Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #3

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi all,

sorry to have been MIA but have had Karl and Zaki home sick, and between them and Charlie being a little fussy, I've been run off my feet.

But all is well now, with Karl back at work, Zaki back at school and Charlie happy to have just me and him at home again! We've had loads of play time today, and my sure fire way of making him smile is simply to smile at him!

Also saw the CHN today (7 weeks 3 days old) and he's 5.24kgs and 59cm, which is excellent.

Sorry all for no personals today. I'll catch up on where everyone's at soon, I promise!

abs Guest

unfortunately he isn't... Jen was in tears earlier today not knowing what to do... he just wouldn't stop crying (or maybe for 2 or 3 minutes) - then he'd pass out for 10-15 mins and we'd start all over again

She finally called the local area health nurse who basically said it's something they all go through ??

Abs,

Charlie woke up every 40 mins all night two nights ago, crying, unable to be comforted, chucking up his BM and being really fussy. Then two days later, it's like it never happened. The CHN said the same thing: babies just have fussy days. Doesn't help the poor parents though!

Abs - Poor Jen - I would be beside myself!! - Coz charlie is soo good if it came down to it i wouldn't know what to do.

Bel - Really Sorry to say this but i am actually 2 sizes smaller than i was before i got pregnant - I have lost 15 kilo's now. You will fit into your clothes again - remember i only have one child to run around after so i walk for 2 hours a day and play netball - were as you have Jenae to worry about aswell you would have bugger all time on your hands.

Kellie - I used Fess Little noses on charlie it worked really well.

Bathing - Charlie hs a chower with Gav every night - he loves it - you put his whole head under the water and he smiles away - glad he like the water considering we live by the ocean!

Sushee - hope all the family are better - once one got it they would all get it!!!

abs Guest

speaking of water, our neighbours in the other half of this house (big 2 storey place, split down the middle) were up in Surfers for a couple of days last weekend

they brought back a special little swimming costume for Jordy and his own pair of sunnies

I'll take a picture in a few minutes and upload it to his website (Jen loves the water too... we hope to go back to Heron Island again as soon as we can - last trip was for a week in October)

abs - i bought charlie a pair of bathers at rebel sport - there like little speedo's with built in nappy - we are going to Darwin for a weekin july. can't wait!!!!!

Hey everyone, I will be away on holidays until Sunday, so if you have anything that needs doing urgently email one of the other moderators listed in the first post, otherwise feel free to email it to me & I will update when I get back home.

If you have emailed me and I haven't gotten to it yet, I apologise as this week has been full of trips to doctors, hospitals and ultrasounds... I promise to get to everything by early next week. Thank you for your patience.

abs Guest

same from me - have a good time away Christy - sent you an email saying the list of names at the start of the thread is fairly out of order

and Jacci, Darwin rocks in July... I've been up there quite a few times in July/August (though most of the week was spent down in Batchelor jumping out of planes) - but usually spent a day or so up there too depending on flights in and out

Well, we had a much better sleep last night. Jordy finally passed out properly around 6 after a shocker of a day. Slept til 11.30, up again at 3.45 and then again at 7am. Both Jen & I feel almost human this morning And it's a bright beautiful day here in Sydney... But logging into work, people have been discussing something that is due to be done at 11am this morning, something that affects me big time - first I heard of it was 8.15, and am awaiting much needed info to let me know what needs to be specifically done
    Last edited by abs; June 8th, 2006 at 08:51 AM.

well i rekon i saw my first smile last night! then this morning i was getting big smiles from Mr Nixon!! hehe how cute are they when they smile @ you!! It made me cry i was so happy! now gotta try & get a photo of it!
    Abs- Nixon sleeping is similar to Jordy's, although sometimes rather then feed him right away i put him on my chest & he falls back to sleep immediatley, so he aint always hungry @ those times but wants lots and lots of comforting, which is fine most times but sometimes extremley hard when i just want to do some things b4 his next feed and all he wants is to be held!
    Have fun Chrsity!

abs Guest

there's a couple of little hints at whether he wants a feed or not... i can usually tell (Jen's not quite so good at it). There's a few times I've been up to change him and have picked he doesn't want one... like at 5.30 this morning (well he'd only been down an hour since his last feed, and that was a fairly big one... nappy change, then he scoffed the 100ml of formula, big burp, and passed out in under 30 minutes

another question - anyone tried those baby swings ?? We've just ordered the FisherPrice aquarium one... arrives tomorrow

Jacci, that sounds gorgeous. Charlie sounds like he's progressing to longer sleeps, yay.

Theresa, TT, hmm, sounds like fun, hehe.

Nickers, WTG on stats, hee'd be 1wk adjusted now wldnt he? Give it time, Nixon is still young. Ooh just read ur latest post, that's great.

Abs & Jacci, I agree, 1 smile is enuf to make ur heart melt. I find gently stroking Holly's cheek can make her smile.

Lisa, that's fantastic, I was wondering how u were going.

Bel, yay on the increase, but have to agree with Jacci.

KelliC, hope Olivia feels better soon. When Holly's nose gets sniffly, I gently put a cotton bud up it to soak up the lil bit of runny stuff & to dislodge boogers, then she is able to sneeze the booger(s) out. How'd the u/sound go?

Bathing, ditto what Amanda said.

Bel, I'm with u on the weight issue, I only lossed half (10), but I must admit, I havent been exercising (I keep procrastinating) or eating healthy all the time, oops. My girlfriend lost her weight easier with her 2nd coz of running around after her toddler, so u'll get there.

Have fun Christy.

Sush, Charlie looks like a precious porcelain doll in his 32do photo. Didn't realise u had some christening photos up yet, do you have any close-ups of Charlie.

Anyone heard from KelliW yet about how surgery went for Hayden?

Looks like all our bubs are growing nicely, great stats everyone.

abs - the baby swings are great. I haven't got one coz my bubs have been happy to sit in the rocker, but a lot of my friends have them and love them. I think Theresa has one and raves about it too.

Nic - CONGRATS on getting your first smiles! They're so magical aren't they. As for settling, do you have a baby carrier of some sort? I find when Josiah wants lots of cuddles like that, I either have to sit on the couch and give them to him, or put him in the baby carrier and get my stuff done. I find he goes to sleep straight away in the carrier.

Just got back from our 6 week check, my little man has put on 1.8kg in 6 weeks! His weight is right at the top of the chart! The doc was very impressed with him, how well he's holding his head up etc. Here's his stats for anyone thats interested:

Weight 3980g/ 5740g Height 52cm/ 56.5cm HC 35.5cm/ 40.5cm

Well, I'm off to have a meeting with my boss, find out exactly what she wants me to do when I go back in 4 weeks she's hired all these new people to do what I was doing, so I have no idea what she's planning...

speak soon

abs Guest

Hiya Bel - and also HI to all the MIA's recently that I forgot to say hi to earlier

Hope the reply from your boss is what you want !! and fantastic stats on Josiah

Will put up a pic of Jordy in the swing as soon as we can... should be here before lunch tomorrow, but have parents group in the arvo

Hey all,

Just a quicky for those of you whose bub's have had their 2 month immunisations - how did they go? And how did you go trying to settle them after?

Amber was fine when they shoved the needles in (I wasnt, nearly fainted!) and she was fine for about an hour after. But Then cryied inconsolably for about a half hour before finally crashing out to sleep, poor little petal.

Any suggestions/hints?

Thanks

Sooz,

Charlie is having his on Mon...ooeerr. After, I'm taking Ariani to get her Learner's Permit...maybe that wasn't good planning!

Shell, that 32do pic was taken with my Ipaq PDA, can you believe? He was watching me fiddle with it, he looked so cute, so I snapped a quick photo. The resolution on those things are crap, but what a gorgeous pic! I agree that he looks like a porclein doll too, I thought it was my mummy bias that thought so! Lol!

As for the christening photos, my MIL was in charge of my camera and she wasn't very confident with it, so most of the photos came out dark and far off. But FIL brought his super duper professional camera and took some great shots. He said he'd drop off the memory card for me to download the pics, but knowing my FIL, god knows when that'll be!

Abs let us know how Jordy goes with the swing. Charlie tolerates the rocker for a few mins at a time, so DH is thinking of a motorised swing instead. Would be interested to hear how well Jordy takes to it.

Bel, Josiah is doing marvellously! Charlie was the opposite, long at 59cm, but only 5.24kgs. He's wearing 00s coz we need the length, but his skinny legs don't fill them out properly! Lol!

abs Guest

will do sushee - and we have imm shots on Tuesday, so will see how he goes after that susan. Hopefully the swing will come in handy

abs Guest

Well, it arrived about 2 hours ago, I assembled it, Jen was fairly still ummm ahhh about it... but once Jordy was in, it was smiles all around

he LOVES it. Jen has changed her mind basically instantly... will get some pics sometime today

what a difference it makes when i get a good sleep, Ive just vacumed the house, done some washing and tidied up and feel good!
    last night tried new tactic bottle fed Nixon 9.30pm, then BF top up @ 11pm, he slept until 5am. next feed 8.30am and just now @ 12.00(also put another layer on him mum suggested he might be cold & thats why he always wants to be held) well it worked for one night...hopefully we can get nights like this more often!

I bought a swing off Ebay a while back, put Nixon in it a few times now & he has liked it!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast