Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #10

Default Babies Born April 2007 #10

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in April 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your Previous thread can be found here

Hi!

OOoh I'm first! LOL!

Not much from me...Dylans had really unsettled naps today so I'm not holding high hopes for tonight! We shall see...

Kel - LOl on the camera - how cute!!!

Kaz - Oh no on the headbutting...Hopefully he'll stop it soon!! What a gorgeous piccy!

Melissa - Hope you got through all your stuff today - it was so nice in the sunshine!!

Ooh Thats right...Dylans started the whole throwing his water bottle off the highchair and waiting for Louis or I to get it for him - he thinks it's hilarious!
    and I don't know if any of you bought ball pits but I sat Dylan in ours today and he loved it! Was in there for prob about 30min and would have stayed longer but it was way past his nap time! I also have balloons in there left over from Louis' party and he loves those as well!

K - I'm off to get ready for bed! Chat later!

Hi All,
    I think the brown sugar worked...poo was much better this morning, although still dry!!!! I think my next fruit to introduce, just occassionally will be prunes Am sure I'll be in for a supprise.
    Physio went well yesterday, Olivia is doing really well despite having been in the harness all this time...so our physio says (I know she is too). At least we can see the improvement in the flat spot on her head. She sat on her own yesterday for about a minute, which was great.
    Kristie...I dont even know what a ball pit is...I can imagine it. I really need to go buy some new toys for Olivia, shes probably bored senseless. I just dont shop anymore coz i dont have any money....not working...but I should go spend some of Adams!!!!! I know its "our" money...why do I still have trouble with this after not working for the past 8 months???? Is it time for me to go back to work????? Ahhhh who knows?
    Better run, hungry moo
    Take care
    Love Melissa

I want a ball pit!!!

Well we're off to the mums & bubs expo in town today (free tix given out at Baby Bunting FYI) and then meeting my mum & dad when they come to visit. Downstairs is ready for them (mostly) - just need to quick vacuum and clean bathroom, but I do that every day so its no biggie!

Mel - I know what you mean about spending money that's "ours". I have my household budget, and if I choose cheaper cuts of meat, then I spend that on Pip. How great she's sitting on her own - PIp hasn't gotten that good yet! Have you registered for child assistance yet? It's calculated on your income, so if you haven't been working since Olivia's birth and haven't had any left-over half pay or whatever, then you may get back pay. It's worth a shot!

Kris - How hillarious! Pip's been throwing his toys off the high chair (I just put him in it so I can work in the kitchen) so I now sorta attach them with his busy rings Hope you had a great night's sleep.

Oh yeah, put Pip in his sleeping thingy last night. Little bugga scared me when I went to check on him and he was sleeping on his tummy! I managed to move him onto his back without waking him too much, but he didn't move around the bed too much last night either.

Have a good day all!
    kaz

Hey Kaz,
    We looked into the centrelink stuff when she was born, but we earnt too much, so now we are just waiting for our tax to be finalised. Might get something then.
    Maybe Pip finds it more comfy on his tummy....do u have a movement monitor that monitor thier breathing? I have one and if Livy was sleeping on her tummy I would be happy to leave her there. But I dont have any problems with her moving coz shes in her harness at night and cant move!!!!
    Have fun at the expo.
    Where abouts in Melbourne are you?
    Melissa

Yeps, I have a babysense II monitor, but I'd prefer to not put myself in a position where it could go off! I think he was trying to escape from his sleeping bag

I'm in Belgrave, about a stone's throw from Puffing Billy (that I've never been on!)

Ooooh, thinking of work, the city council childcare rang me on Tuesday and left a message - I spoke to them Wednesday morning, they're working out places for next year! We might be in with a chance - we put Pip down on the list last November when we didn't know if he was a he or a she! So maybe we'll get in there, which would be good. Else we're going to put him in the ABC - there's not a lot of choice around here. Then again, DF is doing the finances to see if I could be a SAHM full-time!

I enjoy being a f/t sahm. I did ring the council on Wednesday and equired about day care 2 days a week, so just waiting for the call back. I think my main concern is that I want to contribute to our wedding in April...it sure is adding up!!! Even if I work until then and I think I would be happy. Just takes some pressure off iykwim
    Melissa

I know what you mean there. I'm lucky in that my parents are picking up the cost of the wedding for us, but I've been looking into cafe and function work?

I'm actually amazed at how much I'm enjoying being at home with the Pip-squeak. I used to work myself ragged, juggling bits and pieces and although I had some pangs of missing the work yesterday, when we had fires in Upwey, I don't want to miss any part of his development.

Good Morning Everybody....
    Thanks so much for everybody's support - I have just put B down for his second nap of the day with one arm free - the wrap he has today is red and he look s like the dali lama with one arm out!!
    The first one was 45min so we will see how we go...
    Kris how did the other night go with Dylan unwrapped? Whats a ball pit? Am I ignorant on this??? He he! I would love you to PM me with what you are up to with settling and any tips from the nurse thanks x
    Ok Erin must get sleeping bag this weekend good plan - I should have known ages ago I think to stop as he hates it - Im giving unwrapping my best efforts! Charlie rocks - a whole week!!
    Mel - glad bubs poos are getting better - I looked up Baby Love for you the other night but was too tired to turn on the laptop - but she says diluted prune juice too and knock off the nana.
    Kaz - how was bubs at the flicks? We have a bubba session near me to - but he has such short catnaps i would be too busy entertaining him I think!
    Um also - now bubbas are moving around the cot - do you guys have bumpers?
    Kel - I hope these teeth pop up soon!!
    Ok the un wrapped creature is stirring....better go.
    xxx

Cant re-settle him - a massive 2omin sleep! God....why do they tell us to wrap these bubbas in the first place?

heys Jen

Pip seems to like the cinema, the very loud noise actually settles him quite well. I feed him before the flick, and he lasts through.

Have been considering putting on the bumpers, but I'm not too sure yet.

Jen - don't know if you've tried this, but lie down next to him on your bed and hold him close - its like a half-wrap, and settles Pip quickly, then I finish the wrap and put him in his cradle?

Hey Everyone,
    it was my birthday yesterday, I turned 32. I had the best birthday ever...really. It didnt consist of any gifts. Adam, Olivia and I went and saw the celebrant in the morning, came home and Adam made lunch. We went grocery shopping in the afternoon, made dinner together and just hung out. I love those kind of birthdays.
    How's everyone going here, its very quiet, so you all must be busy. Olivia is having a nap, and i have already stewed up a heap of fruit this morning, along with some cauli, put it all in the freezer and cleaned up. So I am just hanging about. Olivia is good. She is still waking once in the night, last night she slept with us from 2am after being awake for over an hour. I think shes teething. Anyway, its a very warm day here today, so I think I might go to the shopping centre and buy myself something, and its cooler inside!
    Take care
    Love Melissa

Hi!

What a busy weekend!! Parties galore - fri, sat & sun!...all good though but I'm glad to have a rest through the week - I just booked in too many at once! hehe.
    Boys are well...Dylans a little terror - I'm starting to be able to play little games with him now which is great - I say here comes the spider and tickle him and he laughs so much! He also love me dropping a little soft teddy on him for some reason - thinks it's hilarious!! LOL! He's sleeping a little better again at the moment but not great...But at least he's sleeping! hehe.

Melissa - Yeah on the physio appt! Thats great. The ball pit I bought cost $10!! It was on special but they're super cheap anyway. It's just like an inflatable baby pool with some balls in it!
    Oh dear - I hope you move past the "his money" thing soon!! LOL - That wouldn't last long with me at all - I don't care whose money it is I'll spend it! hehehe. Although when dh and I got together we were 17 and we just merged out money straight away as we both had nothing iykwim?? Plus, it's not like your just going to go out and spend it all on yourself - it's for your baby!!! That comes under a completely different category in my eyes - and I have more fun buying for them than me now anyway!
    Plus - you've got a full time job now!!
    Happy Birthday!! for yesterday! I'm glad you had such a nice day! Sounds like you guys are going really well!

Kaz - Did you enjoy the expo? My sil went and said it was really good...I'll have to go next year!
    I think once they're rolling over it's ok for them to sleep on their tummies cos they can roll off?? Maybe?? could be wrong. Dylan sleeps on his side or back but the occassions he's rolled on to his tummy he just usually cries for me to get him. I've got one of those roll things that stop him mostly though...
    Would be nice if you could be sahm but you do what you need to do. It's always nice to have a bit of an outside interest for yourself as well.

Hmmm...I'm thinking we should arrange a get together soon - I'm only in Croydon, Mel - your in Springvale? and Kaz your in Belgrave...I'm sure we can find a central sort of place to meet up!! What about Knox??
    Is anyone else close by??

JenSam - Awww - I have the cutest image of beau with 1 arm out! hehehe.
    It's such hard work isn't it when they're terrors to settle. I think persistance is the key though. Dylans fully unwrapped now and although he's not sleeping the 6-7h stretches he's not sleeping any worse either. I'm really lucky I stopped because it's been so hot the last couple of days here and he would have been so uncomfortable with a wrap. He snuggles into his roll thing still though. Is he putting himself to sleep or are you rocking him etc? If he's not thats what I'd focus on for sure...putting him down awake and getting him to sleep that way...The other thing is - I think 6 months was a stormy unsettled time as well?? Dylan had a few days there where I was tearing my hair out and he seems to have calmed down a bit again now! LOL on the ball pit - I think I've described it above! hehe.
    On the bumpers - I don't think your meant to have them as they're a sids risk - it think? I never had one with Louis...

K - must go - I'm sooo tired and the house is a pig sty! Chat later!

Thanks for the birthday wishe, I had such a good day....another good day today. Ads and I talked again about when to come off the pill...so its definately December and we will see how we go from there. I know I have to get over the money thing....just been so independant all my working lfe, just having a little trouble adjusting but I will get there.
    I would love to meet up with melbourne girls...Thursday arvos are out (mothers group) and I have swimming tuesday am but we finish by 10am...other than that....I am free and I drive..anywhere
    better go to bed while Livs asleep...
    Goodnight

Hello everyone

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Melissa, glad to hear you had a good day.

Jen we bought some bumpers before Charlie was born not realising you are not supposed to use them, made me mad when I found out as I thought then why do they sell them!! Oh well. Anywho, Charlie moves around the cot so much he was getting legs stuck during day sleeps so I just invested in another sleeping bag & use it during the day too. That way he can't get his legs stuck. It obviously doesn't bother him if he hits the side as he's all over the cot. I didn't want to use the bumpers as he moves around sooo much I worry he would move to the side & bury his head. Also they tie onto the cot with a bit of ribbon, Charlie plays with anything he can find so i would be he would just play with the ribbon & not sleep. I have a giggle when I check on him before I go to be as he is usually sideways, or right up one end. I will not be wrapping bubs no2 when that day comes that's for sure!!!

Charlie cries out if he ends up on his tummy, so not something I've had to really stress about. I enrolled him in Swimming lessons today, but the silly lady running it had her kids 30yrs ago & don't think she remembers what it's like to have a bubs, as she wants them to be around 3pm in the arvo...ahhhh!!! Charlies arvo nap time & then he'll be stuffed when he gets home, want to sleep & be up late at night. If they were in the morn it would mean he would have a great day sleep.

Kristie we bought Charlie a ball pit, I got it on Ebay. It's an inflatable Fire Truck...very cute & can be used as a pool too. Can't wait to get it out, but will have to wait til Chrissy. At the indoor play cafe we go to on Thursday's they have a big kids pall pit & a real little one for babies. As Charlie has started to sit up I put him in it the other day & he loved it...so will do that more often now. It's actually nice to be able to join in a bit more in the play area than just go for the coffee LOL i still love that too.

Ok, better go...house is a mess. Hi to those I've missed. Charlie still sleeping through, YAY and not being wrapped is great. I'm starting to wonder if perhaps I'd un-wrapped him sooner if he would have slept through then, as he is always asleep on his side so I figure he's much more comfy. Hmmm, guess I'll never know. Although Jen if being wrapped helps him sleep better then I would prob stick with that. I reckon if he wants to more around etc then one day it will just click that arms out are better. Have you tried wrapping but not tight so he can wriggle out? or giving it to him to play with or cuddle? Just some things that I tried here....hope it all works out for you.

We

Hello ladies!

How exciting for you Mel, glad you enjoyed your b/day! And planning #2, yay!

Jen - there's a wrap method that one of the ladies at my mum's group uses that's designed for bubs that roll, it all undoes when they're on their tum.

Erin - isn't it hilarious when they move around the cot? And I'm with you on the bumpers too, why do they sell them?

I really have to get some posters or hang a mobile over the change table, the little terror is grabbing and trying to chew his dirty nappy

Kris - loved the expo! Bought a tupperware thingy that you put shapes in, a mirror to watch him in the car seat. Lots of free samples too!

Any meet up I'd love, I don't have a car but can catch a bus down to knox, not a problem. Or a train to Eastland

Now to try to find a celebrant & photographer for the wedding! Have a good day all.

Hi everyone,

Glad to hear everyone is going well!

Melissa, Happy birthday for the other day! I'm glad you had a lovely day

We are going well too. I think Lily might be getting her top teeth though as she's waking 3or so times a night again, and her gums feel swollen. She won't let me look into her mouth anymore and clamps her gums shut little bugger! She has been having good day sleeps though so I can' t complain. TOday she slept at 8.30- 9.30, and 2.00-3-30, and she's asleep again now probably for a cat nap, and then bed time between about 7-8pm. She's been a bit grumbly today, though nothing too bad, she's still a happy camper most of the day.

Ok gotta go fix dinner, we're having a bake...in this heat!!! DH requested one....

Hey Kaz,
    When are you getting married? I know a celebrant and shes also given me the name of a reasonably priced photographer. I think they are both in the Eastern suburbs...Rosanna.
    Kellie, more teeth, what a champ. We have no teeh but bucket loads of dribble and a love for bitting down on my chin...ouch!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast