Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #11

Hi everyone,

Well we just had a few days at mums again while DH was on night shifts. I just can't cope with Lily at the moment on my own! I am so short tempered, tired and grumpy and my poor little monkey is still teething really badly. She's so clingy still and just whinges all day, its horrible and I'm losing my temper at her. Then I get the mojor guilts . She's been better today, and slept pretty well last night thankfully.
    She's had a big developmental spurt and can now wave, blow kisses, clap, crawl (properly) like a demon, and say mum/baba/girl. All in the last week or so! Maybe that's partly why she's so grizzly??

Kristy, I don't blame you for trying CC, sometimes there's just nothing else to do but leave them to cry it out. I have been tempted in the past few weeks, especially as my back gets even more sore with pg and she's getting heavier, and my belly gets bigger, it's all just getting pretty tricky now!
    Glad to hear you had fun while away. We're going to Qld in a few weeks to see DH's parents for the first time in a few years! They will meet Lil for the first time too, it's all a bit exciting

Melissa, I think it may be a bit early for any noticable changes with pg, if you are....but then again it's all related to hormones, so who knows? I have had alot of colostrum lately and I haven't bf for about 3months. Though I still had a bit of milk before I got pg too. Good luck, I hoep it means you'll have a bfp!! How exciting and torturous for you!

Tiffany, I hope Pheobe has settled for you and gotten her toothy peg. I hate these teething times, it really sucks!

Kaz, I hope Pip has settled for you too.
    I wanted to ask you how you are going with your cloth nappies? I am going to be getting some to try out in the next few weeks, I already have a Cute Tooshies bamboo delight and cover coming and I will get a few others to try, any suggestions?

Well to everyone else, I hope your bubbas are all being little angels for you and thet you are all well. Chat soon,

Kellie

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD afternoon ladies!

Erin - how exciting, whereabouts in QLD? And well done on your little man, what a trooper!

Kris - Pip isn't too good with the heat either. hehe, when he cries cause he's hit his head or something, the only things that will distract him long enough to stop crying are (in order) : ****atiels, chickens and mirror with Mum!

Kel - I'm loving the nappies! My serious advice though would be to get a "little squirt" which is a hose thing that attaches to your loo. To hose off the poo. I don't have one yet and it's rather gross rinsing them in the bathroom sink ... My other tip is ... take Lil's measurements, they mean more than weight. Rise is from start of bum crack to belly button and waist is where you want the nappies to sit - actually, look at where the nappies sit on her and take the measurements to those points. Rise nekkid for fitted / prefolds / AIO and rise over sposie for covers. And join us in the Cloth Nappies thread!

Us : well he's having proper conversations now. I have no idea what he says, but he means it He'll also mimic us - two wacks on the ground with our hand, or two "ba ba" or smiles / grins etc. Also I'm starting to say "no" to him (particularly when he's pulling my lips or wriggling during nappy change).

He's also pulling himself upright on me too And climbing! He climbed over his rocker thing and today tried to climb up the bouninette onto the sofa. ARGHHHH. I need more birds!

Mel - I hope this is a BFP for you! WOOHOOO if so!

(now, I just need to seduce my HTB)

dream pretty all.

Hello all... I still have leaky boobs but it IS way to early to tell...but it is very exciting. Although I am listening to Kel say how hard it is and it sounds all scary...but I still want it
    Hey Erin, sounds like you are happy with the move...congrats.
    Kristy, I sometimes do cc but am not too good at it...good luck. And this heat, wow. We were down at Walkerville over New Years and it was boiling, so I can only imagine how hot it was in Bonnie Doon.
    Kaz, wow on the conversations. Its so cute. I tryied the cloth but was not successful due to many things...harness, df refusing to change them coz they were too hard with the harness (bambino mios) and the fact that it reminded me of working in a nursing home...not my thing. Good on you though for doing it.
    As for us, Olivia has been wingy today...teeth, she has bucket loads of drool. Shes proper crawling...didnt do the comando thing and shes pulling herself up on her knees and trying to get up unsuccessfully. Lots of bruises and crying from falling I am also having to so no too her as she is getting into everything. Shes figured it out quickly. Shes back into her routine after a disasterous time camping.
    Anyway, hi to everyone...
    Chat soon
    Love Melissa

Awwww, Mel, it's not that bad, I'm just a big sook!! And Lily has been so difficult these past few weeks with her teething. I bet this is nothing compared to when it's born and having two to run after, hehehe!! It's just these first weeks when you're soooo indescribably tired and feeling sick. When that's all over I imagine all will be well....until the last trimester...but lets not think of that!

Hi all,
    I'm new to this thread and have only been on BellyBelly a couple of weeks. I'm the proud mum to Reid who was born by emergency C section on April 8th last year (Easter Sunday). He's our IVF/ICSI miracle and we're hoping for another when we go back to Monash IVF this month.
    I look forward to getting to know you all and would love to meet up with anyone in the Pakenham/Berwick/Cranbourne area.
    Lee

Hi Lee,
    Welcome to BB and the thread. Congrats on your little man and best of luck with no 2.

I've started saying no to Phoebe too (She discovered a powercord and wont leave the damn thing alone, so we've parked her pram infront of it). She is all over the place now that she is commando. Yesterday I caught her at the dog biscuit bag and she took herself off to her room aswell. She is soo quick lol She doesnt mind the hot days but we have a/c and she loves water so I keep a bit of water in the tub and if she feels a bit warm I put her in for a play.

Mel- Steve was the same. I wanted to use cloth but he wasnt willing to. So we are sposies.

Erin- OOOOOH how exciting. I hope the move is swift and safe for you all.

Sorry to all I have missed but once again I can't remember what was on the last page lol

Kel- WOWEEEE at Lil's development.
    Last edited by tiffanny; January 4th, 2008 at 09:28 PM.

Lee - welcome! I'm in Belgrave, not too far at all!

Took Pip to the pool for the first time today, he was a bit overwhelmed with it all. But happy!

Have a good night all.

Hi All,
    Welcome Lee, i am in Springvale South...pretty close to you.
    Tiffany, olivia is the same, I said to Adam that he has to baby proof stuff (his dvd and tv cab and put up the baby gate), but it hasnt got done and he has gone back to work today. I have cleared up what I can, but have to watch her.
    Last night she was up at 3 and came to bed with us after I couldnt resettle her. Shes a bit grizzly now, so will dose her up with panadol and bonjella. Shes been tugging at her ears the past few days and I can feel that 2nd tooth coming through. Shes bopping to Split Enz on the telly atm...so cute.
    Better go,
    Chat soon
    Love Melissa

hI aLL,
    Have been MIA at my mums for a few days which was nice...
    It seems all our bubs are having major growth spurts, Beau is crawling, climbing, standing and being super cute lately, we have had a few unexplained night wake ups too which sounds like you guys...on the whole he has been great! My mum thinks he is perfect! (which he is of course!)
    Things with DH seem better too - he wrote me a lovely letter while I was at mums, he must have felt that I was upset a lot the last few months and he managed to say all the right things bless him.
    I am pretending to be cleaning Beaus room so no time for personals but love to all and welcome Lee! Hope you become a regular you will get heaps of support here we are awesome he he!

Hello,

I am so bored, I think I have surfed the net as much as I could today. DF is working hard (12 hrs+ days) and Olivia is a grizzle guts. Her second tooth is coming through and I noticed its not straight like the first one...its almost diagonal across the gum. Shes not a happy camper at all, very clingy and her sleep pattern is all over the place. She refused dinner at 5 and wanted a bottle and slept for 1.5hrs before I had to wake her up. Hopefully shes not going to have a night like last night.
    Tomorrows is going to be the same, although DF will be out longer. Its hard because he leaves at 5am and then gets home around 730pm, but he doesnt expect to finish til about 9pm tomorrow
    Will have to go out visiting and maybe offload grumpy to her aunt and uncles for some me time.
    How is everyone going??? Coping with this heat here in Melbourne.....

well pip is finally asleep - arghhhhh. he slept for only 2 one-hour naps today. And screamed the rest of the time.

today we bought a new car! so we'll have aircon for Pip! it's either being delivered by the end of jan, or the start of march.

Well i think I got up about 5 times last night....gggrrr and for the dummy. I did pop in some bonjella around 3am. But moo seems very content today and is smiling at me, whereas yesterday I barely could get a smile out of her...until daddy came home.
    OOoooo shes trying to stand up...her legs are so wobberly and she stands on her toes.
    \Hope you all have a great day

Hey All,
    Mel, Im sorry Olivia is so grizzly - I know what you are saying about smiles for Daddy too!
    Kaz - day time is so up and down! today B has had 2, two hour naps! Of corse it would be a sunday so DH thinks this happens every day! Hope you are getting some peace today.
    Of course it is a cricket marathon in our house so I have been in the garden most of the day and bidding on ebay - now I am suffering serious buyers remorse!

We were off the page so i had to post to say that Beau has started grinding his teeth! All three of them...he makes the cutest face when he does it too.

Hi All,
    Very quiet in here...everyone must be on holidays.
    Well its been about 2 weeks since Olivia has changed her routine and is up for a night feed. Usually at 430am, but last night it was at 230am. I give her bonjella, panadol, change her, cuddle her and after all that and the crying I have had to give her a feed to get her back to sleep. AAAhhhh. I think shes going through a growth spurt and teeth and the crawling. I hope it goes back to normal soon. I am pretty tired.
    So today after the 230 feed, Olivias been up since 630. I dont know what today holds. Shes crawling everywhere, has a shoe fettish (yuck) and keeps running into the corners of things.
    Has anyone started egg?? Shes 9 months and about 1 week, so was thinking of doing yolk soon.
    Have loads of things on atm, looking to do a quickbooks course so I can do df's book, organising wedding, putting on an apprentice and catching up with friends and family.
    Have a great day
    Love melissa

time for a new thread everyone.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678