Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #2

Abs- Ive done a similar thing but shot myself in the face!! hahaha

Abs - I put Charlie in his room at the start of the week. Now that he is only waking up at 2am and 5 or 6 am i find it really helps with my sleep i don't wake up at all the little noises he makes in his sleep. Istarted by sleeping in his room during the day to get him used to the room. i nearly cried the first night though - it was sad not being able to wake up and look over and see this peaceful little boy sleeping.

I was changing charlie last night and he wee'd when i took the nappy off - and he pee'd all over his head - i was killing myself laughing aswell as feeling sorry for him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by abs
    And I see WM is another IVFr... that makes 4 of us (you, us, Sushee and KellyW) - anyone else ??
    Another Ivfer here to ABS

Hi Shazz!
    Great to hear from you! How is Ryan going?? How are you coping with this freezing weather???

Logan slept through last night for the first time!! YAY!! am hoping it continues from now on!(cross fingers and toes) then I wont have to get up to these horrible cold mornings!

Hi Everyone,

Abbey is playing with dad so i have a few minutes to post.

Theresa... hope the meds kick in soon, and georgie feels better. It must be hard seeing her in pain.

Abs.. we still have abbey in our room, i'm not ready to let her go yet lol. Plus it's easier only keeping one room warm as its so cold here at night. We haven't ran out of room though cause we are only using a bassintte and i feed her in bed. Lol at jordy getting the milk in his eye. Last night i was feeding abbey, and it had been a while so bbs were very full, she pulled off and it sprayed all over her face, seriously like a shower head.. couldn't stop laughing and had to wipe her off before starting again.

Shell.. we have had a couple of overflowing nappies, luckily both times chris was changing her so i missed out. it is funny how loud they fart though lol

jaccie and mel... how nice for you both to have a night off, the sleep must have been great. i can't yet, as still bf, but went out today to get stuff for expressing so will see how that goes.

well we had abbeys mchn check up yesterday. she had put on over 200g in a week, so had a bit of a growth spurt. she weighed exactly 5kgs and the nurse was very happy with her. She kept smiling the whole time...show off lol. I have booked her appt to get her 2 month needles, a bit scared to take her but chris won't as he doesn't like needles for himself so would be useless seeing her get them. Having my check up the same day.

has everyone started dtd yet?? we ahven't but have done other stuff, i'm scared it will hurt as i had a third degree tear. guess i'll have to soon. what is everyone using for contraception? i got a prescription for the mini pill while in hospital but i am so useless at remembering that sort of thing (how i ended up here in the first place lol) so not sure what to use.

wow sorry for the long post
    talk soon

Hi anna, Ryan going well still not sleeping very well but we are coping i'm finding he needs to be topped up with EBM of a night and we are going 4 hours on average now could you get Logan to to send the memo about sleeping through to my little man
    you lucky thing you!!! it's getting rather chilly isn't more to come unfortunately catch up with you soon

just a quick hi, so flat out trying to get this mum stuff all under control so been awol. hope to get some time soon to catch up. no personals tonight, going to feed then sleep again!
    bye,

abs Guest

well, another puke tonight all over his brand new "sleeping bag", and me of course - had to change tshirt / shorts / boxers - all wet with smelly puke

All three bedrooms upstairs get the same heating, so not worried about that

Had our 2nd parents group - we also covered feeding... pretty much everyone else that was there today (numbers were quite a bit down from last week ) is purely BF, so we were able to give a few hints etc about bottles etc. Sleepwise, we seem to be doing mostly okay with what we were told too

And amanda, yep, we have DTD just the once a few days ago... she said it hurt a little bit but was bearable. We'll wait a little before going there again

Amanda-Re: the contraception, I have been told that the minipill can sometimes dry up your milk supply?? not sure how true this is though?? We personlly use the rythym method. We have dtd and I found it quite painful but remebering from last time the only way it got better was to keep trying every couple of days? I dont think i had as serious a tear but Logan also got stuck(shoulder dystocia) coming out also and I still dont feel right down there, alot different from when I had Jasper...? sorry if this is TMI?

Abs- I had Logan in with us for about a month in a bassinette, but he outgrew it too fast, so we put him in his cot in his own room. And it hasnt been a problem although i was worried about not hearing him or Jasper for that fact but I wake up to both of them at the slightest sound. Joys of motherhood!

Shazz- Bummer about the sleeping. RYAN!! Im sending you lots of sleeping vibes!! be a good boy for your mummy! LOL Take Care Shazz.

Joy- Great to hear from you too! hope Caden is behaving for you also.hope to hear from you again soon.

Anna.. i didn't know that about the minipill.. will have to look into it. Abbey also had a shoulder dystocia and thats when i tore, was doing ok till then. I see we both had nice big babies. i guess i'll have to bite the bullet and give it a go... DP will be happy lol

Abs.. bummer on the spew, we have a couple of those sleeping bags too.. they are so good for abbey cause she doesn't like being wrapped but keeps kicking off all her blankets.

joy.. good to hear from you.. hope caden is doing great.

abs Guest

argh, can someone remind me what sleep is supposed to be like....

Jacci, that would be funny & not, hehe.

Theresa, hope Georgie feels better soon.

Shazz, long time no see,

Awesome Anna, lets hope its a regular thing. Shazz hope Ryan joins the club soon.

Abs, it sure is a rack up when BB's squirt them, hehe, at least it has healing props so is good.

Amanda, i'm bout to use the mini pill, but when stop bleeding, I think AF is coming now. A friend setup an alarm on her mobile phone for lunchtime for her mini pill. Oooh, I hadn't heard that either Anna, hmm, if it does then I dont want to take it yet either.

Joy, hope 2 c u soon, when u have time.

KelliC, hope all goes well with the u/s this wk.

Holly has her next CHC checkup on Mon, so will see how much she's grown. She was 4.51kg dressed on Thur.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

shell,

I thought that if you're BF exclusively you shouldn't get AF for a while yet?

Amanda, I used the minipill while BF Zaki and never had a problem with supply, but maybe check on that first. I do know some contraceptions cause problems.

Abs, I can't remember what a whole night's sleep was like anymore either! And Charlie sleeps in his cradle in our room, but from about 3.30am co-sleeps with Karl and I so he's nice and warm for the coldest part of the night.

Also his lord and master got another massage from his nanna this morning (I swear she enjoys it more than he does!) and he's now been cat-napping for going on 3 hours! Man, he hasn't done that in about two weeks (around the time I talked about how it looked like he'd gotten into a routine of sleeping every arvo - me and my big mouth!) He also has a CHN appt this week, so will also have stats on how he's doing.

I'm going to go put the clothes in the wash while I have some alone time, so hopefully will BBL!

it is true if your BF exclusivley you SHOULDNT get your periods but some women still do.
    Dr gave me script for mini pill on monday ive just bought it from the chemist, but wont start it just yet, last night started bleeding again so dunno if its AF or still from birth. (which that i thought finally stopped one week ago)

Another think about the minipill is that it HAS to be taken the same time everyday or the effectiveness isnt guarantted(SP?) Also being on it can make you cycle again too.
    As you can see Im not one for it? LOL
    But its personal preference.

yeah pharmasist told me needs to be taken @ same time each day if u miss can be taken within a 3hr window of your usual time but if later then u won't be protected for 3 days. ive got it but don't know when i'll start usuing it.
    i forget what bd is! as i bled for 6 week after then just when i thought we might give it a go AF (well i think its AF) comes! so much for enjoying not get AF whilst pg. i have made up for every month i did not get it now!!

oh & Happy 2 months Logan!!
    Last edited by Trillian; June 4th, 2006 at 02:36 PM. Reason: double posting

Hey everyone

Just done a big catch up - sounds like there's lots of funny stories coming from everyone's gorgeous little bundles. About the funniest I've got is Amber was fast asleep then other day and just fully burst out laughing in her sleep. She'd never laughed before...and still hasnt when she's awake! Must of been having a good dream! Geez I'd love to know what's going through their heads sometimes.

Joy - I know what you mean about getting this 'mum' thing downpat, it's such a huge change that I dont think you could ever be prepared for. I think I am finally getting the hang of it. The hardest thing for me to get my head around was when she's crying, dont worry about anything else. I think I used to sit there and stress about how long she was crying for and how I should've done soooo many things around the house in those couple of hours, but now I just relax and focus all attention on Amber and it seems to stop her crying quicker.

I have come to the conclusion the Mini Pill sucks!! I can never remember to take it at the same time everyday and yes have heard it dries your milk up, didnt for me though. And to all you ladies who've attempted DTD, I take my hat off to you!! I am still freaked out to the max about it! It's DP Birthday today, so tonight may be the night - ARRRGH!!

Amber had her portraits taken the other day. The Photographer does "Anne Geddes' style shots, so I really cant wait to get them back. They were all so beautiful.

Well, I'm off to look at everyone's websites now to see how the bubba's are coming along. Amber is a chubber - but so cute!

Til next time, yours in sleepless nights, SOOOZ! -x-

abs Guest

so who here is actually getting decent nightly sleeps - ie how often is bubs getting up - what time to bed, up/down, then up in the morning etc etc

We are still bed around 7pm, til midnightish, then rollercoaster every 90-120mins for the rest of the night - ARGH. Maybe its coz Jen wakes sooooo easily and thinks the slightest noise means he needs changing (which he sometimes does need), feed etc etc

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast