Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 16th-30th 2009 #1

Mel- Crystal cascades sounds beautiful, we went and did the Kondalilla falls walk with my 2 boys last weekend. I thought it was only going to be 200m to the little waterfall but it was like 2 kms or something and we had the nappy bag, small esky, the rocker and my handbag???lol.. dunno what we'd need with that.. eventually we made it to the falls and it was so nice, next time ill be taking my hugabub and just a sml backpack i think... soooo sore the next day. Going to the beach and lunch would have been so nice, i cant remember the last time i lazed around on the beach with Trev.

Cass- I would love to be able to scrapbook, I started one with Sam that never got finished, then poor Oliver, i havent even had time to put his photos into an album , Did try avocado with Oliver too and not sure if he was too fussed with it either.

Jass- How exciting, i cant wait until Oliver can sit up.. He gets stuck on his belly alot. Is there anything you did to help him along? I tried putting Oliver up against some pillows and stuff but he was just falling over laughing.. Thought sitting was just hilarious.

Anna- I went through a really bad stage a couple of months ago and was going to try lovan. I ended up just taking St Johns wort for a couple of months, I found it like took the edge off if you know what i mean. I felt alot more relaxed and able. I don't think you can breastfeed with it or take other medicines with it.. but worth a try if lovan doesnt work out.. Let us know how your going. I know how crap it is to feel like that..

Teething sucks doesnt it.. I never noticed it with Sam. He didnt get his first tooth until he was 10 months old. But Oliver is drooling and cranky and getting a dose of panadol every other day at the moment. Poor thing.
    Ive noticed Oliver has a huge sleep for his first day sleep, he wakes at like 6.30 and by 9.30-10 hes ready for a sleep and he goes for about 2-3 hours.. then has like a half hour nap at about 4.30 then he sleeps most of the night sometimes waking to have a change of nappy or a random bottle. Very lucky with night time. I was wondering if i should start waking him from his long sleep to even it out a bit? But then i dont want to break his night routine.

Any tips on how to get pumpkin stains out? and also how much are you giving your babies with solids.. Oliver has been having about 3 cubes.. but still seems hungry? I dont want to overfeed him though because he is quite spewy.
    Last edited by Mama2two; November 1st, 2009 at 11:38 AM.

Had a bad morning today.. Put Oliver down for his morning sleep on my bed as usual with a pillow both sides and him in the middle of the bed.. About an hour later, i was in the loungeroom and i heard a full on scream and cry, Oliver had fallen off the bed I fully dont know how he got to the side to fall off, im never putting him on the bed again. I got really upset because Sam has never really bumped his head or fallen off anything. Oliver stopped crying after about 2 minutes and i rang the local doctor and asked what should i do and she just said to monitor him and see if he is acting different or vomiting or crying funny. He has been ok, eating and feeding normally and rolling over and seems generally happy now.. There is no sign of a bump or red marks on him though, i heard if there is no bump its bad?? I feel so terrible about it.. Poor darling would have gotton a big fright... Lucky he fell onto carpet and not tiles i suppose.

Oh, Amanda, stop beating yourself up!! And don't listen to anything about whether or not there should be a bump. I know how bad you must have felt... Byron fell off the bed when he was about this age, but he hit his head on the skirting board. I was a mess, but he was fine. As long as Oliver wasn't drowsy at the time, and he seems like himself then everything should be fine. Babies are very resilient! If I got upset everytime Byron hit his head I would be a complete basketcase... he is just sooooo rough.

Have to get these boys to bed so will be back later.

Hi everyone. I've been SO mia. I'm happy to read all the goings on with your bubbys. My Lachlan just turned 6mths on the 30th. He's rolling over, sitting up and has one tooth. He's altogether too cute! I can't help but snuggle him and nibble on him. His brothers adore him too. He doesn't sleep that well. He was sleeping through the night but stopped that and now wakes up 2-3 times a night. I'm tired.lol

Hey Andrea, glad everything is going well, except for sleeping.

Well we finally have teeth. Both bottom teeth are coming through together, and since they cut Edward is sleeping again. The past 2 nights we have gotten through to 4am before he has woken me up. A big improvement on only 3 hour blocks!!
    Edward is getting around the house at quite a speed now. I put up the gate to stop him getting into the kitchen and playing with the cat litter box and cat bowls but Byron pulls it down. I might have to get one of the ones that opens so Byron can get through but Edward can't.

I have got all the xmas stuff for the boys on layby. Byron is getting a trampoline! I am excited. Edward gets a swing and some other squeeky trucks etc. Now I just have to shop for grown ups... they are much harder.

Anyway, hope everyone else is well, I need coffee so am off.
    Last edited by berrme; November 6th, 2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: spelling

Amanda, that would've been scary. The good thing about them when they're little is they are usually fairly limp when they fall as they don't brace themselves so it's good in some ways... they don't tend to hurt themselves in ways they would/could if they braced. Really glad he was ok though and it's not your fault!!

Andrea, I know what you mean about sleeping. Elijah really is a shocking sleeper and especially compared to what Oskar was. He was sleeping really well for a bit between 2 and 4 months but then went REALLY bad. I'm lucky if he goes 5/6 hours... the usual is 3ish which means my sleep is about 2 - 2 1/2 blocks more often than not and only getting 5/6 hours completely. Last night he woke 10, 12:45, 2:15 then we had a good block until 5:30 and amazingly enough I got him back to sleep until 7:30.. but was up to Oskar at 7....so blah lol. I find it hard with a toddler too though as I can't have a nap during
    the day when Elijah has sleeps.

Mel, I can't put anything up to keep them out of the kitchen because of the design so hopefully Elijah learns as well as Oskar did with it. I'm so afraid of him trying to pull himself up by using the oven door handle or something.

Well there's now only 9 days and my little man will be 7 months!!! How did that happen!!!????? He still has no teeth - but Oskar didn't get any until around 8 months - no solids, not interested, he's "licked" a couple of things but doesn't care. Will push up on his arms if on his tummy, but again really couldn't care lol. He rolls from side to side and does 360's on his back and gets his body over onto his tummy but usually has both hands stuffed in his mouth at the same time so doesn't roll all the way over haha but can do it as he's done it a couple of times. He's definitely bigger than Oskar was at the same age though and is even starting to get too big for some of his size 0 clothes... well not too big but they certainly fit a lot better than they did a month ago. He's way too cute though and gives beautiful little chubby arm cuddles around my neck. His face lights up and he gets so excited (his whole body shows it) when he sees you coming to get him and he reaches up and when I pick him up his arms wrap around...I LOVE IT!

I love bubby cuddles, and the joyous facial expressions too, Cass. Does Elijah suck on your face when you get cuddles? I end up completely covered in slobber, but I love it anyway.

Amanda, follow Oliver's cues... just feed until he doesn't want any more. Byron ate like a machine, but Edward is not as consistent. I have been giving him bits of our dinner to chew on while we eat and then he has some mashed food. He eats lots at dinner time, probably about 150g, but at breakfast and lunch he will eat anywhere between 50 to 100g.

I just wanted to share my joy. Byron just did his first poo on the toilet. He ran full pelt from his bedroom and just stuck his bum up over the edge of the toilet... lucky the seat was up! It looked rather funny, but I am hoping it was the breakthrough. We have also had 3 accident free nappiless outings in the last 3 days. I can see the light at the end of the nappy washing tunnel.
    Edward is pulling himself up now. I have had to start keeping the side of his cot up as when I go in there after his sleeps he is either sitting in the middle or standing holding onto the railing. I am thinking that he might actually be taking a few steps by xmas. He seems to be doing everything at the same time of year as Byron did it... he is just 2 months younger.
    I have also been filling in daycare enrolment forms. The boys will start 3 days a week in mid January. A week before I go back to work. I still don't know which days which makes it difficult, but I will be aiming for either Monday or Friday off so I always have a long weekend.
    Clive and I are going out tomorrow night while our neighbour babysits. It is a work thing for Clive, but the official stuff (that I get to dress up for ) only goes from 6.30 to 8. Then we are all going for dinner at Char Char Char and the boss is paying.

Edward needs a sleep, better go.

Hi Everyone! I've been majorly MIA and I'm sorry! Things have been hectic - have house on market and working out our seachange move to Port Lincoln YAY.

I'll write some personals later - lachlan is having a bit of a tanty.

Wow that so many babies are crawling(??!!) and sitting up. Lachlan does neither. he's been rollling from back to front for AGES now and wants to move but 'swims' his legs rather than actually moving. he gets v frustrated and cracks it BIG TIME. driving me bonkers - think we'll be happier when he can move. No teeth yet, and can't sit up for very long.

I think he's teething though - he was sleeping BEAUTIFULLY for a month and now he has screaming matches during the night. doesn't want a bottle, just wants to be held and rocked. sometimes the second i lay him down (even in bed with me) he SCREAMS again. I've had stuff all sleep the last few weeks - lucky for 4 hours last night. What is going on???? is it teething. I've given him baby Nurofen and that seems to help (?? - unsure as doing EVERYTHING i can to get him to sleep).... any ideas. Help, help help :'( i'm soooo tired.

will be back on later today for personals when he has day nap (they're not too bad - max 1.5 hrs twice a day).

stay cool ladies - another HOT day today (39 in adelaide)

ahhhhh we're a slack bunch aren't we lol.

Ok... Mel, nah doesn't suck on my face, but does my neck and shoulders.... then shares very lovingly slobbery hands which get rubbed anywhere and everywhere... gross!! lol. He's just so cute though. YAY for the poo in the toilet!! I soooooooooo get that. Oskar still won't do it, says he needs to but then doesn't do one lol. Sits there and tells you that you can hear it when it goes into the water... I think Andy told him that. Wow Edward is powering along! I have lazy boys Joshua was doing things like that at this age but not these 2, but that's quite ok with me. How was getting all prettied up and dinner?? Sounds great!

Sach, I'm jealous of your seachange!! Sounds wonderful. We're debating what to do re: the house at the moment. We don't know if we should sell it and buy bigger (land wise say like minimum 1 acre) or keep as investment and buy bigger or stay and do kitchen and replace above ground pool with inground and do a kiddy play area (there's already a proper wood cubby) with swings and cool stuff. With his sleeping, he's possibly all wired in his mind when he stirs... trying to learn new things and it plays on their minds apparently and can really disrupt them. Not fun but can only suggest that it's one of those things we just have to ride out.

Ok, well both the boys have colds... yet again! Man I'm over it! Peeved too cos only a week ago I finally had Elijah sleeping 5/6 hour block at night and last night we were back to every 2 hours!! AARRRGGGHHH!! Elijah can sit now yay Still falls over, but can sit for quite a while. So, that's about 2 months behind what Oskar did..but he sat early. Also, I think that Elijah has probably had less practice and time from me to help him get there as it has to be shared and divided between them. He still can only roll onto his tummy and then complains when he can't get back over lol. No signs of moving, crawling, or anything like that at all. He stands very well though and loves it when you have him stand on your legs holding his hands or standing on the floor between your legs holding his hands.. he chats and carries on, very funny. He's quite a mummy's boy but luckily will go and be happy with Andy if I'm out of sight and just want 5 mins.

Oh and last week when he had his needles he weighed in at 8 1/2 kilos. He has cankles lol god love him.

oh oh ... nearly forgot... I am now an aunty... by blood for the first time and not marriage!! My bro had a little boy on Friday (13th) Nov. Scotte, 7 pound 10, 54cm long (long bub) and head 35cm...emerg c/s but all good He's very cute too.

Gosh, Im so sorry that I havent been around for so long. I do jump on occasionally but seem to have only a couple of minutes to read and no time for posting much

I haven't read everyone's posts - really sorry.

The last week Ive been struggling to cope with my DD, wont talk about it much here as she's nearly 2.5 and this isnt the right forum.....thanks Cass for your post in the other forum. I really appreciate it.

DS is doing really well. He is such a happy little fellow and full of laughs and smiles. He's been sitting for awhile now, but is not interested in rolling at all. He is starting to push himself backwards (which is what DD did prior to crawling) so maybe he will crawl and miss out on rolling altogether. Loves solids and still b/f every 3 hours during the day, but starting to get some sleep between 10.30 and 4ish in the morning. Also in the process of unwrapping the little mite at sleeping time. Starting with day sleeps and will consider unwrapping for night sleeps later. It's just getting too hot!

Mel - it sounds like youve got your hands full already. Awesome news about number #2's on the loo too.

Congrats on becoming a 'real' aunty Cass. Very exciting

We certainly are a slack bunch.

Cass, congrats on becoming an blood aunty. I am not holding my breath until I get any nieces or nephews... I think I will be 40 by the time my siblings or SIL get their acts together.
    Oh, and you think you have a lump for a baby? Edward has 2 kgs on Elijah... I am getting quite a workout carrying him around.

Nell, I think we all struggle with our toddlers. Life is just so easy when one or the other of my children is asleep. They are both lovely on their own, but together they are such hard work! I just keep telling myself that they grow out of it eventually.

I certainly do have my hands full. Edward has started taking little steps around the furniture. He pulled himself up on Byron's old walker yesterday and actually took a couple of steps. I think it was a fluke as the walker moved and he just managed to correct himself, but still....yikes!
    I can see the two top middle teeth trying to make their way through now. I am resigning myself to not really getting consistent sleep for quite a while. Maybe when he has a full mouth of teeth?? Some nights He sleeps from 8 to 4, then goes down again until about 7, which I am happy with. Other nights I get woken 2 or 3 times. I have no idea what he is doing.

Better go... Byron is raiding the pantry.

Hello again all!

Cass CONGRATS on being a blood aunty. I too am not - and possibly may NEVER be a blood aunty. but my sister IS only 24 so time yet....

Berrme what a clever little man to be pulling self up and standing! lachlan has just started sitting a bit better, and he TRIES very hard to pull self along floor and now puts legs up a tiny bit. I've been told to make most of time he's NOT on move. 'they've' been right about most things up til now so i'm tryin LOL

ozzyhoff - we bought 2.5 acres in Port Lincoln and can't wait to build. but can't do so until we sell ours. hopefully we can get a rental on acreage. i had such a happy childhood on farms - i hope to give our kids the same.

nellnell - i haven't read your other thread, but i just watned to say that i don't know how ladies do babies & toddlers at the same time. DP and i have discussed more children and i'm adamant - when Lachlan is in school LOL

Well, i spke to CYH re Lachlans crying and they said it's separation anxiety.... they suggested putting a radio on snow in his room (didn't work) and going in and talking to him (not picking up) again - didn't work. so i'm riding it out. it won't be forever, and he needs me so i'm here.

I did put a pillow from 'MY' bed (spare room where i sleep) and jam it between cot and cot mattress for a presence in the bed and that it would smell of me. for the first time in weeks he slept until 3am (usually wakes at 12am)... but when i tried to put him back down after bottle he cried like his heart was breaking. so he slept on my shoulder with me.

In one way its lovely having someone love you/ need you so much they can't bear to be apart but in another way I'D LIKE SOME SLEEP NOW LACHLAN!!! hahaha!

hope you're all good - thankfully Adelaide experiencing a change the last few days. hate heatwaves.

fingers crossed for us this weekend - two opens and have been di%$ed around by buyers... please please let our house sell!

EDIT: I wanted to share my awesome news that I won a years supply of nappies - how AWESOME....!!! I enter competitions for a hobby and have won lots but this is the first thing DP has said GREAT to (except the XBox360 and guitar hero i won!!) LOL
    Last edited by mustangsachy; November 20th, 2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: extra bit!

Nell, I don't mind you including your DD in your posts here (and I'm sure no one else does either) cos it's all part of your package... I know that I do and Mel (Berrme) includes our monsters... errr I mean toddlers Sometimes I find it really helps to hear that you're not alone. That's not a bad sleep overnight I'm happy that Elijah *touch wood* seems to be going for somewhere between 5 and 7 hours overnight... finally!!

Mel, omg I can't believe his teeth! His pulling up and walking along furniture... OMG! I have lazy ones huh lol. Joshua was 9 months walking, Oskar 15 months. I'll take the 15 months any day of the week! Oh I absolutely CRAVE Oskar's sleep time and I think I might cry when he decides to drop it! Oh you must have some great arm muscles now with Edward then huh! Bahahaha @ Byron raiding the pantry, mine is so out of order now cos I've had to move things out of reach and now it's such a mess I don't even know what's in there half the time! I have put "his" stuff where he can get it cos he's all about "no I do it by self" these days lol.

Sach, sounds lovely.... and I'm still jealous! Awww I hate that heart breaking cry, Elijah sometimes will be crying and I'm in the middle of something with Oskar or in the kitchen and even though he can see me he'll start to REALLY cry that "mummy why aren't you picking me up I really want you" cry. Wow, congratulations!! Was it through Huggies?? I do enter when I remember lol. I used to enter a lot more competitions but I just don't win!

Elijah is so funny and loves laughing at Oskar. I love that, it's so cute. He does grab great big handfuls of his hair if he lays on him though.. ahahah karma I say.

Thanks for the congratulations I seriously never thought I'd see the day! He has always been the off the rails type and stupid.. really just hmmm... so it's really great to see this change in his life and see that he's pulled himself out and up of the s*** he got himself into. His fiance is lovely, only spoken on the phone cos they live in Nowra. I think she's got him sorted out lol.

I need to ask a question of those with the toddlers - last night Oskar finished his dinner then says I have a sore tummy. He said when he pushed it it hurt. We don't know if it was the buckle on the belt on the high chair (he sits next to me at the table in it and we just haven't changed it cos it works hehe) or what. This morning he woke up half crying and told me his tummy was hurting so I said maybe you should go back to sleep for a bit (it was 6am boohoo) so he rolled over for about 3 mins then back over and said my tummy is all better now, it doesn't hurt anymore. Hmmm ok confused by this. Tonight he was getting ready for bed and pushing his tummy just under where the ribs are in the centre and told me he had a sore tummy. So, I ask him after his books if his tummy was ok now and he said it was all better. So, finally my question is ... what's this about?? Is this normal? Does he have a sore tummy or is he learning about the concern or about expressing maybe a wind pain or something? Yesterday he had 3 feral sloppy poos (he's had a cold this week so it can be normal) and today he's done only 2 really small clumps of pellet type poos. Did he maybe have a touch of something and now has some consipation pains? I don't want to dismiss things but I also have a phobia of tummy bugs after having 3 this year since June! So I couldn't get to sleep last night cos my mind kept worrying

Cass, maybe Oskar had wind? I know the pain comes and goes when I have it.
    On the other hand, he may be faking. Maybe he has associated tummy pain with lots of mummy time and sympathy? Byron has definitely been faking and over exaggerating thing lately. He yells out that he needs to do a poo/ wee to get out of time outs or to come out of his room after bedtime. He yells blue murder when he has just bumped his knee so he can have cuddles and kisses. (He could have them anyway if he just asked )
    I hope he is ok.

Thanks Mel. He did it again today after his sleep. He was carrying on like a pork chop but wouldn't get off his bed even though the door was open and I told him to come out whenever he was ready. He yelled out that his tummy was sore again. Andy went in to ask him to show him where and then I went in also and asked him other places hurt too just to try to guage if he's just saying yes or not. I think there could be another possibility too and that is with this horrible heat and humidity we've been having he really, in my opinion, does not drink enough water and apparently that can cause some tummy cramps too.

As for faking it, yep he does that and it drives me batty lol. He will just start to do that "fake cry" which sounds more like an animal in misery and won't stop!! I've resorted to telling him that I'm not speaking to him whilst he's doing that and that when he's finished I'll speak to him again and then walking away lol. Doesn't last all that much longer usually. Thanks again Mel for your help

Hi! Oh my goodness, I thought it was just quiet in here, and then I realised that all of the threads that I subscribed to had disappeared! So I wasn't getting any emails to say I had news to catch up on. I have lots to read!

Ollie is doing well, 6 and a half months now. His bottom two teeth have finally come through, now I'm just waiting for him to start sleeping again. He's up every 3 hours at the moment, cries if I put him down, but laughs at me when I pick him up for a cuddle. Who knows what's going on there, I think he might think it's good time to play at 3am, I don't think so little boy!

He's crawling like a champion. Well, in his own commando way. He's so quick though, I can't leave him for a second or he's down the hallway, or eating the table, or kissing the cat. He pulled himself up to standing in his cradle the other day, I quickly sat him down before he realised that was pretty clever. It's so much easier having the cradle next to our bed rather than the cot in the other room, especially since he's waking so often. I just keep a good eye on him while he's awake now, just in case, I'll have to move him soon though if he keeps this up.

He makes me laugh every day, he's such a character.

It's good to be back, I'm looking forward to reading up on how you're all going.

Hi Sare!! Missed you. Omg he is so adorably cute!! He has hair like Elijah lol, I just LOVE it. Elijah has no teeth yet, no crawling... has got the sitting thing really well now, he did it within days, must've really been ready. Can roll onto his belly but keeps his arm under him and his fingers and/or fist in his mouth lol then rolls back onto his back. Re: sleeping.... aaaaaaarrrrgghhhh Elijah keeps chopping and changing it and it drives me nuts! I would love to sleeeeeeeeeeeep for 6/7 hours straight every night haha. Have you got Ollie on solids? Elijah is just doing BLS cos I'm too lazy to do the whole mushed up veg I used to do for Oskar, so it's easier to just give him what we have. He actually is starting to love it. Doesn't like to be spoonfed at all, but will happily sit there and suck and lick some bread roll, chicken etc. He actually usually just sits with us at dinner time and joins the family with food now, so it's really cool and fun.

Hey Cass! Great to be back!
    I know what you mean about sleeping 6 hours, before I had Ollie I had no idea how much I would appreciate a 6 hour sleep. We've had two nights in a row now where I've only had to wake up for a feed once (around 3.30am) and then back to sleep until 8am. The last few weeks has been 12, 3, 6, then up at 8, so this is heaven!

Ollie's hair is always sticking up, I love it too. I'd love to see pictures of Elijah, are you on facebook? People are always trying to flatten his hair down, he doesn't look right though, I love his mohawk.

We have started solids, still on mushy fruit and vegies at the moment. He's eating really well, doesn't like potato but everything else so far he's loved. Even though he was pulling hilarious faces and spitting the potato out, he still kept opening his mouth up for more. I'd love to try him on more finger foods, he loves to feed himself but I'm not really sure what to give him. I just bought one of those mesh bag thingies, he's been eating grapes and melon in that. Frozen grapes were really helpful to sooth his gums while his teeth were coming through.

That's so great that Elijah sit's with you for dinner time, how cute!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast