Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #10

Hi!

Dylan had his needles today and was such a good boy!! Cried for a little bit but no tears! So brave! He's been a bit grizzly but nothing major so thats good! We had a good day - I couldn't get him into creche this morning so he sat in the pram while Louis & I had his swimming lesson and was soo good. Dh got home early so I could do the food shopping and when I got out it had started to rain - I was loading the car up and the wind caught the boot and it slammed on the top of my head - it hurt soooo much. I got home and had a lie down with some panadol - I had the biggest egg on my head. It's gone done quite a bit now but is still really sore. Something I don't recommend to anyone! LOL.

Melissa - Yeah - It's exciting planning a 2nd! Sounds like we may have the same age gap between bubbas (my 1st & 2nd that is!) I'm not planning on getting p/g again until next year! LOL.

Erin - It is nice when they get a bit bigger and can really start playing with an enjoying things! It all happens so quickly though...I'm packing away his bouncer and play gym tomorrow...my little monkey just doesn't use either anymore....

Kaz - I always give Dylan a toy to play with while I'm changing his bum. I'll really have to get to the expo next year I think! Sounds good! We could meet up with you in Belgrave if thats easier?? Really doesn't bother me where!

Kel - Good to hear from you!! Glad you and Lily are well! Wow at some more toothy pegs!

Best get ready for bed - sweet dreams everyone!!

Kaz we have a dinosaur that is attached to a long spring hanging above our change table & it works wonders. We just pull on it & Charlie watches it bounce up & down, also let him grab onto it. We got it in a baby shop in Perth & not that exp too. I have a spare if you are interested, the first one we bought didn't match the colours in the nursery LOL.

Kristie, you must have posted same time as me. Ouch, hope it feels better soon. I did that the other day with the Washing Machine lid of all things. Mental note "make sure lid is up properly before sticking head in" LOL.

Morning ladies!

Mel - we found a celebrant, he's actually from out Bendigo way (Sugar Loaf) - he's scottish and will be doing a handfasting ceremony for us Still trying to find a photographer though ... and a dress!

Kris - that's very silly, bumping your head like that! Hopefully it was on the way home, not on the way there.I need to book Pip in for his needles ... oooh and swimming. I have a choice between Ringwood pool (just near the railway line) or Belgrave pool (up the top of a very steep hill). Should do the Belgrave pool so I get a double workout! Never been there though ... hmmm ... its outdoors though.

I always do give PIp a toy when I'm changing him, but he grabs everything. I end up pulling his nappy, his pants, his bits .. out of his hands and replacing the toy. Evidently toys aren't as much fun as a dirty nappy!

Belgrave's fine to meet, I don't mind catching buses or trains, it keeps me active

Erin - ouch !!!! I whacked my head the other day too, DF is working on the staircase and there's a piece of wood that's at the landing at his head-height. I usually don't even duck under it ... forgot I was wearing heels and wacked it How long is the spring, it sounds like just the thing!

Anyhows, going to give Pip his second rice cereal now, then we're off to the movies and story time

Have a great day all!

Hi!

We had an interesting night last night...Dylan was very unsettled and I ended up bringing him into bed with me and at about 1.40am he was all restless so I walked around for a bit and tried to put him down in his bed and he was cracking it - then I gave him a little drink of water and he went back to sleep until 5.15am!!! I couldn't believe it - so I'll be obviously trying that again now! I fed him in bed and then we dozed until around 7.15!!
    Poor Louis doesn't seem well - he was asleep by his door this morning when dh went in there and then I brought him into bed at 7.15 and he went straight to sleep in our bed (which he never does!) and slept until nearly 9am. Poor munchkin just doesn't seem quite right - at least he had some brekky this morning though...

Erin - Oh no! Ouch...gosh we're all in the wars at the moment!

Kaz - Yeah...it was just as I was loading the shopping in...if I'd done it earlier I would have gone straight home...Ringwood pool was ok - I like the teacher a lot better at Knox leisure centre though but I guess it depends which one you get at Ringwood. The good thing is at Ringwood is that it's a nice warm pool away from the main one so it's not so crowded!

Cool - well I'm sure you can give us some ideas of where to meet - I'm not very familiar with whats there...
    As for a day - How about a Wed?? 11.30am? We could meet and have lunch somewhere?

Chat later!

Hi Everybody -
    Just logged on fast to say hi - will read posts later ok?
    Gotta go DH's mum and da coming over and I am making rabbit pies for everyone - I am scared to carve up bugs bunny (DH wrote that on the freezer bag)!!!!
    Beau is asleep so I have to make hay and all that...
    Big kisses
    xxx

Hi ladies.

Melissa, I know about dribble...we could fill warragamba dam with the amount Lily drools. I think she is getting another, or they are at least moving around in there. SHe wants to chew everything, but cries if she bites hard things. She likes to chew on me too. If she can she will bite down on any part of me she can reach, especially my cheeks, LOL!!

Kris, I'm glad Dylan was ok with his needles. We are getting ours tomorrow. I hope she does as well as Dylan did. OUCH with bumping your head like that ! Hope it's ok now. And I hope Louis is better now too.

Kaz, sounds like your going pretty well with your wedding plans. I still remember organising mine so well and we've been married for 6yrs in a couple of weeks. Hope you had fun at the movies and story time.

Jen, no offence, but eewwww at cooking bugs....my dad used to make rabbit stew and used to tell me it was chicken, being about 7at the time, I ate it. Once I realised what it was, I never ate it again. I really don't know why I couldn't eat it, I eat other types of meat and I'm not offended by that....strange really!

We are well today, except for Lil's gums hurting her, but she's only having bursts of crying then stops all of a sudden, like her gums hurt for a few seconds then it goes away, poor little monkey. We were up at 5.30 again too, and thet with me putting the dummy in a few times, I was not a happy camper! I can't wait until daylight savings, hopefully that will solve our break of dawn wake ups...
    Last edited by MrsFabuloso; October 23rd, 2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: premature posting!!

WOW!! What an hour or so I just had...

I had just left Lily on the floor on a big towel to have a nudie kick for a while. She had just had some solids and had it all over her so I just took her clothes off and thought she'd enjoy kicking on the floor....well I went to get the washing out of the washing machine and got caught up in wiping out the laundry tub after DH used it (a whole different story!) anyway she ended up being there for about 10mins on her own. I came back to check on her and this is the scene in front of me....
    She's on her tummy on the floor not on the towel, she has vomited while she was on her back, so she has spew in her hair, and she has rolled over and has rubbed her face into the vomit too, as well as her hands, so it's all over her cheeks and nose and forhead as well as in her hair. BUT to add to the scene, she has also done a wee and poo whilst laying on her back. So she has poo all over her bum, has kicked whilst on her back so has poo all over her feet, as well as rubbing it into the floor. She has probably then rolled over, into the poo. So she has gotten it all over her thinghs and girly bits too. It stinks!!! She stinks. I didn't know how to pick her up, I didn't want to touch her!! After wiping what I could of her, I gave her a bath, but I feel like I should give her another one in clean water! The lounge room now reeks like baby poop, I feel like I stink, I think I'll have a shower. EEEwwww! Everything smells like poo....

PMSL Kellie...I hope you took a photo of that! What a clever girl. I am at my mums and she looked after Olivia while I had a sleep. She comes in looking for more nappies and said she had weed all over the floor. So I go in the lounge, mum had changed her into a new set of clothes, but no nappy????? So Olivia finishes off her poo... mum chucks a spew rag under her bum... not a nappy, shes weed over her second set of clothes and a different spot on the floor!!! Lucky I had one more set of clothes and one more nappie... I have since gone and bought 3 more packs of nappies!
    Luckily she didnt get it all over her feet.... thats so funny....nice one Lilly
    Jen, eewwwwkkkk on bugs bunny, enjoy it though!
    Kaz and Kristie, am happy to meet in Belgrave and Wednesday that time is fine for me.
    Hi Erin, and everyone else, hope you are all well.

Kellie & Melissa PMSL. Oh you guys have just made my night. I was all sad that DH is on nights....again!! & Charlie has been a terror, but you made me laugh. Oh the accidents we have, hope you have written the stories down for 21st!!!

Not much to report here, Charlie has been very grizzly - not sure if due to stormy period or more teeth. Now that he's got 2 already I figure it could be that. And OUCH!!! it hurts now when he chomps on my hand. He's taken to putting his fingers in my mouth when feeding, very cute, until he pinches.
    Actually I do have news, Charlie the past 3 days has been able to sit up by himself....for a small period but still - YAY. Have been busy Christmas shopping. Still yet to get Charlie a Santa Sack but not sure which one to choose...have seen some great ones.

Kaz the spring is about, hmmmm 30cm long (approx). So we have ours hanging on a hook above the change table & he can almost reach it, but I just move it about for him. Ours is Yellow & Orange, but I have a spare blue & green dinosaur in the cupboard.

Hope everyone else is well, I'm stoked I just won a rashie on ebay ready for Charlie's swimming lessons. Though if the chick teaching insists on having them at 4am in the arvo, ahhhhh...I might not take him. DH would never get his dinner LOL. No choice on pools here, there's only one & unfortunately it's outdoors, it's very cold initially, but they get used to it.

Oh Kel, that's hillarious. If you didn't take a photo, keep this post in your diary to remind her of later in life!!!

Jen - my grandad used to make rabbit stew for my mum & her sisters during the depression ... one day mum found the rabbits had long tails, and she really loves her little cats!!!

Kris - Wednesday's great, if you and Mel are fine with Belgrave there's a cafe (Earthly Pleasures) that has a huge lawn.

Mel - Pip's the same with his gums I think, he woke at 4:44 this morning and I ended up feeding him.

I gave him his rice cereal on Monday for the first time, we had a poo on Monday afternoon but non yesterday? Am worried now he's constipated, he seem to be having the explosive farts too which is never good.

Erin - could you put something in the slow cooker that day for tea? Or something quick like snags or grilled chook & salad?

well, time to feed the boy and then hopefully he'll sleep...

Hi girls....

Yes it was funny, even as disgusting as it was I was laughing . Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a photo...I'll put this in my journal though.
    Melissa, Lily wees everytime I take her nappy off at my mums, even when I'm just changing it, she always leaves a wet patch somewhere, hehehe!!
    Erin, glad I made you laugh when you're having a bad day.

Lily just had her needles. She was so brave. She cried a little with one, but that was it...what a good little chook! Now I'll have to see how she goes today and tonight.
    Lil has sat up for a while a few times now too...but I think it will still be a while before she can do it on her own.

I was wondering what kind of routin your bubs are in? I don't really take much notice of Lil's, I just do what she 'tells' me to!
    She's still sleeping every 2-2 1/2 hrs in the day, for only 45 mins usually. If I can get more than an hour out of her, she can usually go for about 3hrs before bed again. She's still on one solids feed a day, about three table spoons. She still has bottles about 3-4hrly, meaning five bottles, sometimes six a day, depending if she wakes once or twice a night.

Ok gotta go, my princessis awake.

Kel - I'm with you in the routine, Pip sets his

It's something like this (usually) ...

wake 8:30, brekky 9am, play until about 10:30, nap
    Wake 11:30, feed midday, play until about 1:30, nap
    Wake 3pm, feed 3:30 - 4pm, play until about 18:00, grizzle until 18:30, bath, bottle @ 7pmish, story, sleep 8pm

Except today, where he woke at 4:44 and has only just let me put him down, he's asleep (on his tum) and I'm not game to stop watching him.

We just go with the flow here, Charlie & i are out & about most days....so sleeps at home when I can see he is tired. I'm lucky I can put him in bed, turn the radio on walk out & he goes off to sleep for a couple hours.
    Ah since sleeping through the night we wake around 6ish, bottle at 7am, bottle at 11ish, Solids at 12ish, bottle at 3ish, Solids again at 5ish...then it's bath, feed, cuddle & bed at 7pm.
    Depending on where we are there are a couple sleeps in there too. Usually Charlie lasts only 1.5 - 2hrs in the morning before needing his first nap, this is a 40min nap. Then about 3hrs in the arvo before having a long 2hr sometimes more or less sleep.
    So he has 4 bottles, sometimes 5 if he wakes around 4am with dirty nappy the drink gets him back to sleep. He has 2 solid feeds a day & is a little piggy. At lunch he'll eat half an avacado & still want more, long legs to fill.
    I don't know if we are doing it right, but it's working for us.

Hi!

Not much from me...I had a late night and so am really tired today...I had my sil come over so I've had a lazy day playing with the kids which was nice!

Jen - Awww the poor bunny rabbit - LOL! I'm vegetarian so I don't like any of it - My dh would have loved it though!! hehe.

Kel - Glad Lily went well with her needles! Yep, I'm feeling better - still a bit of a bump and a bruise but I'm fine! Oh no at the wee, poo and spew! gross - hehe.
    Yep - Dylan sitting up on his own - I just pop a pillow behind in case he falls backwards.
    Routine wise - He's usually up sometime around 7am, bf, solids back in bed around 9 - 9.30am, try and make him sleep for 1 1/2, 11am bf, 12pm sometimes a bit of solids - we see how we go, 1 - 2pm - down for a sleep hopefully again for another 1 1/2, 3pm bf, 6pm solids, bath, 7pm bf and bed!!!

Melissa - geez sounds like you had a messy time of it as well! hehe.

Erin - I hope Charlie settles for you soon! Yeah on getting the rashy - I'm sure he'll love swimming!
    Omg erin - 1/2 an avocado is ok - Dylan eats a whole glad container full of food - I'm not sure how much it is but it's a full one of our bowls!! LOL! He's sucha piggy - but the little monkey just burns it all off. In about 10min today he got from one side of the lounge to down the hallway and then back up towards the front door!! I couldn't believe it!! hehe.

Kaz - eww on eating the cats! hehe.
    Ooh thats exciting - Shall we meet next Wed the 31st?? Or do you want to make it for a couple of weeks?? Sounds like a great place Kaz!

Ok chat later!!

31st sounds good - if that's OK with Mel too?

I'll make sure I pop in some time this week, to make sure its OK for bubs (have walked past it many times!)

As for the little loves, you gotta laugh at the way they propel around the house! I'm already starting to "childproof" bits and pieces. Looks like I'll be replacing the glass door to the stereo cabinet soon!

Well himself finally did a poo around 2pm today, thank goodness. He was screaming so I went downstairs and returned with the bottle, he saw it and shut up, but then I caught a sniff of his bum so changed the nappy first, he screamed all the way through! But he's been happier since, it would have been from the rice cereal I think. Not sure whether to try again with him tonight for his tea, or to leave it a few days and try some pumpkin or carrot.

Now the little bugga is on my lap, doesn't want to be put down, but doesn't want to be sleepy - he's playing with the sleeve on my shirt (its a hiking shirt with thingys to roll up the sleeves, and pockets). But he seems happy and isn't screaming, so I'm happy.

Hey,
    Next wednesday is good for me, tho you'll have to give me the address....got to plan my trip! Olivia is teething, shes been putting those little fingers in her mouth and I can feel the lumps. Last night she was screaming for a while so i panadoled and bonjella'd her up and had her in bed with us for a bit. It was a bit of a late night last night as we went out for tea, so she was in bed by 1030....asleep before that tho... and slept all the way til 6am. She was grizzly too thismorning when she woke up, doing the screaming thing, chomping on her fingers. It made me so sad last night, she was so upset. i started crying. I am going to be a terrible mess if she really hurts herself!! Thankfully shes having a nap... I should be cleaning the house as I have mothers group here today!
    As for routine, Olivia sets her own. Something like up at 6amish, bottle, play for about 1hr, 8am is solids, play top up bottle, 11amish sleep for an hour. up bottle 1pm, play nap 3ish, bottle/solids 5pm, bath7pm , cuddle bottle sleep 8pm. She changes her big day nap sometimes she has it in the morning sometimes in the arvo.
    Anyway, I really should go.
    Take care
    Love Melissa

Hi!

I'm writing this from in bed...I had a rotten night. Went out to my tbs meeting last night after dinner and felt a bit odd in the tummy...by the time I came home I felt quite nauseous but just jumped into bed. Woke up at about 1.30am with a mad dash to the toilet....grrr. I so hate being sick. I've never had a sensitive stomach but this is the 2nd time this year. Although last time was definitley gastro I'm not sure if thats what I've got this time or if I've got food poisioning. I ate leftovers but I'd only cooked it the night before and it didn't even have meat in it or anything - just tofu - It was a stir fry.
    I fed dylan at around 4am but was feeling so sick I only gave him 1 side - he was happy with that luckily and was back in bed til 7am.
    I didn't want dh to go to work but he had to drop a guy off...I was upset and the poor bubbas just stayed in the lounge room playing until mum came around at about 8.30am...then dh came home anyway so luckily I've been able to sleep and just chill out. I've managed to eat a bit of banana and a cup of tea but I'm a bit scared to eat...

Anyway - sorry for my whinge - I just feel sooo horrible...

sorry for no replies - I hope your all well!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast