Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #12

Oh gosh, I just can't keep up with you guys LOL. Where do my days go prob online shopping LOL.

Ahhh sooo busy here, we are moving on 20th Feb so that is not long. Trying to organise a big garage sale, clean up etc. It's sooo much harder with a bubs, everything will be out of the house, then we have to borrow some friends stuff to clean & then stay in the local motel that night before flying out.....watch out QLD here we come!!!

Took Charlie to CHN today, was stressing about a lazy eye....but nothing to worry about just other people saying silly things!! he's 10kg just above average but a whopping 78cm long - that's almost half my height So am wondering where he gets that from. He crawls great now & pulling up on things, incl the cot & has already left teeth marks on the rail. I'm busy trying to re decorate his nursery too as have not been happy with it. Going with a vintage theme & trying to create as many things myself as possible. Any suggestions would be great. Still on a couple wake ups, not sure of the prob (it's not teeth) - last night we let him have a cry & was back to sleep after bout 20mins but was the hardest thing for me to do

Kaz good luck tomorrow with Childcare, I really had to hold myself together when leaving....but picking them up that first day is the emotional part I think. Charlie goes half days on & off, but when we get to Roma will be 3 full days each week. It is hard, but I think its great interaction for them.

Tiffany, isn't it sooo cute when they start bopping. Charlie started at Chrissy time to one particular ad on tv. Now I pop music on during the day & we dance along together.

Jen, Charlie has just discovered shaking head from side to side...a bit annoying as he loves to do it at dinner time. Must be the high chair.

Kristie, no BF here - well done great to hear it's still going strong for you. Charlie has cut back on his bottles sooo much - only having 3 milk feeds a day or 4 if I count the 4am wake up.

I should go & get myself organised. I'm writing a list for DH, he will be looking after Charlie on Friday & Sat on his own. I'm off to the Bon Jovi Concert YAY!!! but it means flying to Perth & I'm a little worried about how DH will go. I do trust him, but typical male just doesn't pay attention sometimes.

Hi All,

Tiff - Beau likes raggs too - I have a cute photo of him staring at it...he doesnt bop yet but : (

Erin - Im glad someone eles's bub is as strange as mine - Moving...Yay! I love moving - some many new rooms to decorate! God suggestions....where do i start....thats pretty much my thing, decorating! Love it! A friend gave me a great book called Flea Market Baby, from the states, thats great. Otherwise ebay is a great source of vintage stuff. I love bunting, thats easy to make and pretty special, Beau has lots of vintage letters in his room that I spell different things with. He has some funky florence broadhurst curtains in his room and I am covering canvases with the same fabric and painting animal sillhouettes on them in black....his room evolves all the time - I just bought some deer antlers - they will probbaly end up on the wall in there eventually!!! Old maps are also cool, or luggage, an old rocking horse, old tiny chair and tables in red - you could frame an old alphabet book pages spelling out 'Charlie' - I better stop dribbling.

Kel - I think cloth nappies are life changing so no judgement here!

Kris - Yep still 3 sleeps most days - Undies for Louie! What a big boy!

Kaz - Poor pip with the sheet! You are handy whipping up a sleeping bag

Iona - at least little luke has something to show for it now x

I am going now to fold washing
    x

Ooooh Jen thanks for the ideas, any more feel free to PM me. I have all the ideas, just not that creative when trying to get them out of my head
    I've bought an old teddy that holds pj's in it from ebay & trying to win some old golden books to frame some pics. Oooh yeah & my brother bought a vintage ride on fire truck...that takes pride in the room. Oooh just found that book you mentioned online....got to have it LOL!

Hi All,

I love reading whats happening, makes me feel like things are on track.
    I spent the night away at mums last nightwith Olivia, then I started my course today. It was good, but also made me feel ready to go back to work.
    Kaz, we aren't taking moo with us...I agree on some us time
    gotta run...

Hi all,

Sorry I've been AWOL for a bit, taking time out with my parents and what not.

Not much happening here. Reid is still sleeping through and as of this week he's got his two top front teeth coming through as well. He's starting swimming lessons on Feb 3rd which should be fun.

Heading to bed now so no personals sorry. Hope all is well with everyone and their bubs.

Lee

Oh my goodness you girls are so quiet!! Where is everyone, as my mum says, you must all busy busy bees with a bum full of honey !!

Well I just wanted to boast about our wonderful sleep we had last night! Well, it all started when I fell asleep on the lounge at 7.30 last night. I have worked four days this week and I was so buggered I couldn't keep my eyes open. Lil Lil decided that mumma shouldn't be asleep at 7.30 so she kindly woke me with a ew short shrp slaps to the face, which she and DH thought were sooo hilarious since I nearly fell off the lounge with firght...Needless to say I was less than impressed. Now the good bit comes...Well I put the little angel to bed at about 8.20 and pottered about a little, had a shower and was in bed at 10pm myself. Lil then woke at 5am, I gave her half a bottle and she went back to bed. I thught we'd be up for the day, since she's been getting up realy early for DH, but I think he doesn't try hard enough to get her back into bed, or try at all for that matter...anyway she went back to bed- until 8.15!!! WOOOHOOOO, I had such a great sleep, and she woke in the best mood. We have had such a lovely morning, and she is now in her cot happily chatting to herself, and will probably go back off to sleep soon, yayayayy...I was so dreading a 5am wake up call!

Hi!

It's been quiet for us...not much happening. I think Dylan had a bit of a temp yesterday - he seems a bit out of sorts - not quite sick though but not well if that makes sense. He's still sleeping well though so thats ok.
    Dh and I went out for dinner and a movie last night which was nice...we're a bit on edge at the moment and he's so lethargic and sleepy and cranky all the time it makes it really hard...Hopefully he'll snap out of it soon!

Erin - Wow - not long to go at all! How exciting. Lots of work as well though! Glad Charlies' going so well - thats great! Wow thats great your decorating so nicely. Our room is just full of toys and wiggles posters etc - not style or class at all - LOL!
    Have an awesome weekend!!! Wow how exciting to get away!

Kaz - How did he and you go with childcare??? Hope your coping all well! How nice of your friend to come over so you could clean!
    Poot little monkey with the sheet - sounds like a good idea to use a sleeping bag!

Iona - wow on another tooth - we're still toothless here! LOL!

JenSam - Wow - aren't you a decorating queen? LOL! Sounds like great ideas!

Melissa - Thats great you enjoyed your course!

Lee - Glad you're well! Wow on the 2 top teeth! The kids looovve swimming!

Kel - Yeah on having such a great night sleep! I bet you really needed that after working so much!

Better go - Dylans just woken and Louis has run in with his "feathersword"....

Hi Ladies,
    Ok I' going to attempt to do personals but please forgive me if i miss anyone. I'll warn you all this is part whinge/rant too. I think I jinxed myself the other day when I said her sleeping was back to normal. We have had a shocker week with up to 6 wake ups a night and next to no sleeps during the day. She has been a royal PITA. I can feel the corner of a tooth so I guess that is why but I just dont know how much more I can take. Steve's boss told him that he is selling the business and moving back to Injune and Steve has to find a new job. As well our house is being sold. Our new landlord is happy for us to stay but is raising the rent. My Dad has been off work as he had a bad turn before Xmas with his heart and is beginning to get on my nerves by "visiting" every day. On top of everything else my washing machine shat itself and I'm now hand washing all our clothes coz we sooo can't afford a new/second hand one atm. I'm so sure something else is going to come and kick me in the a** and say "No, you're not allowed to be happy and live comfortably".

Kel- I love your Mum's saying lol So jealous of the sleep. At the moment I'd give my left arm for a good 5 min nap.

Lee- I can't wait to do swimming, just have to find somewhere local that does it.

Jen- She likes the pink dog. She waves and squeals when it comes on the screen.

Erin-lol @ teeth marks on the rail. Of late I've let Phoebe cry for a bit. It's hard hey. I hope you like Roma. I've only been there once but loved the town. What can I say, I'm such a country girl lol

Kris- We weren't able to BF. I tried but got nowhere coz I had nothing. I can't remember the last time Steve and I went out to dinner, it would be nice out get out of the house but can't see it happening for a while.

Mel- Are you getting the wedding day jitters yet??

I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Hey all,
    I am at my limit with broadband so my internet is so freakin slow - and i worked yesterday - thus no posts!
    I will be brief as i am waiting for my mum and her husband to come and watch boaz while we go out! Yipee!! I will out him down so they really only have to sit and watch telly.
    Tiff - You are in the wars hey? Big hugs, nothing to say other than things have to get better cause thay cant get much worse eh?
    Kris- I hear you on the DH grumpville - we fought about $5 dollars the other day and that I bought a scroll from Bakers Delight! Thus the date LOL!
    erin - any time - if i come up with any brain waves I will PM you.
    Mel - how fab the honey moon bubba free! (you will miss her of course....he he : )
    Kel - he he at the slapping! CHeeky bugger!
    Lee - hopefully we are doing swimming soon too - nice to hear from you

We went to playgroup the other day, which was 'ok'...you have to get out and try these things tho hey?
    Ok better go and feed Beau his dinner and beautify!
    x

Well Pip's done his first 3 days at CC, he loves it. Love reading what he "does" - today he played with the Seseme Street toys with Isobelle and enjoyed his cheese sandwich

Sorry no personals, about to go get waxed.

Well, apart from Tiffany - ughs, that's really bad news, can you dump your washing on your dad to do?

Anyhows, ciao ladies.

Hi!

Woohoo - Long weekend!! Not that much changes for us really...LOL!

Tiffanny - Big hugs...what a bad run of things!! Geez I thought I had a bad morning when I burnt 4 pieces of toast and then dropped the whole bowl of dylans brekky on the floor! I'm sure things will turn around soon!!

Jen - Have a great night out!!! I tried mothers group with Louis but didn't really get into it...I felt like I was invading a group that was already set up iykwim?? Everyone was friendly enough but I just didn't feel like i clicked.

Kaz - Thats fantastic that Pip loved childcare! So have you started back at work or did you get to enjoy some time out??

Enjoy your weekends!

Hey Tif, big hugs, hope things look up for you soon.
    Jen, how was the date??? It sux when you fight over little things like that.
    kaz well done on survi1`ing th[I] WeEK...OLIVIA!!!!!
    Soryy. Olivias typing skills are bad!!
    Kristie have a great weekend. Shame about mothers group, I really enjoy going to ours.....gives me something to look forward to.

Last night we did our invites, then just as we went to bed at 1130 Olivia wakes up, so i didnt get to sleep till an hour later, then she wakes at 530, then 630 for good. Oh well, lets hope she has a big sleep today..HOPE
    Think I might sleep too.

Better go, grizzley moo...have a great weekend
    Last edited by minimatron; January 26th, 2008 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Hve to finish off

hey ladies,

Kris - I don't start work until March 10/11 so I'm getting lots of time to settle him in.

hehehe Mel, clever missy-moo!

Last night I finished all my "place cards" - we're actually using wine charms as the place card. There's a place that will engrave them for you for approx $2/each up to 99 tags, so last night put some beads on the wire clip thingy and sorted them into envelopes
    so that's done! but I couldn't get to sleep until 3:30ish for a variety of reasons, Pip being one of them!

Took my old blue dog to the vets today, said goodbye to him. Came home and was cleaning up and found dog bite marks on the child pen, I think Pip may have pulled his fur and was almost bitten again. *sighs* but now blue dog can't bite him ever.

Kristie, I LovE my MG! we've been together since the bubs were about 12 weeks old, and we've welcomed a few newcomers into our group too The bubs are now getting too active to have them at someone's house, we're looking for a venue to meet at now.

*slurps* to all.
    kaz

Hi All,
    Mmmm date was ok until I started talking about money and crying at the table, my fault totally! It was still a nice night tho. (!)
    Except, I never should have said we would put Beau down before we left! i tried at his usual time (6:30), and he knew something was up, ended up getting back up to chat with Grandma for another hour, but she handled him great with grandpa and he was down by half seven.
    I had to get out of the house today and went and saw 'Atonement' at the flicks as a spontaneous thing, i just said to DH 'I am going out!" But he was cool with it.
    Kaz, thats sad about yr dog, that must be really hard for you. Thats great about pip and CC, you must be so relieved, it sounds like a great place you found.
    Kris - Yeah sometimes trying to forge friendships with people is tough when you only have bubs in common (our group aside of course!), my good friend is off the pill so I have my fingers and toes crossed atm!
    Mel - Man Olivia is giving you a rough time with sleep isnt she? You poor thing, try and put your head down in the day if you can. I have been having some headaches, so have been doing that in the day a little bit too. I have had bad bellies and dizzy spells too (thort i had food poisoning this morning!) - we use condoms so I hope i am not PG! We are not ttc at all yet!
    Ok have a great rest of Australia Day everybody, DH is doing yummy lamb skewers on the barbie, yum!

Hi!

I had a naming day today - it was really beautiful -we all released balloons with a note and they released butterflies. It was for my friends baby that's really sick so it was really special! She's doing really well though all things considered so thats great!
    The boys were good - Dylan still doesn't see 100% and he did the grossest poo today. Louis went without a sleep all day and wore undies out - only did a little wee in them when we got home I think because he's so tired - he just fell asleep on the couch with me - that hasn' thappened in a million years so it was soo nice!

Whoops - didn't mean to say mothers group - I meant Playgroup!!!
    My mothers group and I get along really well and although most of them are back at work and we don't see each other regularly we try!

Melissa- Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight!!

Kaz - What a great idea with your place cards!! Very special!! Sorry to hear about your dog...Hope you get some sleep tonight also!

Jen - Glad your date went "ok". Ours was a bit that way but we made up for it last night - LOL!! Put some passion back into our relationship - LOL!!! Haven't had much of that lately....hehe.
    Good for you getting out today - was the movie any good? My friend wants to go and see it so we're going to go on a date together! hehe. I never go out with friends so it will be nice!
    Yeah...none of my friends have kids...well excpet for 1 now - who I saw today - and she's very sick so it hasn't quite been the same iykwim? My best friend is ttc now too so I'm hoping it happens quickly for them!!! I've clicked really well with the people I chat with on BB and my first group - that I'm in with Louis - we've met up heaps and made a really great friendship! I never would have though!
    I wish I was p/g so I had an excuse for putting on weight over xmas! hehe. So need to do some exercise...I've been falling asleep on the couch with the kids lately...I never do that - although it usually on lasts 3 min before a phone rings or a child pokes me or something! hehe. Definitely power naps!

LOL - I forgot all about Australia day - so it is! Lets thank our lucky stars we live in such a great country! The most we have to worry about at the moment is interest rates - LOL!

Chat later!

Hi girls. It's been ages since I've popped in here, but I've been missing being part of baby buddies, so thought I'd see if anyone minded if I started posting in here again. I find it so hard to keep up, but I'm definitely going to try harder now.

Jambin is growing up into a very strong-willed little boy (although he's been like that since the moment he was born lol). He's currently demolishing a packet of nappy sacks behind me, but since he's keeping himself occupied (which is a very rare thing indeed), I'm not going to stop him. I can stuff them all back in the packet when he's done with them.

I decided at the beginning of the month to resign from my job, which I was quite disappointed about, but I just didn't feel comfortable putting Jambin in child care, mostly because he's rather high-needs and has to have intensive 1:1 input ALL DAY LONG ... I don't think the 1:4 ratio staff:baby ratio at our local child care would be enough for him. I left him with my sister and her hubby last night while DH and I went out to dinner. We were only gone 2.5 hours, and he screamed for about a third of that time. I really loved my job, so I'm disappointed not to be going back, but I felt like I had to prioritise Jambin at this stage in his life.

Kaz - I'm so sorry I haven't replied to your PM yet hun - I will! I promise!

Great to hear from you Cherie!! I'm sorry to hear you've given your job up!! Sounds like your going with your instincts not putting him in childcare! I think some kids thrive and some don't handle it well at all. I had Louis in for 2 hours 1 afternoon a week when I had to leave early for work and he screamed every time. It was the hardest thing to do. I think it also made him more clingy - when I stopped working he was a much more calm baby.
    I take it from your ticker that your ttc again?? How exciting!!
    He looks gorgeous in his ticker photo!

Look forward to chatting with you!

Yep - TTC again. We actually had an IVF transfer 2 months ago (we had 4 snowbabies in the freezer), but 3 didn't survive the thawing process. The one embryo we had transferred didn't implant So we're TTC the 'natural' way atm - it probably won't work, but you never know! And we're not in a huge rush, so we can just keep trying while we save up enough money to try for IVF again.

Isn't it hard to believe that the little monkeys are 9 months old already?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast