Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in April 2006 #5

abs Guest

good luck in getting gav to come with you Jacci - I did go with Jen for the 2month and will be there next week as well

no idea if they have scales there to do a weight check, so will see - otherwise our parents group meets at the pub close by to where we met to be begin with, so doing weigh in's is very easy

Jordy is all but demolishing 200ml bottles now, so wont be long and we'll be doing 250's (the Karicare is 1scoop/50mls - otherwise do like 1x200 + 1x250 and tip from one to other once shook up)

Jac, are you making up the formula when we wakes ?? We make several in advance, so before we go to bed, we have 3 ready to go - 2 for overnight + 1 emergency, and have another in the fridge downstairs. And then in the morning make up a few more to last through the day. When we get up, we put one into a jug of hot water (from the tap), and its pretty much perfect after his nappy has been changed - hope your toe is okay though !

Hiya Kelli - good to see you again. Hope the cysts get sorted quickly and dont mean anything long term

Shell, let us know if you hear anything from Kelly. Hope everything is okay and she's just been run off her feet

And good to see you again too Bel - well done on the exercise and weight loss... keep it up, and we all wanna hear your progress - good girl

Hi there everyone

Sorry for being absent for so long, just been busy and time has gone so fast. Thanks for your email Shell

Haydens op went well, the next day he was smiling so he must have been uncomfortable

They are 4 months old today and visited health centre today, Hayden is 6.97kg and Adam 6.1

They keep me busy plus my quilting business is busier than ever. I was doing one quilt a week now 2-3 and still booked out for 3 months, so that is good, but just busy. Also Hayden doesn't like me away from him for long, he is sitting on my lap as I type when he should be sleeping so I better go and get him to sleep. I will try to get on again tomorrow to give you all a better update on our life

abs Guest

HI KELLY !!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear from you and can't wait for the update tomorrow

Hi Guys, how are you all today?

Jacci - I saw your post in the bottle feeding forum but haven't yet replied. We've been through this too (unrelated to recent gastro). It kind of coincided with him learning to grab hold of the bottle and push or pull it depending on how he felt so I took it as a sign that he wasn't very hungry and I let him go to the next feed. It's frustrating though. And as yours is also throwing up, I would think about consulting your doctor or MCHN because it may have something to do with an allergy or intolerance. I hope its something easy to sort out. Let us know how you get on.

Kelly W - welcome back and it sounds like your boys are doing well. Very happy to hear that Hayden's surgery improved things for him too.

ABS - I'm looking forward to getting WM onto those 200ml bottles. We start next week. Jordy sounds like a dream feeder, he really does!

Bel - fantastic effort on the weight loss/fitness regime. That's a real credit to you considering how busy you are!

Kelli C - those cysts sound unpleasant in the extreme. Best of luck for the surgery and I hope it helps.

Going off to grab a bit more shut eye. I think our routine is back on track. William's sunny personality has also returned full force in the last day or so which is also a blessing.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Mel

Bel, that's excellent on the weight loss. A personal trainer sounds great. WTG on the sleep. Hehe, a sleepover huh, hope they're good.

No prob KellyW. That's great news.

Yay on WM returning to his happy self Mel.

Just added pics of Holly in her ducky outfit. Was it u Jacci that bought it too?

Mel - thats what i was worried about intolerences and stuff and he is probably bringing about 40mls back up. he still seems to be putting on weight though. He is a little budda boy!!!

Abs - when charlie was on the anti reflux formula you couldn't make it up in acvance - it goes like custrad - so i have always just made them up as i go. I am hoping to break the habit and make them up at night before i go to bed! Charlie starts the 240ml bottles when he is 4 months

Bel - sensational work with the personal trainier and the weightloss. I was thinking about doing that, do you find you get enough out of it?? Netball finishes next week and i have gone back to basketball, and riding my bike - but i need to do some toning work.

KelC - hope you are ok and everything works out. How is little olivia going???

Daytime sleeping - I have finally got charlie into the habit that as soon as 10.30am comes he gets put in his cot woth the mobile on and i walk away - next time i go in he is asleep, he only sleeps for about 45min - it is slowly getting longer to start with he would only slepp 20 mins - then i put him back in there at 2.30 and the same thing happens. It has taken me alot of persistence.

A woohhooo for charlie!!!! - I have taught charlie that when he is on the change table and i grab hold of his hands and say LIFT he pulls himself up to me. I showed my MCHN she couldn't believe how strong he is. He also knows how to stick his tongue out when you do it too him and when you say WINK he blinks - it is so cute!! i am in the prosess of teaching where my nose is. so he can touch it on my face. Mind you the boy still hasn't rolled!!!

abs Guest

that is soooo amazing Jac - tis far more than a single woohhooo !!

And ta, didnt realise that about the a-r formula

Thanks Abs. I spend about an hour a day teaching charlie new stuff and the we always read a book. Gav gets home from work and i have none of the house work done but charlie is always happy so he doesn't care and would much rather me play with charlie than tidy up.

Jacci thats awesome!!
    Nixon knows how to poke his tounge out when u do it to him now and i am teaching him the touch your nose, ears, mouth routine. at the moment its basically me doing it on myself then to him and he just giggles!

he hasnt rolled yet, im trying to help him by rolling him from back to tummy and visa versa, which way is easier for them to master first?

nickers - charlie can roll over if i put my hand behind his foot and he pushes off it, but can't do it by himself. we also sing the head,shoulder,knees & toes song. It is great that Nixon can stick his tongue out when you do it as really nixon is a few weeks behind in age being born prem, he must be a quick learner

Thanks for everyone's conrats! Thankfully Tim's good boy and didnt make me wait long or it woulda done my head in!

He kept saying he wanted to take me out to dinner and 'do it right' so I would have to wait for the 'right time' so last thursday night i cooked dinner, cleaned up, the night was totally going as per any other week night in house, sat down to watch Home and Away and he just came in a proposed. I thought he was joking, then sore by the look on his face he wasnt - so I burst into tears!

So, wasnt the most romantic, but I am stoked he did it that way because it totally took me by surprise!

We havent set any dates yet, waiting to get the house sold and move back to perth out of the way first but hoping towards the end of next year or beginning of the one after.

abs Guest

hehe, as long as the surprise part is there Sooz, that's the important thing well done

Melbo, hmm, that dream feeder comment was badly timed... he has become a shocker with feeding of late... though once you get him properly started he will demolish the bottle... just that getting him started is possibly easier than finding that needle in that haystack

Anyway, Jordy progress - he can nearly stand without actually holding him - more forwards and backwards balance needed ! Shocked some friends who popped in earlier today with it

And I've spent the day pulling down the entertainment unit in the lounge, moving all the DVD cases (>1000) to my theatre room, CD's are busily being ripped to the harddrive and onto the network here - and rearranging the lounge to give more space and make it jordy proof... I am about to go have a shower once finished on BB, then to bed

Oh, nearly forgot... Jordy was worn in the hugabub for the first time with him facing forward instead of into the chest... he loved it

abs - thats great that jordy hold his own weight that well. Charlie can't do that - he doesn't like it he just sort of bends in the middle!!! plus he probably weighs about 8 kilo's now!!! little budda boy. I had a chuckle at you having to de-jordy the room!! we have to get our floor boards polished within the next month so that charlie doesn't get splinters! - i can't believe how many DVD's you have WOW!!!

Sooz - as soon as you get engaged people ask you "have you set a date" i used to think "gees i only got engaged a week ago give me a break!! Huge congrats and have you set a date - hehehehehe

Interest rates........... I was reading in the paper that some people have to pay more than an extra $100 a month on there home loans now - that is huge isn't it!! it only added $7 a week to mine but people in the city have bigger loans coz you can't by houses that cheap there. Hope none of you people have been effected too much.

abs Guest

Jac, most of those titles where bought pre Jen when I was on a very good income - I'm still recovering from a year where, excluding the 1st week, my annual income was less than $10K but still had to pay home loan, car loan etc etc

Interest rates - not certain what effect this newest one has on mine, I still owe about $280K on my place. Had the loan for just over 6 years - bought my first place in early 2000. Of course it'd be worth high 5's low 6's now (I think) - prior to this hike it was about $920/fortnight (up from about $900 previously)

here is a fairly old pic of the entertainment unit - there were heaps more dvd's in there when I pulled it apart over the weekend... imagine shelves coming down to the floor with CD/DVD cases in em - just asking for trouble once they start crawling

Edit: JUst had a look, going up to $944/fortnight from Sep 7 - so that's about 100/month between the 2 hikes

Edit 2: Jordy is being a real pain feeding wise... I mentioned this sortta yesterday, but now he simply will not take the bottle unless he gets some boobie first - makes it really hard for me to feed him when he does this
    Last edited by abs; August 7th, 2006 at 10:49 AM.

That's great that it was a surprise Sooz.

Wow Jacci, that's awesome. I'm teaching Holly to say 'mumumum' & to poke her tounge out too.

Just be careful Abs, as I've now asked 5 professionals (1CHN, 3physios, 1paedOccTherapist) & they all told me not to let Holly put weight on her legs, as babies bones are not ready until they are actually pulling themselves up onto them, they can become bandy. A lady in our mum's group's bub has been standing with hands held for a while now & she said his legs already look like they're bendy, but he wont sit. They also say not to use walkers & jolly jumpers too. I thought that seemed ages away (eg: around 9mths) so asked so many as wanted 2nd opinions. I'm also gonna ask the nurse/GP on Wed when Holly has her needles.

U said it Jacci, it's just shocking. How r people supposed to buy houses when prices are just so high & NAB keeps increasing int rate & fuel prices keep going up too. It's ridiculous. As far as I know, it added $35/mth to ours, doh.

A milestone, Holly giggled twice yesterday, for the first time, oh sooo cute, hurray at last, hehe. Oh & got my first AF, doh, so it wasnt AF at 8.5wks.

Interest Rates- It hurts us. especially being on one wage.This raise makes us pay a further $60 a month i think. The last rise just the month before saw it go up $80 a month...... Not that we borrowed over our head but when u have 2 rises in 2 months and talk of a 3rd they make it pretty difficult to have any sort of a mortgage.

we spoke about baby proofing the house last week at mothers group.... omg they can hurt themselves with everything and anything cant they.... My main concern is we have approx 500 cd's and I am sure the shelves they are in could be toppled over if they were yanked on.. Have to come up with somewhere/somthing to put them in. Possibly move them into the office and make this room a "No go" zone and keep the door shut....

Morning all.

I feel so shocking this morning. I'm absolutely knackered for no real reason. Was supposed to go to the gym, but my head feels like its going to fall off, so I'm bailing on that idea. The weather is miserable too, so that doesn't help.

interest rates - we fixed our rate for 3 years about 6months ago, so it doesn't affect us, but it would really hurt us if we hadn't. We're still recovering from me being off work. I really feel for those of you that are on 1 income atm.

my house is pretty baby proof already, but not completely coz Janae was always really good with not touching what she wasn't allowed to. I have a feeling this little man is going to be a bit more trying in that area, so I'll have to look into that soon.

Better go, battery on the laptop is about to die....

Bel

abs Guest

I know about not using Jolly Jumpers etc... it can cause them to think they stand on their toes or something like that

Bel, my only problem with fixed rates is that it is usually a few 1/4%'s above the normal variable rate. So say 4 months ago the variable was 6% and the fixed was 7%, then until there's been 4 x 1/4% rises, you are still worse off. But at least you know what each month is gonna cost

Oh, what I also dislike is the usual no extra repayments/redraw on em... I have my pay go into my home loan, and I redraw what I want when I need it - the rest reduces the mortgage a little bit

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast