Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #11

Bel- I never thought about the fact that you have Janae aswell! it would be alot harder than just me putting charlie to bed.

Age Gap - How do you ladies with older kids aswell find the age gap - was it the right age gap for you?

Theresa - I got the cutest mental picture when i read about G following after Emma!

abs Guest

yeah Jac, burning an absolute beauty (for want of a better word)

About 15 year ago I was living near the base of the blue mountains (Penrith) when there was a huge fire up there. We could see the smoke out the kitchen window heading towards the coast - the people in the area below the smoke line had soot/ashes etc all over the property. We were a few kms south of the smoke line

This one is certainly getting to the firies... everything they've tried has failed in trying to contain it - well according to what is being said on the news

I live 3/4's the way towards the coast from the mountains - another scorcher for here today - already well above 30, and heading towards just below 40

Good to hear your dog is back

I agree on it being funny with G following Em, Theresa Good luck with trying again with the food regime in a while...

Ooops better go, someone is awake. Jen had to go help do some interviews (be there at 7.30am :eek, so I am looking after his royal highness. He was grumbling in the lounge much earlier, so we sat in the rocking chair on the front porch for a while where he fell asleep in my arms. He was soooo cute. So it's change of nappy and bottle time !

Back later on (oh and soo much for him not turning on his mobile anymore... he just turned it on a few seconds ago)
    Last edited by abs; November 22nd, 2006 at 08:19 AM.

Hello,

just jumped on my friends pc. having fun away, staying in Redcliffe but last 2 nights stayed in Caloundra with my friend catching up.
    Tonight catching up with an old school friend and tomorrow meeting up with Amanda & the boys from June buddies and Amy & Declan... looking forward to it!
    hope all are well, i get home Friday arvo. ive just breezed over the posts trying to catch up somewhat. Thankd for the happy 7months for Nixon, he is coping really well considering he has been on 2 flights in 4 days and slept in a different place for 3-4 nights consecutive.hope everyone is well

Well omg I am sooo sore I don't know if I told you but I stopped bb feeding Declan about a week and 1/2 ago and my bb's are sooo sore (never happened whilst I was feeding not even in the begining) anyway I have about 4 lumps in my bb's 1 in the lhs and 3 in the rhs and one of the ones in the rhs is HUGE if Declan or Jono accidentaly touch them (as DH knows they are out of bounds) I get a shooting pain, any suggestions of what I should do it is getting to the point Im considering going to the Dr but I don't really want to go for them just to tell me its normal blah blah blah

Declan had a reprieve from his grumps for 2 days but they have returned today grr omg I need some sleep!!! Declan went to bed at 8:15 last night as usual woke at 11:30 - 1:30 5:30 and then wouldn't go back to sleep GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR I am so tired I haven't had a semi decent nights sleep in 7 1/2 mths please it must be about time!!!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

becky,

if you stopped BFing cold turkey, you might have mastitis. Please go see your Dr if it's painful. Better safe than sorry! Have you been trying to express the excess milk out?

Go to the Dr Becky, I ended up in Hospital for 4 days with Mastitis (lumps) and it was agony. It's best to get it sorted ASAP

abs Guest

Bec, is that mastitis ?? Jac said she had it (I think). Sounds awful :eek: Don't remember Jen getting anything like that (edit: Sushee and Susan posted whilst I was writing this)

I think most of us are hanging out for a decent nights sleep. I think Sushee said once they become teenagers

oh yeah forgot to mention earlier. When I was sitting out the front with Jordy earlier, he was chewing on my finger, as he does. My finger went across the front of his lower gum, ie the middle, and woah, there's a very sharp bit there. That lower left front tooth must be about to come out and play any day now Must be why he woke at about 10pm last night and just bawled for a while. Jen couldn't get him to settle properly - he'd fall asleep on her shoulder after a while but would wake again when she was putting him back in the cot

Daddy to the rescue, picked him up, stood beside his cot for a while, rocking side to side... let him fall asleep, head on my shoulder, waited another couple of minutes and it was lights out properly. I tell ya, I love being a dad

Hi Sooz - haven't seen you about much... hows Perth going ??

Bec- I got 3 bouts of mastitis, was soo painful. go and see the doctor and get some antibiotics for it.

oooooh abs - teeth are coming!!!!

Hi everyone

Bec...hope you feel better soon,and that if it is mastitis it isn't too bad. I hear you on the sleep,only way I am getting any atm is by co sleeping, but it means DP sleeps in the other room. Hopefully soon hey!

Jacci... Great to hear you found your dog, naughty girl though. Tell Gav to be careful fighting the fire.

Theresa... Hope the next attempt at food for Em goes better,but at least she is doing well otherwise. How cute with G.

Nickers.. Good to hear your having fun... hope Nixon isn't too out of whack when you get home.

Susan... Hows things? Haven't seen you for a while.

Has anyone heard of a thing called a Safe T Sleep? Its meant to stop them from moving in the cot and therefore sleep better. Am thinking of getting one for Abbey as she wakes herself up crawling.

Not much news here. I have managed to get Abbey to sleep some of her day sleeps in her cot, but she doesn't sleep for too long. HAd swimming again today and she is liking it more. Also found out that she can float by herself lol.

My dishwasher is broken too So I have a full load to do by hand and could so not be bothered. But I should

abs Guest

Yikes AManda on the dishwasher... we had a fairly decent leak under the sink here... tried tracing the leak for ages and ages. Eventually disconnected the dishwasher and it stopped. Finally tried a new hot water hose - problem solved, phew

Not heard of the safe t sleep either... whats it supposed to do ??

Hmm, once again we miss parents group coz just as we remember its time to go, its time to put his highness down for his sleep

Hey everyone - I havent been posting much - but still been lurking!

Perth's going well, I start at a job tomorrow - just two days a week at a friends Mechanic Workshop in the office. They are really happy to work around days that I can and cannot work so it should be good fun.

Amber's going great guns. She's 8.8kg and 70cm and is totally due for a hair cut but I cant bring myself to do it or take her somewhere, she throws her head around too much!

Anyway, hope everyone else is going really well in the lead up to Chrissy! I promise I'll post more!! ha ha

Luv me

abs Guest

Good to hear Sooz, thats great news

Jac, apparently it is hotter than hell up in the mountains and things are getting worse !! The temp in the city has just come down from 40degrees in the last half hour or so (to 37), so who knows how much hotter it is furher inland

Abs... Its a strip of material that goes around the mattress, and a wrap part that goes around the baby and they stick together. If you google it you will see. And as for the dishwasher it still runs but no hot water gettign through..hopefully easy to fix or else hopefully its really really broken and we will get a new one hehe (we are in a rental)

Susan... wow on Amber needing a haircut, she should just share it around lol, there are quite a few baldies in here still. Congrats on the job.

Well dishes are done, i hate washing up.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hmm, I may have to look into the Safe T Wrap too. C is another who wakes himself by commando crawling up the bed (even in a sleeping bag) and bumping his head on the top. I also make sure I put him as low as possible to start, but by 1am, he's headbutting the top and then waking himself to a point where he can't self settle. Grrr

Oh and an update from my MCHN's visit on Monday, C is 71cm and 8kgs. He only gained 200g in 3 weeks but considering he didn't eat solids for a week when he was sick, I'm surprised he didn't lose weight. But now his apetite is back with a vengeance (knock on wood) and he's going through 3 X 3 heaped tablespoons' worth everyday. I have just moved him onto lumpier food too, and he seems to enjoy that much more. Yay! No more sieving!

Amanda - I bought one of those Safe Sleepers for Charlie and forgot to use it and now it is way to small for him. It is a 00 - would it be any use to you coz i could post it to you.

Abs - bloody hell it must be hot up there! - i still haven't heard from gav and he left this mornig at 6.30. It is really blewing a gale here! - when he rang this morning he said it was crowning ( which means going across the tree tops) and there is no way of stopping that.

AManda - I actually just google what you were talking about and i got my thing out to and mine is a safeSleeper - not a safetsleeper - Mine looks like a sleeping bag - grow bag thing but you nearly do the same thing - you thread it thru a piece of material that goes around the cot then you verlcro around the belly

Thanks Jacci... That sounds good. Let me know how much you would like for it. Abbey is still in 00 so should fit her. Hope you hear from Gav soon

Sushee... That sounds like what abbey does. I'm hoping if I can stop that she will sleep better. Great stats for Charlie, esp. as he was sick.

My SIL's partner just got diagnosed with leukemia :eek: We still don't know any details but it was such a shock.

And the dishwasher worked today...weird but hopefully it stays that way

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast