kisses from your friend Asha

Happy Birthday Asha !!!!!!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Love

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast