Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 16th-30th 2009 #1

Hi everyone,
    Just catching up on everything.. My internet has been playing up so i have been having major withdrawals! How are all your bubs going? I cant believe Oliver is 4 months old - time flies when your having fun lol.. Were off for needles next week and Oliver is finally fitting 00 clothes.. Not much laughing or giggling happening yet but plenty of smiles! I try my hardest but obviously im just not that funny. hehe. Oliver has been in his own room now for about 2 weeks and sleeps really well in there. I think its the calming colours or something, we have lots of nice blues and teddy things and out his window is like trees and palms and stuff so sometimes i go in there to check on him and he's wide awake watching the them swaying. I haven't started solids yet either, although my cousins baby is one day younger and she is on farex now but Oliver has only just gone to 200mls formula so im not really worried yet.. Might start him at about 5 1/2 months or something.

Mel- Congrats on completing your fun run that's awesome!

Is anyone offering their babies water at this age? Being formula fed and coming up to summer should i be offering it just in between feeds or wait until he starts solids?

Well done Mel!! I wouldn't have made it to the finish lol.

Nell, he sounds gorgeous! I love rolls! Elijah doesn't have a lot of rolls... he's going to be a bean pole like Andy I think. He was 67cm and about 7kg oh and a fat head 41cm..lol...it's round like Oskar's was. Good luck with the job hunt and interview.

Mama, we've been doing a new garden in our front yard and Elijah has spent quite a bit of time laying on a blanket watching the sky, birds, trees etc. LOVES it! Chats away, very cute. Oh I think that babies find the weirdest things amusing! The other day Oskar ran down the hallway then stopped and Elijah cacked himself, full on laughing. Sometimes just one word seems to amuse him.

Elijah's very close to rolling, but I'm not holding my breath. Oskar was the same, thought he was going to then didn't do it for a very long time. He was sitting and I think maybe even bum shuffling before he rolled.

MEGAN!!! YAY!! Noah is looking just beautiful in that pic. Soooooooooooo cute and his eyes OMG amazing! Technically I'm in the other group but I decided to reside here cos you're right, it's REALLY quiet in the other group.

Jas, Spencer is tall that's for sure!

We've had all sorts of fun here the past 2 wks! Andy had a cold which turns out is a flu (not pig thankfully) cos he's had a bit of a relapse and it's on the chest a bit so antibiotics. Being male though, the other day he says oh my joints are still sore... I said well GO TO THE DOCTOR! lol Good thing cos he was told that little kiddies are in the "danger" group of catching it easily. I had a tummy bug (again!! second in 2 months) and now I have had a cold and Oskar has it too. I'm not sure if Elijah has had a touch of it as he's been a bit snuffly, but he does get a bit like that sometimes anyway. They have such little noses that it doesn't take much so he's been getting the vicks treatment too JIC. OOOOoooooh Andy found a redback spider in our garage this arvo!! I freaked out cos literally the other day Oskar says to me mummy spider and took me to where the web was but I couldn't see any so I just told him to leave the web alone. Thing is, that's EXACTLY where it was.....omg what would I do if he got bitten and I didn't know what type of spider it was????? How would I know that he'd been bitten if I couldn't see anything?

Oh we went to the zoo today. I have an annual pass so we can go anytime which is really cool cos it's just down the road from us. Anyway, today we went and saw the snake and crocodile show and Oskar was sitting there with his arms out going "want to hold him, want to hold him" rofl. When it came time where you could pat them he waltzed right on up and patted both!! I couldn't believe it! Got pics though.

Hey Ladies

Just a quick one from me I've been reading regularly and trying to get to know you all better. Its still pretty cold here in Perth so we havent been out much. I was called into my old job because my maternity replacement wen on holidays and as much as i love it im exhausted. We went to clinic last week and the CHN was really annoyed because jacob had not gained weight for nearly a month now and screamed if you fed him more than 80ml and told me to keep a diary.

I discovered that he did drink more but only when i had rice cereal in it which if he has too much upsets his tummy. Was talking to one of the doctors yesterday and she suggested i thicken it. HALLELULIJAH!! he went from 600ml in 24hrs yesterday to 950ml today and he slept 5 hours.

Anyway had to share so fingers crossed the CHN nurse is happy with me next week and he gains a good amount!!

Love & Tickles to all your bubbas.
    Bee & Jacob

Thanks Cass Noah is very similar size to Elijah. Same weight, but 66cm and a fat head too!! lol That was 2 weeks ago, and since then I have had to put him into size 0 as he grew out of the 00's in length. No idea where he gets the height from, but his fat head comes from his father!!
    Noah isn't rolling yet and I don't think he's in a hurry too. He only likes tummy time if his nappy is off. He moves around a lot more and tries to leap frog forward, but as for rolling I don't think he's bothered! We think he's teething. The MCHN told us 2 weeks ago he was, but nothing has come through yet. He has good and bad days at the moment, thankfully mostly good. We can see the white spots on his gum and think they're about to come through and the next day they disappear!

It has taken us this long, but he has figured out his routine and finally having a couple of good day sleeps of 1-1.5 hours. Up until 2 weeks ago he would sleep 3 times a day for 20-30 minutes. I've actually been able to grab myself a shower without having to lug him and his bouncer into the bathroom!

I have to finish getting ready to go to mothers group. We're making fathers day presents today! This will be interesting....not a crafty bone in my body! lol

Megan, Edward's teeth have been doing the appear then disappear act since just over 3 months. I really wish they would just come through!!
    We are also having 3 short naps during the day. I have been making a real effort to just resettle him when he wakes after about 30 minutes, but it can be difficult when Byron just wants to run into the nursery and play when he hears Edward cry. I have found that getting into a decent baby routine is much harder this time with a toddler too.

Bee, yay for Jacob eating and sleeping more! I hope the CHN didn't really scream at you! This mothering business isn't always easy.

Cass, you poor sick thing you. Somehow we have missed the worst of all the winter bugs. Heres hoping you can finish the year without any more gastro!
    Byron loves spiders at the moment. Everytime we see one we have to sing incy wincy spider. Thankfully we haven't found any nasty ones in our yard but I am always concerned that we will, especially when it is dry like this. Fingers crossed that Oscar remembers not to touch if he comes across some himself.

Amanda, don't feel rushed to give solids. 6 months is the standard start time these days, my boys just act like their starving. Their poos smell nicer before they start solids too.

Nell, goodluck with the job interview!

Edward has rolled over once. He almost rolls all the time, but doesn't get his arm out of the way. He is absolutely loving his jolly jumper, he bounces really high now... very cute!
    We have had 3 nights in a row where Byron has slept through and Edward has only woken once. Hopefully Byron is over whatever was bothering him so Clive and I can continue to be well rested.

Edward is awake, better go.

Is anyone giving thier babies water?

Bee, I hope that she's happier and then you can feel better too!! It really can make you feel bad when they have a go at you.

Mel, he's pretty good and tells me when he sees spiders or the likes but it's just so scary to know that they are really so close in my house!! It's the second lot Andy has found in the past few months. First ones were worse cos he was at a higher risk of getting bitten where they were cos they were on the bottom step at the side of the house!! We don't actually use those stairs but Oskar does climb on the bottom one and sit on it sometimes.

Megan, Elijah LOVES his nappy off too and that's when he does some of his best rolling onto his side and he pulls his legs up and squeezes his chubby little knees. It's really cute... UNTIL HE PEES ON THE FLOOR!! hahahaha

Amanda, I agree with Mel on the poo smell lol. They do say to hold off as long as possible with food cos their little tummies are still developing.

No water here Mama....but Elijah is BF so he shouldn't actually need to have any until well ages yet cos BM changes to suit his needs and seasons.

If I remember I'll try to weigh the boofhead tomorrow cos I have to go to the shops - almost out of bum wipes!! Well, I could do without but heaps easier with them.

No, no water here yet either. Which brings to me a question....once he starts solids, does he need water or will breast milk be enough? Generally, if you continue breastfeeding, when do you give them water. My MIL always brings it up and keeps telling me I should be giving him water. She's doing my head in! I should get my ABA book out, find some info and give it to her.

Yep, nappy free is always fun until he wees on the floor, or even better and on me! Usually at least one fountain here everyday! Wee I can handle, it's the poo when his nappy is off that is not fun! lol

I haven't been giving water yet either. I will probably start to offer a little bit once Edward can hold a sippy cup himself, so not really until about 6 months. That is really only to get him started with using a cup.

Megan, I found with Byron that when it was hot he wanted to BF inbetween his normal feeds but only for a minute or 2. The doctor told me this was probably as he was thirsty and just getting some foremilk. He stopped after he had his own cup of water that he could drink out of when he wanted to but that wasn't until he was mobile, so maybe 8 months or so. About the same time as we really started replacing BFs with solid meals. If they are still on the boob then they won't go thirsty.

Amanda, I don't think there are any steadfast rules. I am pretty sure it would be fine to offer water as long as it doesn't compromise your normal feeds. I am guessing you don't just increase FF like you can with BF??

We love nappy off time here too, but we usually do it outside as we have carpet here. I actually haven't been weed on at all by Edward... what a nice boy I have.

Hey ladies

We dont give any water here unless Jacob is constipated as he is bottle fed because i never got milk silly body. Jacob loves nappy off time too he doesnt really wee everywhere but i put down an old towel never had number 2's though. He isnt a wee boy ive only been caught once.

Since drinking much more Jacob has been so much happier, he wakes up talking and hasnt even vomitted much. Though im not sure how many pooey nappies a day is normal as he seems to be going quite frequently 4-5 a day but i have no idea what is considered normal before thickener he was only going every couple of days and sorry if TMI but the smell is horrendous. Any advice much appreciated!!

I love the names in here edward, elijah (I want that for my next son) and trying to remember others but bad brain. Well i better get ready for week *sigh* 40 hours is too much when they are this age.

Love Bee & Jacob

Bee, Noah had 4-5 pooey nappies a day (more in the first month) until about 2 weeks ago and has suddenly gone to every 2-5 days. I don't think it's a problem. You said he's happy since eating more, and that could also be the reason for the increase in frequency.

Megan, BFing is enough for them. I don't think Oskar really started to drink water until past the age of 12 months from memory. He just never got how to drink it for a start lol and it tastes like nothing and BM is sweet. Megan put a flat cloth nappy or something under him so he can poo on that if he does one. I used to hate the poo in the bath Oskar would do... blurgh!

Bee, Joshua used to be a pooer like that!! All the time! Oskar wasn't as bad but usually several a day and even now it's at least twice a day if not 3 times. Elijah, well bless him cos he's so lovely to his mummy and goes usually only once a week!! YAY but oh the mess they make lol and they stick like paste to his little bottom. However, it's sure nice not to have to clean poo ALL DAY, every day!

Elijah had his first shower tonight hehe. He wasn't that sure of it but then was fine cos I covered his belly with my arm and his doodle with my hand so it must've felt better then cos he settled more and had a little chat. He usually has a bath but cos he pooed I wanted to just give him a quick wash cos it was 8pm already so he was in with me. Hmmm other than that, no news today, very late and I need bed!!

Hello everyone,

I'm so hopeless keeping up with everyone but please know that I do read your posts and care, just dont get more than a couple of minutes here and there to post a reply.

The job interview was interesting - felt like I had been out of the game for so long and didnt really do enough 'study' but blundered my way through. Came out of it feeling like I had so much more to say, just couldnt find the right words! Anyway - ends up I stuffed it up and didnt get the job. Kind of a bummer, but really good at the same time as I can just cruise and head back to do some casual teaching next year to boost the finances. At least with casual teaching there are no reports, no serious planning and prep, no staff meetings, no dealing with parents. Ahhhh, sounds like something I'd like for a change.

Budda is so different to Beauty. She was holding her feet, and almost rolling at this stage. He couldnt care less about his feet, and rolling - ha.....not a chance. He's only just started to arch his back and look back when you walk behind him. He seems like the cruisy laid back type so far (now that the reflux thing has settled) so maybe he just doesn't want to move. He LOVES his sister though. They could laugh at each other all day. Dh is really enjoying him a heap more now too. I left him with both of them for a much needed girls night out on the weekend and he coped fine - about time I'd say too, as DS is 4.5 months old.

No water here either, will start when we start solids in about 6-7 weeks time.

Cass - oh cool, showers with bubs are so great. Beauty loved a shower from about 5 days and Budda had his first at about 2 weeks. I wish I could do it more, but find I need 2 people around so neither one of us has to freeze while the other gets dressed. So we only do showers occasionally when DH is around and Budda goes in with him, then passes him to me, or vice versa.

Bee - Budda isnt a wee boy either. Funny though when he does, he caught me out about 2 weeks ago while I was dressing him, and I got a shock, went Ahhhhh, and Budda promptly started to scream as I had frightened him! poor thing

Anyway off to bed for a nap as both possums are asleep and I had to feed budda 3 times last night!!!!!!!! . Really tired. Hope it goes back to once or even twice soon. so hard to function normally.

Quiet in here again.

Nell, sorry the interview didn't go well. You probably don't want to look after other people's children yet anyway. There will be other jobs, we teachers are in demand! I know I will enjoy it once I am back at school in January, but the thought of it is just awful right now.

Cass, we don't have a bathtub so we always have showers here. Byron and Edward both love it, luckily as they don't have an option until we either move or extend.

We are doing well here. Both boys are sleeping well. Edward has slept through a couple of times again in the last week, and is getting to about 4am on the other nights. Daytime sleeps are still a bit short, but that will come in time too.
    Edward is loving his solids! He is still only having the one feed in the evening as I don't want to shock his little digestive system, but his little face lights up and he opens his mouth when he sees the bowl and spoon. I will probably add a second feed this week since he is officially 5 months.
    Edward is rolling all over the place now. once they can move I always wonder why I was so anxious for the moving to start. Now everytime I turn around he is lying somewhere other than where I left him. I guess sitting and crawling won't be too far away. He is VERY strong.
    I have been sewing nappies and covers. I got a few fitteds and am kind of hooked. Now the plan is to make enough for all the time out of materials that I have here. So far I have used flat nappies, an old towel, some old flanalette sheets and cotton jersey Tshirts that we were going to stick in the charity bin. They are pretty good actually, but I need an overlocker to neaten them up a bit. I will have to pinch my nanna's when I go up to Cairns next month. She doesn't sew anymore.

Better go, have washing to do... just for something different.

Nell, it is too hard to do the shower thing on your own for sure! Oskar is having showers all the time now. He just loooooves them.

Mel, he's powering along that's for sure!! My little man rolls onto his side which Oskar was doing at the same age too but didn't roll for a long time.

I'm copying this from a post I did in the Baby/Toddlers thread......

ahhhh I'm not sure I'm ready lol. Part of me is so, so proud of him and part of me is crying for my baby. He's had his bed set up in his room for a while now but still sleeping in his cot, but last night wanted to sleep in it, but only stayed about 5 mins and wanted his "old bed" being the cot. Today for his sleep he went into the new bed for about 10 mins then wanted his "old bed". Tonight he went into his new bed and he's still there, ASLEEP..... I'm not sure which face it should be lol.

This isn't just a tiny step, it's HUGE!! He's still been sleeping in OUR room, right next to me in his cot. Been there since the day he came home from hospital at 2 days old. He's 11 days off 2 1/2 exactly. I've just been leaving it all up to him to move when he's ready to sleep in his bed and room. Obviously he felt ready and for that I'm very proud of him, but I think I'm going to miss him tonight. I wasn't ready yet!!! lol - oh and obviously we're talking about Oskar here!!
    Last edited by Ozziehoffy; September 15th, 2009 at 10:02 PM.

Cass, I almost got a little teary! I remember when we were in belly buddies and you talked about not being ready then. I think it's fantastic that you have just allowed him to do his own thing and he is happy and confident enough to make the move. I hope you can get some sleep tonight? I would be tempted to just stand in his doorway and watch him sleep!
    We don't have Noah in our room (we live in a shoebox and no room for his cot in our bedroom), but he is right next door. He sleeps in there for his day sleeps and I put him in there at his bedtime after his bath each night. When he wakes for his first feed, I leave him with me so I guess we part time co-sleep. DH works nights so during the week it's easy and there's plenty of room and I love the snuggles and waking up to his cute little face. Like you, I'm happy for this to go on for as long as he likes. I hope that he will eventually be able to make the transition on his own because he is secure and confident enough to do so.
    Well done to Oskar!

Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    I hope you can get some sleep tonight? I would be tempted to just stand in his doorway and watch him sleep!
    Oh it's tempting trust me!! I am teary on so many levels... so many different emotions. Lol... ok how tragic am I!!! I've moved the monitor to his room (bearing in mind it's just straight across the hallway from us) and Andy put the listening end in our room.... BUT... I made him move it so it was RIGHT NEXT to me and not across the room... pmsl. I just want to be able to hear him straight away if he wants me cos quite often he'll very quietly just go "mummy, mummy" and I've always just been able to roll over and hit a button on my mobile for light. Ahhhhh sleep come to me....haha I am in fear that I'm going to lay awake half the night and get up to check him the other half.

I think Noah will do the same one day I can't believe that our relationship really is changing to another level now, he's proving that now.

lol, you girls are such sops! They do have to grow up eventually. I have never really had either of my 2 in with me for any substantial amount of time, just when they wake at around 5am and I don't want to get up yet, or they weren't sleeping well for one reason or another. So I didn't have the same situation when we moved Byron to his big bed at the start of the year.
    Byron comes in to our bed when he wakes up now for 15 minutes or so of cuddles before we all get up, and Edward is often in bed with us getting his first morning feed, and I must admit it is nice having cuddles with all my men at once.

Hope you got some sleep, Cass.

What cars do you ladies drive? We are trying to decide what to buy. Currently we have a kia rio which is just big enough at the moment, but no good if we actually want to put a 3rd person in the back. I want something I can definitely put 3 baby seats in the back of as we have decided we will definitely try for number 3 next year and changing cars again just seems stupid. So just wondering if you have any recommendations.

Anyway, better get out of my dressing gown.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast