Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #12

Hi girls,
    I'll do personals later but just had to let you all know that Phoebe is pulling herself up on everything. She only started commando a month ago and I never thought she would be doing this so soon after. She is kneeling on her own and getting fully up on her feet.

Afternoon ladies!

Kris - OMG how cute!

Kel - hope he's feeling better soon, and you get some rest. I think that definately, the change of state means a change of what he can/can't do!

Tiff - woohooo!

Jen - I only gave Pip the crusts to begin with (the outer edge crusts) and they were dry, then started with dry toast .. then buttered toast ... and lots of me eating the same off his plate, very exaggerated chewing from me showing my teeth? IYKWIM? He's tried to choke himself a couple of times, but I've only cleared his throat a few times, he's learnt to not swallow etc himself. Never did cruskits though? Hope B feels better - I'd be tempted to just give him to his dad and go for a long, long walk!

Us - well bought the baby food, its in the freezer, looks yum. 3 whole days without Pip!!!! AND! our CC has a place for us the 4th day, so now just need the monday !!!! (but we're going to try to alternate RDOs to avoid that ... ) And my Dad had to fill out Pip's first "incident report" from when he fell over and hit his head, apparently there were diagrams and everything. I just wanted to know how the heck they kept the cold compress on him, cause I can't keep the ice-pack on his bruises!

Olivia is 10 months old today....whats happening to time???
    She was awake every 2 hours last night, not for feeds though, only 1 of those. I think she is cutting the top tooth, feels a bit sharp there but she doesnt let me near it most of the time.
    Am feeling better I got issues off my chest the other day. DF is giving up one of his sports, so that means he will be home an extra 2 nights a week I also asked him to be more involved in olivias care, so lat night was a start, helping me with showering and got her dressed in pjs. He's making an effort...so far!
    I have decided to go back to work 1 day a week and my mum will look after the moo. Hoping things are settling down.
    Anyway, thats enough of me....how is everyone, congrats on Phoebe pulling herself up and Dylan taking steps.
    got to go, Olivias playing with stuff she shouldnt.....
    Love melissa

Hi Everybody,
    Feeling crappy today as Beau decieded to wake up at 10pm last night after I only got home from work at 9pm! And now today I have really bad nausea (last week too) so I went and got a PG test...it was negative but I was freaking out! I am not ready yet (Kel you are a wonder woman!)
    Erin - Poor charlie! You poor thing on your own... grrr men! Hope he is feeling better now, hope there is no pub close by when you move!
    Kris - How was gymbaroo? Yeah I believe you that they will grow out of it - he is a little better today, Dh minded him last night and informed me when I got home that he is better when you sit with him! Yeah I know that! Thanks but I do have chores to do! Aren't they hilarious? Things are better there at the moment so all is cool thanks.
    Iona - thats cool you guys went camping! i am way too chicken, seen too many movies...
    Tiff- Go Phoebe! More fun for mum!
    Kaz- Thanks I will try him again just with the crusts. Poor thing! an incident report! How are you feeling about 5 days without Pip?
    Mel- that sounds like Dh is trying, thats wonderful. My Dh has always been really involved with Beau's care so that is a blessing for me i am thankful for.
    Ok i am watching a crap movie while Beau is asleep x

Hi ladies,

Well I'm having a bludge day today. I told mum I had to go to work today, though I arranged with my boss not to. So my mum has Lil and DH is at work (I told him what I was going to do...) I feel a bit ashamed of myself for lying to mum, but somehow she makes me feel so guilty whenever I ask her to look after her so I can get stuff done, kid free. I am (was!) doing uni work I need to do and I have done other things down the road so it's not actually a propper at home-in-my-jarmies lazy day, but child free all the same.
    Lil slept the night through last night, well she woke twice when I got into bed for her dummy, but I popped it in and she was straight back to sleep. She woke at 6.50 this morning, so that was really good. She is sleeping better these past few nights, more back into her 'routine' if you can call it that, LOL! Going to bed no later than 8pm, so that's good. DH and I get some us time. Though he's usually glued to the tv or computer (if I'm not on it)...but in my defence I usually only log on if he's glued to the telly.....We have been having 'us' hiccups too. Well I think it's mostly me, I don't think he even realises there's anything all that different or wrong. I'm pretty bad talking about things, so it makes it hard for me to explain to him. And being pg again doesn't help me.....ahhh the joys of being a grown up and a wife!!

Well I can't remember what's on the last page (lets blame baby brain...), so I will just chat to those of you on this page...

Tiffany, :claphands: yay at pheobe standing up!! Lil learnt how to last week and she's quickly learning how to cruise the furniture, so there is nothing that's safe if it's in her reach!!

Kaz, I think you got us confused with...Erin?? Maybe!
    Yay that you have got the days you need for Pip in childcare. That's great, now you can go to work without a worry!!

Mel, Happy month day to Olivia, hehe!! I know what you mean about time....it's just disappearing before my eyes. Lily will be 10 months in 2 weeks...then she'll be one 8 weeks later, OMG!!!!! This is all flying by too quickly, it feels like only yesterday we were all chatting about morning sickness! Well I was actually, LOLOLOL!!!! But about these bubs, hehe.
    That's great you had a chat to DH, and that he's making an effort. They really have no idea how hard it is until they do it. My DH didn't then when I started prac and he had to look after her for 6 hrs (only 6hrs!!) a day, he freaked out at how busy and boring and challenging and everything, it can all be. I actually felt good going back to work. It gives you time with adults and to be a bit of your old self again, not just mummy. I think so anyway!

Hahahaha, Jen, I'm no wonderwoman!!! Just stupid for not going straight onto the pill when I finished bf!! Sorry to hear you feel yuck. I hope it's nothing serious.

Ok gonna go and do more work...maybe

Luv Kel.

Hi All,
    I went down to Rye last night for a hens night and left Olivia with DF for the night. I didnt get home til after lunch. He did really well and she was so good for him by the sounds of it. Although he did comment it has taken him twice as long to get his paperwork done!!! I feel much more relaxed now
    I decided to take the movement montitor from the cot, as it was going off everytime moo rolled to the edge of the cot and on her side. Am thinking this will be ok. Does anyone know the SIDS age where they are past risk???
    Hope everyones having a great weekend,

Love Melissa

Hi all,

Sorry there's not going to be any personals. Been awol after doing my back last week. Reid is teething and had a bad night. After walking with him for 4 hours he finally dropped off, so I bent to put him in his cot and something went pop. Been laid up since and doing physio etc.

Hope everyone else is well.

Lee

CONGRATULATIONS KAZ ON YOUR WEDDING
    Heres to great times ahead. hope it went well
    Love melissa

Hi!

What a busy few days! Dylan had Gymbaroo last Thur and loovved it! He was so excited to just have my attention I think and was crawling arounk kidding the other kids and doing lots of dancing! Louis had a great time at his friends house as well so it was all good!
    Friday, Louis had his first trip to the dentist which went well, Sat we had pizza at my dads before he heads away on a holiday so the kids had a ball (and a very late night) Yesterday we went to werribee zoo which was awesome. Dylan didn't get much out of it but Louis loved seeing all the animals and going on a bus ride!
    So today we've done food shopping and the kids are both asleep!! I really need to clean the house but can't help but chill out and enjoy the time they are sleeping! LOL!

Iona - Yeah on Luke's first camping trip! Sorry to hear daycare didn't go to well...it's very hard to see them upset - I can only imagine how easy it was to clean up the house though! Hehe. Yeah on his 3rd tooth as well!

Tiffanny - What a clever little girl she is!!! They'll all be starting to walk in the next few months!!!

Kaz - I hope you had an amazing day!! I can't wait to hear all about it! Ooh 3 days away will be fine but I'm sure you'll manage!!! Yeah on the chilcare nearly being sorted out!

Melissa - Ooh bugger that Olivia was up every 2 hours! Urgh. Thats fantastic that you go so much sorted out with your dp though! Yeah!! Thats great that your mum can watch Olivia while you go back to work!
    Yeah at having a night out for yourself!!! How fun! LOL at dh taking twice as long to get paperwork done - the story of our lives! Hehehe.
    I would take the moniter thing out for sure if it's going off so much...I think the risk lessens dramatically after 6 months but you may have to check the sids website.

Jen - Big hugs...I did a p/g test the other day as well cos I had nausea etc but it turned out to be my period on its way...well at least I think so...could just be hormonal cos I missed about a weeks worth of pills over this month! LOL! I'm so hopeless!
    LOL at dh telling you to sit with him - no they have no idea! Hehe.

Kel - Thats great you had a bubba free day - I wish I could do that!!! It will just never happen though! LOL! Maybe when mine are all at school?? Hehe.
    Sorry to hear you and dh are having some dramas as well...I'm with you on the grown up stuff - sometimes we just want someone to come in and look after us - no such luck for me. I'm always amazed at some people that have such close families that help out all the time (without treading on toes) I can only hope that I have it with my own family - although having boys it's probably not that likely!
    My dh openly admits he wouldn't want to be a sah dad. The most he's looked after the boys was probably the other week when I was at conference so probably about 8-9 hours. He coped really well. But he hasn't had to take them both out anywhere like the shops or anything when your trying to deal with them both on your own! Thats a whole different story than just being at home!

Lee - Oh no - just what you needed after pacing for 4 hours! You poor thing - I hope you feel better soon and Reid settles down..

Ok - I really must go and do some tidying!

Chat later!

Hi All,
    Well beau has decided to wake one hour after going down every noght now, he just screams and wont be settled and then is pooey when he eventually is back up. we have to take him outside and show him the dogs or whatever to calm him down, its really not like him! He isnt sleeping much in the day either, he only has a little tooth next to the big ones coming down and this is the worst he has been with any of them (if thats what it is!)
    Kel- dont feel guilty, its important you chill out to keep sane too! I hear you with the tv glue! Foxtel is the death of romance i say!
    Mel - thats great you had a day out
    Kris - you guys have been busy! I am glad i am not the only nauseous one taking tests!
    Lee - poor you with your back - rest up
    Kaz - Hope marital bliss will treat you as well as us whingers!! LOL! seriously hope you had a great day and enjoy the time without Pip xxx
    Better go and clean ick! Bye

Hi All,
    I went back to work yesterday and gees it was good to talk to several different adults for an entire 8 hours!!! Plus some money coming in.
    Little moo has 2 top teeth coming through and boy are they giving her greif! Her gums are so swollen, she has a snotty nose a cough, rubs her ears, sooky temp and worst of all she went to give me one of her open mouth kisses when my mouth was open and my bottom teeth collided with her top gums...ouch and blood They are so close to being through...at least this morning shes in better spirits.
    Well better run, hope you are all well,
    love melissa

Hey Mel,
    Poor Olivia! Beau got a snotty nose when his top ones came down too - he bangs his ears and rubs at them when he is tired - i never thought it might be teething????mmmmm

Hey, wow its very quiet in here...I must have way too much time on my hands!!!
    We have just been down to the Drs thismorning and Olivia has bronchitis. Shes on antibiotics for the next 6 days. Hopefully it will start clearing up quickly. I knew she wasnt well when she reintroduced her morning sleeps and that cough...i thinks its really hard to decipher between teething and illness. Well shes asleep now (again), so better go and make the most of my time...probably surf the net!!
    Take care
    Love Melissa

Hi girls,

sorry I've been MIA, things have been pretty busy.

Mel, sorry to hear Olivia's sick, poor chicken. I hope she gets on the mend soon.
    Yay for you going back to work!! It' nice to talk to adults for a change huh? I officially start back tomorrow, though I've been doing prac for a few months so it's been like working for me anyway.

Grrrr, LIl's awake...must go, I hope everyone else is good

Kel.

Hi!

It's been busy around here!! Kids had swimming on Tuesday - Dylan loovved it!!! He did so well kicking his legs and putting his face in the water!! So cute!
    Louis had kinder Wed so Dylan had a play at his cousins house and yesterday he had gymbaroo! He's now confidently crawling through tunnels now!
    He's weaned himself off another feed so I'm just feeding him morning and night now and he has a cup of formula at lunch or in the early arvo. I'm not giving him a bottle because he already knows how to drink from a cup and I don't want to confuse him!

Jen - I find my boys wake up after 45min-1h after going to sleep if they're overtired, or I've cuddled them to sleep, or if they've eaten heaps for dinner and hit hasn't had much of chance to settle iykwim?? (My biggest reason though is cos they wake each other up but obviously you don't have that one!!) Unfortunately I don't have any solutions for you though (fat lot of good I am hey?) hehe.
    I'm not sure about the whole teething thing...I know Louis got them later but he didn't have any signs or symptoms at all...the only thing with his molars was that he was a bit more dribbly and got a rash where his dummy was sitting...Dylan hasn't got any yet so no symptoms for him yet either - although I can see the 2 bottom ones moving there way up so they're on there way!

Melissa - Glad you had a great day at work!! Poor Olivia - I hope she gets better quickly!!

Kel - Glad your all well - congrats on 2nd tri!! Have a great day at work today!

Better jump in the shower - I'm babysitting my nephew today and so won't have a chance to get anything done I'm sure!

Oh and we're off to Phillip Island for the weekend!!! I'm soooo excited!!!! We rented a house and dh's parents are coming down and my brother & family so should be nice to get away!!! We haven't been on holiday for AGES!!!!!

Hope you all enjoy your weekends!

Where is everyone?????????????????????????????????????????? ???
    We are doing well - i worked two massive long days last week so just chilled on the weekend....but I think we have decieded to move up the coast!! i have lived in the city all my adult life so its a massive decision for me!
    Beau had some leg ham on Saturday and has paid for it all yesterday with an extremely sore bum and went to bed very unhappy at 5:30pm and woke up at 6:30am this morning!
    Ok hi to everyone - we all must be extremely busy fulfilling new years resolutions or something....

Hello ladies!

we just had one hell of a night here - DH informs me he was up "every half hour" but it was more like hourly *hehe* with Pip. He's also discovered he (too) can't settle Pip like I can - or my parents! - I put it down to the total refusal to sing to Pip. Twice last night he was walking around with screaming Pip and then lay him next to me where I sang and then silent Pip! We had Panadol at 10:30, 4:30 and bottles at both of those too.

Our honeymoon was Pip-less and wonderful, we guiltily missed the dog more initially (when we were hiking) but then we saw a photo of him on my lappy and missed him horribly. Lots of BD though! heheeh.

Jen - yay on moving! What a huge move, where are you thinking of going to?

Mel - congrats on returning to work, and not long now till your wedding!!!!! Good to see your DF is giving up a night of sport too.

Kris - can't believe D still doesn't have any teeth! sounds like he's having fun at swimming & gymbaroo, I wish I could do those with Pip!

Anyhows, I'm off, I smell a pooey bum ;D

Hi All, tis very quiet here. Well I am sick and Olivia hasnt got better so they have prescribed venolin and a steroid. I hope this makes her better. They just prescribed me with some sudafed...
    Am going to sleep now and then after i have a major tak on my hands getting Olivia to have both antibiotics and steroids..she'll just spit it out and scream. Oh and I just spent $110 at the drs and then another $70 at the chemist..omg...no wonder i have to go back to work!!!
    Take care
    Love Melissa

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast