Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #11

Thresa - PMSL at the fact you told us that before you wrote!! that is so something i would do. Glad you had a great night. We drove around yesterday handing out some left over invites to the christening and i had the job of driving - gav got to sit in the passanger seat and drink beer

Amanda - I am also crap at bowling. I forgot to mention that we have family up in Wodonga.

Nicers - how is nixon this morning - we have a vapouriser for charlie - it is great i can notice the difference in his chest within a night of having it on in his room.

FEeding - Charlie has the habbit of when ever he is eating his bottle he puts his hand up so that i can pretend to bite it - the only problem is now if i don't do it now he just stops eating.

Standing up in Cot - Charlie has just realised that he can pull himself up on his cot and standingthere screaming mumumumumum - is anyoneslse baby doing this - I have locked the side of the cot in but when he stands up the top of it only come to a bit above his belly button - so do i just put his cot mattress down to the next level?

well its 9am and Nixon is still asleep. Cause he is not well im not going to wake him up.
    I did hear him about 7.30am he coughed & sounded the same but i'll just wait and see how he is when he gets up and see of my doc is in today.

Getting some concreting done today so dogs have to be in the garage, the husky already escaped on me when i opened the door luckily she didnt get to far and come back (She never comes back!!) & i forgot to shut the door when i ran off after her, when i came back theirs my cute Boxer sitting on the driveway waiting for us!!
    but then when it came time to put them in the garage do u think we could catch her..... took 2 of us chasing her around the back yard (big back yard too)moving her into a position she couldnt back out of LOL!!

yikes Jacci on Charlie pulling himself up in the cot! i would probably be putting the matress down just to be on the safe side.

glad u had fun bowling Amanada, thats what makes it more fun when your not so good at it!
    Therese hope you had a good nights sleep & didnt wake with a head ache.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Jacci,

yes I'd defiintely drop his cot mattress down! C's is on the lower level just coz DH assembled it like that and then couldn't be bothered to change it! He's no where near standing though!

Actually he's only just started getting on hands and knees and rocking. Not always, coz his balance really needs work, but definitely trying, and getting so frustrated when he tips over!

Oh, and his 2nd tooth in 7 days has cut. Lower left one this time. I expect a few more the in the next couple fo weeks. Gee, he has no teeth for ages, and now it's all happening all at once!

abs Guest

oops - me been away for a few days...

Hi Ladies, Jen made me turn the computer off all weekend Had couple of hundred emails to sort through, mostly spam

I watched Cars on Saturday night, seemed to have been a movie for a few of us

Defioitely lower the cot Jac... a friend of Jen's had their bub topple over the side of the cot and onto a wooden floor - this was a number of years ago and it didn't cause any longterm probs... Just a big bump of the head

Nickers, I wasn't hinting anything, looks like there's a few of us who are a bit slack on the posting. Good to hear you are home safe and sound

PMSL Theresa, hope you had a good time. I remember about 5 years ago being off my nut after a huge dinner party here. *****faced is more like it. Had the computer next to my bed back then (and single)... Wrote a looooong email to a friend in Perth. Can't believe all the typo's etc when I read it back to myself the next day... at times I remember barely being able to contain the laughter whilst typing it

Nothing really new here, Jordy has a 2nd tooth coming, so that'll be the front lower 2 - still waiting on the first to come through as well. And he's scoffing his fruit & yoghurt, but still a bit suss on the vegies (I was much the same apparently, took me YEARS before I would eat vegies - ie after I moved out of home)

Abs- Charlie is pretty fussy on the vegies - And gav was the same as you didn't eat tehm till he moved out of home! Yeah on another tooth - charlie is still a gummy bear!!!!
    I have cars - charlie loves it he just watches it must be all the noise.

Sush - he will get up and go soon - you probably don't want him moving yet. It is amazing how fast charlie has gone from just rolling to up and moving on all fours. he can hook around on the floor boards.

Nicers - bloody dogs!!! they just cause us so much trouble and so much love!

Hope every one is going great. My little man slept good last night ( touch wood) he slept till about 6am then put him in bed with us till 8 it was great!!!

Evening everyone

Welcome back Abs... i bet you were going through withdrawals over the weekend.. But I bet you had some nice family time.

Jacci.. yay on charlie sleeping good. Hope he does again tonight. I got you parcel today, thankyou, but I think a piece is missing. I think it should have a bit that actually goes around the mattress? If you don't have it thats ok, I should be able to work something out. I can't wait to try it. How cute charlie standing in the cot and calling out to you... sounds like you will have to lower the mattress. oh and if you ever visit your family here let me know and we can catch up.

Sushee.. yay on charlies tooth. It feels like abbey is about to get heaps more soon, they are all so close. It won't take long and you will be chasiong charlie all over the house so enjoy it while you can lol

Going to the CHN on thursday to check on abbeys weight. Hopefully she has gained a bit more this month. Well little miss is getting tired so i am going to put her to bed.

Night all

Amanda - how cute is Abbey - she's gorgeous!

Jacci - I'd definately be lowering the mattress, you don't want to be paranoid that he's going to topple over.

Sush - Yay on Charlie getting another tooth. Josiah just had tooth #4 come through, top right this time, so he has a nice crooked smile, but very cute.

abs - hope you had a lovely computer free weekend.

Theresa - sounds like you had a nice night - hope the girls weren't too much trouble for you the next day.

K, off to eat my dinner. See you all tomorrow

Bel

Amanda - I never got that extra bit when my friend gave it to me - i asked her and she said she used something but i forget what it was. i never actually used it.

Bel - hope you had a nice tea!

abs Guest

morning all...

Jac, we sit outside either on the balcony upstairs outside our bedroom, or beside the front door on a rocking chair with Jordy (only room for one in the chair, but an old couch upstairs). Jordy LOVES watching cars drive past. He follows them with his head... tis sooo cute. Sometimes if he didn't hear one coming and he then sees it, he "jumps" a little

Good for C to be sleeping better, how'd he go last night ?

What was for dinner Bel ? We had burrito's & salad = yumm

Gonna be another scorcher here in Sydney today - 35 on the coast, 40 at the base of the Blue Mountains... and windy, and that fire in the mountains is still burning !

Jen & Jordy are just getting ready to go off to the day care place again shortly, and I have a dumb phone meeting for an hour at 10 - better plug my phone in ready for the call

Check back later

AAAHHHH!!!! This boy is doing my head in! He's been up since just before 5am, is SOO grumpy, but will not go to sleep! I want to just put him in his bed and let him cry it out, but of course, I have a house full of sleeping people, so I have to try and keep him quiet instead.

I'm so sick of being the one to get up at 5am every morning, everybody else sleeping & getting grumpy if they're woken up because they stayed up until God knows what time, and then me having to stay up until 10-11pm to spend time with Mark because otherwise we'd get no time together.

Sorry, I guess I shouldn't complain, Josiah does sleep all night - just gets up so damn early....thanks for letting me vent

Bel

Bel, i feel for you, I was up from about 3-5am thismorning Nixon was just wide awake, did a big poo and didnt want to get back to sleep, eventually got him to but when he woke at 6am i was too tired to try settling him and brought him in with us!

he is still pretty weezy and coughy but not any worse so thats a good thing.
    Abbey is soooo cute in that ticker Amanda!!

Bel & Nicers - i realy feel for you having early risers! Charlie is about 6am everymorning but we have a rule in our house that anything inbetween 6am and 7.30am gav has to do it. He goes to work at 7.30 so it give me a bit of a sleep in. also nicers - like you i just give in sometines at 5am and take him into bed with me!
    Oh and Bel - vent all you want!!! there are times when we all need to do it! atleast you know we'll listen!

Abs - charlie had an awesome sleep last night! - he went to bed at 8pm and i had to get gav to go and check him this morning coz i hadn't heard boo out of him all night and it was 7am - he was happily lying in his cot talking to all the toys! How is jordy sleeping? Good luck with round 2 of daycare!!!!

abs Guest

Vent away Bel, we all know where you are coming from, and most of us have let off a little steam too

Here Jen usually does the 3 or 4am nappy/feed/back to bed, then I get up at when he wakes next (anywhere from 5.30onwards). But sometimes I do the early one and hence get a bit of a sleep in. Once he is up properly, ie the 5.30 onwards, we know, 2hrs later he'll be back in bed

And yeah, as with C, he'll wake, play with whatever is in his cot, chatting away etc. Tis sooo funny listening through the monitor... we still have that going. Am sure we'd probably get more sleep if that wasn't on. But regardless of how angry/p!ssed off etc we might be at having to get up, once w go into his room, he smiles and gets soo excited at seeing either of us, that you can't help but be happy and wanna pick him up and give him a big cuddle

Is anyone else picking bubs up and then holding them just under either arm (more probably your hubbies doing this) and flying them around the room. Jordy normally is facing away from me, ie towards Jen, when I do it with him - she says he always has a smile on his face when I do it. Last night I had him facing me... talking about having a ball of fun. He was grinning from ear to ear

Not heard from Jen yet, so I can only assume she is doing okay

I'm back, feeling a bit better after a little nap. Had a go at Mark when he finally got up this morning OOPS! Felt like an ogre after that, but he was very understanding that I was just tired - not that he offered to get up earlier, he said to just turn the monitor off & let him cry instead....anyway, an issue for another day I think. Josiah ended up finally going to sleep at 8.15 & only just got up, so we got a bit longer than the usual 1/2 hour sleep, which was good. And Mark has taken Janae to work with him today, so I can have a bit of a break.

Enough of me...abs, Josiah loves it when he flys around the room, even just lifting him over your head makes him laugh, no matter how grumpy he his. Hope Jen copes ok with Jordy in daycare.

Jacci - glad Charlie is sleeping well for you. I must admit, I am SO glad Josiah sleeps through, Janae didn't until she was 3, and I've definately noticed the difference in that respect.

Nickers, hope Nixon gets better really quickly, it's so sad when they're not well

Topic of the day - what do you do when bubs wakes up first thing in the morning? Do you go into them straight away, or do you leave them until a certain time? I know my sister will go in and give her son a bottle, but then doesn't get him out of bed until 7am.

Hope everyone's having a good day

Bel

abs Guest

Hmm, its a very big mixed bag of emotions coming through the phone and SMS from Jen... but onto the topic of the day... what a cool idea

Since Jordy has a nappy change and a bottle somewhere around the 3-4am mark, when we wakes the next time, one of us is up "reasonably" soon. This is typically the poo time we've found. And he also rolls onto his tummy and then gets upset, so doesn't pay to leave him too long. This is anywhere between 5.30 and 7am, but usually around 6-6.30 mark

If it's my turn, I get him up, change his nappy again and go into Jen's office - third bedroom, with his between that and our one. Switch on the TV, give him some toys to play with and I check my email etc, plus play with him. Usually around 7 or 7.30 Jen calls out "where's my boy?" so we go back to our room and we spend some time on the bed.

After a little while with maybe 20mins left for the 2hrs since he got up, we'll give him a bottle, burp, maybe another nappy change and he goes back to bed at the 2hr mark. We then usually shower and make a start to the day then (so around 8-8.30 is the more common times)

Bel - Charlie will wake up and talk to himself for a while - gav and i normally just lie there listening to him then we will ge thim up at about 6.30 -7 gav will play with him for a while then i get up at 7.30 and play with him. He doesn't take his first bottle till about 9am - he will flat out refuse it if i give it earlier - then after the 9am bottle we go for our walk normally about 1 hour and he'll sleep for abut half of it.

Charlie is sitting on the matt eating a piece of watermelon staring at Bing and Bong (a cartoon) on the tv - he looks soo cute!!!

C comes in to co-sleep with us when he wakes up, usually at 4am. He'll nap until about 5.30-6am, then he lies between the two of us talking to himself, rolling around, playing with my hair or whatever takes his fancy until about 6.30am. At that time, he starts getting restless, so I wake up, BF him, let him commando crawl around the floor, wait until he's pooed (if he's going to, it'll be first thing in the morning) and then at 7pm, I take DH to work.

We get home at 8am, and then it's brekkie time!

BTW can someone tell me if I'm a complete raving lunatic?

I have this game I play with C where I say 'Mummy' and he laughs and babbles. A few days ago, I'd say 'mummy' and he'd say 'daddy' clear as day. I laughed and he laughed. Now everytime I say 'mummy' he says 'daddy'

I thought it was coincidence until my mum came over today and I was telling her about it. She tried and he obliged! Said 'daddy' then cacked himself!

I don't think he knows what it means, and it's probably all a game to him, but OMG! :eek: I'm completely shocked that he's communicating with me with words!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast