Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 16th-30th 2009 #1

Gee Bee, you and Jacob aren't having much luck. I hope he is feeling better. Thankfully we haven't needed to go to hospital for anything yet, but I know how awful it is when your little one isn't well. I am impressed that Jacob has put on weight even though he has been sick.
    I often dream of having a normal sized baby, but my boys seem to want to be heavyweights. It does get a bit tiresome hearing 'gee, they are big boys aren't they? Is their dad big?'.

Quote Originally Posted by berrme View Post
    It does get a bit tiresome hearing 'gee, they are big boys aren't they? Is their dad big?'.
    OMG my mind is noooooooooorty.... pmsl. You could reply with Yes actually he is..... *insert pause* then oooooooh ...OOOOOH you mean tall?? Oh my I'm sorry....pmsl. Told ya my mind is nooooorty!

Well, I weighed little Mr Elijah man today on different scales and they say 7.3kg. So who really knows lol. Main thing really is he's growing, getting bigger and heavier so I'm not worried, just would be nice to have it correct for his book!! Woke up heaps last night too I'm wondering if he's going to go back to sleeping through or not! I hope this isn't the start of things to come as in a waking all night baby for months and months to come.

Hi Ladies

Ozziehoffy lol you just said what we were thinking, better than being tiny though ;P
    As for us we are getting better he has had bronchiolitis and is still a bit chesty and has very generously passed this onto me with my asthmatic lungs...so i guess i could get a job as one of those gravelly phone voices. His feeding has been terrible no more than 500ml a day for weeks now and he has been nicknamed "chucky" but all in all its just winter colds/flus and wont leave any permanent damage.

I have to say i was so excited he did 4 and 5hrs overnight which is a huge improvement on the 2 hourly feeds of the past few weeks but he has been out of sorts so i forgive him. He has learnt to pick things up now and put them in his mouth or hit himself in the face, he also loves textures he runs his hands over dads stubble and silk blankets, plush furs... so cute. Shower time has become the best part of our day and he experienced his first spa bath with mummy which he loved. He just relaxes for an hour or so, we sing songs, he smiles/giggles, has a massage and then cuddles!

Have any of you tried solids yet? Jacob loves rice milk and has taken to some of the rafferty's garden purree's and he acts like he's always done it! Anyway hope your all doing well and your bubbas brigthen everyday.

Love Bee & Jacob

Bee, great to hear things are improving. Lol @ gravelly voice for phone calls! Haven't tried solids, won't for a couple of months yet. He's not ready anyway as much as Oskar sometimes likes to offer him food...lol... I seriously have to watch it!

MEL..... GOOD LUCK FOR SUNDAY YOU SUPERMUM!!!!!! Let me know how you go. Oh and we HAVE to try to catch up before hols start in 3 wks.

Bee, I tried Edward with some rice cereal last night and he took it no worries at all. He just seems to be wanting to eat all the time and isn't satisfied, even with my apparently copious stores of milk. I started Byron at about 4 1/2 months too as he did the same thing and we never looked back. It is really good that Jacob has taken to it so well, some babies just don't want a bar of anything but milk.

Cass, people do always say 'big' not 'tall'. It does sound dodgy though.
    I was thinking the same thing about hols coming up again. I can't believe it has been long enough for that. I go back to school at the start of term 1 next year and it seems to be approaching rapidly!
    I am a bit scared about tomorrow. I can't wait to be finished! It would have been nice for the weather to stay cool for a bit longer, but it is early in the morning so it shouldn't be too bad. I will definitely let you all know how I go. Thanks for the luck, I may need it.

My best friend had her 1st bub on Thursday. She had a 23 hour labour! Bub turned posterior after about 12 hours and she got nowhere for ages, but she refused the c/s, had an epidural and they managed to turn him and get him out eventually. Obviously going through all my vbac stuff with me put her off the c/s.

Just a quick one... I survived the run. I think I ran about 1hr 15mins but I don't have my official time yet. They didn't start the race very well, lots of the walkers started in front of the running groups so it was very frustrating running around slow people. I think I must have run an extra km zigzagging back and forth to get around them. Lots of hills too. Anyway, very pleased it is over, no more 10km runs for at least a while... until our trainer convinces us all to go in the next fun run.

We are all well here. Byron has been a bit painful with the changing weather but otherwise ok. Hope you are all doing great.

Congratulations Mel - good on you for making it through the training and the run.

We're all good here. DS is soooooo lovely at the moment. I'm trying to encourage him to sit up as he has nearly grown out of the rocker. Being a reflux baby, he only lasts on his tummy for very shor periods of time - 5 mins max, and will lie on his back for about 10 mins at a time (but it has to be at least an hour after a feed).

He's also giggling and laughing like nothing else. I just love this stage so much. Must weigh him this week for his records and to compare him to DD. 2 weeks ago he was 6.2kg and 68cm tall, with a pin head of 39cm. He looks like a little budda as he's short for his weight. Getting some lovely comments in relation to this too. He was called 'Matt Dunning' on the weekend. My poor bubba.

DD has been good but started waking at night over the last 2 weeks, for nothing in particular. Seems like she just wants company. "Pat, Pat mummy?" "water?". but it's sending me batty. Last night she cried on and off for 2 hours - not real crying, just whinging. I got up to her twice during that time, and I attended to DS twice to feed and 3 times to extend the feed times with the dummy. Pretty tired today.

No solids happening here. DD started at 5 1/2 months and I'll start DS at a similar time. Lots of people from mothers group have started their bubs though.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Thanks Nell. I have to diagree with you on DS being a budda. He is quite tall for 6.2kg. Edward is nearly 9kg at last weigh in and is 69cm long, both measurements at the 95th percentile. I haven't had budda comments, just general big and tall comments. You are hanging round the wrong people.
    I think that the eldest child is always going to be the challenge. I expect Edward to cry and wake up etc cause he is a baby, but when Byron does it it is just annoying! I got a full night out of Byron for the first time in ages, and only got up once for Edward, and feel so much better today! I hope DD starts sleeping properly for you soon.

double post

Haha,

I just checked out Ds's measurements and he really is a budda, not at 68cm but 58cm!!!!!

His weight is just under 50th percentile and height at about the 25th.

Lovely to know I'm not the only one getting up to the eldest child. Thankyou.

lol Nell, you were right, he's a budda. Babies just aren't right without rolls though.

Hi Everyone,

Well NellNell if you have a buddha I have a giant lol Spence was 72.5cm at 4months so lets just say he is on his own line and it is well above the 97th percentile he weighs 7.22kgs my gorgeous bub well just a quick one I'm off to bed so chat soon

Hi everyone, just wanted to check if it's ok I join in here? My group is verrrry quiet! lol I already know some of you from my belly buddies as Noah was due on the 16th April, but was born on the 8th.

YAY MEGAN!!!! I was a bit upset we ended up in seperate groups so I for one would love you to join in here!!

Thanks Jas I have a bit of catching up to do. How are your boys?

Hi Megan, you are very welcome in here, it is always nice to know how our belly buddies are going even if their babies weren't born on the right day. It is often quiet in here too... it seems having babies keeps people busy.

Wow Jas, Spencer is tall! It must be nice to know he is growing so well despite the issues you have had with reflux.

Welcome Megan, and welcome back Jas.

Budda he is Mel...sooooo much shorter than Edward and Spencer. Wow - it's amazing the difference in length and weight. I've updated my signature accordingly.

Both my little monkeys are asleep - yay. I really should go and do a few things so I can play with them when I get up.....but kind of cant be bothered.

Applied for a job last week - not sure how many chances I will get to apply for jobs within half an hour of home, so took the chance and I have an interview early next week. EEEEkkkk. With my serious baby brain I don't know whether I'll be up to standard with my level of communication and feel like I haven't been talking the lingo for ages. I even needed to go out and buy some decent clothes as I haven't bought much since before DD was born. That's about 2.5 years. A good excuse for shopping though.

Wish me luck - I think I'll be studying for then next 5 days.
    Last edited by nellnell; September 2nd, 2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Signature update

posting again as I'm hanging for a new page - bring on page 13

Please.......
    Sorry for wasting space!

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast