Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006

Congrats again Joy :-)

Nickers, that's excellent news, will be great when u get to finally take him home.

Sooz, I hear u on gettin some sleep, yay, Holly is sleeping more at night now too, it's great.

Wow things change here in a day, new format!!!
    Susan - Caden has started in 000's. He is too long for 0000's.
    Can't wait to be able to write that we are getting more sleep, last night was a killer, Caden had some kind of tummy pain and didn't want to sleep without being held. Eventually tried boiled water, hot bath and then fed him again (4 hours had passed since his last feed) then slept him with his bed on a slight raise. He eventually slept, can't get over how helpless you can feel when a baby is in distress and you can't work out how to help!
    Abs - yes we are calling him by his third name, DH doesn't want me to post our surname so I left it out, sorry for confusing you should've written John Michael Caden M*****. Though a big give away is that his first name is DH's dad's name, second name is DH's name and third name is Caden's name. Big family tradition linking both my family and DH's family together. Hope Jordan is well, I now understand how you guys have all been too busy to post much since your babies have arrived!
    Nickers - I haven't been folllowing what has been happening with you and Nixon but from your most recent message it sounds like things are going well. Hope it continues and he is able to come home soon!!!!! As for expressing, avoiding it the plague at the moment in the hope of having my supply settle down first, too painful as it is and expressing will only increase it which I don't need!!!
    Kelly - how funny is it, Caden loves to pee when his nappy is off though it is definitely frustrating at 3am having to do a complete change. I am quickly learning to cover him with a flannel or something to catch the fountain! It is working when I remember, I swear he waits until we take his nappy away to let go. He actually peed on the midwife in hospital which I reckon is really funny considering they would be more aware of this than we are currently. Call it an occupational hazard I guess.
    Shell - ouch on the nipples, I was given a tube of Lanisoh. It is an absolute god send... maybe it would help you to get some?????????? I have been using it flat out after each feed, no need to wash it off and it has helped with any small grazes etc... still a touch tender but quite bearable.
    Theresa - I had awful trouble last night with Caden and a bellache or something, the midwives (who I spoke to at 11pm) suggest 10 - 20ml boiled (then cooled to wrist temperature) water. We gave it to Caden within a minute he was burping and farting with the best of them. seemed to really help him, I also did it again after the next feed as a preemptive strike and I finally managed to get some sleep for the night, hope that helps!
    The homehelp girl has just finished cleaning my house, it is soooooo nice to be able to sit on the couch and have someone else do the cleaning for you, though I would still have chosen to skip the cesear and be able to look after myself, my son, my hubby and my house by myself! Sucks not being allowed to even drive!
    well I'm off to my fav couch for a little R&R before Caden wakes again!
    catch up again soon-ish! Hope all are well.

Theresa - I am a bit suss of reflux here with Amber too. She has a decent spew (sometimes fully projectile) after each feed and always, without fail, ends up with the hiccups. Is it something we should be seeing the Dr about?

abs Guest

Hi Sooz

Jordy always gets the hiccups too, but might be worth talking to someone about always spewing

Well yesterday I was gonna say how much of a superstar he was... Jen came off the Nurofen Plus on Thursday night, and he went straight back onto the breast yesterday morning... Like he'd never been off it

But then last night, Jen was crying in pain again, so I really strongly told her to start on em again. She is soooo upset about not being able to breastfeed him again... It almost seems he's spent more time away from it than on it, poor little man.

I keep telling her that her priority is more for getting her back relaxed and fixed before worrying too much about the breastmilk thing (I sooo wish he was on it too, but will never tell her how much I was he was - it'll upset her more)

I learnt early on with nixon to throw something else over him whilst changing, he got himself in the face a couple of times not to mention over his clothes! It must be something to do with the air sensation or something when taking the nappy off that causes boys to pee???

Abs- sorry to here Jen is still not well, as hard as it may be she does need to get well first or she will just keep going around and around in circles.

Hiccups- Nixon gets them all the time, they don't seem to really bother him though? I have just kept him sitting up until they stop. he has started to spew a little after feeds also

Joy- Yeah Nixon came 6 1/2 weeks early and he is still in hospital, we are hoping to have him home by this time next week fingers crossed......Its almost just as time consuming going to and from hosp then having baby at home with you, only benefit is we still get a full nights sleep and i have been able to recover well from having a caesarian.
    gotta go check out the rest of this new site!

Hi all! Just wanted to pop in and let you know that I haven't forgotten about you all, it's just been a bit crazy here with Josiah and Janae. That and Mark has been off work this week, so we've been trying to spend as much time together as possible. But all should be back to normal next week, which means more BB time!!

I hear you all on the hiccups! Josiah gets them all them time, but then he got them heaps when I was pregnant too, so no worry here. He's a little grunter though. After almost every feed he grunts and groans for about 1/2 an hour before settling properly. I think part of it is that he drinks so much that he's overfull and uncomfortable - he's always ok after he's had a little spit up.

Anyway, I'll do personals next week, off to finally put a couple of pics on the website, should be there in about 20 minutes if anyone wants to have a peek.

Speak soon

Bel

abs Guest

Hi girls, yeah I know it's best for Jen, and is what I keep telling her... she still has a cry about it fairly often, but I do know what needs to be done. The round and round in circles is soo true

As for why, we dunno. She had a fairly decent couple of physio sessions, where they said they don't know why, but come back again in 3 or 4 days time... Hmmmpf. In the end it did no good at all but line their pockets with more of our money (there'll be some rebate from PHI, but not completely covered). The painkillers have been the only solution... after a few days of em it stopped. Obviously she needed to keep em going for a bit longer than she did to keep any "aftershocks" from doing any damage :mad:

But Jordy is being such a trooper. He rarely complains... more often than not you have to see if he's awake during changes (he always is, but sometimes is just soooo quiet during em). He does let the firehose loose during them sometimes too

Good to hear from a few slackers - still plenty we haven't heard from for a while. Jacci was supposed to be moving last weekend I think, so guess we won't hear from her til the net is reconnected etc. And there'll be a few others that I guess are busy enough. Guess it's only coz I work on a computer that I get to spend sooo much time here

Great news about your C/S recovery Theresa... Jen's recovery from that has also been no problem. Had to swab some brown stuff (antiseptic stuff, can't think of the name - is it betadine??) over it for a couple of days after discharge - guess the nurses were doing it whilst she was in hospital. She is a bigger girl, so her tum folded over there

She's been driving for some time. Whilst there were some 6 week comments, apparently the time depends on your car... she has powersteering and an auto, so they said 2 or 3 weeks will be fine. Check your brake pedal pressing and see how that goes... she didn't have any notion of pain when stomping on it, so was fine

As for the funny moment... as a guy, honestly, I'd say other guys will probably have noticed (depending on size, maybe even definitely have)

abs Guest

oops, by size, I meant size of the spots not you - I can see how you misunderstood that though

Well even though Jen isn't BF Jordy, she certainly is still producing it...

Unhappy

Hello to all!!!

Finally I am back online.

We have just moved house so now we are on the renovating thing again!! god i'm a gluten for punishment.!!!

Charlie is going really good. He is sleeping about 4 hours inbetween feeds. I am breast feeding and he is going really good.
    He has a lung check up next week - so hopefully theyt weren't affected by what happened at birth.
    He sleeps all the time and is really good - never cries unless he is hungry. Then he will sit in his rocker for an hour and stare at the world - then finally put himself to sleep.

I am going to do a few personals - i didn't read all of them sorry - i will keep up to date with everything now. - I am sitting here looking at my two men sleeping together on the recliner..

SUSAN Charlie didn't like his bassinette for ages - I have one of those cacoon things so i put him in that and then in the bassinette for a few days and then took him out of the cacoon and now he is just in the bassinette.

ABS- Charlie didn't like the first bath and it scared the hell out of me - he screamed - i felt so bad - he now has a shower with gavin or i - and loves it- he goes to sleep on your shoulder and loves the water on his head. When i give him a bath i put a face washer over his stomach so he feels secure and he just sits there staring around - he loves it - but if you take the face washer off - he cracks the wobblies!!!!

LISA - We had colic here for a day and it was the worst thing - i woke up in the the middle of the night balling - i didn't know how to stop it. I had the infacol wind drops but it said i couldn't use them till he was one month old. Hope everything is going good now

C- SECTION - I am doing really good with this - I had charlie 3 weeks ago and the day afer my c/section i had to drive in the car 5 hours to the royal womens and then 5 hours back again 4 days later. I haven't had any problems - i have been walking 1 hour everyday and doing about 100 situps a day at the moment ( can't believe how flaby my stomach is - its like jelly)

Anyway lovely ones - I am off to feed my little man. - i have had to express the last few days as one nipple is cracked and bleeding and you can't buy nipple shields in portland!!!! WTF!!!!! luckily the In laws are in bendigo this weekend so they are picking me one up.

abs Guest

Welcome back Jacci - good to hear most things are going great (with a couple of little hiccups along the way, which we all have in one way or another)

Jordy is loving his bath now. He had one this morning, and was happy as larry. Yep, the 2nd face washer over the chest/tummy is a great way of stopping him getting too cold

They are going out without me soon. A friend of Jen's is having her baby shower this arvo - so I'll have the house to myself for a little while. Of course, I do have work to do - especially rearranging part of the lounge... we're going out desk shopping on Tuesday arvo so I have a decent work area rather than a small desk now that I work from home

Hi all,
    quick message,
    Caden just firehosed all over DH. Dh thought he'd let Caden 'free-ball' for a while and enjoy some air on his butt, he had just peed about 10 minutes earlier, next thing DH was complaining of wet pants and had to go have a shower so I was left to fix up the little man, so funny I felt like my beely was going to pop laughing so hard!!!
    Gosh Abs - Jen's having a real time of it at the moment, really hope it improves soon. Can't imagine how hard it must be, despite the discomfort B'Feeding is sooo rewarding, my thoughts are with her!
    Theresa - C's recovery here isn't too bad. Just the odd panadol, maybe once a day??? No driving though, or lifting etc.. too painful if I try it and I have heaps of help so figure it is best to wait. My childhood friend had a c/s a few weeks ago and has been into ICU twice as she has driven and other stuff that she was told not to so figure I might take it slow. Do you guys get homehelp? The hospital organised it for me...
    Bel - Caden always gets the hiccups, even inbetween sides, makes it hard to feed at night when you have to wait until the hiccups settle before changing sides. He feeds pretty fast though, maybe a little piggy or something!
    Nickers- good to see you can find the postives, definitely must be good having sleep, one thing I miss atm!
    anyway DH just sat down to send an email, gotta go!

hi everyone soundslike you are all doin well!
    Nickers- I really hope your little man is home with you soon!!

Joy- smart move on taking it easy the last thing you want is to be back in hosptial.LOL at DH getting squirted!!

Jacci- Charlie sounds very much like Logan he is very happy just to stare at everything for a good hour, that is until his brother decides to smother him in kisses! LOL Im handling the 4hrly feeds but am really hanging out for the night he sleeps through!! although he did sleep 7hrs straight last night!!

Abs- Hope Jen is on the path to recovery from her back, Have fun desk shopping!! Thanks for signing Logans guestbook too!

Shazz- How r u going? how is Ryan!! great to see you in here!!

Sooz- how r u? thanks for checking out Logans webpage too.

All is well here starting to get a bit more organised with the 2 boys Logan is still having baths in the morning as I have enough to do at night! He is so alert now it makes it lots of fun for Jasper who sits and chats to him for ages, captured it on video will be a moment to treasure! Went shopping by myself on thursday in Toowoomba with both boys!?? it certainly was an experience! Logan was a dream but handling Jasper as well sure was a bit testing.....
    better go have some breakkie while i have the chance! sorry if i missed anyone.
    take care

abs Guest

Yay, I hope - Jen stopped the painkillers again overnight... hopefully back to BF later today

Hi all.

My mother in law brought back the nipple shield from bendigo -and OMG it is unral - my poor nipple feels soo much better.

I just took charlie for a 6 km walk - he slept the whole way.

Anyway he is crying now - better go

Jac

Hi All,

just like to share my great news that Nixon is coming home on Thursday!! im so excited, we are rooming in the hospital 24hrs before he comes home so you have a room with bubs in with you, then if u need help they are there. I would have been 37weeks on thursday so im really getting him 3 weeks early!

caesarian- I started driving 2weeks after and fine, no pain. scar is healing well, a little tender to touch in spots but otherwise ok.
    Jacci- i cant believe how active you have been doing sit ups and long walks! i haven't started doing anything yet.....
    anyone know how long you should bleed for after brith? Its been 3weeks now and im getting tired of it, wearing pads, (which i had to wear from the time my waters broke 4 days b4 havong Nixon) nursing pads cause my boobs are always leaking!

Joy, thnx, yeah I've got Lanisoh, tried it in hosp but didn't help, but tried it again the other day & it did help. :-)
    Oh & Holly too wait's for her nappy to be off to pee, luckily though it doesn't squirt upwards like boys, hehe.
    Hope u can drive soon.

Abs, hope Jen is feeling better real soon.

Theresa, hehe on the leaking, I too went out recently without pads in but luckily had a dark/patterned dress on & didnt noticeably leak. Hope Georgie doesn't have food intollerances too.

Jacci, glad the move went well & bub's is being such an angel. Wow, driving straight away & walking & doin situps, awesome. Oh no on the lack of nipple shields where u live, they're a life saver for cracked/bleeding nipples, glad u got urs now. :-)

REFLUX & COLIC: apparently reflux babies dont gain any weight, scream alot, etc, can't remember other symptoms midwife said. Misdiagnosed often & most of the time people say reflux when it is actually posetting. Same goes for colic & wind. The terms get used incorrectly sometimes, even by GP's I'm told. One is worse than the other. Holly has posetting & wind (& hiccups but they're normal). Just a tidbit of info that I have been told. Although sometimes her spew is clear which the nurse was concerned about, so to ask at the peadiatrician checkup next wk, although she is thriving in the weight dept. :-)

C/S & DRIVING: Hosp said 6wks, but I drove after 2.5wks as put pelvis out & couldnt walk to aptmts. Althouth have pwr steering, but is a manual. I use a folded up towel under seat belt, GP said ok so long as I dont twist/turn hard & fast. Although midwives were surprised at my quick recovery from c/s & were amazed I didn't need an epi top up nor pain killers, but they gave me panadol for few days. :-) Pelvis is improving too, hence can walk better now, yay. :-)

C/S & LIFTING/EXERCISING: my cuz said she popped a stitch from doing too much too soon after a c/s. We have a lightweight pram, so that makes lifting easier.

Nickers - that's fantastic news, congratulations and have a good 24 hour sleep over before he comes home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Theresa - how amazing is it that 2 weeks can see such a change, only this time last week I was not feeling in anyway able to cope and now already the world is so much more manageable. Can't wait to see how things develop with Caden as he grows each day. Sleep is coming easier though right now he is a bit unsettled, figure the morning out has upset our little routine a bit. He might just want a top up before napping, I hope!!

Well we had our first check up with the maternal and child health nurse today, all good, Caden has put onheaps of weight and she is really happy with him. We also had our first go at b'feeding public today. Really scary, one side in Bilio then the second side at Autobarn!!!!! Really funny they let me use their tea room at autobarn so that was good. At Bilo I had to sit in a seat out the front of the shop but I had on a big jacket so just tucked Caden into that and away we went. Felt a bit weird but figured Caden is more important than worry about the general population and noone could see anything anyway!
    Better go, Caden is making "I want food!" sounds.

Hi all. Just thought I'd pop in while I'm waiting for Josiah to go to sleep - he's just about there, but keeps waking himself up!

Good to hear everyone is doing well and those of u that had c/s are recovering nicely.

Yay nickers on being able to bring Nixon home! You must be so excited - I can't imagine how hard it's been for you to have to leave him in hospital for any length of time. Good luck with the rooming in - hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Theresa - glad you've got Georgie's feeding sorted, and yay for the new pram. My sister has a phil & ted and I love it - they're a great pram.

abs - hope Jen is starting to feel better and is able to feed Jordan again soon.

Hi to Jacci, Joy, Shell and anybody that I've missed. I promise I'll be on more often now - well at least try to be - Mark's back at work, so I have a bit more free time on my hands (how that works with 2 kids I don't know!!)

Anyway, gotta go and get some sleep before Josiah wants another feed. Had only about 4 hours sleep in the last 24 coz Janae was up all night vomiting last night, fine all day and then vomited again tonight - hopefully no more, I'm so knackered and I hate seeing my little girl sick. Besides that Mark is sick with a cold, so he's been pretty much out of it as well - fun times in our house atm!!

Hugs to you all and your little bundles. Speak soon

Bel

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast