Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #18

Default Babies Born April 2006 #18

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in April 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Just getting in first.. hopefully get notifications now hehehe

Finally starting to slowly get ontop of Alexas nightime sleep fighting!!!!!

Hope you are all fit & well...

Just a little woohoo from me..

Abbey settled herself to sleep last night for the first time ever at night..She has done it at a couple of day sleeps but never at night. Then she slept a little longer then normal. So hopefully this is the start of better sleeping for her (and me lol). Just hoping that moving doesn't effect it.

Gotta go and pack some more

Hi everyone!

hey all it is so funny watching lil declan walk he is getting further every day now today he tried to chase after DH and fell flat on his face soo funny well for us anyway Declan didn't think so!

Theresa - poor georgie you are have a tuff time with those girls but they look really good cute piccie son your website! How is the home business going!?

Amanda - YAY for Abbey I hope she settles as well at the new place has she got a fav teddy or security blankie might help when it comes to settling in a new room with diferent surrounding and noises!

Way to go ABBEY! lets hope the self settling continues!
    Nixon's getting faster at his version of crawling (commando/catapillar) but still quiet slow, he is starting to follow me around and i feel slack that it takes him som uch time and effort to get where i am by the time he reaches me i am moving on! its so cute the followinf though!

nickers - don't worry about the speed - chjarlie has been crawling for 3 months and still is slow - he's in ni hurry!!!

Abs - hope jordy gets better soon

amanda - sensational news on the self settling - it makes life so much easier - charlie listens to twinkle twinkle litte star to go to sleep.

mitch - good work on the night time sleeping.

Talking - charlie can now say - cat, dog and the OW out of Cow - he chases the cat going catcatcatcat. it is so cute!

jelliebean Guest

Smile

Hi everyone

Just wanted to say a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my lil man!!!!!!

Unfortunatly he is not feeling 100% today. He was really clingy from about 1 pm yesterday. He wouldn't let me put him down, he then got really warm so i gave him some panadol and wiped him down with a wet cloth. After the panadol kicked in he pretty much passed out for a few hours sleep.

Overnight he was crying and very irritable. This morning his temp was 38.5 he is pretty larthagic too. He wouldn't even drink or eat all morning. Thankfully after his last dose of panadol a while ago he has started eating and drinking again. I was gonna have some party food later on with a lil friend over the road but, i think i'll cancel.

Anyway, i'm doing pretty well now. I've started a diet which is having pretty good results so far. I feel better after making myself do some exercise. it can only get better from here.

Happy 1st birthday Luke!! i hope you start to feel better this afternoon.

Ooh Amanda & Nickers, I so don't envy u moving. Finally got my preggy av, hehe, gees I look good, wish I looked that good IRL.
    Holly has about 3meals & 3-4bottles/day & she lets u know if u forget. She's down to 2sleeps a day now, if that, so up for much longer.

Yeah I read that Syd Morn Herald article Abs, a g/friend sent it to me. Holly is still rear facing too & DH has said several times (since 6mths old) we should turn her around & i say no, read that article, hehe.
    Aussie generally says 8kg or 6mths, but apparently that is too lax compared to other countries & studies done on injuries sustained due to this.
    But I guess some bubs would have been too long to remain rear facing, Holly is around 40%ile for height so not really a prob.

Wow Joy, xlnt news, congrats. Who's going to be #4, hehe.

Wow Nickers, that is xlnt about ur work, very flexible.

Woohoo Declan & Ryan on walking & not long for Josiah either.

Xlnt news on the sleeping Shazz, Mitch & Amanda.

OMG Theresa, sorry to hear Em & Georgie are still having problems. Yikes, more food allergies, that is going to be quite difficult. It is also 1 of the reasons I'm stickin closely to the allowable food lists, as my 2nd cuz (killed at 18yo) had sooo many food allergies/intollerances.

Ooh wow Jacci & Theresa, Holly's only extra word is 'nananan'.

Happy 1st bday Luke. Hope he's on the mend Jelly.

Holly has been letting go whilst standing up a few times now, standing for about 3secs, so guess it wont be long. She started clapping this morning & got on her FP car all by herself, but she's still not quite long enough to touch the ground properly to get around on it so had to push her round the house, everytime I stopped she got grumpy, ended up sitting on the kitchen floor & wheeling her back & forwards whilst I was sitting. She can sortof push herself backwards on the tiles, then she puts her feet up, like her daddy taught her, ready to be pushed/pulled along, so funny. Also noticed her 8th tooth thru, the 1 i thought was coming thru 1-2mths ago. Don't know if anymore as the only time i get to see is when she laughs & opens wide, hehe.

Oh & I'm chuffed, I got 'Photographer of the Month' (late Feb), hehe.

Also pretty sure I've felt a couple of niggles of mvmnt yesterday & today, time will tell.

abs Guest

woohoo - happy 1st birthday Luke

And congrats on the photography Shell - will have to go have a look... I normally come straight into here

And ta for the info there Theresa

back to work for me

Shell...Woohoo on the pg avatar, you look great!! I can't believe how quickly it is going, your nearly half way!! Congrats on the "photographer of the month" Well done. How cute is Holly putting her feet up to be pushed. I can only tell if Abbey has more teeth when I see them too, or if i'm feeling very brave and try to feel with my finger, but gee she can bite hard. Yay on feeling movements too, it must be exciting.

Jellie... HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE!! Hope you have a great day and are feeling better soon!

Theresa... Sorry to hear about all of Georgies allergies. I guess its good knowing them now though so hopefully won't have to go through the same as emma. The girls are gorgeous in your website photos, G looks so grown up! Abbey growls when we do too, and does it in the same tones as well, its so cute.

Jacci.. How clever is Charlie saying all those words. Abbey can say mum, dad, bub, ta and nan but not on demand yet lol

Nickers.. yay for nixon getting faster with his crawling. Abbey likes to follow me to, but always cracks up if i pretend to be chasing her, and tries to go faster its very cute.

Yay for Declan and Ryan walking and Josiah for starting as well. Aren't you all very clever!!

Well Abbey settled herself again last night but Chris woke her up when he got home (by accident) and she wouldn't go back to sleep. But its a start. She is in there now supposed to be going to sleep but I can here her playing, at least she isn't crying for me to go and get her so hopefully she will just go to sleep.
    We have booked in Abbeys christening for her birthday, so that will be a big day for her. Now I just have to do her invitations. Did anyone make theres or just buy them? If you made them, where did you get the stuff and ideas? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to that.
    Oh and abbey had her first taste of yoghurt yesterday and no reaction which is good. So we will see how she goes with it for this week and then can introduce gluten. It will be a relief to know that her excema didn't mean that she would have allergies.
    Oops long post again.
    Hi Everyone else!!

amanda - i made the invites. i like making that stuff! hpoe the exma stays away - i have adult excma on my arms and the top of my legs! i crawl around chasing charlie too - he squeals its great!!!

shell - i am definetly not going to be number 4!!!!!

NICKERS - HOPE YOUR TRAvELLING WELL!

Mitch - HAPPY WEDDING ANIVERSARY!!! for monday!! are you doing anything? - i always remember yours coz its the same day and year and we wer du 2 days APART - FREEKY!!!

Wohoo for Jacci - Iam going to give myself a wohoo - coz i am now more than 10 kilos lighter than when i got married and i've had a baby inbetween now and then _ i am very happy with myself!!!!

Boohoo for jacci!!!! went bike riding with gav tonight - had a huge stack!!! took skin of my leg, elbow, shoulder and have a huge bruise from the handle bars under my arm! gav thought it was hillarious!! NOT FUNNY - i told him - not quite in those words!!!!!

Amanda, I made Holly's too. A photo of them is in her latest pics in www.

Jacci, WTG on the weight loss. Bugger on the stack, hope ur feelin ok. MY DH laughed too when I had a similar incident, b4 Holly was born though, & have a few scars from it. Bought a pushy & went riding with DH, however I hadn't ridden since school. There was a parked car & oncoming traffic, so DH (experienced) rode up a gravel driveway, so I followed him (I had warned him that I haven't ridden for ages) & stacked it, skin off both knees, hands, elbows. I used 'betadine antiseptic cream' as the chemist said new studies have shown that it's better to keep a wound wet than dry, so it heals from the inside, so twice daily applied cream thick & put patches on. Towards the end, there wasn't much left so stopped putting cream on, well that's what left the scars, the rest healed nicely, so hope that works for u Jacci.

Ouch Jacci- hope your ok, u might get some nice scabs out of it though!
    happy annaversary Jacci & Gav, and Mitch and dh for monday!

i get eczmea too on the tops of my feet and legs. usually in autumn weatehr for some reason and just noticed it yesterdat flaring up on my feet, looks yukky, wasnt itchy though.

taking Nixon swimming shortly!

gav has told every one we have seen so far about my crash ! [email protected]@dy men sometimes - he thinks its hillarious! i have to laugh myslef though coz it is funny!

Nickers - have fun swimming - thanks for the anniversery wishes - were going out for tea tonight. having a friend of mine babysit - she's never had him before so we'll see how many phone calls i get!!!!

shell - i might go get some of that cream. my leg killed last night everytime the sheets rubbed against it!

abs Guest

Happy 2nd Anniversary Jac

Yikes on the stack... hope you're feeling better now

Quiet weekend here bar Jordy having some major sleep drama's

charlie has the flu at the moment - i don't know how he got it. little bugger. that and he had the poo's yesterday ( when i was hung over!!! NOT NICE)

abs - hope jordy sleeps better. what was happening too him

Hi Guys..

Happy 1st birthday Luke...

Nothing planned for our wedding anniversary, Jeff is away working unfortunatley....

Have been sending out Cvs willy nilly & hopefully he will get something soon too...

Happy Anniversary Jac...

Shell.. love the belly av... & congrats on the photo.. it is gorgeous..

Alexa is sleeping better now... only screams for 10-15 minutes between being put down & giving in & falling asleep now LOL...

Cant remember anything else lol... BBL

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast