Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #7

Were is everyone!!!!!

Hello!!
    We got back from sydney thisarvo. so sorry havent yet had a chance to catch up on the last 2 weeks worth.
    But Jacci my dh went and bought the new elmo while we were in Sydney, how funny is it! I say that now but probably once Nixon learns how to press it over and over and over again i wont be saying that!

Our trip was great. We had Nixon's christening on Sunday. he was the BEST boy ever, i dont even think he cried througout the whole day..... He got his big poo out of the way in the morning (thank god) and i was paranoid about him spewing on his outfit, which he do not all day only right at the end when everyone had gone!!
    He got passed around like a footy all day and just loved it. It was a huge day for him & we were amazed at how relaxed he was. Not to mention how cute he looked! I will prob put the pics up on his website tomorrow.
    Other then that just caught up with other friends and fam. hung out with my sister & her 2 kids and Nixon has caught up to his cousin (born 4 days apart) last time we were up there she was heaps bigger then him, but this time they were exactly the same size! (we weighed them just on home scales and they were both 6.8kg!
    Also found out yesterday that my SIL is pregnant with No#2 so that was exciting.
    we have started Nixon on rice cerial just recently. at first he hated the feeling and cried with it in his mouth, & he has started to enjoy it (makes a big mess to when he tries to eat his hands at the same time)
    But on a downer i think he caught a cold. Poor little sausage hasnt been himself today, has had a blocked and runny nose all day. (he cried a bit when the plane was decending) going to just get him checked out with the docs tomorrow as his cousin went to the dr today and has conjunctavitis. (he doesnt look like he is getting it but i know its very contageous also)

anyway hope u r all well and i will try and read back on the goss tomorrow.

abs Guest

evening everyone - hmm, bit quiet around here

Well Jordy is now in his room, and yep, on solids too

Well first tasting was yesterday - amazing look of WT? is going on. Today was this really weird strange look on his face... he "ate" about half of what Jen gave him, I don't think he actually knows what to do with it yet, the rest ended up down his chin and chest

Dunno about getting a TME, I dont think I could handle one ? Maybe we'll see at XMas, big maybe.

Pie and Coke is my cure for a hangover Jac - enough grease/fat and sugar to do what needs to be done (and for me extra doses of insulin ) But yeah, zero sympathy due, and probably not much expected either

Good to see you had a good time up here Nic, and fantastic job well done to Nixon too. Hope he's feeling better soon though

So, is anyone else out there ??????

mum21 Guest

Hi guys. Back up and about tonight but still feeling a bit woozy but wanted to jump on and say hi. We must have managed to pick up a cold while we were up at the hospital because all 3 of us have had it (hopefull that's it for us for awhile) Declan is rolling lots from his back to his tummy even when he doesn't want to be on it. I think he is using it as an attention seeking tool too. We had him weighed to see how much weight he lost from his gastro and thankfully it was only 144g. He was weighed Tuesday night at the hospital and he was 7474g and he was 7330g on Monday.

Abs - Yay on Jordy starting solids and sleeping in his own room. What solids were given to him?

Nic - Good to see you back. Glad you had a good time away. We had Declan christened on the 24/9 and he was really well behaved throught the christening also (slept through most of it even while they poured the water over his head, he only stirred). Hope Nixon is feeling better its no fun when they are feeling sick because they can't tell us what is happening.

Jacci - No I haven't seen the new Elmo, but have heard I need to go and see one. Are you getting anymore sleep?

Shell - Yay on organising childcare. Those prices definately sound better compared to some on the childcare centres I had been looking into.

Theresa - Glad Em is doing well with the feeding tube in. Georgie yay on rolling from tum to back. How is everything else going?

Susan - How are you settling in to Perth?

Shushee - How are you and Charlie going?

Lisa - How are you guys going?

Amanda, Bel and anyone else I might have missed. How are you all going with those lovely bubs of yours.

Anyways must run Declan has woken and he's due for a feed now. Chat to you soon.

abs Guest

Hi Amy
    just the farex rice cereal stuff at the moment. Its apparently very bland... jen will be moving him onto other things bit by bit every couple of days

Bel, you mentiond the other day how Mark woke(?) at 12.30 - I got the same but at 3.30 this morning, as in Jen woke me after feeding Jordy - no complaints here though

Hi everyone,
    long time since I've been here and actually replied so I have, very sadly, decided in all fairness to ask the moderators to remove my details from this list. I have been 'lurking; on and off for a while but life is just so busy that I think it is best in all fiarness to you guys if I officially pull out of this group.
    Caden is going great and has started saying 'mum'. No solids yet but we are a really happy little family and life is so busy and enjoyable I wouldn't change it for anything!
    so hope you all have a reat time and its been a wonderful journey,

take care and bye,

Joy, sorry to see you go, i hope Caden continues to thrive Congratulations on him saying Mum how aewsome!! i hope that when you get a chance to just pop back in here & let us know how you & your boy are doing though.

Ive updated a few pics from recent trip on Nixon's website now.
    Amy- good to hear Declan is feeling better & didnt affect his weight to much, he is getting so big now!
    Abs- yeah Nixon pulled the same facials when we first gave him some rice cerial! i've only given him this so far & wont start on any fruit/veg until we visit the paed again in 2 weeks time. so does he like being in his own room? How are u & Jen liking it?

abs Guest

Hi Joy
    hope you can continue to pop in and give us an update from time to time... and wow, at just over 5 months saying mum - how cool. Thanks for sharing with us your portion of the journey

Nic, Jen's doing better than I thought - I'm fine. I think coz she can hear everything through the baby monitor better than she thought she would that that has calmed her thoughts a great deal. We have a check up with the local HCN tomorrow, so more stats then

Jed Guest

Hi to all

It's been a while since i last posted anything (about 6mths). My how time flys.
    Can you please put my details in.

Forum Name:Jed
    State:Christchurch, NZ
    Baby's DOB: 13th April, 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lbs Length - 53cm Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Conor James Francis (CJ)
    Baby's Website:N/A
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Jed

Jed - hi - i remember talking to you when you were pregnant.

Abs - Charlie used to spit his food out till he got the whole eating thing in order, Charlie found the normal farrax very bland - I give him the Bannana farrax for 4-6months old - he loves that.

CHARLIE IS FINALLY ROLLING!!!!!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH - but now i find him in all sorts of positions in his cot!!!

Also - I have finally given the controlled crying ago - i was rocking charlie to sleep every time - now i can put him in his cot and walk away and he will cry for about a minute then go to sleep. To start with he would cry for 10 minutes but he got better and better - It took me sooooo much self control to not walk in there and hug him!!! ( ihad to make a coffee and sit outside, but i am soo glad i have done it now.

Hi all - sorry it's been a while - internet has been on the fritz.

YAY for Charlie rolling Jacci. But I know what you mean about finding him in all sorts of positions in his cot. And well done on getting Charlie to sleep on his own. It's so easy to create bad habits coz we love our bubs so much, but then it's a pain trying to get them out of them!

hehe abs - gotta love those late night rendezvous!

Josiah is doing great - loves his pumpkin and pear, not overly keen on apple, but getting used to it. Getting very round and sleeping great.

Anyway, gotta go and say goodnight to janae, speak soon

Bel

Hey everyone

Been MIA for a while, have been soooo busy. Went to Melbourne for a bit to visit with mum and dad. They loved seeing Abbey again, so cute to watch my dad with her.. he's never been a "baby person". Then when I got back i have been so busy with work and admin etc as its BAS time again arrgggh

So I have been trying to keep up

Jacci.. Yay on charlie rolling, its so cool isn't it, and yay for him putting himself to sleep.

Welcome back Jed... can't wait to hear all about CJ and how he is doing.

Theresa... That is great to hear that emma is doing well with the feeding tube.. hopefully it results in a much happier little girl for you.

Joy... sorry to hear your going.. hope that you will still come on when you get the chance and update us on all your news.

Amy.. good to hear Declan is feeling better.

As for Solids... we haven't started yet. Abbey seems interested, but not overly and becasue of her exzema we are going to hold off as long as we can. She has had a taste of apple, watermelon and rockmelon (just a lick) and the faces she pulled were so funny.

Christenings.. we are planning on getting Abbey christened but haven't had the time. We were thinking of doing it around her first bday (sort of killing two birds with one stone). Will that be too late? Nickers.. Well done for nixon behaving himself for you at his.

TME.. Have heard of these but haven't seen them yet.. what do they do dufferent to the original? It was so cute. Might get Abbey one for xmas.

late night rendezvous... (as Bel so elequently put it lol) we woke up this morning both going "did we...?" or was it a dream lol we must be tired to be doint it in our sleep lol

We got our photo's back from the photograper and they are sp cute.. I will upload them soonish (when I get the chance).

Abbey's excema didn't clear up with the first lot of cream the dr prescribed so we went back.. He prescribed another one that isn't really meant for the face but is ok if we only use it short time. He wanted us to use it for a week and see how it wen.. well two days later it has all but gone.. I am so happy, her face is all back to normal.

Sorry about the rambling, my brain is all over the place lol and sorry for everything I forgot that I wanted to say lol.. I will be back on more so I can keep up better now. Hi to everyone hope you are all well.

Talk soon
    Amanda

P.S. I forgot to add that Abbey has started teething.. Can feel little bumps under her gums now. She hasn't been too bad so far just a bit more clingy and a bit more pooey lol.
    Last edited by amanda_81; October 4th, 2006 at 10:22 PM.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Morning all!

Jacci now you're in for it! He's going to be such a wiggly bum! Lol!

Amanda, can't wait to see those pics! I keep meaning to put the few that I liked on Charlie's website but have been very slack.

Amy bugger on the whole family catching the cold. It was like that here for a couple of weeks, and just sooo hard.

Abs, it's so hard when they go into their own rooms, I reckon. Hard for us, their parents, that is!

CC - I put Charlie down awake too. He grizzles and whinges a bit sometimes (not full on crying) and usually is asleep within 5 mins. I've never left to him to full-on cry, so don't think it's controlled crying. I do pick him back up if he gets past whinging and is getting upset, though, but haven't had to do that in weeks. He knows when he gets put in the cot, it's sleeping time and most times, his head is down and he's cooing himself to sleep before I even leave the room.

Solids: well I really wanted to wait until after 6 months, but Charlie had other ideas. Was mashing potato with one hand, and with Charlie in the other, when he lunged for the bowl, grabbed a handful of potato and had it in his mouth before I knew what had happened. Plus he swallowed it lock, stock and barrel. Lucky I hadn't put salt, butter or milk into it yet!

That was a couple of days ago, so I made up a little bit of rice cereal and offered it to him. Not only could he bring it to the back of his throat and swallow, he didn't drip any out. At one stage, he was sucking on the spoon, and holding on to my hand so that I couldn't take the spoon away. I think maybe he's ready to slowly start, then.

Sushee - I can only imagine how much trouble i am in for!! no leaving him on the change table now!!! I am the same as you - i have never left him to full on ball. It is so much easier when i put him to bed now - he knows when the curtain is closed and i take his tracky pants off then it is time to go to sleep.

Cousins - charlie's cousin got weighed the other day - he is 8 months old and he is 69cm and weighs 8.5kilos - i can't believe how much bigger charlie is than him!!!

Hi everyone,

Just a quick one from me as I am supposed to be working!!

Great to hear that you are all going so well!!

Jacci - Tyron rolls over all the time and it is driving me crazy at night, Monday I was up 8 times during the night to do nothing else but roll him onto his back and tuck him in!! Last night it was 4 times!!

Amanda - We have Tyorn's naming ceremony on the 22 October, but a year isn't too old, my friend just had her daughter christnened and she is nearly 2!

Sushee - -good to hear that Charlie is doing so well with his eating, I tried solids for the first time on Monday, Tyron didn't want a bar of it!!

Hi to everyone else, I wil ltry and come back on later!!

Hey all omg so sorry I have been MIA I just forget to log on here sometimes!
    declan still wakes at elast 2 times a night for a feed this is really starting to wear thin especially when it is more than that like the other night OMG I am so tired! I am still boobie feeding him he refuses to take a bottle so I have no choice even if I wanted to formula feed him, however he does drink from a cup so at least I will be able to keep him hydrated come summer!
    Declan has rolled a total of 3 times now hehehehe he can almost sit by himself and he will walk if you hold him up. Doesn't crawl yet but pushes himself right up off the ground!
    We have started swimming lessons or swim play whatever there are pics on our website if you want a look c! it is lots of fun! I go with my mums group which is a super group now all the not so nice mummies have left heheheh!
    We had our 6mth check on Friday and Declan is now 68cms long and weighs 8.4kg so he is doing well! We have our shots tomorrow can't say im looking forward to that one!
    I hope everyone is doing swimmingly well and I hope to catch up on this thread soon!

Well hi there.

I have finally gotten some me time!! - i am going to get my hair cut tonight - so that will be nice and peaceful.
    Started playing racquetball yesterday - was lots of fun first time i have every played - I actually won!!! - yeah....

Hope everyone is having a lovely day - I had a crap one doing the BAS. anyway
    Talk to you later tonight

Jac

Becky- those pics are soooo cute of Declan in his swimwear!! Nixon's first swim lesson is this saturday, we are also (like u) doing it with mothers group exept most of the dads are doing the swimming. They started last weekend but we were away. I've got him a little outfit to but all the girls said they only want them to wear the nappy?? I wanna dress him in his little rashy!
    Jacci- Yay on Charlie rolling!!! cool isnt it! Nixon has only done it 5 times (& counting!) so far. And thats from tummy to back, he still cant work out back to tummy.
    LOL Sushee at Charlie grabbing the mash potato! Nixon still pushes alot out with his tounge and only on rice cerial for now.
    Amanda- glad u had fun in Melb with your parents

went to mums & bubs movies today with some from mums group also. It was packed! looked so funny with all the prams lined up at the front! i must say considering how
    many babys there were everyone was really well behaved
    hi to everyone else gotta run cooking dh nice meal its his 30th bday today! (also planned a surprise party tomorrow night, now i have to take one of my digs for surgury as she has a huge gash on her leg (dont know what from) There goes $400......
    Geez even though it feels like bubs has always been a part of our life (In that just meaning used to preparing to leave the house well b4 we do or broken sleeps) where has 6 months gone!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast