Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #11

Amanda - email me your address and i'll send it off tomorrow for you - I don't want any money for it. Charlie is not using it so you might aswell get some use out of it my email is [email protected]

abs Guest

morning all - things are a little sad around our place this morning - Jordy is going for a few hours at the Day Care place, a "test stay" or something they call it. Jen earlier pretended she couldn't find her car keys !

oh abs - tell Jen i feel for her! - I have never had to leave charlie in Child Care - YET! - but just seperating him and me when he goes to mum's is bad enough!

Well i finally heard form gavin when he walked in the door at midnight! - i gave him a mouth full! - I know its not hisfault but he must surely realise that i sit home and worry when he has been gone for 17hours fighting a huge firethat is still out of control and hear nothing from him

abs Guest

hmm, maybe he doesn't wanna go either. Put him down for a nap just after 9am, and the little bugger is still asleep !!

Glad he got home safe and sound though Jac. I'm sure he's not the only one coping a mouth full from worried wives etc... maybe the command centre needs a list of numbers they call every say 6 hours just to let you know your husbands are all okay !

Last Saturday we were out shopping and picked up this really nice stroller thing seeing Jordy is basically sitting up these days, but also reclines back nicely if he wants a nap etc. Was $100 from Toys R Us.

When we were putting it together (well when I was putting it together), we noticed the back of the seat seemed much smaller than his pram. His head was basically at the top when sitting up... its a good 3 to 4 inches shorter than the pram. Seeing it's rated to bubs/toddlers up to 20kgs it doesn't really allow any room for him to get taller

Tis a real pity as it has a great big storage area underneath and a drink/phone tray between the handles etc. I'm off to return it at lunchtime today (and to do some Jordy xmas shopping seeing Jen won't be there with me)

Edit: He's just woken up so Jen is changing his nappy and will possibly be going out the door shortly

Good Luck Abs !!!!! Hope Jordy goes ok at Daycare.
    I said that to gavin to that the fire station should ring if he was going to be past the scheduled 12 hours

abs Guest

well first report in a little while ago... Jen asked about monitors in the sleeping room, as the carers would be out playing with the awake children

"oh yes we do have them, though the batteries are flat at the moment - we'll be getting new ones next week" - this is standard AAA batteries "and we check on em every 15 minutes or so"

Hmmm, more than long enough for any bub to roll over and suffocate, so they aren't off to a good start at the moment

Abs - I must be a bad mum - hehe - my moniter has never even been turned on and i go outside and work in the garden all the time while charlie is asleep.
    Try not to stress about it too much

Hey all.... I haven't been able to get into a DR grrr 2 week waiting list I will have to ring around a few more it is starting to get worse both bbs have lumps quite big now!
    I didn't stop cold turkey though I started by introducing 1 bottle just before bed did that for about a month then I added a mid day bottle for about a week then I went to 1 bb feed during the day and bb's all night for about a week and then just night for a few days and then I stopped as I seemed to have no milk but now Im full of lumps and my rhs bb leaks I haven't tried expressing I thought that would encourage more milk!

Theresa Declan got grummpy about 3 or 4 days after he went on full formula but as above he had been having formula for awhile now!

Ouch bec... you poor chicky... have you tried massaging the lumps out in a warm/hot shower... aparently that helped my friend who got mastitis?????

My friend rung me today to say we are in trouble.... Alexa has figured out how to roll around the floor & not just from front to back anymore.... OMG...... I am gonna have to baby proof the house when i get home... Arghhhh

As for SDS he has gone into a Child youth services family home for a month... i got to the final straw yesterday, when the high school rang to say he had gotten into a fight & lef tschool... to cut a long story short I had the police looking for him & everything & I cant handle it anymore... so we will wait & see what happens... but in all honesty i dont know I I could handle having him back & all the stress back again... I feel awful about it but that is how I honestly feel... I love him, but I just cant live with him & his behaviour..... Does that make me sound awful.....

be back later tonight after I alexa proof the house & get her settled.....

hugz
    Mitch

Beccy - Have you told the doctor that you think you have mastitis? I'd go down the hospital if you can't get in - atleast some one can look at you. I got told to express - but then again i wasn't stopping BF you are. I hope it feels better soon.

Mitch - god you poor thing - i can only imagine the stress you must be under with your Stepson - can he go back to his mum's at all?

abs Guest

Bac, I agree with Jac - either go to the hospital or if you haven't already done so, tell the dr's receptionist you have mastitis and need help... surely someone can fit you in

A 2wk wait to see a dr is ridiculous - in many cases that would either be life threatening or problem resolved

Mitch, best wishes for getting a resolution re stepson, and good luck with alexa proofing the house. Jordy still only rolls from back to front and gets stuck

WIll let you know about Jen's day later when I have more time

Hi Guys

Thanks so much Jacci.. That is so generous. I have emailed you. Great that Gav got back safe and sound too.

Abs.. Hope the trial at the daycare went well. its a bit dodgy that they haven't replaced the batteries. Maybe take some in for them lol. We got Abbey a stroller that lays back too, because the pram we had was too big for the car. It is so much easier. We only spent about $100 too, so hopefully you can find another one.

Mitch.. Hope you can work things out with your SS. It must be hard. And good luck baby proofing, its harder then it seems and you keep finding new things to do

Becky.. A 2 week wait is ridiculous. Have you got a medical centre near you, normally you can get in those quicker. Or I agree about going to the hospital, you don't want it to progress too far.

It is so hot here today, Abbey got a bit of a heat rash while we were out. We also got her a little piano to play with cause she loves hitting things atm, I can hear her bashing it now lol

Oh bet she loves them Bel, how cute, first pets.

Jacci, good news about ur dog. Yikes might want to get her rego'd/microchipped so easier to track down next time she decides to be a lil escape artist. Cheaper for lifetime rego of a desexed dog in NSW. Wholly cow on the fires, yeah we had 3 local lightning strike fires but think they were only small. Gees, this was the 3rd day they've said 37degrees, can't imagine what its gonna be like in summer, yikes. Maybe if u rang em Jacci & told them how u feel & got the other wives to, they might, who knows, but yes they should at least ring u if hubby's are too busy fighting the fires.

Theresa sounds like 2 steps forward 1 step back, but eventually Em will have to win the race, lets hope so.

Glad ur havin fun & Nixon is too Nickers. Enjoy.

Hope Jordy doesn't have too much trouble with his new tooth Abs, but yay on the milestone. Our childcare don't have monitors but they have a separate cot room, with huge windows all the way along & check for signs of breathing/mvmnt every 5mins instead of the recommended 15mins & sign a book to confirm it was done. Hope the day went well.

Bec, the midwife at our private hospital said if u have mastitis (hard sore red lumps) get to the Dr immediately & make sure u tell them it's suspected mastitis as they'll squeeze u in, do not wait until Mon if it's a wkend as can end up in hosp, as Jacci knows. When I weaned Holly, I did it over 2-3wks stopping 1 feed/day about every 4 days so did it slowly. The only time they became sore hard & lumpy was when I cut out 2 feeds in 1 day once. I just stood under the warm shower & massaged the lumps until they dissolved, like instructed by the same midwife, to prevent mastitis. I made sure I didn't drop 2 in 1 day again. But when I dropped the last feed, I fed every 2nd day just for a lil bit & it dried up with no probs.

Wow Amanda, float by herself, awesome. Just a tip, if dishwasher is included in the rental (wasnt explicitly excluded), then they HAVE to fix or replace it, so at least that's good news.
    Yeah I've heard of it, but Holly's been getting around in her cot for quite a while now, just ends up sleeping in strange posi's but still sleeps through. The majority of the time she rolls to her belly & sleeps.
    Sorry to hear bout ur SIL's partner, that would be a shock.

Sooz, hope the job goes well. I can't wait for Holly's hair to grow, how cute.

WTG Charlie on not loosing weight while sick.

Mitch, hehe, u sure will, yay Alexa. No u have to do what u feel's right & sounds like u did a good thing, hopefully it might settle him down.

Well looks like Holly's learning to crawl, she's so darn close, it's a bit of a mixture of crawling, commando crawling & shuffling along. Childcare said she is just like a lil gymnast, hehe. Oh & she also started saying dada repeatedly shortly after she learnt bubba, but sometimes its dadada & sometimes bababab, hehe.

YEAH !!!! Charlie can say Mummummum. It is so cute!! - I was playing basketball last night and gav and charlie came to watch me ( they only come when its finals) and i was running down the court all i could hear was mumumumumumum.

Becky - hace you had the fever yet - with every bout of mastitis i got a fever i would be shaking like i was cold but in the same time i was roasting and i was sooo tired. The doctor said mothers sometimes mistaken there symptons as having the flu.

Shell - that is the cutest photo of Holly. yeah on the nearly rolling - charlie is up and rocking on all fours but i think he'll still be a month away from crawling. We have the dog booked into to get desexed on monday now - and then we will register her. we have had her for 4 years - and we just keep forgetting about the registering thing!

Abs - how did jordy go at daycare -actually more to the point how did Jen go? I like the idea of what Shell's dayycare has for checking the babies and signing a book - maybe you could mention it in passing to the childcare centre you go to - or maybe they have a suggestion box that you can write it in.

Sush - that is great that charlie didn't loose anyweight. He is getting so long and so cute!

Bel - that is a cool first pet idea.! what is janae getting for christmas?

Theresa- I read your pro's and cons on having another child with the age gap and it has really made me think.

Thanks, although I think it looks cuter in full size (like in www). Oh that's adorable Jacci. Still waiting for Holly to say mumumum. Yeah we did the same Jac, we had our female dog desexed at around 4 & then rego'd her for life.

She just crawled 'properly' but slowly to our phone point & grabbed it, yikes, I really better start babyproofing. Hmm what am I gonna do bout phonepoint though? Tis an old style point with a double adapter for phone & portable phone so 2 cables of it? Well it's our mum's group xmas night out tonight, should be lots of fun, the dads are lookin after bubs.

Alexa is still to say something recognisable!!!!! but she has growling down pat LOL... she growls & attacks her toys, she gums them... it is soooo funny...

Stress level is droping here now & Alexa is a bit more settled too.... Its is scary seeing how much the atmosphere at home has affected her....

be bach later tonight for personals....

Also.... whos SS pressies have arrived so far???

Mitch- i'll let you know tonight if my ss has arrived as i havent been home for a week (but friend been staying at ours so should have grabbed it if it did arrive)

no words here yet either, but everytime i say mumumum mummy im your mummy, then daddaddad daddy wheres your daddy i get the biggest smiles..... Jacci how cute to hear Charlie while you were playing!

well i rekon Nixon will be ATLEAST 2months off crawling as he cannot sit yet and still hardly even rolls or likes being on his tummy. he has started rolling onto his side to sleep though, must find it more comfy, i know i do!

dh worked from 8am yesterday to 5am thismorning poor thing... we have to go to the airport in about an hr so im letting him sleep as long as possible cause then he has to fly to perth and work all night again.

Nixon has started couging & i dunno if he is doing it cause he likes the sound or if he has a cough?? cause i noticed yesterday he occasionally did it in his sleep aswell... he doesnt seem sick in any other way so not sure.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast