Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #3

great news that Jordan loves the swing abs, hopefully he'll be a bit more settled for you now.

glad you got a good sleep too nic - it makes you feel so much more human doesn't it!. I think I jinxed myself saying what a great sleeper Josiah's been - he's been getting up for a 3am feed again the last few nights. I do find when he feeds every hour or so late arvo early evening that he sleeps a lot better.

sush, Jos is in 00 bonds suits - he fits the 000's in everything else tho.

settling bubs after shots - unfortunatley apart from giving them some panadol, the only other thing that tends to work is lots of cuddles, maybe a nice warm bath/ shower if that normally calms your bub (i know it settles Josiah, never worked with janae). Good thing is they tend to have a nice long sleep after their unsettled time. Hope that helps.

Off to pull my apple pie out of the oven, hope its worked, the pastry still looked pretty soft earlier.

Abs, great news on the swing. A gfriend used the swing for her 1st & she loved it.

Nickers, yay on a good nights sleep for u.

Bel, hmmm apple pie, yuuuummm. :-)

HI guys!
    Weve had a busy couple of days this week, Dh and I decided to get Logan christened next weekend so its just going to get busier till thats over! Logans routine is set in now feeds every 2hrs from 8am till 12-1pm then has about 2-3hrs sleep then feed every 2hrs till 8-9pm then sleeps through till 5-6am. sometimes he goes to bed earlier at night when we have had a big day out.

Abs- glad Jordy is enjoying the swing! will make it easier for Jen to get some work done now!
    Sushee- IKWYM re: 00 Logan is 60cm long and fits them quite well but his legs are still a little skinny for them too, but any 00 top fits him fine also!? Im finding he has a long torso like DH and Jasper. Cant wait to see Charlies christening piccies. you'll have to crack the whip at FIL!

Nickers- Great news on the sleeping front! Hope it continues!

Bel- I found the bonds suits really small compared to most brands I dont think Logan would even fit in a 00 wondersuit. YUMO on the apple pie! I still cant stop eating heaps! think I have put on more weight now than waht i was when i got home from hosp.!?

Susan- I found that Logan slept for a really really long time after his imm. but like the others have suggested maybe some panadol and alot of cuddles from mummy and daddy.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

This conversation just reminded me to change Charlie's Dr's appt for his imm shots to lunch time, for after Ariani sits for her Learners Permit! Lol!

Charlie is in 0s for the wondersuits as of this week. He can fit into his 00s still, but it's getting too short in the leg, even though there's ample room for his torso. Do you guys also find Bonds sizing to be pretty small in most of their stuff? His 000s Bonds stretch track pants look like shorts now. And yet this other 000 overall set I bought from Target is still waaaay big on Charlie still. It's the only 000 outfit I haven't packed away yet, and I don't think I will for a while yet!

Abs thanks for the info about the swing. I am stilln ot convinced that we should get one, but will be more open-minded about it now.

Charlie Routine - He feeds every four hours during the day. Normally we are up at about 8.30. then feed at 12.30-1 then again at 5 and at 9pm - he goes to bed after this feed and normally up at about 4-4.30am then our day starts all over again at 8.30am - he is pretty much set to this. He hardly sleeps during the day. I walk everymorning for 2 hours after his morning feed and he normally sleeps in the pram for that time but other than that he will have a 10minute catnap every now and then. It doesn't bother me though coz he will just sit in his rocker for a couple of hours or play under his jungle gym thingy. I find if he does have a day of sleeping then i am up all night with him.

Sushee - I don't have a swing but then charlie is pretty content to sit in his rocker for hours and belt up the stars and moons that hang from the toy bar ( he is doing it now.

Anna - that is a great routine but it would annoy me to have to feed every 2 hours during the day. But the night time sleep you are getting is unreal.

Nickers - that was great of nixon to sleep - it is amazing how good you feel after a good night sleep. Today i have walked 12km and painted the kitchen and planted the box hedge out the front. now i have to tidy the house.
    Forgot to say Congrats on the smiles you got the other day.

MultiVitamins - I have started taking womens energy vitamins that are advertised on TV at the moment - I have been on them for 2 weeks and I seem to have heaps more energy now. Just thought i'd let you know - for those of you feeling run down - might be a good idea to try some vitamins.

Getting Charlie to sleep after 4am feed. - Does anyone have any idea on how i can get charlie back to sleep after his 4 am feed - sometimes i am still trying at 5am. Last night i fed him with the lights out and it only took 20 minutes to get him back to sleep - i have been changing him before i feed him - he screams the house down - but oh well!!! - when i change him before it means we don't have to get him out of his sleepyness after the feed. What does everyone else do?

Photo CLub - Here in Portland they have a photoclub at the chemist once a month. It only cost $5 and you get 8 or 9 different photo's. I just got his first ones back - they look sooo cute. ( have loaded it on WWW.) Does anyone elses chemist do this?

Jacci- When i feed Nixon during the night/early morning, yes change nappy before the feed, i keep the lights off or low/ don't talk to him/ cuddle him on my chest while burping him which quiet often puts him back to sleep, a couple of times ive put him down b4 he has brought everything up & he hasnt settled

Theresa,

you must be exhausted, not to mention poor Georgie. I hope the trip to the Dr sees her getting her meds right for her, poor little'un.

Jacci, I feed every 2-3 hours during the day too. Plus Charlie sleeps very little in the daytime. Plus he won't sit on his own for more than 5-10mins at a time. Plus he only sleeps about 4-5 hour stretches during the night too! I'm sooo envious of you! Lol

Sushee - you poor darl - plus you have to run around after a family!!!! - I am not envious of you!!!! LOL...

Nicers - i will have to try and not talk to him - but he's just so cute at 4am!!!!!!

Theresa - really hope it gets better soon and they can work out the meds for you

And I'm already thinking about trying for another, Jacci! That's coz despite the lack of sleep and lack of 'me' time, I take one look at my baby's gorgeous face and I get over it....well, most days anyway! Lol!

Sushee - DH and i were talking just before about wether we were going to try for another and i think we will just stick with one till he atleast reaches 3 or 4 then we can decide. I will only be 29 by then so i still have years to decide..
    Will you have to go through IVF again?

With Holly's early morning feed (anywhere between 4 & 7am), I do what Nickers said. Lights low, don't play, quiet, boob, burp, change (wakes her up for the 2nd one), boob, burp, bed & she's off. But if DH is up getting ready for work, we see DH for a while before continuing feed. She then sleeps for another 3-5hrs.

shell- my DH likes to get charlie out of his room and bring him into our bed at 6.30 before he goes to work so he can have a cuddle. its soo cute.

chrlie has a wake up point of 6am and there is no getting him back to bed after that - he will lie in his cot for another hour talking to himself then after that he'll have a hissy fit if no one goes ang plays with him.

nicers - did what you said last night (all dark and no talking) - worked a treat - i fed him at 3.30am and had him fed and back asleep by 4am. thanks.

Glad that worked for you Jacci!
    Nixon got his 2month immunisation needles thismorning. DH took him so i didnt have to watch the needles (seen enough going in and out of him when he was born!) DH said he was a very good boy and hardly even whimpered when he had the needles! He must be tough from all the ones he had in the begining.
    I was a bit concerned last night his voice (well u know what i mean) sounded different, like more crocky as if he was loosing it or had a cold. But with no other symptoms temps fine, temprament normal etc etc, lady at clinic told DH that they cries do change and you'll determine the different cries to what he needs. I understand this but had anyone else noticed a change in voice if you can call it that?

Jacci,

I'm 36 already so don't have the luxury of time anymore. And yes unfortunately it'll likely be IVF again, which is why DH is very reluctant. My ob told me that it's possible my tubes may have unblocked during my pg, but with my luck, nothing that easy would have happened!

Nic, I can't say I've noticed a change in Charlie's voice, just that he went for quiet little 'newborn' cry to full on loud 'baby' cry in the last couple of weeks. I suppose if Nixon seems okay otherwise, it may just be one of those things.

Sushee - I hope your tubes did unblock whilst pregnant.

Nic - I haven't noticed any changes in crying - charlie has been running a bit of a temp and has been doing green poos - i rang the CHN and she said he had a tummy bug but as kong as he had wet nappies - which he has heaps off - then it was ok. hope little nixon isn't coming down with anything.

Hey ladies (and gent! ) For anyone that is worried about the immunisations, I found with Maddy feeding her whilst having the injections (if possible; if not, immediately after) calmed her very effectively. Even the MCHN commented that she settled from screaming very quickly because of some booby. HTH!

Hello April Flowers ...

Theresa - so sorry to hear that Georgie is still having problems. I hope your latest technique helps a bit in finding a solution.

Beck - WM is due for his first vac on Wednesday. Will try to time it so that he can have his bottle straight afterwards. I was looking at the Children's Panadol magnet I got in my Bounty bag and wondering if we will need any of it this week. =)

Sush - that would be an absolute bonus if the pg had unblocked your tubes. Did the doctor explain how that works? I'm curious. =)

Jacci - hope Nixon is doing okay this morning. Also re the cries, WM's voice sounds a little husky from time to time so not sure if that is the same as Nixon. The theory I read (in "Babylove") is that their vocal cords are only tiny and hoarseness can be a common problem for a while. WM also has different cries for what he needs. He makes little meowing noises "ow ow ... ow ow ow" when he's just a bit whingey as opposed to the full on "Waaaaaah" he was doing when first born. It's seemed to come at the same time as him responding to me when he sees me so I'm thinking it's just the next step in communication if you know what I mean.

Shell that's a good early morning plan. That cuddle in the morning is just the sweetest isn't it? Also, I checked out your site again and have to say I really love the black and white photos of you, DH and Holly. Just beautiful.

Anna - good luck with organising the christening! Hope it all goes well. Re the weight, I have gained weight since the birth as well. My appetite is ENORMOUS and I'm not breastfeeding so I'm not sure what my excuse is. Strengthening my willpower muscles as we speak! =)

Re the Bonds suit discussion ... I have noticed that they are smaller than other brands. The other clothing in the Bonds range seems to be a bit better in that regard, possibly because they don't have the feet restriction.

Went to the Myers sale the other day. It was our first town outing. I haven't been into the city since March which was strange for me after having worked there for so many years. Took WM in the Hugabub and moved him to the stroller after lunch. Worked like a charm. There were some nice baby clothes for sale so picked up a few things in size 1 for next year. I was thinking as I bought them that the in between time will pass so quickly and he will be wearing them before I know it.

He's sitting out on the floor in the living room, smiling at the light fixtures as we speak. Nothing like a full tummy and a clean nappy is there?

Hope you are all having a great weekend. It's a bit cold here in Melbourne. I'm looking forward to my visit to Queensland next week. Three weeks of sunshine I hope!

Mel

Mel- think you me meant re: Nixon & not Jacci!
    i have the baby love book but keep forgetting to use it when i want to find out something, so i'll have a read thanks. i dont think he is coming down with anything as there are no other symptoms and he seems happy in himself
    hey just uploaded a few more pics of nixon. one in his swing which he likes!
    Theresa- let us know how Georgie goes on Tuesday if she is not more settled before then, i can imagine feeding & expressing plus Em must be leaving u with NO time for yourself

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast