Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #2

just thought id quickly let you know that Virgin and Qantas have cheap flights atm. But have to be booked by midnight tomorrow night and travel up until mid dec. Ive just booked my flights to go to Syd in 3 weeks to see the fam and friends and can't wait to show Nixon off to everyone!!

Nicers - I booked the tickets to go to Darwin in june - gav and me get there and back for $358 - bargain!!! I went on line just to check the prices and it was before they stated advertising on TV - we were very lucky - it is so cheap!!! I bet your family will love seeing Nixon. Is Sydney were your sister lives?

KelliC - I hope olivia's hips are ok.

Charlie is having an i need mum week. No one can settle him but me - they can try for 10 minutes and the minute they give him to me he stops crying - it really is a truly amazing feeling to know you are the only one he really wants.

Sushee - bring on the christening photo's!!!

just a quick note to tell u all i have put all the photo's on my web page now.

have fun

jac

getinmybelly!! Guest

Forum Name: getinmybelly!!
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 24th April, 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 9.5oz Length 51cms - Head Circ -36cms
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Lana Grace
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: small ear tag, developing strawberry birthmark on top of head.
    Notes:

Could I pretty please be added???

Thanks

morning theresa.

how did georgie sleep last night? charlie had a weird one just wouldn't settle in his normal routine. georgie sure does have alot of hair+

Charlie has really light hair - people keep saying he has no hair - but its just really light so u can't see it. gav and i are both dark so we will have to wait and see.

bugger i seem to be coming down with the flu.

abs Guest

Jen had the cold for most of last week, neither Jordy or I got it

Bugger about that airline sale - we booked mum to come up for the day in 10 days time, not knowing a sale was about to be on

Abs - your mum would of had to bring someone with her coz it was a 2 for 1 deal.
    How is your sister goinr at the moment, is she handling everything ok. I could only now that i have charlie imagine how hard it really would have been for her to loose her son.

abs Guest

I think they are still struggling Jacci, but time is helping. Still not certain about how she is with Jordan, being obviously different, but still similar in some ways to him. I think her husband is still more shook up than he lets on, given his brothers passing since months prior to that

Am sure I could have had someone come with mum - my other sister is hanging to get her hands on him too She has two girls. Funny, before Jordy came along, Kate & I have been fairly "distant", dunno why, just was... since he came along, we've spoken heaps more

I mentioned yesterday arvo about a Babies Galore KinderKot. Jen got one... tis quite roomy. Better than a portacot, well when younger anyway... a friend gave us a PAC, but only has the low floor, not the "insert"... soo too low for using yet. The KinderKot is good, plenty of airflow, soft floor, and a sleeping bag than can be folded in half for when they are their current size for like how we currently only have "18 inches or so of blanket" that bubs goes under

Especially if flying somewhere, this could be taken on the plane as hand luggage, and we'd be fairly happy to have Jordy sleeping in it

Talking

Abs- The kindercot sounds great! we dont do a lot of travellin but when we do I might look into getting one.

Nickers- Enjoy showin off your little man! He sure is a little cutie!

Kelli C- Thinking of you as you wait for Olivia's results. Really hope she doesnt need the cast.

Theresa- I really hope Georgie's medicine kicks in soon, must be a reflief to have the relflux finally diagnosed!I completley agree with you on the 'better when they're not moving' issue! LOL just think we'll both have 2 running around before we know it!:eek:

Shell- Thanks for the info on the latest vaccine! I think i might seriously look into this as we often have gastro going around town. Holly has such a heartmelting smile!

Sushee- Thanks again so much for your info! have you got any piccies for us to see yet??

Welcome Melbo and Willmartin, sounds like he was a big boy too! I still dont know how i managed to get Logan out?? just goes to show what a great job my midwife did in distracting me from the pain!?? LOL

Well weve had a bit of a mixed up routine here over the last few days too? After Logan had his needles he slept for 5hrs then another soild 11hrs straight after?? The CHN mentioned that it is common for them to do this but it was weird not having him wake for such a long time? Today he seems to be back into his old routine which is great and a lot kinder on my boobs!LOL.
    This morning when I was giving Logan his bath I took off his little bandaids from where his needles went in and noticed that there big lumps there? I rang my Dr and she said to come in and get them checked out, luckily they are fine. But she said if the become red or more swollen to come straight back. Hope they settle down soon, although they dont seem to bothering him,Thankgoodness.
    Take Care Everyone!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi all!

I'm coming clean, I haven't got Charlie's christening photos up yet! But I will do them soon I promise! Lol! I also managed to get pics of him laughing at Zaki yesterday so want to put those up too!

Kelli, I'm sorry to hear about Olivia needing a u/s. Charlie had one at four weeks and it was really quick and easy. I know as a mum you can't help but fret though. I hope it comes back okay.

Anna np about the nappy info. You and Mel will be welcome new recruits in the Cloth Nappy thread I'm sure!

Yay Mel on joining us in here!

As for us, paed appt yesterday, and Charlie got neither weighed nor measured! Just a check of his hips and his 'boy bits', was given the results of his renal u/s (normal) and was told he was really alert and happy, and is in great health. He also gave the Dr a big grin, which made the poor man go all clucky! Lol!

Then this morning, Charlie woke with a bloated belly, and at 9.30am, projectile vomited about a litre of curdled milk all over me. For the next two hours, all he did was scream and refuse the bb.

I called my mum in desperation and she came round and gave him a massage. Right after, he pooed twice, farted like a trooper, burped like an old man, and is now back to his usual self! Phew! Beautiful one day, perfect the next!

LOL sushee @ Charlie pooing,farting,burping like an old man!!
    Nixon is upstairs asleep and i have the baby monitor downstairs with me, all i have been hearing for the last 5 mins are these huge farts coming from the monitor!! Think I'm going to have a lovely nappy to change when he wakes up!

abs Guest

hehe, i know all about the sounds - and the last two evenings at his 6 or 7pm feed, I have ended up being covered from chest to groin in projectile vomit... last night was when the lady next door came over to visit too

I don't think I've ever seen anything like it, even after many a saturday night with more than enough in my belly

Something I've been meaning to ask - those with the sound & movement monitor's - how often do you forget to turn the movement off... only to get halfway out the door of the room before it starts beeping!!!!

For a while there I was ready to throw it out the window, but we're both getting better at remembering to turn it "off"

We've also had the movement bit go off 2 or 3 times due to a bit too much blanket tucked under the mattress - I've never seen Jen move so fast

i have never mived the baby moniter - charlie's room is right next to mine if he is going to cry then i sure know about it!!!!

when charlie wakes up during the day - he wakes up hungry so he screams and screams so loud till he gets himswlf into a fit and then starts coughing. does any one elses baby cough when the cry?

well it 6.50 and i am up feeding charlie he woke at 2am and now - not too bad really but i am tired again - i wish this boy would learn to sleep in!!!!!!

hope everyone has a goo day. i have friends coming down from bendigo for the weekend - cant wait to show charlie off.

have a lovely weekend

jac and wueeeee.

Hi Guys,

WM is sleeping ATM so just grabbing the opportunity.

ABS - I think we have the same monitor and yes, I keep forgetting to turn it off too. It always happens around 3.00am (can't get my wits together on those night feeds).

Jacci - Charlie and WM seem to have a similar schedule at the moment. I mean, you love them more than anything but it's exhausting isn't it? DH took over last night and I went to bed at 7.00pm (slept till 5.00am). God, it was bliss. I feel much better today. Also with the coughing after crying, WM does that too. Must be a baby thing when they work themselves into a tizz.

Sush - Poor Charlie ... what a comprehensively gaseous exchange that was. No wonder he was upset. Good on your Mum though for shifting it all for him. It's funny sometimes what a change of hands can do =)

Theresa - yes I saw our little ones arrived on the same day. HOWZAT!! I'm sorry though that Georgie has reflux. It must be hard for you and her. Hopefully this early start on the meds will help.

Nickers, I picked up a cheap ticket to Queensland so am going there on 21 June to visit the family. I can't wait. You've gotta love cheap air travel.

Shell I had no idea there was a vac for rotovirus. Amazing! I'll have to see about it.

Kelli - hope the little one's u/s goes well but I can imagine how much you must hate having to have it done. Hope it isn't too difficult for her.

Got to go and get organised. ABS was it you who mentioned Chemist Warehouse? They are a bargain heaven ... I went there when I was still pg and stocked up on stuff. They have very cheap prices on everything including vitamins so I was pretty impressed.

Must go and get organised. Maybe I can get some stuff done while WM kips today. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Cheers,

Mel

theresa - charlie has reflux - i remember when i first gave him formule he would throw up everywere. i was thinking to myself " how can that little 120ml's in the bottle end up all over the bassinette - looked like he'd spued up 2 litres...... i have him an the S26 anti reflux - he still throws up a bit but nowere near the projectile vomits he used to do. apparently charlie will grow out of it. his isn't as serious as georgies

Mel - i am going to get DH to take over for the night this weekend - but i am goig to go sleep in the unit out the back so as i don't hear charlie ry - if i hear him cry then i will get up.

Anywho - charlie and i are of to teach some people at the bus lines how to use MYOB

Theresa, oh no, good they diagnosed it early though. Hope she too doesnt have intollerances.

Anna, glad to hear the lumps are ok, that would have been scary.

Sush, hop that was just a 1 off, well except for the burping & farting, LOL.

Nickers, it is so funny when hearing them fart, LOL. Last wkend, Holly had a real doozy, every inch of the nappy was covered & a puddle still in the bottom & it overflowed over her singlet & jumpsuit, yuk.

Abs, not as often now, but alot b4. The alarm went off once for us, around 2am at 2.5wks of age, scared the crap out of us.

Jacci, hopefully b4 u know it Charlie will be sleeping longer. Holly went 4-5hrly last night. Have fun showing him off.

Mel, what a refreshing sleep, thats great.

abs Guest

Hi everyone, yep was me with Chemist Warehouse... After me being quite angry with them over some medication I need to live, the head pharmacist dropped it off at home last night - this stuff costs me $130/29 days... hopefully finally on the PBS in August

And when he did drop it off last night, he put a little pressie in there to make up for the mixup

re the monitor, I put a sign up on the wall - "TURN THE MONITOR ON/OFF AS NEEDED"

Who still has bubs in their room ?? We do, tis getting a bit squishy in our room with a full sized cot, and a feeding chair etc. I'd be happy to put him in his own room, but someone else in this relationship won't have a bar of it yet. Jac I see you have Charlie next door already

Shell, whilst its been a while, I know all about the overflow... and sometimes the nappy is quite wet too. We had a few days earlier this week where it was almost dripping wet quite regularly, but that has settled down now

We have our 2nd Parents Group meeting this arvo - starts at 2pm. Sleep and Settling is this arvo's subject - I'll probably be the only guy there

oh, a quick laugh... Jen was BF Jordy - he pulled his head back as she was squeezing to help the milk flow, and got him big time in the eye... she was cacking herself. He just blinked a couple of times and put went straight back to feeding

The monitor also has another benefit... The feeding etc is done in our bedroom which is upstairs, and I work downstairs in a corner of the lounge. She can talk in a lowish voice and I'll hear her quite easily - I gotta shout back for her to hear me though, but that's fine
    Last edited by Trillian; June 2nd, 2006 at 02:22 PM. Reason: double posting

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast