Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #15

Default Babies Born April 2006 #15

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in April 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread HERE.

Lisa- best time to DTD is when cm goes like egg white looking after being a bit watery.
    I figured i would start temping again as to me it seems pretty simple! i suppose cause ive read all about it, it doesnt seem like a hard thing to do. Good idea mitch about keeping it, i had done a chart the month Nixon was conceived so i should print it out also.

we've had a big day here, started back at our premmie program play group, then went from there to a BB Junie meet up at one of the girls house. It was fun, we got some shots off all babies (6 of them) sitting on the lounge together!! i will download and update on my website shortly.
    Nixon had been carrying on at bed time a little bit but last night went down easily and put him self to sleep within 10min, fingers crossed he is as good tonight as dh is away so its all up to me!

OMG it's getting hard to keep up in here again it's powering along...

Thats fantastic Amanda, how exciting.

Wow on that sleep Lisa. Lately Holly usually has some dribble hanging off her chin, think maybe coz she's teethin again.
    My dress was ivory satin & it wasn't hot luckily, got cold actually. How cute Lisa, he is a poser huh, I think Holly is too, hehe.

Oh poor Alexa on the teething. Awesome on the crawling. Errr, oh well, bit of protein, hehe. PMSL Mitch on the midnight drives.

TTC & charting: there's heaps of info on BB & FF (FertilityFriend) & u can have an FF ticker &/or website (with 2charts) in ur BB siggie like Nickers.
    Mine was: http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/90983.
    I did a 'print screen' of all my charts & saved them as jpg's.

Nickers, sometimes bit nauseous, but otherwise fine, just get tired. First obgyn aptmt & scan is Fri 19Jan.

Bel, thats great that u lov ur new job.
    Dont envy those of u back f/t now, i'm doin 3days/wk & back f/t in apr, but using LSL & AL to keep it at 3days/wk until #2 mat leave.

Teeth: Holly has 6 now, not sure if more comin, she doesn't like me looking/feeling. Her 2 bottom teeth came through 1wk apart, 2 top teeth about same, & 2 other top teeth must have too as just saw them when they were already 1/3 through. My goodness she's been good with her teeth though, she slept 12hrs 2 nights this wk, usually only 10hrs.

Sooz, that sounds lovely & how exciting tryin on dresses. Reminds me, I should start advertising my dress for sale again, hehe.

WTG again on the weight loss all.

Abs, I must have missed ur post something about an advert?

abs Guest

Nickers,
    we have PG tomorrow at a local park, the others haven't seen him for over 2months now !! (Melbourne Cup Day) - always something happening. This time its close enough to walk... His seat is in Jens car, and I dont like driving it, so dont normally go if Jen doesn't want to/cant go

Shell, Kelly (site owner) popped in about half way through the last thread saying she'd been contacted by an advertising agency looking for a bub around the age of all of ours, but from Sydney - looking to do some extended advertising etc... Jen doesnt want to do that sort of thing so we didnt do anything about it

Nothing really new happening here. Jordy is doing more and more walking, being a bit fussy with his food - thinking more teeth coming through... i've got a heap of work to do and possibly not enough time to do it in - plus someone at work in Canberra pushing the design of something through that really has some faults in it. Coz I am not in the office down there, tis very hard for me to get a grip on what he's doing (he's removing the automation of something that already happens and making it a manual process - not a good idea when you talking about computer code - you need to ensure the same processing occurs on it each and every time)

mum21 Guest

Hi guys.

I didn't miss the start of this thread YAY.

I've been really slack the last little while been a bit hectic.

DH had an interview during the week for the same type of position back up home in Bundy. Would be good if he got it cause it means I'd be with my family and also would be able to work since there is more freedom with Childcare up there.

Had a call from my mum today they put the family dog down last night so its been a bit of a sad day. She was 15years old. We knew it was coming but still sad to see her go since I grew up with her. It will be weird to go to mum and dad's and not have her there.

Anyways enough of the me post. I'll BB tomorrow to do personals.

oh Amy sorry to hear you dog has passed on... Even though she wasold they are part of the family esp for so long. Hope your feeling better soon.
    would be great of you moved back up near your family, we are moving back to Sydney soon so will be back with all our family & friends to its going to make such a difference. I want nixon to know his nans & pop and cousins etc

well AF is due Monday i think, but still hard to know as my cycles are still getting bak to norm but i'd prefer to hang out till after then then test and get a BFN... but having said that i might not last that long! My tem[s have continued to rise which is a good sign but other then cramping i dont really feel any other signs so don't think it will be a goer but the suspension is still a killer.

off to scrapbooking today, but Nixon has to come with me for the day, dh was going to have him but now in Syd so i wont get half as much done as i wanted to but anyway, c this is the type of day it would eb great to have some family around!!

Morning All

Well - Charlie has been up since 6am - its killing me! gav nearly looks after him at that time of the morning - but he has gone for a course familirisation day at lorne for his mountain bike race soon

Nicers - have fun at the scrapbooking - lucky Nixon isn't crawling round yet or you'd get less work done! Let us know if you give into temptation and do a test - good luck with it!

Amy - Sorry to hear about your family dog - do you think your family would get another puppy one day?

Abs - Charlie has gone of his food too - seeing his front tetth are pushing thru - there actually thru now but he doesn't like to bite them together with his bottom teeth.

Shell - I was thinking about selling my dress - but i just don't know if i could actually do it! were are you advertising yours?

a whole day without an posts!!! I thought my email was broken and just wasn't giving me notification.

Good luck Nickers, how exciting, hope that BD wasn't a tad too early.

Jacci, I previously advertised in AdMag (free private advertising, just costs to buy the newspaper), it's changed it's name now, Local Trader I think.

Oh I c Abs, taa.

Hope DH gets the job Amy. Oh no, sorry to hear bout ur family pet, they do become part of the family.

Um Theresa, Holly's routine kinda goes like this:
    6-7am up about 30mins, bottle, play with us in bed, bed
    9am up about 2-3hrs, solids, play, bottle, play, sleep for 1-2hrs
    repeats til bedtime anywhere between 6-9pm.
    She generally has 4 x 200ml bottles doesn't always finish them, & 3-4 solids feeds.

Theresa - Charlie's routine
    6am bottle - Up and play
    7.30am - half our sleep with mummy
    8am - play
    8.30 - solid breakfast
    9-11 - walk in pram ( so sleeps for about 1/2 of it)
    12.30 - solid lunch
    play till about 3pm
    Bottle - sleeps till about 5pm
    then has tea at about 6.30 - 7pm
    Bath, play, bottle then bed by atleast 9pm

hi all

just thought i would pop in and say hi and update Ryans stats

8.9kg 71cm in length HC 46 cm
    hope every one is doing well

Hey Shazz,
    Ryans Ticker pic is so cute hehe

Nixon's routine goes something like
    8-9am wake up, has bottle in our bed
    Then breaky, play time.
    12.00Sleep for 30min-1
    1pm lunch, bottle, play
    3pm bed 1-2hrs
    6pm dinner, bath, play bottle
    Bed around 9pm
    doesn't always stick to those times but soemthing like that.

Hi all, glad to see everyone is doing well. Been up since 4am, so I'm knackered & gotta go to work now

Josiah's routine
    6-6.30 wake up & bottle
    play
    7-7.30 breakfast, play
    9-9.30 bottle & bed
    depending on whether we get our 1/2 hour sleep or our 1 & 1/2 hour sleep lunch is about 11.30
    bottle & bed about 1pm (if we're lucky, if he's had a long morning sleep he often doesn't sleep in the arvo - drives me nuts!)
    dinner about 4pm
    bottle & bed 6.30

To be honest, we have a nice little routine in the morning & then it all goes a bit pear shaped after lunch. Something that we're working on tho...

Well, better get ready for work - of course now that I have to be up, the sleep monster has decided to go back to bed! Have a good day everyone

Bel

PS HAPPY 9 MONTHS for the other day Charlie (sorry we missed it!)...oh & Georgie too

oh yeah happy 9months Charlie & Georgie

abs Guest

morning ladies... Jac, I dont get much computer time over the weekend anymore, so thats why I havent posted at all

Routine - think I said it not long ago

We took Jordy for his first ferry ride on Saturday - into Darling Harbour and the Sydney Aquarium. Like his mum, he loves the fishies. Too many people for me, could barely get close to the tanks to see many of what was on display. Fortunately Jen had a 2for1 entry voucher so wasnt overly expensive entry (adult tickets are $27.50). He loved the ferry ride... was a nice day so the doors were open and the air rushing in

Took our own lunch, had it after the aquarium, then a bit of a walk around darling harbour whilst waiting for the next ferry home

Then a bbq at a friends over the road for lunch yesterday

Nickers, we soo understand the family thing and getting help. Even though Jen's is here, they aren't any real help. Her brother who is in the army is actually fairly good with kids and was supposed to be helping out tomorrow. But he is now returning to Perth tomorrow instead of next week.... So many times now Jen has organised for people to help look after Jordy so she can get some work done and they stop with barely any notice at all. All my family is in Melbourne and tis like now Jen half wishes we lived down there

Still 4 weeks or so before he starts day care too - they have an open day tomorrow but the centre itself doesnt officially open now til Feb 5 ? And Jen wants to wait 2 or 3 weeks so the staff are settled in with those who began straight away. One of the other girls from the Parents Group has her son booked into there too (oh and I meant on Wednesday we have the PG outting to a local park... on friday I was thinking it was Tuesday for some reason)

And Happy 9 months for Charlie & Georgie over the weekend too

Morning everyone,

Happy 9 months for Charlie and Georgie over the weekend, I can't believe how big the babies are getting!!

Routine:
    Well Tyron wakes about 7 and I give him a bottle in his room and put him straightr back down, he sleeps to around 9:30
    Breakfast
    Play
    Now it all goes haywire, he might sleep in the morning for a couple of hours or in the afternoon, but he WONT do both!!
    Dinner
    Bath Bed around 7ish!

Bel - how is the new job, where are you working or would you rather not say??

Well better get back to work, have a great day everyone!!!

OMG.. i cant believe some of you get your bubs in bed as early as 7pm!!!!!...

Alexa wakes anywhere from 5.30 - 6.30 am & the earliest I can get her down is 8.30 ..... she has no routine whatsoever.... little monkey is too nosey & wants to know what is going on all the time......

How do you get on with the dreamfeed for those that do.... how awake does bub need to be to drink it!!!!!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast