Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #12

WB Cherie! Sorry to hear about the transfer - enjoy trying for the next little while!

Kris - sounds like a lovely ceremony, good to hear she's doing better though. I've had a UTI so no "passion" here. Hoping it clears up by Saturday though!

Jen - hope you enjoyed your movie and time out! I think the time out's the best thing!

Us - just back from a walk with the lab, just realised I haven't given Pip any solids today. Might give him a cheese & vegemite sanga

When can we start to give them jelly?

Yum, jelly...might make some of that, must be better than eating chocolate all the time. Oh and i dont know when to give bubs that.
    Hi ALL, I have sooky clingy, I want mummy moo...so cant stay,
    WB cherie

Hi!

Just chilling out at home today...Dylan was very upset last night and has basically slept today away - soo grumpy and unhappy. Seems to have perked up a bit again now so hopefully he's on the mend. I have no idea what was wrong though...

Cherie - Sorry to hear that your little embryo didn't implant....good luck with it all!! I know - how fast has the time gone?? Soon we'll be having 1st birthday parties!

Kaz - ooh thats no good - hope your uti clears up soon - they're horrible!
    With jelly - I'm sure you could give it now but I'd just watch out as it has lots of sugar and quite often the colourings etc you need to watch for reactions...

Melissa - I know the feeling - although it's because he's been sick - but it seriously does my head in! Although in saying that we've had the nicest most gorgeous cuddles over the last couple of days!

Chat later - better get dinner going!

Kristie - poor Dylan :hugs: Good to hear that he seems to be perking up though. It's time like those that you wish they could talk and tell you what's wrong (and other times I'm sooo glad that Jambin can't talk, or I'm sure he'd be demanding things all day long lol).

Melissa - I had a sooky, clingy baby for about 2 days last week. Just when I was ready to throttle him, he suddenly learned how to pull to stand, crawl on hands/knees, and go from lying to sitting all by himself. He's been a much happy camper since then. Hopefully Olivia is just having a 'wonder week' and will be her usual self again soon (and maybe with a few new skills acquired).

Kaz - I'm not sure about the jelly. You can buy gels in jars in the baby food section. It probably won't hurt him, but wouldn't have as many vitamins or minerals as some other foods.

Jambin's taken to waking up about an hour-and-a-quarter earlier in the morning than what he has done for the last 6 months. I was perfectly content with a 7am wake-up. I'm not so keen on playtime at 5:45 in the morning though - he has so much energy, and I have so little lol.

I'm struggling with him and solids atm - he'll eat pureed foods no worries, but can't eat mashed or lumpy food. He just gags and vomits them straight back out. Finger foods he is OK with, e.g. small pieces of fruit or bread, but I can't give him rice puddings or pasta dishes or anything with chunks of veges or peas. And he totally refuses to eat meat. All kinds. Fish too. I've spent so much time making lovely meals for him from scratch, and I end up eating them myself or throwing them out altogether. Thank goodness he eats weetbix!

Hi!

Cherie - Oh no- I hope has a sleep in for you tomorrow - mine were up at 6.30am this morning and that was early enough! LOL. I wouldn't stress too much about lumpy foods - he'll get there when he's ready! Just freeze it if he won't eat it and wait for another week or two and try again.

Well, both boys are down for the night - well - I'm not sure if Louis is asleep yet but as long as he's quite and doesn't wake Dylan we're alright!

Chat later!

Hi All,
    Having a nice long weekend, hope everyone else is too, except Beau has decided to wake at 5ish the last two mornings! Heeeeees Baaaaaaaaack! Apart from that he is being a little star, his 6th tooth has come thru, and you can nearly see the front ones when he laughs hard. Well he wouldnt go back to sleep this morning so I got Dh up and went for breakie, B only had one sleep today, for nearly three hours! How bizarre!

Kaz-I made a plum jelly for B, it was so bright tho that it stained everything so the rest is in the freezer LOL, he has had the gels from Heinz but they give him dihorrea.

Has anyine else tried Aldi nappies? I am trying them this week (in conjunction with cloth Kaz!) - a lady at playgroup said they were as good as huggies but much cheaper - so far so good.

Cherie - hey nice to hear from you, I know those feelings of remorse with resignation, it's like goodbye to the old you or something, i work one day a week now in the same field but different place - it gives me a break and makes me feel normal. I got some really tiny pasta from the deli which is easy for bubbas to swallow, or cous cous is good too.

Kris - totallly hear you on the passion side of things...maybe Dylan is just going thru a growth spurt too? Or maybe just catching up from yesterday?

Mel - I understand too the ways of the skirt grabbing cling on!

Ok have a great night x

Hi All,
    What a day, I think I just want to cry. Well cling on is still here and she sooks every time i leave the room. She was up again overnight for a feed, but luckily I went to bed at 9pm, otherwise I would be stuffed. Today we went to the supermarket, she was doing a poo on the way and it wasnt until i went to take her out of the car, that i had seen she pooed all through her clothes. So I had to take everything off and try and keep her still (which we have huge problems with at change time). Half an hour later we go shopping and she sooks all the way through.
    DF is busy on his project car, so all we see of him is through the fly wire....he comes in when he hears me get stroppy, and tells me i have to tell him how to help...gggrrrr
    On the Aldi nappies...I have used them for months and I love them and they are heaps cheaper. i think I have only had 2 poo leaks, so thats good.
    Think I might go get some respite at my mums today..passs the little terror over for a few hours.
    Hope you are all well
    Love Melissa

We've used the Aldi nappies when all the cloth nappies have been in the wash and they work just fine. They are heaps cheaper than huggies!

Melissa - we're having problems at nappy change time too! He's either rolling sideways, or standing up on the change table, or hanging down upside down over the edge Sometimes I give him nappy free time because I just can't be bothered fighting to get a nappy back on him. Or I sit him on the potty for a few minutes and give him a toy to play with. Anyway, I hope you got some rest at your Mum's - sounds like a good plan.

Jen - thanks for the reminder about cous cous. I keep thinking I should try it, and then forget as soon as another thought enters my head.
    Re: the early morning wakings, I think Beau and Jambin should share a cot and amuse each other at that time of morning instead of waking us up. Can you imagine the mischief they'd get up to!!

Talking

Huggies are currently on sale for $29 for the big boxes @ safeway ladies

Well Pip's been trying to throw tanties, I've not let him but my mum & dad are here and they spoil him (oh god what's he going to be like after being with them, alone, for 3 days!) - we bought some hard candy sweets for the wedding (like sugar eggs) that are bright red and Dad put some on his lips (ack). I've told them no artificial colours/flavours and preferably organic food for Pip, but

Mel - ack, that's really horrid. I was changing Pip at Myers / Knox today and the little buggar peed all over himself - face, bib, clean nappy, shirt, change mat .... somehow missed me. And I had run out of wipes so used the paper towels provided (ARGHHH) and mum had removed the face washers from the nappy bag. ARGHHHH again.

Kris - glad to hear Dylan's feeling better!

Jen - plum! Impressed! And a tooth! lucky boy!

Oooh that reminds me, we're getting the "organicbubs" food delivered this week for Pip to eat at the wedding and while we're away ... hope its OK for him.

Cherie - I hear you on the pain of changing him. First day at CC when I walked out there were two people holding him down while a third changed his nappy ....

Hi!

We had a nice day today! Dh came back this morning and we headed down to lilydale lake. Had lunch and a big walk and a splash in the water and then a play at the playground! The kids were so tired - mind you Dylan slept most of it anyway...he had 3 sleeps today - I think he's still recovering from being sick. He's got a bit of a rash over his tummy today so I assume he's had a virus of some sort...Not quite his normal self today but a lot better than he's been!

Jen - I hope Beau sleeps in for you tomorrow!! Not sure about Aldi nappies - I'm a huggies girl - even though I know there so expensive I just can't not buy them....LOL!

Melissa - Big hugs! I hope you managed to head out and have a break! Oh no on all the poo - gross! Men are certainly useless sometimes! I would have left him with Olivia and gone out for a walk or something - LOL! Hope your feeling better now!

Cherie/Melissa - I have an unhappy nappy changer here as well! Although he doesn't wriggle too much (because I hold him! LOL) he kicks his legs and cries...makes things very difficult

Kaz - I've picked up my 2 boxes of nappies already - LOL! Hehe on the tantrums - I hate to say it but they're going to get a whole lot worse!!! and not they don't start at 2yo. They start at 1 - or at least they did with Louis. Dylan already cracks it if you take things off him but he's easily distracted with another thing luckily...
    Oh no at the week everywhere!!!

Chat later!

Hi girlies,

How's things??

Well we are pretty good here at the mo, though Lil's sleeping patterns are all over the place I have no idea what she's doing...neither does she think it's nothing bad like waking at night, but she's going to bed at such odd hours, she used to go to bed at 7-7.30 religiously for about four months, but this last week or two, it's bee anywhere between 7.30 and 10.30. Tonight she had a sleep from 4-6pm, got up and whinged for about 30mins before I put her back to bed, I thought for the night, but no she's up now happily chatting, giggling and saying 'dada' to DH. So now she's not going to go to bed until about 10.30 at the earliest, probably more like 11.30....But then she's also sleeping in in the mornings the latest being 8.30 so far which is nice, no 6am wakes ups here lately! YAY! She's all DH's tonight, I'm going to work tomorrow and he has 4 days off now, so I'm not too worried about what she does...is that mean??!! We still have one or two wake ups at night at least usually for a bottle, but we are getting more all nighters too, maybe once a week or so.

Kaz, sorry to hear about your puppy dog, it's so sad when you have to do that I hope you're feeling ok :hugs:
    We've been getting tanties here too. I have no choice but to let her throw one....she's soooo head strong, persistent and stubborn, if she wants it she wants it she wants it and she's so hard to distract from whatever it is! Ugh, I dread the terrible twos if this is under one tanties...
    How great Pip is liking CC, makes things easier for you when you do HAVE to go back to work. LOL at them changing his nappy!!

Cherie, so great to hear from you! Sounds like Jambin is growing up just as nicely and unpredicably as the rest of our bubbas!
    I agree with Kristy about the solids, don't stress, he'll get there, he might have a sensitive gag reflex. My girlfriends DD does and even at almost 2yrs, she still gags on hard to eat foods like meat. I'm really lucky in that Lily will eat anything I put in front of her, she is yet to refuse anything I have fed her. Maybe you could make him couscous with meat stocks (beef/chicken), or cook it with meat, but don't give him the meat (iykwim!) to try to get him more used to meaty tastes?? I gave Lily polenta the other day and she loved it, maybe that'll work for him too?

Kris I hope Dylan is better today. Lucky you having the kidlets down so early, I think mine will be up for a while yet...

Jen, wow at 6 teeth! Lily has a toothy grin now too, her teeth have grown down enough now to see them when she smiles too, hehehe sooo cute!!
    I use aldi nappies at the mo and I love them, I think they're better than huggies. And sooo much cheaper. I also use the mamia wipes and I like them too.

Mel, :hugs: hun, I feel for you I have been having days like that lately too, but I think some of the tearyness can be blamed on pg hormones...damn hormones, they're the last thing I need!!

Ok that's it for me, happy monday all!!

HI All,
    Seems we are pretty on track with everyone else at the moment. B throws little tanti's too - usually when he isnt allowed in the fridge, cupboard, has something taken away etc. He is pretty whingy and climbing my legs (when i am standing) and saying 'mum mum mum' the WHOLE time! I am giving him cruskits constantly it seems to give me a break! I find he likes them more than the bellamy rusks now.
    Personally, DH and I are still at odds - we just cant get it together recently, date didn't help...we aren't talking atm which is pretty ordinary.
    Kel- Hey Beau is all over the shop with sleeps too - dropping the morning one now (although he is back down ato) and last night i put him down and he was back up til 8:30, although i left him with DH (im mean too!) I might try the mamia wipes aswell.
    Kris - sounds like you had a nice time at the lake - thats great Dylan is a little better.
    Kaz - mmm parents!!! I guess you are going to have to close your eyes to it all while you are away! Otherwise you will stress constantly. Why do they wee at the worse times? You poor thing!
    Cherie - wow at Jambin on the potty! Check him out! I think Beau and he should heve little 5am parties too....pref at your house but! He he
    Mel - You tell DF he has a little project inside too! Hope you had a rest at your mums and got some tlc.
    OK chat later monkey is awake and we are off to nick branches for me to wrap with wool for a window display (dont ask!)
    x

Hi All,

How many in a box of huggies???

Am glad I'm not the only one whos fighting at the change table, most of the time I have to attempt putting nappies on standing, although I find it impossible. So when I do changes I have to sit on the floor with a musical book or something musical to distract her...even then its hard.

Kaz, yep on the tanties....you just got to let them do it!!! Am interested in some of your wedding stuff..as you know its our turn in April, so am looking at bonbonieries and stuff. Wow its close now

Kristie, I didnt go out, instead I opted to sleep for 2 hours Its always nice to hear that you and DH go out with the kids and do family stuff. I so want it to be like that. DF and I had a d&m last night after I broke down as I am not coping on my own and feel unsupported. I think it really gave him a scare when I told him I was going to stay at my dads over the week ends coz at least there i would get more help. He thought I was going to leave..but I wouldnt, just wanted to know how hard this is without his help. And if we are thinking of having more then things really need to change. I hope it doesnt fall on deaf ears, but he seemed really sad this morning. Oh gosh, I have to go to the MCHN today, I hope I dont burst into tears!!!

Luckily Kel I'm not pregnant...imagine how I'd be then!!!
    Better go, my growth is climbing up my leg!!! Gosh she beautiful.

Love Melissa

huggies: ummmm from 64-108 or something? dependent on size?

Well have just tied 140 bows today - onto candles for bomboniere and around cake boxes. Mel - I got rose-scented tealight candles 12 for $6 @ spotlight, and tealight holders for $1 at a $2 shop - plus packs of cellophane bags $4/20 bags and 8 rolls of ribbon @ 98c - they cost me all up $1.70 per person!

Pip is eating his avocado & toast atm, his naps are scarily erratic, took ages to settle him last night ...

Mel - D&M is good. If you're anything like me, when the MCHN asks "so how are YOU going?" I burst into tears without fail!!!

Jen - no good with your DH

Good Evening, thought i had better post to keep us on the page....
    Kaz- Pip sounds like Beau - we are all over the place, that in itself is becoming the routine...grrrr!
    You seem to be doing really well with the sandwiches and toast etc, Beau still shoves it ALL in at once, he can only manage rusks, or cruskits, any advice?
    Mel - I put nappies on with B standing up at a chair, couch or tv! Anyway really....hey I know how you are feeling, sometimes i question the second too, when things are s***, thats good you gave him a bit of a wake up call. Bloody project car, hummpph!
    Us - Well, I was going to loose it today too - "Mum...mum...mum...mum" is all I heard all day- grabbing my legs and whinging!
    Not happy in;
    Baby Bjorn, Pram, swing out the back, in speedos being doused with the hose, in the bath with mummy, eating in his chair, even being fed avacado watching spongebob!
    Happy When;
    Daddy came home.
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone, well I'm at home whilst DH is at the pub grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I understand it's the last time for "shift change" that he will do this as we leave in 2 & a half weeks. But we have a bubs in bed with a temp of 38.3, conjunctavitis, snotty nose, coughing up a fit, hasn't eaten all day & had the runs!!! I have had no sleep..he's crying out every 30mins the poor dear....Oh I just wish I could make him better.
    Went to the Bon Jovi concert on the weekend, left DH with Charlie for 2 days & this is how he ends up,he,he...I know it's not his fault. Prob Day Care.
    Lucky here, we don't have any probs at change time...he just lies down & lets me do what I got to do. Unless he is tired he will cry but doesn't squirm! hope it stays that way for a bit yet.
    No good with finger food here either, cruskits he loves. Everything else he's got no idea...I try each day with toast, sandwiches etc as it would be soooo much easier...but nope!

Awwww Jen, hope things get better. I broke down too recently & miss my family soooo very much. This next move I think will be great for us. Just remember to take some much needed time out when you can.

Oooh got to go, hope to post later. Poor bubs is crying again.

Hi!

Not much happening here...took Dylan to the dr's yesterday and as I thought it's just a viral thing...he seems a lot better today again and did really well out doing the food shopping etc! He wouldn't have his last bf tonight and I was heading out to a TBS meeting so I gave him some formula and he gulped down 100ml...hmmm - hope he has his 3 feeds tomorrow.
    I'm very excited as he starts gymbaroo tomorrow and I just know he's going to love it!! Louis is having a playdate with a friend from mothers group so it will just be Dylan and I playing!! should be lots of fun!

Kel - Sorry to hear about the odd sleeps...how many is she having in a day?? Maybe you need to drop one so that she goes to bed earlier??
    I use the mamia wipes as well - it just annoys me trying to pull them out of the stupid container - I always grab 10 of them - LOL!

Jen - Know the feeling...Dylan is always hanging off my legs - its sooo annoying - I just walk away and leave him there standing up so he has to work out what to do - LOL! Nah...it doesn't seem to matter what you do they're just like it at this age. Big hugs - I promise they grow out of it and then we're chasing them for cuddles!
    Sorry to hear about you and dh...I'm sure things will get better soon...

Melissa - Sleeps good! You guys will get there - dh and I have had our moments (and still do!) I find you really need to spell it out for them - don't expect them to "know" - otherwise you just end up disappointed and then end up confused! I agree - you really need to get as much sorted out now before you have another one as trust me, it gets a lot harder!!
    Make sure he's involved with things on a daily basis with Olivia. That it's his job to get her bathed or read her stories before bed or watch her while you cook tea (or all of them!) and that goes for on the weekends as well. They need to know that they are responsible as well and can't always just go and do as they please - set down ground rules. My dh used to go out 2-3 times a week before kids and the rule was 1 night out a week now.
    Anyway...enough from me...we've just been through lots of it before!! Communication is the key or it will end up blowing up out of proportion when you get really frustrated!

Kaz - Yeah on getting everything organised for your wedding - sound like everything is going really well!

We really should organise another catch up soon!! It's been ages - I would love to see the kids and how much they've grown!!

Erin - I'm soooo sorry to hear Charlie's so sick - it's so horrible and stressful not being able to do anything to help really. Hope dh isn't home too late - they really have no idea sometimes! hehe. Hope you had a great weekend!

oh! and Dylan took 4 steps today!! Woohoo! He really toddled 3 of them and then with the last one lunged at me - LOL! It was soo cute!

Hi girls,

I hear you all on the changing the nappy scenario but i found that when i put his mobile from his cot onto his change table he layed still for me enough to change him.

we had our first camping trip on the weekend to byron and luke loved it. the first night he was a bit iffy and woke up during the nite but other than that he was great. we then had his first day at daycare and that didn't go as good. i left crying as he was crying but i got home and had so much cleaning to do from camping that it took my mind off and before i knew it i was picking him up. so it has been a big week of first's and we finally have his 3rd tooth cut thru - yay.

well i promise i will do personals later as i hear someone little hands getting into something. take care girls

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast