Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #19

Default Babies Born April 2006 #19

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in April 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

mum21 Guest

Hellooooo. Anyone around lol.

Thought I'd better post so I don't miss out on the new thread, only to find no one has posted yet. lol.

Jacci Yes my scar itches and hurts all the time if I have a big sneeze it can hurt for like 24hrs or more, the reason I can't have a vbac is my pelvis is too small for a baby to pass through I have to have and xray to confirm but they are like 90% sure thats why I couldn't deliver Declan so thank goodness for c/sec and modern technology or else I wouldn't of been able to have children and I guess I would of also died giving birth or attempting to give birth!

Theresa as much as the c/s scares me I would never let it get in the way my big issue is convincing DH that he also wants another baby he is in denial at the moment stating he only wants one but he is full of crap I have over heard him say stuff like it would be nice to have a lil girl as well and things soo yeah! anyway I still have my contract in place so I have a year and a half still to drop down to a size 12 and then he has to hold up his end of the bargain now I just have to do it I would love to start trying around the end of this year for bubsy no.2 but I will see how my cousin katie who has a bub 10mths older than declan and is due with no.2 in sept so it will be around about the same timming!

Ok for all of those of you that are slackers and didn't read the last posts in the previous thread I need your help please

My cousin is having a baby soon and for her baby shower I wanted to make her a book, now this is why I’m writing as I need your help if you get a chance!

What I am wanting to do is put a book together of advice, your birth stories, pregnancy things (like things you didn’t know happened prior to falling pregnant), what happened whilst in hospital like how you felt etc, the first few months things that happened things you didn’t know prior to having bub and things you would change next time around, and anything else you can think off! I thought it might help her seeing how other people coped in differing situations etc I have 4 weeks to get it prepared so any info would be greatly appreciated.

You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance

oh and thanks theresa I will go an still it now!

Ali, yeah at this point in time, we're saying only 2. Did the figures for 3 kids in childcare & it just wasn't viable at all, as it is, with 2 in childcare & if I have to go back F/T, I will only get $40 more for working 5 days than for working 2days, so totally not viable.
    Have fun moving.

Bec, great news that Declan's on the mend.

Oh Sush, hope ur feelin better about ur decision very shortly, totally hear u on the 'growing up too fast' though.

Hmmm, who else's bday is it, Tyrone's? Happy bday anyhow.

Ooh, GL Mitch, hope all works out with ur plan.

Wow Bec, scary. My nurses were shocked at my recovery from my c/s, I showered myself (sitting), dried myself (mostly but then nurse had to help clean up the blood that went everywhere just after i had dried, coz was standing up, oops), almost dressed myself, walked to Holly's u/sounds Day 2 & Day 3 (in another part of hosp), didn't ask for pain meds, didn't need an epi topup (that shocked them the most), so I'm actually happy about that, hehe.
    My birth story was posted in May/June (i think) in the birth stories section of BB.

Jacci, yeah mine gets itchy sometimes (maybe also coz i try to pluck the hairs away, so prob from growing back), 1 side has healed nicely, can't feel scar line,but the other side has a noticeable scar/bump & gets itchy, esp with my itchy hugely growing belly. Not really tender, occas little tender, well lately, prob coz stretching.

Any ideas on where the old thread for birth stories has gone since the debrief one is there now not sure where to look

Hmm, no idea, I could click on 'all posts by ..' me & try to find it, hehe, but im sure there are hundreds of pages.

ETA, here it is, it was Sept, oops, hehe. Birth of Holly Maree (undiag breech) . Be warned, it's long, hehe.

Thanks for that shell!

wow shell, if only i could have a recovery like your c/s this time (if i end up with another c/s)
    Becky I am not happy that you went through something similar that i did but glad there is someone out there that probably understands the pain i went through.
    I never screamed or complained through 15hrs of contractions, generally i think i have a pretty high pain threshold, but this was pain after the c/s something else. I know you physically forget how the actual pain feels but i will NEVER forget what i was thinking at the time because i could not cope with a second more of of.

Happy Birthday Tyrone!
    who's bday is next, is it Miss Amber?
    did you babies get Easter eggs thismorning? DH did a little trail it was so cute nixon crawling to them and picking each egg up, there were 3 small ones which lead to a bigger one which lead to a bunny around the corner! got it on video.

abs Guest

morning all - we were planning a little egg hunt, but we've all been sick as... Jen's been sick since midday Saturday, at least the vomiting has stopped. I was V'ing for about 4 or 5 hours on Sat night but am better now

Didn't even get to her parents for lunch yesterday. Jordy still has some wet poo's and is supposed to get his 12 month immunisation tomorrow - might leave it for another 2 weeks... the centre is open the 2nd and 4th tuesday of each month

Hope everyone else had a good easter - we might just forget this one

Hello everyone!

Well, I am going to do the lazy thing too seeing as I have probably missed half the birthdays too - AMBER SENDS YOU ALL A BIG SMUSHY KISS AND HUG AND HOPES YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL FIRST BIRTHDAY! he he. I cant believe one year has passed already. Scary!

So, to those people with Boys, what is a good meaningful, look back on in 20 years time and remember my first birthday present? My good friend who had her baby 2 weeks after Amber has a baby boy - and I seriously dont know what to get. She's bought Amber some jewellery to keep forever and I dont know a good thing like that to get for a boy - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Next question Birthday cakes! Any suggestions and pictures of yours would also be greatly appreciated. I am not a good cook at the best of times so am totally stressed about making this damn cake for her party next weekend!

Anyway, I promise to get on here more regularly! Hope you guys are all well and bub's are being good!
    Luv me

Hi all

I'll do some personals later

happy birthday tyron

sooz. i havent made mine yet so dunno how it will turn out but i am doing a rectangle shaped choccy cake. Then going to just ice it with cream icing. Then using a piping thingy pipe around the edges in red, and i have a round wiggles template to go in the middle as well as a big red car candle to sit on it. so pretty simple but hopefully will look effective.

i think a NUMBER 1 is not so hard, u just need the right size tin and then cut one if it for the top part of the one. u can do what ever flavour cake u prefer, then just ice it pink, put some little faires or sprinkles on it.

sooz a pic of declans cake is on his website it was easy peasy just get some pre made sponge cakes that are little slabs or get a big slab cut it out and ice it if you can get your hands on the womens weekly birthday cake book it is excellent with templates and the reciepe for a VERY yummy icing

Nickers, I totally understand and am scared of it happening again it is soo hard to describe the pain I felt just that I thought I was about to die worst pain I ever felt I had contractions only a couple of minutes apart that went for at least 90 secs and was off the rickter on the ctg machine and yeah they were uncomfortable and a bit ouchie but nothing like the pain I felt after the c/s and also the pain of the needle for the spinal OMG they couldn't get it in the right spot it took 3 attempts AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHH!

Good news I have FINALLY got all my accreditations I am now a accredited mortgage consultant AMC with the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia!!! YAY about time stupid police check held it up for 4mths just because there is someone else with the same name out there grrr anyhow more to the point as soon as I have made some decent money and can prove to DH that it is a viable thing A I do not have to go back to work and B We can try for another bub so fingers crossed the next 6mths and beyong is very succesfull for me!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THOSE I HAVE MISSED AND THOSE COMMING UP I AM LIKELY TO MISS! GOOD LUCK WITH THE PARTIES AND I HOPE YOU BUBBIES DON"T GET SICK LIKE DECLAN DID!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I am off to bed have had some shockers the last few nights and I am totally exhausted!

mum21 Guest

Sooz - I am thinking of doing the number 1 from the women's weekly bday cake book, or if I'm feeling really lazy I'll do the hickory d1ckory dock clock with the time pointing to 1 as that one is very easy to do too.

Sorry to hear ur all sick at Easter Abs, bugger.

Susie, with Holly's we were recommended 2 types of pkt cake that are cheap as chips & very yummy. A lady in our mums group has a friend make all their cakes & she told her the secret: buttercake pkt mix in 1 of 2 brands: savings brand (coles) or black & gold (eg: iga or corner stores). We just used pink icing & rainbow speckles (pink/yellow/mauve/green mixed together) all over it & some around the edge of the plate & a 'Happy Birthday' white plastic doo dad with a candle in the middle of it. Tried the template but failed miserably, long story, MIL made icing without reading method & was soooo thick, hehe.

Well Holly has a (suspected) blocked ear canal & kept us awake with her crying/screaming most of Sat night. Took her to a GP that was open, some ear drops, her temp kept going up, in the end even with panadol, so 8:40pm got some Nurofen from friends down st, they had a spare bottle, so saved DH the treck to 1 of the 3 chemists that were open til 9pm Easter Sun. Last night was first night I didn't give her anything & she cried only about 2-3 times but went back to sleep, so she's on the mend.

Jacci & Nickers, I was opposite, the last 2hrs (ish) of contractions were excrutiating to me, i was in tears & begging for pain relief, got peth, gas wasnt helping, pethadine just made me drowsy & slightly took edge of it, then finally when got epi (anaesth was in surgery) it was bliss, well bub wasnt lined up properly & was breech. I just have this gut feeling that this one will be breech too (was at 19wk scan but still very early) & finding hard to breath in bed sometimes when lie certain ways etc, just like with holly as her head was pushing into my ribs. Will have to wait & c.

Becky- just been looking on your website at al Declan's pics. We have bought Nixon the same Trike for his birthday! DH put it together a few nights ago so it sready to go on his birthday can't wait! and that train cake u made it unreal! where did u find the tracks from? It looks exactly like the one if not better from the WW bday cook book.
    did u do a practise run first before the real deal?

Nixon got bitten by mosies last night he has about 6 on his forehead and 3 on his hands. no where else because everywhere else was covered, so i have put some calamine lotion on it so hopefully doesnt itch him. I had killed 4 thismorning inside the house, no idea how so many got in all of a sudden and its very surprising that i didnt get eaten alive in bed last night they usally go for me.

Shell- glad to hear Holly is getting better but must be getting difficult for you getting up at night as you get bigger etc.

Becky - I am also making the train cake! did your dad just use Lollipop sticks and licorice to make the tracks coz thats what i'm doing.

Nickers - bugger on the mozzies! they normally attack me too. luckily when we went camping over easter none of us got attacked.

I can't believe these babies are turning 1.......... eeeh i don't want charlie to turn 1. please let him stay my little baby for a while longer!!!

Well i am off to go and get my cake out of the oven. Charlies party is this weekend. I'm very excited about it! hope you all have a great day.

Jac

OMG..., You guys are so good baking babies cakes hehehe... I brought Alexas hehehe.... I cannot bake to save myself but I do a mean roast LOL....

I cannot believe that it is almost a year (on the 16th) since I left the hospital with my little bundle & was terrified lol.. & now she is starting to stand on her own & has her own wee personality really shining through now....

She feeds herself too.. I tell ya I can just finish vacuuming & she still finds bugs & bits on the floor to eat... ewwwwww...

She is a great person to have around if you want to feel like the worst housecleaner around LOL....

Catch up soon...

Shell... I cant believe Lara (I Love that name), will be here in less than 20 weeks, it time going faster or what!!!!!!

Nickers.. you are almost in the 2nd tri...

So Girlys.... who is gonna announce the next BFP ??????.... not me I still have a weekend only hubby LOL... But all going well he will get a call by the end of the week saying he got the job he interviewd for yesterday & can come home..... Keep everything crossed for us.... unless you are TTC then you can keep ya legs uncrossed hehehehe...

Catch up later my lovelies

XXX

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast