Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #11

Default Babies Born April 2007 #11

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in April 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your Previous thread can be found here

I'm first! I'm first!

Well mothers' group was horrid, today was horrid.

Himself screamed most of the day, and I got lost trying to walk to MG. I could see the house I wanted to get to - there was just a creek in the way! And I got there with only 2 people left and was given a lift home so I didn't get to chat with many of the mums.

Erica - welcome back !!! If I see Chrissy stuff I'll let you know, it's coming out here. What size / style are you after?

Mel, I put Ben in a sleeping bag or Gro-bag when it's cold, but at the moment he's just sleeping in a wondersuit with a sheet over him. His room stays around 24 degrees and he's never under the covers when I come in the morning so it doesn't seem too cold. He always has a limb sticking out in the morning when he's not in a bag. Doesn't seem to bother him too much, in fact this morning he though it was a game when I was pushing his leg back through to lower the side and kept sticking it back through the slats and laughing!

Kaz and Kris, it's good to be back. I didn't realise how much I missed this place. I don't have any pics of Ben, my computer is ancient and all the photo websites go weird on my 'puter. I might be getting a new one soon though - fingers crossed!

Disgirl - try the photo gallery here, it rocks!

Thanks Kaz! I just uploaded my first pic and I'm sure I'll do more soon

Hey Disgirl, bens a cutie...where was the swans outfit?!?!?!lol
    You motivated me to put some pics in the gallery. All is good here, sleeping is better, now I have worked out what I am doing.
    Off to a friends house this morning, so better move
    Have a good Sunday
    Love Melissa

HI Everybody...
    Well we have amazing success here with Beau's sleeping!!!!! He has whinged in the middle of the night (dont even look what time) for about 5 minutes for the last three nights then sleeps till 5:30 - 6 ish!!!
    I cant believe the amazing difference...just one night of crying now hopefully the whinging will subside to nothingness...and he gets into the most adorable positions.
    Hey Disgirl so good to hear from you! I have often wondered how you and Gigi are goingaswell, Ben sounds like a real champ.
    Erin - Peter Alexander have Xmas onesies....you can order on line too.
    Hi to everybody else and glad sleeping is going better for you Mel. Congrats Olivia on being harness free, she is going to have to get used to her new freedom now hey?
    Got to get going and do some housework, just had breakfast out after B went back down for a 2hr nap! Crazy! I was going to get a sleeping bag for him this weekend but now everything is going so great in the cot area (!) I dont want to give him another thing to get used to IYKWIM??
    Have a great Sunday.............
    Last edited by JenSam; November 25th, 2007 at 10:23 AM. Reason: too many exclamation marks

HI girlies,

Just a quicky from me, to tell everyone that we have two new teeth!! Lily now has her top and bottom two teeth, too cute!

It explains why she's been a pork chop for the past few weeks...

Ok gotta go and get back to the studying, one more day to go until my exam....ooooohhhhh I'm so stressed out and nervous! I haven't done en exam in years! (I'm getting soo old!! )

Hi to everyone, hope all is well with you and your bubbas. Happy Sunday

Hey Jen I've been on the website & can't find any christmas pj's...if you find it can you msg me the details. Thanks. Congrats on the good sleeping too, hope it keeps going well. Things have gone a little pear shaped here in that dept since going on hols, think we may have to do something about it.
    Charlie is a size 1 as he has such long legs, since I don't see shops that often up here LOL...if anyone finds any cute ones, either onesie or 2piece I would love it if you could let me know.

Kellie, wow on the teeth..isn't so cute when they start biting chunks of food off with them. Charlie just has the bottom 2, but has figured out how to get a hunk of biscuit in his mouth.

Charlie had his last swimming lesson today & got his first ever certificate....so cute. There are more coming up in Jan/Feb that I think we will go to also. He loves the water, so think we'll be going to the pool much more than we do now, esp now that it's climbing to over 40 each day...ahhhh. Will have to check out pics in the photo gallery & upload some new ones. Got a great pic of Charlie stuck under the couch today...pmsl.

We had our 8 month check up, because that right, the little tacker will be 8 months this Saturday. Olivias weighing 8.3kgs and is 68cm (am hoping she grows a bit and gets her dads height). Alls good on the development front and we are going to do finger foods and toast and start feeding her basically what we eat....bar my big blobs of chilli i like to add to my food
    And for me, well, its been 9 weeks since I started my diet/health kick and so far I have lost 5.5kgs.YAY. Will keep on the wagon up till Chrissy and beyond...till I get pregnant. This time tho I will try to not eat too much crap and stay away from the strawberry milk!
    Congrats on Lils 2 new teeth, Livvy doesnt have any and the health nurse reckons they r nowhere near erupting, a little lumpy, but thats it!
    Am going to have a nana nap....then possibly muster up some enery and enthusiasm to look at my plentiful supply of tomatoes and re stake them (not hard but couldnt be bothered)
    Hope you are all doing well...Hi to all...sorry to talk about myself!
    Love melissa

Greets Erin - there's a thread somewhere (here!) with stuff on some outfits.

I just bought Pip a "all my mum wants for christmas is a silent night" shirt from Big W

Mel - woohooo! that's great re her feeding!

And today Pip is 7 months old! Geeze time flies!

LOl Kaz I bought the same T shirt for Phoebe last week and now I'm making her an elf outfit to have her santa photo's

Tiffany - where did you get the pattern for the elf outfit?

Mel, Ben's only got a Swans bib, pants and hat and he's outgrown the hat. I've already bought some red and white pants for next season
    Congrats on the good check up, and a big CONGRATS to you on the weight loss. You've inspired me, I'm giving up the biccies, chocolate and lollies (I'm a HUGE sugar junkie) and will replace it all with fruit. My slow return to fertility probably has something to do with the 5+ kgs I've put on since having Ben. I've never been this big before. I hated being pregnant, but I can't wait to do it all again - I must be nuts!!!!

Jen, congrats on Beau getting his sleep sorted! I can understand why you don't want to go with the sleeping bag now, you don't need to fix what aint broken

Kel, four teeth! Wow that must look so cute! Good luck with your exam.

Erin, Charlie sounds like he's going to be a tall boy! Ben's a real water baby too, so we'll be spending a lot of time in the pool this summer. Poor boy will be dunked in 30+ and covered from neck to knee though since he's practically albino 40 degree days?!?!? I don't know how you cope!

Yesterday we had a rotten day. Ben slept twice all day - even with swimming thrown in there. Each nap was only half an hour long too. Today he more than made up for it though, with three one and a half hour sleeps which is a lot for him. I try not to complain though, he's sleeping at night and that's the main thing.

Ben's just started the more chunkier food rather than pureed and is gagging a lot. Is that normal? He loves the slimier stuff like pasta, but has a bit of trouble with mashed carrot and other vegies. Dinner time is starting to get messy, but I guess that's to be expected!

Kaz- Between my mum and my grandmother we have come up with one of our own. My gran helped alot as she used to be a seamstress and had made basically all her childrens clothing. All we've done really is made a little waist coat, a skirt with a zig zag edge, boots amd a santa type hat in green material and I bought a bonds red and white stripped jumpsuit to put underneath. I hand stitched on some red and gold banding rope and a couple of big gold buttons on the waistcoat. I've still got my eyes peeled for something to put on the skirt and hat though. Also I noticed in my local country Target today that they have little santa suits and more chrissie clothing in as well as santa and rudolf bibs.

Hey Disgirl,
    I have the same problems with Olivia and chunky food, she just gags on it. I think its ok, they just have to get used to chewing it, so i sit there and chew with her. This evening I gave her some mince and I had to turn her over and slap it out of her:0 I still give her some pureed stuff but have started using the vegi masher now.
    Hope your weight loss goes ok, basically I know if I eat loads of carbs...which I did..I keep the weight on. I eat the occassional bit of potato and pasta, but stay away from bread. Chocolate and icecream, well thats out too, but I decided that I can have a muck up day per week, but I dont go overboard. Exercise, well if I did more of it, I would be fine, but am good at excuses, so I try my best!!! Good luck with your returning fertility!!! Trying again???? We will be after Christmas..hopefully it doesnt take another 8 months to fall again, but am happy to keep practicing
    Hope everyone is well...havent seen Kristy for ages, hope shes ok.
    Take care
    Love Melissa

I still can't find any pj's but never fear...I have a friend heading to Cotton On for Kids on friday for me & hopefully will find something & post it up. Just hope she gets a big enough size, the sizes are small there & she doesn't have kids LOL.

Charlie has a Santa Rocks tshirt he will be wearing to the DayCare Chrissy show fri arvo & a Merry Christmas one from the MIL he'll prob put on for Carols on Sun night. We are soooo busy ATM, 3 Chrissy shows, a baby shower, a clothing show, Library, Mothers group Chrissy lunch & the list goes on!! but I love getting out of the house, or I would go nuts up here.

OMG tiffany that sounds amazing, all I did was pop a hat on Charlie & take a heap of pics. I had always visioned putting my bubs just in nappy & santa hat on a red rug with tinsel & so on - but he's too big for that now, he'd just eat the tinsel.

Disgirl, yep very tall boy here I think...though not sure where he gets that from must be the milk man!

Isn't Christmas sooo much fun, I just got Charlie's Santa sack in the mail today. After taking soooo long to choose the one I wanted, I'm very happy with my choice. No probs here with chunky food, Charlie would never eat the pureed stuff, he'd just blow bubbles with it. So we've been doing chunkier bits from day one. I grate the vegies as the cook quicker & then kind of chop with the fork whilst still hot. Charlie at mince last night with some of that baby pasta & tonight he had apricot chicken with rice. We are starting to give him what we eat. Anywho, got to go, making some Chrissy Deco's.....hope everyone is well.

Tiffany, that outfit sounds so cute! Aren't you clever making it by yourself? I can knit, but my sewing skills are limited to making the dog's bed

Mel, Yup, Ben had his dad in a panic at dinner with the gagging, but I'm getting use to it. Yup, we're TTC right now, but since I'm BFing, I've had no sign of AF and I don't know when I will I really don't want to go back to work, but financially it's not possible. If I am preggas though, I only have to go back until I'm 20 weeks and then I can go on paid maternity leave again.

Erin, Chrissy is fun! I love it and can't wait to see Ben in among all his pressies. We've already had our Mother's Group Chrissy party and Ben was really interested in the present....well the wrapping anyway Mum's bought him a 'Baby's first Christmas' santa hat and bib and I got him his 'Baby's first Christmas' tree ornament from DisneyWorld so I'm happy

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast