Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #19

abs Guest

Here Jac,
    Hi girls - sorry been away for sooo long - oopsie - April 19 was last log

Life's been pretty busy then my laptop died last week and had to go buy a new one straight away (there goes over $2000 I didn't need to spend... thank god it''ll go on this years tax return in full, bahh humbug on the depreciation thingo you are supposed to do)

Um, not a huge amount happening Jordy's way... still running around like a little monster, climbing the stairs - had a fall down 3 steps the other day, had his 12month needles a little while ago where they've merged 2 of the 3 needles into 1... he's part of a study looking into that... also means he gets tested each year (fully free of charge, they come to us) - so means his immunisation level will be checked

Um, what else... my mum was up overnight due to work conference. She got here mid arvo yesterday and got lots of cuddles and smiles and stuff. A quick smile this morning as I was trying to put him back to sleep around the time she got up

Oh, and we have an ace sandpit out the back now. Have some photo's which I need to upload, so will do that soonish

And we had our parents group 1st birthday bash a little while ago too... all the dad's there too. Was a great arvo

Also, the nanny we've been having 3 days a week, coz he's in day care supposedly 2 days a week, we just found out Claudia is now 8 weeks pg... Jen is soo gotta sell her business. Having lunch today with two friends who will be helping with that

And oh yeah, I got a 4.5% pay rise - not many got anything, so in the nearly 3 years I've been there, I've had a 5% and a 4.5% which is well above the company average! Sweet, means my manager and senior colleagues have to be very happy with what I do - even if it is from home, and they happily come in to bat for me when the subject is raised

Better get back to work now

Amy ... I am interested in the story too hehehe [email protected]

Abs... well done on the payrise...

Jac.. Lexi loves having her daddy home.. mind you we have had visitors most nights...

BBL

Hey Jacci - just emailed you. I didn't realise you were a platnium member, so where's your av hun?

Mitch Just emailed you too.

ETA - Hi Abs bout time you checked in lol. Good to hear you got a payrise. Does Jordy like his sandpitt?
    Last edited by going42; May 4th, 2007 at 10:23 AM. Reason: added to post

I just had a long post and lost it all

Oh well will try again

Amy... I thought we had a new person too lol. Hope all is good but I am interested in the story too [email protected] hehehe

Mitch.. Yay for Jeff being home, bet that Lexi is loving it. I hope you don't get too sick of him lol

Abs.. Good to hear that all is well..Yay for the payrise

Nickers.. Good Luck with the move!

Jacci... Naughty naughty on the shopping... yay for charlie walking everywhere!

I think thats all lol

Well Abbey is good.. She can walk but chooses not to atm it's faster crawling lol We have just started her on dairy and so far seems to be tolerating it. I have weaned her from all her day feeds but she is still feeding over night. I cannot wait for her to learn to sleep all night. I am so tired.

Hi to everyone else!! Hope you are all well!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi all,

Yay some activity around here! It's been pretty quiet here lately.

Firstly I can't believe all these babies who are walking! Charlie has only learnt to stand unaided, and can stand on his own for 10 seconds or more at a time. He has managed a few steps between the chair and table, but I wouldn't consider it walking! More like catching himself before he falls over! Lol!

He's not talking much either. He can say 'yes' and 'mum' and 'daddy' but that's about it. He sometimes surprises us by repeating things we say, like' dance' or 'puppy' but it's a one off and he doesn't usually say it again ever! He can recongnise a lot of things though, and can point to a fair few things if you ask him to.

He also has stopped looking like a baby and very much looks like a toddler now, even tough he's not walking yet. I guess at this point most of us have stopped being mums of litte newborns who change from minute to minute so there's not as much to report as before!

But it's still nice to see everyone and to hear how you all are going, nonetheless!

Hi Sushee!

How did your weaning Charlie go? I can't remember if you did or not. DId you go straight to cows milk? I am thinking about weaning Abbey. Her tooth keeps rubbing me the wrong way and I have a constant sore spot and I am getting over having to grit my teeth everytime she feeds.

Amanda,

I did eventually wean Charlie, cold turkey, when he was 11 months 2 weeks old. It was not the smartest idea weaning cold turkey (think mastitis) but it was the easiest for him to accept, unfrotunately. He would not let me drop feeds, so cold turkey was the best way to go for me.

The first week, he refused the bottle and all forms of milk, even from a sippy cup. I talked to my ABA counsellor and she said he was certainly old enough to not have straight milk as long as he got milk in his other food. So that's what I did.

Then on the 7th day after weaning, he was so unsettled, I offered him cow's milk in a bottle, and he took it! Since then he's had two bottles a day, one in the morning and one before bed. He never did take to formula, but seems happy enough on full cream cow's milk.

The other surprising side effect is that now he doesn't need the boob to settle him to sleep, he sleeps all night 7pm to 7am, which he very rarely did on the boob. I know he didn't need the night feeds anyway, but he only could settle on the boob previously, and now that habit is broken, he's really good at settling himself.

Good luck with weaning Abbey! I know it's hard to, and sometimes even now I feel a little sad for not BFing anymore, but if you do decide to do it, those first few days are the worst, then it does get better after that!

Thanks.. Abbey is really only having feeds during the night to settle and the occassional one during the day but not often. She takes full cream cows milk either in a bottle at night or in a cup during the day. I keep thinking that if I stop feeding her it will help her sleep but I don't know how else to settle her at night. I have always just fed her back to sleep. I spoke to my MCN and she said abbey could go straight to cows milk and not to worry about formula. So I have started that but the last bit is the hardest. Has Charlie forgotten about it or does he still ask?

I forgot to add before that Abbey had her 12 month checkup.. 7.94kg (i don't think she is ever going to hit that 8kg mark lol) 70.5cm long. Still not gaining wieght very well, but now that we have introduced dairy we hope that she will. Have to get her checked in two months and if she still hasn't we will be off to see a peadiatrician.

Amanda,

Charlie saw me with boobs out about 10 days after weaning, and wasn't fussed by then. He stopped asking after the 4th day or so.

I too worried about how to settle him back to sleep without the boob, and the first two nights were the hardest, when he kept throwing himself around wanting me to put him on the boob. I persisted and just kept cuddling him but not offering BM. After that though, he would just put his head on my shoulder and go to sleep on his own, so it actually didn't turn out to be as hard as I thought it would be. Within the week, he had forgotten about it all, and that's when he took the bottle for the first time.

ETA I hope the diary will help her put on a little weight. She sounds like a petite little thing!
    Last edited by sushee; May 4th, 2007 at 01:19 PM.

abs Guest

yikes Amanda, less than 8lg, we can't think back that far... and god knows how long Jacci would have to think for that weight

Well done on the feeding change Sushee - and whilst your Charlie may not walk, our Jordy barely says anything legible. He certainly is trying to form words - so we are trying to say some words over and over, but just guessing on how to do it

As for his sandpit, doesnt like his feet in the sand yet, but can stand around the edge and put his hand in it

And so much for the payrise - well we found out Friday arvo that the outsourcing company I work for has lost the contract for the area I work in - it was up for renewal... taken over by another outsourcing company... wont be til early-mid next year before anything really happens, still plenty of info and decisions to be made

I shouldn't have any problem moving sideways in my company, the other guys who work on the same system as I do but for other customers are a little stretched, so should be able to go there fairly easily. Only problem will be that it means having to go to the office again - argh.

And the bigger worry is that the outsourcing company that has won the bid, I used to work for and got shafted from there at the end of '02. I know who works in the team there and they have zero chance of taking over what I have put in place. No idea of what interaction I will have with them in handing over, but it's not gonna be pleasant. Maybe I should make a trip down to Canberra to speak to my seniors about what happened back then and why I dont wanna have anything to do with the handover (when it all happened I set up a page online explaining what happened, but couldn't be fazed about it as I had a new job lined up within a few days, so never got around to showing it to anyone)

sorry about the vent then

Oh, some of you know my sister (Toby's mum) is pregnant. Lachlan is due to be born by C/S on May 14. So in 9 days he'll be out. Tis Penny's birthday on the saturday, mothers day on the sunday and he will be born on the monday - busy next weekend for her !

Hi all,

Things happening in my house:
    Stephen is away on a month of army training so I'm a single mum till 3/06/07
    Sarah is still not walking but we have ditched the dummy in 1 night. a heck of a lot easier than I thought.
    Baby belly has really shot out in the last week ! my next appt has glucose test, anti d (i'm A- ) and every other test I can think of!
    Sarah is 77cm long and 9.6 kg so doc wants her to put on alittle bit of weight so she's on the 75th% coz her height is 90th%. @ the moment her weight is 50th%.

So glad that I don't have to report any income to centrelink while stephen is away coz reserves is exempt so we might b able to pay off sum debts while he's away looks like I get a temporary pay rise too!

Hi all,

Just a quick check in while I'm at work to let you know I'm still around!!

Sounds like everyone is doing well, bummer about the job tho abs, hope you get it sorted pretty quickly for your sake.

Josiah is running around everywhere. Apart from mum, dad and ta he doesn't talk, just grunts. Occasionally he's called Janae 'nae' and he calls my dad 'daddad' (grandad) Mark's been teaching him to nod his head for yes and no though, which is pretty cute because he throws his whole body around when he does it, not just his head!

Anyway, I really want to catch up with all the personals, maybe tomorrow night when Mark's out....gotta get back to work - gosh they keep me busy, but I love it!

Speak soon

Bel

Well guys... Alexa has her first cold... poor wee tart is snotting everywhere & has a cough no too... going to take her to the Dr tomorrow as paracetamol & fluids jsut arent cuttin it... I am glas that we made it this long before she got her first cold.. premmies tend to be more prone to bugs.. but the poor wee thing hates having her nose wiped 7 boy can she crawl fast when she wants to get away LOL...

Its funny how some babies talk and others are slower at learning to talk but quicker to walk.
    Charlie says - mummy - dad - dog - please - ta - dink (drink) - more - mine - hiya - dawk - no - yes. so he actually talks all the time - he waves at everyone and say hiya as he's doing it - its sooo cute. My MIL teaches Speach therepy at the primary schools here - for those kids that are struggling. she can't believe how clear his words are.

Mitch - charlie hates getting his nose wiped - he has a hissy fit

hi bel

Cool

Hi all.

Bummer bout the cold Mitch.

Sarah got her first fever yesterday so I gave her panadol which dropped it but she was really sooky n irritable and she has really painful nappy rash too! I gave the dummy back @ 12.30 last night so I could sleep but she didn't really want it. Looks like it really is gone for good. at least she can babble as much as she wants n get the sounds out properly. everything is still Mama Dada Bubba or babble but it just sounds so cute coz she has a very feminine voice n squeals half of it.

As I only posted yesterday there isn't much else to say! so CYA

Angry

Damn i'm having prod with my ticker again, any suggestions?

abs Guest

Mitch, what we do re wiping Jordy's nose is to pretend to wipe ours first... he is sooo much more likely to not turn away or be a PITA when trying to do his

And way to go on Charlies words Jac. Must be sooo cute

Hey guys, both interview went well the one jono went for didn't pay enough to worry about, the last interviews for the one I went for were on Saturday so just waiting now I would of thought Id hear by now though! Anyway good things come to those who wait.
    I have just been listing all declans stuff on ebay cot and change table etc since he is now in a single bed and I have little hope of having another bub anytime soon and just do not have the room to store all his stuff.

Hope everyone is well haven't had a chance to catch up on the posts

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast