Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born April 2006

Nickers - I had Sophie at the Mercy Hospital, Heidelberg on 17/4/2006. I live 10 min up the road so was our first choice. I see you live in Diamond Creek, did you have Nixon at the Mercy? Good to hear that you survived your first night, I was so nervous/worried/scared that night - I had no idea what I had to do!!

Hello all, good to hear bubs are going well!

Sorry for lack of personals, but have been chaos here! Still have visitors up from Perth so when they leave I will catch up properly on everyones news!

Just a quickie though, for those that have gone onto formula, did you consult your dr first or just do it? And which do you use and find the best? I am finding expressing to be a real drag now and I cant handle the constant soreness from mastitis. I am onto my second lot of antibiotics for it now

Awesome Nickers, yeah scary when there isn't a buzzer or a midwife to call, hehe. You & he will work it out, if not, there's lots of advice available, our local child health clinic helped me get us on track.

Theresa, I heard they have growth spurts at around 3wks & 6wks & that they will feed every 2hrs or so then, so assume they meant every 3wks. Funny the diff advice we all get. At least u know it's all normal. :-)

Oh dear Sooz, mastitis. The midwife at our hosp said when u feel hard/sore lumps in bb's to massage them whilst feeding/expressing/showering as it's a blocked milk duct, and to make sure bub/expresser empties the boob so older milk doesn't cause an infection & lead to mastitis (red area). Also that when someone does get mastitis that it's important to get to a GP asap as it can potentially put u in hosp, so if its a wkend not to wait til Mon. And the best way to help get rid of it is to keep feeding/expressing, but I'd imagine that would be quite painful though. Hope u work it out & manage to get rid of it.

Lisa, hope the aptmt went well.

abs Guest

Susan,
    we're using Karicare Gold - Jordy seems quite content with it... here it's just under $21/tin (we have 1/2 tin of the TRIGR formula left, but seeing he seems happy with the K.Gold, we may as well use that up now)

Jen's back is hurting AGAIN, so I've told her no more B/F'ing as its when she is trying to hold him in place that the pain begins

We haven't had Jordy weighed for a couple of weeks (Friday after Easter), but have an appt with the paeditrician I think on Thursday and one with the local health mob on the 26th

Gosh ABs, you guys are sure having some challenges at the moment! Hope things improve soon!
    Mitch - great to hear from you. Fantastic news about Alexa, keep up the good work!
    Any news on Tyron's tests?????
    My sis and her DH got home from Indonesia yesterday and are down to stay the night tongiht. Be our first o'night visitors since Caden was born, be interesting to see how it goes!
    Off to check on the roast lamb, first night since coming home that I am cooking a proper meal, DH has bee doing it all til now. See how it goes, almost feel like I am learning how to cook again, it has been a while.
    night all,

Hi everyone,

Well good news is no operation is needed, it seems that he just has really bad colic and reflux. We have put him on gripe water, losec and are also thickening his formula with guarcole which is working really well. He has settled alot!!

Sooz, we are using S26 Gold, according to the doctor at PMH, she said it was the best one to use (but then again it is just everyone's opinion!!).

Abs - sorry to hear about Jen's back, I can totally sympathise as I put mine out again and was in excrutiating pain, I hope it gets better soon.

Well I hope everyone else is well, I must say that it is just now that I am starting to enjoy my little man, don't get me wrong I loved him right from the start, but it was so hard with no sleep and him crying 18 hours a day, now it seems to be going so much better. He smiled at me yesterday and it just melted my heart.

Well have a great Mother's Day everyone, your first of many for some, I hope you all get spoilt!

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A quick hooray!!!!!!!! 5 and a half hours sleep straight last night. i actually woke after 5 hours wondering if he was alright, not used to sleeping so long undisturbed, lets hope it is the start of something wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa - that's great news about Tyron. and i can't wait until Caden smiles too, though I swear sometimes he gives us funny grins, usually about the moment he is laid on the pillow just before I start feeding him!

Well tonight is going to be my first night home alone with Caden. DH is going away shortly and I'll be all alone, a little daunting as I've had help until now...
    gotta go say bye to DH.

Hi all, I am locking this thread now & creating a new one here.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678