Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #11

hehe Jen - Pip keeps getting fluff in his snot and getting dried up his nostril, hates it when I pull the fluff out!

Bought Pip an infant-sized santa hat yesterday, it's a touch too small for him!

Ack, munchkin just woke!

Hope everyone had a fab chrissy,
    ours was nice ... I have hust re-arranged Beau s room to fit all the new toys. I think we have every fisher price toy on the market eeks! He is very interested in the balls and boxes that come with them and he likes his standing play table....but daddies watch and the rubber door stop/ wedge is still the best toy ever!
    His nose is better and snotty eye less gloopy thank god, on Chrissy nite he woke at 2am and wouldnt go back off after pats, water and cuddles, then his dad comes in after laying in bed pretending to be asleep for about an hour of this -grumps "just gethimup and feed him or something" so I handed him B and went back to bed! Men,Why are they soooo annoying?
    Ok that was my only Xmas whinge so I think thats ok.
    Big cleanup around the house today so best be off.
    x

Good morning girls!

Well we had a lovely chrissy. Lily was good and very sociable, no tears for all of the new faces, thatnk goodness. We saw all of the people we rarely see and Lily had fun with her cousins! I have a 13yr old cousin who was absolutely smitten with Lil and carted her around everywhere!
    Lily didn't get too much which was what I asked for. She got a few toys and mostly clothes, which she needs as she now in a size one! She got some money too which I will put into her bank account. I got heaps of stuff...waaaayyy too much, but it's nice to be spoilt. I told mum (and the rest of the family) that I'm pg. Mum was surprised, but very happy. I got lots of 'Well you two didn't waste anytime' s which I am getting sick of hearing!

Jen, good on you for handing B over to DH, they can be rather clueless at times huh? I will be doing that tonight, I'm sooo tired and I think I'll sleep for half the day!

I hope everyone else had a great chrissy and safe long 'weekend'.

hehehe Kel!

Can't believe Lil's in 1's already!

Pip got spoilt rotten by my parents, aunt and us - and not so much by DF's family (which is good).
    All I wanted was a set of bathroom scales (which I got!) with fat % on them - very scary!

Pip was passed around again, and they did the "queue" for holding him. Poor chappie! Christmas day was ... busy for him. He only had a 45min nap on DF's lap in the morning (instead of 90mins) and about another 45mins in my arms (instead of 2 hours) and we couldn't get him to sleep at all on Christmas night until after midnight.

Thank goodness he actually had his naps yesterday, but as Mum & Dad are staying here, he's not getting a chance to play on the floor which he loves doing. Last night he wouldn't go to sleep until he played a bit on the bed!

He had his first meat yesterday - some smoked baked ham that I made - I just held a little piece in his mouth, expecting him to just lick or suck it, but he chewed and swallowed it, then made a huge grab for more! Very impressed with him!!! It was a lovely ham, just melted in the mouth, not too much fat at all in it. And I baked it with a maple syrup and bourbon glaze, so it was very sweet.

Poor you Jen, I hope you got some sleep (and your DH got B to sleep!)

Have a good day all!

We had a good day. Phoebe got spoilt rotten. It was pretty quiet for us. Phoebe seems to have bonded with my little bro a little. Before she used to scream if he looked at her and now they are on speaking terms lol

She gave us a fab chrissie present, she started commando crawling YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! Now tehre is no stopping her and the dogs are no longer safe at all hehe

Jen-I totally agree with Kel -they are soooo clueless.

Catch ya's all later xoxoxox

Hi!

Just a quick one frome me!!!

Merry Christmas!!! Sorry I've been mia!

We had a great one - I will endeavour to reply to everyone and fill you in our happenings tomorrow. We're up at Bonnie Doon which is sooo nice but I have a rotten cold - grrr!!!

Just wanted to quickly pop in though!!

chat later!

Gday all,
    Well the culprit of Beaus snotty nose has appeared - another tooth! Next to his big upper ones - explains his wakefulness the past couple of nights too.
    Glad Kaz, Kel, Kris and Tiff that you guys had a great chrissy.
    x

We've got new teeth too, one on the bottom and one on the top. We now have a total of 6teeth and if her mood is anything to go by for the last day or so, I'd say she'll be getting more soon!

Yeah Kel so much for baby love (i do love that book but) saying that it doesnt influence their behaviour/sleeping....how can we all be wrong??? Hope you are coping ok in the heat with lil' lil!

Hmmm, no lil' Lil is being a lil' monster! Shes a sooky clingon and won't let me go. I'm home alone and have no car and DH is on night shifts for the next four nights, so it will be on for young and all here.... Thankfully we have air con, and it has been on for a while now, so the heat isn't a problem. Being pg now I can't stand the heat, I'm usually quite a cold person and don't mind the heat, but when pg, I get really hot. We're gonna have a huge electricity bill!

greets ladies.

go the clingon!

Pip is suffering "grandparentsgoneitis" and is trying to get back into a routine.

He now crawls heaps!!!!! DARNIT!

I can sympathise Kaz, Lil is still being horrible and is sooking right now but I needed to get her off me! She can whine at the TV for a bit. She's also crawling and is hurting herself left right and centre. This arvo she bumped her nose on the floor then followed it up with a bump to the lip with her teeth grazing it inside. That's making her even grumpier!! And she decided it would be fun to be up for 1 1/2 hrs last night from 3.45am, as well as two other wakings and woke for the day at 6.30. Needless to say I am TIRED! OK shes crying now, again... we're going out for a walk!!

Oh girls I can soooo sympathise. Phoebe has been such a umbilical bub of late. Wakings are frequent and early rises UGH. Steve is home though for another week so he takes her when she's willing to go to him I think I canfeel a lump on her gums so fingers crossed it might be a toothy.

Hi All,
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. We just got back from camping at walkerville...was so lovely, although Olivias routine was stuffed and for the first 3 mights she was up screaming for an hour in the middle of the night...very trying as you couldnt do much but rock her. We had a lovely chrissy, and she too got spoilt. And while we were camping, she started crawling....since shes been home shes found daddys laptop on the floor...and shes on her knees in the cot.
    Well, better go and sleep. Chat soon
    Love Melissa

Hi!

Happy New Year!!

We're all well! Dylans just being gorgeous - he's had so much fun up at Bonnie Doon playing! We've had the baby pool out which he loves and he's fully pushing Louis' 4 wheeler around and walking around everywhere! I really think he'll be walking in the next couple of months the little cheeky!
    Louis has had a ball as well although everyone else went home today and they've both been so feral...We're heading home tomorrow after a trip to Mansfield Zoo to see the Lions and kangaroos! Louis is very excited - hopefully we can head out early before it gets too hot!! It's been sooo hot up here!!!
    I think it will take a few days to get back into a good routine!
    I'm pretty much all better luckily! Had a great new years last night!

Jen - Wow on another tooth! Dylan still has no sign of any arriving soon! hehe. I'm happy about that though as he's given me a few little nips while feeding lately! LOL! Would have been a lot worse with some sharp toothy pegs! hehe.

Kel - Congratulations! How exciting!!!!!! Wishing you a happy & healthy p/g!!! It will be great having the kids so close together!! Louis and Dylan are gorgeous together as I'm sure your bubbas will be also!!!
    Wow at 6 teeth as well!
    I hope she settles down for you a bit...1st tri is so hard as well feeling so tired and you won't be getting the sleep you used to before kids!! It definitely makes it all harder.
    Dylans quite clingy as well...he's so cute though trying to get attention - he fully waves and sounds like he says hi! hehe. He also claps his hands heaps and gives everyone his cheeky grin! So cute!
    We had Dylan up for nearly 2 hours the other morning - from about 12.30am-2.30am - we just ended up doing controlled crying because nothing was working - cheeky bugger - It was horrible though...

Kaz - Yeah on the crawling!! How fun!!! It certainly keeps you busy!! Although we're ok at home now - there's not much I have to worry about being here at the PIL I have to watch him sooo much more which can be draining....Wait to they all start walking - LOL!

Tiffanny - Geez we've all got these clingy bubbas then...they should grow out of it soon...all I can remember is that Louis seemed to settle right down around 9-10months - sleep and everything....but then it does feel like a long time ago and you forget so easily!!!

Melissa - So glad you had a great time!! Yeah at her crawling!! Thats great! It's so hard when they're in a different environment - they always seem to be a bit more unsettled....

K - better get off to bed - I didn't get much sleep last night!!! Chat later!

Hi all....just a quick question if anyone can help me out...have posted it in the conception discussion thread too!

Last night after squeezing my nipples( i do it to see if I have any milk left...and the last time i did it was ages ago) I got clear stuff out of one side and milky out of the other...its still there today. Quite strange coz I havent had anything for at least 3-4 months. Is this a going off the pill thing or could it be a very very early sign that conception has happened???? Am due for af in 10days i think....mmmm way to early I think. I have a HPT but wont use it now coz its too earl...just miffed!!

Hi!

Melissa - I'm really not sure...I don't know whether you'd get anything happening so early in p/g iykwim? Hope it is for you though!!!

Well, we took the kids to the zoo - it was so great - you can feed the deers and kangaroos and camels etc. Louis had a ball. Poor Dylan was just super hot though I think...he really doesn't cope with the hot weather that well...he was just sweating! I think he was quite interested in the animals though...
    I think he's getting close to starting to say some words...When he waves not it really sounds like he's saying "hi" or "hey" and just earlier it so sounded like he was trying to say "dada" a bit hard to tell though whether it's just noises at this stage or they're trying to name something iykwim?

Anyway...driving home tonight - I'm so tired though...I'll leave just after dinner and it's about 1 1/2 home...should be a cruisy drive home though hopefully...

Chat later!

Hi everyone, got to be quick...using "dial up" ahhhhhhh how did we ever survive on this for sooooo long!!!

Sorry can't reply to all. Still away on Holidays having a great time. DH is home, but I've stayed in SA for some time out & loving it. Charlie is the centre of everyone's attention & they keep saying the can't believe how happy he is....so I suppose I haven't done too bad...LOL.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Charlie was so well behaved over Christmas, slept for 3hrs on Christmas day YAY, but up a couple times during the night as the house was very noisy with drunks, he,he. He was spoilt & has some very cool toys...I esp love the leather "Mr Men" he got. He now crawls, but hasn't realised he can go into other rooms very funny, ooooh & 6teeth here too. I'm very proud of how he's behaved as we've been all over SA recently.

Big news here, DH has just accepted new job & we are moving from WA to QLD...also selling out house & buying in QLD as we really want to stay there a while & I don't want to rent...so all very scary.

OK, must go. Hope you are all well. I will try & read everyone's post when I get a faster line the doesn't drop out all of the time ahhhhhh!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast