Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006

Theresa- WOOHOO!! on getting your pram! how exciting!! hope you got to take it for a spin this afternoon.. Glad you worked out why Georgie was unsettled, Logan is still enjoying being wrapped up too, though it is quite cool down here during the day already so I dont have to use our a/c anymore. Our little shopping adventure started well, the 1hr drive there was good but coming home was a different story, I was sooo exhausted, nearly shopped till I dropped! LOL

Nickers- Fantastic news on getting Nixon home on Thursday!! bet your watching every minute pass.... Like Joy said enjoy your sleep now while you can!

Joy-B/f in public is a fine art, even the second time round Iv'e found it hard to master once again. Being in small town Ive sussed out all the places I can go to feed, which helps.

Jacci- great to hear the nipple sheild has worked a treat!!!

Shell- How is Holly going? she sure is a little cutie! Hope your pelvis is better... Ouchie!

Abs- Great news on Jen!! Hope this is the last of it for her!!

Well not a great deal happening here except its getting cold really fast!!! was down to 0 here this morning(brrrrrrr) not the nicest weather to be up feeding at all hours of the morning! Logan has been giving us plenty of geogreous smiles!(gotta love those, even at 4am!) He is incredibly alert and loves staring at his playgym. has another weigh-in tomorrow, wonder if hes over the 5kg mark???????
    Take Care

abs Guest

Hi girls

went to make a big post on quite a few bits and pieces then Belly shut for several hours... was able to read and start writing my big post, but couldn't Post it

Ah well, Nickers YAY!!!!!!!!!!! You must be soooo excited

Things are going pretty good here again... We hired an electric pump again so gotta go use that to help increase her milk supply... not looking good, but it's only been just over 12 hours

And this working from home has its great plus, but a few minuses too... I do get interrupted fairly often when I'm in the middle of doing certain tasks, but I know the folks in Canberra are extremely happy with my efforts

just a quickie. Had Logan weighed this morning and he is now 5.1 kg at 5weeks of age!! hes gonna be a BIG boy! LOL

Theresa, hehe on eyeing off ur new toy, the pram. Yeah, a friend's baby apparently had colic & she screamed her lungs out most of the time, she too was born early (induced at 35wks as stopped growing, 3pnd). Maybe premmie baby's are more susceptable?
    As for wrapping, a nurse at our child health clinic last wk showed us a way to wrap which she said even Houdini (sp?) wouldn't get out of & it's been workin here. Lay wrap down, fold down top section so the folded bit will fit from shoulders to hips, wrap bub putting arms under the folded bits & tuck under buttocks (both sides), use a light weight fabric too so it breaths, just put warm clothes on, wrap, sheet & 1 blanket apparently. Also, she said bub's arms are across his/her chest & snuggly wrapped (not too tight) & helps prevent crying too much as she said they have to concentrate on breathing and so therefore have to stop crying, so cry in dribs & drabs & eventually go to sleep (provided not a hunger cry). Hope her info helps. :-)

Nickers, I'm still bleeding lightly (pink/red) & bb's leaking, and it's been 5wks 2days since c/s. They say up to 6wks for bleeding, have no idea for leaking (generally around feed time, even if bub asleep), I just assumed it would happen whilst still BF. Yay on being able to bring Nixon home tomorrow.

Oh dear Bel, hope everyone's feelin better in ur house soon & that u can catch up on some sleep.

Joy, u go girl. I'm still too shy to do it in public, but have been doing it at the mother's group and early bird classes.

Anna, Holly is great thnx, and I'm now feeling alot more confident at being a mum, but still learning. Pelvis improving, still not 100% but getting there. Zero degrees, yikes. Yay on the smiles, Holly has started smiling too just in the last wk. :-)

Abs, I use the Medela Mini Electric Plus double breast pump & it works a treat, only need to use it for 10-15mins each time. Got it 2nd hand (4mths old) on ebay (shell_l_d), receipt shows it was bought at hosp where I gave birth, cost of about 2.5wks of hiring one. Also heard hot showers (on bb & upper back) help supply. :-)

Darn it, what's goin on with my ticker, only ever shows 1mth, old. I'm using WYSIWYG mode & even tried re-inserting it with the Image button & pasting in the http address, but doesnt fix.

abs Guest

Hmm, didn't think of looking on eBay for one Shell

Don't care about condition, as we have all the personal parts for the Medela - just need something to operate the handpump part - bit like a bicycle tyre pump... if I still had my Meccano stuff that I had as a kid I could build one in about 30 minutes... and still remember Jen calling out one time during her having a hot shower... said it was like a 2nd and 3rd shower head

Hmm, dunno about my ticker either... the other day it was saying 1mtnh x days old... ?? Must be a problem at their end... of to have a look in a few days if it hasn't resolved itself

was planning to write personals but Caden has other ideas, currently my other hand is busy holding him while he feeds, will try and catch up later tomorrow,

night all,

Hi everyone,

Good to hear that everyone is going well.

Nickers congrats on bringing the little one home, I bet you are so happy to ahve him home!!

Abs - I hope Jen's milk supply comes back, mine has all gone and am bottle feeding.

Well my little man still has really bad colic, we spent the day in hospital on Monday as they wanted to do some tests on him, he has to go back tomorrow for an ultra sound as they think the muscle between his stomach and small intestine is narrow which could be causing the problem, if so he has to have an operation (I hope not!!).

Jacci - good to see you back you are definitely doing enough excercise for you and me so I will take it easy

Bel - hope Janae is feeling better and that Mark is over his cold!

Theresa - glad you like your pram, also good that Em likes being in it!!

To everyone else, hope you are all well and that motherhood is treating you well!!

abs Guest

Will be thinking of you and Caden for tomorrow Lisa - sounds awful

Lisa - I was going to sms you today and see how you are. Sorry to hear Tyron is still having problems. Good luck with the appt tomorrow, let us know how things go...

Janae is on the mend finally. Had another shocker last night, but she was ok today, and still asleep now, so we're praying it's over - I couldn't handle another sleepless night and having her home from daycare tomorrow - I would be a mess!

Josiah has been fantastic the last 24 hours, feeding every 4 hours, which is a nice break after having him feed every 2 1/2 - 3hours. Have yet to see how he'll go tonight though, MIL made us lunch today, which was a lovely hot curry, I suspect it'll make for an interesting night. I might just give him the milk I expressed this morning (just trying to get him used to the bottle, as much as I hate to do it so early) and save the hassles.

Anyway, sorry to make it all about me - will do personals tomorrow - off to bed now.

Bel

Hi guys....

Just popping in to see how you are all going......

We are doing really well... Alexa has now doubled her birth weight & now weighs 7lb 5oz or 3320 grams....

She is starting to sleep alot longer now going about 5 hours between feeds.... so I am only having to get up once during the night.....

For those having milk supply problems... try not to let it get you down...

My milk ran out after 3 weeks & alot of that time Alexa had been half EBM & half formula.... it is a really hard decision to make but after I decided to give up on expresing I really felt better the stress had gone... I still feel a little bad about it at times, but I think a baby with a happy mum on formula is better than a baby with a stressed out mummy!!!!!

Better go she has just woken up...

Take care guys & catch up soon....

Luv

Talking

Hi all,

Can’t believe we have all moved over to this thread!!

Good to hear how everyone is going and your own experiences. Makes me feel better to know that I am not alone with some newborn behavour.

Sohpie is a really good baby…so far! We have had some horrible afternoons where she will not settle no matter what I have done – feed, nappy change, cuddles. But thankfully she sleeps well at night and wakes every 3.5 – 4 hours for feed during the night. I have had only one bad night where she would not settle after a feed.

Feeding is going really well – she loves her feeding times and knows exactly what is coming when I lay her on the feeding pillow.

Sorry no personals at the moment, Sophie is asleep and is a great time for me to catch up on some work around the house.

Take care everyone.
    Alison

Lisa- All the best for Caden's ultrasound tomorrow, Thinking of you.

abs Guest

shell, our tickers are working again - YAY!!

We're both 1month, 1week and 1day !!

New desk arrived this morning, all setup - still moving equipment over... had to buy a new screen as the monitor was too big to fit on the desk - brand new LCD flatscreen is now in place. I have one screen/keyboard/mouse controlling 3 computers

Hope you're all having a good day...
    Last edited by abs; May 11th, 2006 at 01:34 PM.

Lisa- hope everything went aloright today, thinking of you.....
    Alison, looks like our bubs worn born on the same day! what hosp were u at?
    Mitch- well done to Alexa doubleing her birth weight! And getting up once a night is great!

Well Nixon is home!! yayyyyy how exciting, we got home about 10.30am thismorning. he has been pretty good so far, didnt get much sleep between his last feed so will see how he goes tonigt.....i would have been 37weeks today, should have been sitting on the lounge complaining how big sore & uncomfortable i am getting & instead i have this beutiful boy in my arms!

congratulations Nickers for having your beautiful bub at home and safe in your arms

abs Guest

I'll second babydreams on that - woohoooo

Must feel good to have him home now

Lisa, hope Tyron doesnt need surgery & the dreaded colic eases up.

Mitch, good to hear Alexa is well & u too.

Thnx Abs, yeah I noticed after I posted that urs wasnt workin too, so must've been tickercentral.

Nickers, that's awesome ur home now.

Our first night we survived!
    Wasn't too bad, i was getting a lottle frustrated at 4am thismorning when he wasnt feeding well, end up giving him EBM in bottle to which he took better. The nurses have told me he may need a combo of both BF & bottle due to tiring easily on the breast.
    Thismornings feed took 1.5hrs?? He fell asleep on me, ahd to wake him up, changed him, eventually got him going again by the time we were all done i had breakky about 11am! He slept well after it though.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast