Default Babies Born April 2007 #13

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in April 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    MistyFying - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your Previous thread can be found [url=http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your-baby-toddler-baby-buddies/56761-babies-born-april-2007-12-a.html[/url]

Hi!

Thought I'd get in quick and be first! LOL!!

I just posted in the old one though so I have nothing to say....Hehe!

So given we're all coming up to b/day time, is anyone having a party?

I was thinking that we'd have a "thankyou for your support" party as opposed to a birthday party ... and then I think a BBQ for the mums group

I've never been to Moomba either Kris - I'd love to go. DH got a ticket to the Telstra GP corporate box next Saturday, I'm going to see if the PA can sneak me in as well, it'd be nice if we could both go! And leave Pip elsewhere!!!!

Anyhows, he more-or-less slept through last night - I got up to him 3 times, each time to pull him down the bed and tuck him in again, he keeps bashing his head against the corners of the cot. Ended up just turning on the heater in there instead.

Thinking I'll get the flu needle this year, if I'm knocked about this much by a cold, and I'm not working, imagine if the flu came through work!

Have a great day ladies

Hey Kaz

We are having a birthday party, probably a bbq at home. This is inbetween 5 other parties a hens night a bucks night and a wedding...OMG I am so busy, plus going back to work...where I am at the moment waiting for my clients to come in!!!!

Liv does the same thing at night, wakes herself up bashing her head on the cot!!!

Last night she managed to sleep 5 hours straight, yay. We are just going with the flow. I noticed she has cut another tooth, probably why shes been a nightmare!!!

Ok better run, hope you all have a great Friday

Love Melissa

Hi!

Kaz - Yep, we're having a b'day party! Probably friends and kids in the morning and then family & our friends in the pm! We can't fit everyone in the house at the same time - LOL! So it will be a huge day!! Probably just some finger food and snacks rather than having a bbq or anything...we're having wiggles invites and I'll have wiggle coloured balloons but thats about it! I'm very excited but the thing is Dylan doesn't really need any toys - I don't think we'll fit them in our house - LOL!! Oh well...they're just spoilt boys! hehe.
    It will be great if we move house before Oct so then Louis' b'day and christmas the boys can get stuff for outside...
    The flu needle sounds like a good idea!! Glad Pip's sleeping well...yeah we were up once or twice to put Dylans dummy in! Would be great for you guys to have a night out next week!

Melissa - Wow - you'll be all partied out! LOL! What an exciting time for you! Glad Olivia slept well for you!

Chat later!

Default I'm back

Hello everyone....I'm back. Can't chat for long, using a friends comp as our stuff only arrives here on Mon morning.

Spent a week in SA getting things all sorted & flew into Roma on Sun. What a lovely country town...think we will really like it here. We've already started looking at houses to buy, though many are way overpriced & need a mountain of work.
    Charlie has got Daycare & I am meeting with someone regarding a part time job tomorrow so that too is exciting.

Ok, I'm getting told I have to get going. Hope you are all well, shall pop back soon and chat more. Congrats Kristie on another bubs...YAY.

Yep will be having a birthday party for Charlie later in the year when we fly home, more of a catch up for our Family etc.

talk soon.

Yes it will be party time here too! Not till May tho! Our house will be on the market then so I think I will schlep everyone to the park across the street - I might get some bright asian paper lanterns and hang them from the trees or something....he already has a cute argyle cardigan with skull buttons to wear!

Beau has been super clingy and chatty the last few days - today his arvo sleep was nearly 3 hours!!! I got some work done on the computer which was awesome - of course DH was home so I am sure he thinks it happens every day....B must be going thru a growth spurt or something - he has been super cute and kissy tonight but he has an alarming habit of banging his forehead with his hand when I give him his last bottle - I really dont like it when he does it - hopefully he is just tired?

Mel - You sound a bit more relaxed about Olivia's sleeping - Im glad she slept 5 hours for you! I am sure she will get there soon x
    Kaz - Sorry you are in the flu wars. Good Idea with the needle - i hear they are delayed this year a by month...
    Kris - I dont blame DH for still being surprised (and you!) I am sure it will take a while to sink in again!
    Erin- So glad you made it there and love the town so far - good luck with your job! Hows bub with all the new sights?
    Ok have a good night everyone xx

Hi!

Erin - So glad your move has gone well - sounds like everything is getting organised well!! Yeah!

Jen - Yeah on Beau having a big sleep today! Thats sooo nice! LOL at dh - they think it's all cruisy - if only they knew!! His banging at his head sounds like a tired thing for sure - Dylan does a similar thing...although I can't get him to sit still either bfing or from a cup now...He had formula tonight now I I think I'm just down to a morning feed with him...hopefully we can keep that for another month at least...

little bugger walked all around the house today without falling over and now thinks he can run and play chasey with Louis. He's had a few accidents today thinking he can run and ends up splatting. Sometimes he does a pretty good job of it though...he just thinks he's so much older than he is. He's working so hard at talking right now so i'm sure in the next few weeks we'll have some new words...He loves saying ta and passing us things and then we have to pass them back...LOL!

Chat later!

Yay, finally got some really good sleep last night, moo was in bed by 830..me in bed by 10pm. She woke up and I gave her a bottle at 5am, went back to sleep till just after 730am and played in her cot while df and I got some loving in!!!! Coz Kristie I am taking your advise to dtd every 2nd day....heres hoping it works and I get a bfp!!!!

We have swimming today and a few other things on. So better go get ready. Have a fun weekend,

Love Melissa

Hi!

Melissa - Yeah on so much sleep! Thats great!!! What a great start to the morning - LOL - I hope you get a bfp too!!

Morning ladies!

Pip more or less slept through - DH got up around 12:30 and gave him panadol, then he slept through again. Somehow we managed to get Pip to CC yesterday more or less asleep, he slept there from 7:15 - 8:35! So it can be done! (as long as we don't wake him up changing a nappy).

So much snot coming out of his nose - more than me I think!

Well he's starting to climb on boxes, and dance to music - I have Music Max on here and he's bopping around, very cute. And he waves now! But no steps unassisted though, we did "walk" together to the dog this morning.

Mel -

Erin - isn't Roma lovely? My uncle's family settled there in the "day". Still have a huge presence. If you go near the TCW office, Geoff there is wonderful and will help with any of your phone problems.

Have told DH that 2 of our belly group are preggo again, and another is trying - he's rolling his eyes

Mum sent Pip down a package, some slippers (lovely leather) and an EasySuit (they are great! I'm so going to get more!) and some cute all-in-ones for winter, and some more overalls. Size 1 is so HUGE! I can't believe he's growing so fast!

Anyhows, best put his washing into the dryer so I can do his nappies, its supposed to be hot today but we're all in long trackie dacks and jumpers - considering the fire.

(has anyone found baby uggs yet?)

Hi girls,

Sorry I have been mia, I find it hard to get the time to pop on on thu and fri when I work. They are such busy days for me and I am so buggered by the time I get home, I usually end up asleep on the lounge or in bed by 9pm .

Kristie, I said it in your other thread, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!on your bfp!! I understand on it not sinking in yet. It took ages for me to 'get' that I am pg, only now that my bump is pretty big am I remembering that I am pg all the time I still can't believe that I was the first in our buddies group to fall pg...
    How cute with Dylan and his walking. Lil is almost there, the most steps she's taken is 4 before falling, but she's a scaredy cat and won't walk when I try to get her too, only when it suits her!

Kaz, yep we'll be having a party. Just something small really, but something to celebrate the day that our beautiful girl came into our lives. Probably a bbq at mums, since we only have a 2 br unit! I will make her a cake, with balloons and stuff. We never had a naming day or christening, so I want to celebrate her!!
    Lil bangs her head on the cot, pretty hard too, I have been seriously considering getting a bumper for it. Now that she's bigger I think it would be ok..??

Mel, glad to hear that Olivia is sleeping a bit better. We have been having up and down nights, the night before last she slept for 12hrs, waking for a bottle only, it was BLISS! Last night she woke about 3 or 4 times for various reasons...needless to say I am tired this morning. I try to make sure I don't go to bed later than 10.30, but I usually fail, 11- 11.30 is usally bed time here.
    Good luck with your TTC... Here's some baby dust for you Hope we see a bfp this month.

Erin!! Hello, I was wondering how you were going. Glad to hear everything went well with your move and that it seems to be going smoothly with settling in too.

Jen, lucky you with a 3hr arvo snooze, all we get is 1 1/2 hrs at the most, usually still only 45mins.
    Lil's got a bad habbit of banging her head too, but on things...anything- the door, the wall the sliding doors, my leg, my head...it's kind of cute, but disturbing at the same time!!

Us...well I am tired, LOL, but we established that, oohh!! I passed my last assignment and prac for uni, so I am now unofficially an early childhood teacher, woohoooo!!!!! I think Lil's getting teeth, so is having clingy days and grumpy days, but is also having good days in between.

Ok that's it for now, have a great weekend!

Hi!

Had our night out last night which was good but didn't get to bed until 1.30am...I'm soooo tired!! I think I'll need a nanna nap at some point this arvo! LOL!

Kaz - Glad Pips sleeping so well despite the snot!! Poor little munchkin. Don't you just love them dancing!!
    LOL at telling dh! When do you think you'll go back for no.2??
    Aww that sounds nice of your mum with the new clothes- yep - I sometimes put Dylan in size 1 now if I haven't done the washing (from Louis' old clothes!) - LOL!
    Hmmm no haven't seen baby uggs.

Kel - Thanks!! Yeah it's kind of sinking in a little but I think until you start getting a belly it all feels a bit surreal!
    Well done on passing your prac!! Congratulations!

Poor Dylan had a big stack today and knocked his gum where his front tooth is (in the gum cos he's got no teeth through yet! LOL) I didn't think he'd done it too hard until he dribbled blood all down the front of me!! I nearly had a heart attack but it stopped as quick as it started luckily...He's had more little accidents than Louis has had in his whole life!! He's such a little dare devil!

Think I might go and chill out and have a read and maybe a snooze...oh so lazy but I just can't be bothered doing anything else! Chat later!

awwww poor Dylan!

Kris - we're going to start around August I think - it should give me a full year at work to get the finances back up to scratch

Kel - are you noticing preggo stuff more or less now? CONGRATS on being an early childhood teacher! WOOHOOO!!!!

Us - Ummmmmm whingey boy is having a shower with his dad. More stacks yesterday, but no blood - he has twin bruises on his forehead, similar to devil horns

Hi all,

Kris, we've had several blooy falls here. And plenty of bruises. At the moment she has one on her cheek from when she was at mums. Mum was so guilty, LOL. It's all part of her learning how to walk.

Kaz, thanks I'm pretty excited that I passed. I did a pretty pathetic last assignment. I just couldn't get the motivation to do it and didn't read the assignment description properly, so didn't do it properly. They must have taken pity on me and passed me anyway!!
    LOLat Pip's devil horn bruises, hehe...I can just picture it!!
    As for pgcy stuff, well....I don't know I guess I am still so wrapped up in Lily that I just don't have time to notice all that stuff. I notice it more now than when I was first pg, but not like when I was pg with Lil, KWIM?? All I saw when I was pg with Lil was pg bellies, baby clothes and tiny babies, now I hardly notice it, LOL!! I haven't even brought anything for this bub, nor really thought about it... How things change I feel like I'm neglecting it now, LOL!

We're having a quiet day, DH is on night shift so is sleeping the day away. I had a nina nap with Lil this morning, luckily she slept really well so I got in a good 1hr or so and she still slept for another hour. It is so rare that she sleeps more than 1 1/2hrs, even that is rare!!

OK should go and do the domestic thing...ugh!

Happy Sunday girls.

Gosh what a busy weekend! Nothing fun just catching up on 10 or so months of home improvements we have neglected! We are at the 'worse before it gets better stage' with all the contents of the back shed on the back lawn waiting for council pick up - drives me nuts, the mess that is! Oh well, it will be harder once we start to pack....(help Erin!)
    Mel - LOL at your lovin' - at least Olivia stayed happy for you! Usually they know!.... that you are starting to TTC! Thats so great! Apart from Kel and Kris is anyone going to try for a different sex? We are going to try for a girl...really i dont mind as long as he/she is as cute as Beau! I have to read up on what day you have to do it for a girl???
    Kris - Good on you for your nana nap - Poor Dylan with his scrapes! Once you see blood....eeks! I freak out! He sounds tough but! Are you going to find out if its a he or she in your belly?
    Kaz - I hope Pip's nose is clearing up, poor little lamb, I hate it when they are sick! Makes you grateful for when they are happier!LOL I have found some really cheap Bright Bots uggs online I was going to get this week...they are only 10 dollars, great for around the house and who cares if they get lost/chewed etc! I can PM you the website?
    Kel - congrats on passing your course! Dont worry, the 3hr sleep was a rarity! Beau sounds like Lil too, having grumpy days then the next being a little cutie, thank god there are the cute days but!
    us - Beau seems to be having little mini- tanties all the time now, when he wants attention/picked up etc. He really cant amuse himself for more than 5seconds at the moment! DH ignores him all the time when he is like that, which is annoying, as sometimes he is just tired or wants a bottle or cuddle and he escalates the longer he ignores IYKWIM? He thinks he is teaching him but i think he is too little still? What do you guys do?
    Ok better go, i am veging and going to watch Oprah while B is asleep!!!

Hi All,

Got a bit of spare time as the moo is sleeping.....

Jen-yuck on that stage of renovations....we did ours just before Olivia was born, actually finishing 1 week before. We moved stuff outside, had showers out the back, dust everywhere. You are brave, I couldnt do it with a bub around, but I i suppose shes what got us motivated. On the tanties...I dont know, I think the guys have to learn the difference between them and being tired and hungry, otherwise it just agrrivates the situation. Oh and Adam and I would love a boy...his grand parents now have 10 great grand daughters...but I am just happy with healthy.

Kel- well done on passing your course, hopefully that will give you time to relax. And lets hope you have that nana nap you were talking about. Poor Lil having loads of bruises. Is she far off from walking???

Kaz, hope you and pip are doing better. Sounds like there are bruises all round!!! Good luck with ttc in August. I think we started ttc so early coz we knew it took us a while to concieve moo. I have been off the pill since december now, so looks like it might take a while again. But its ok coz I took Kristies advice and have been dtd every second day!!!!lol!

Kristie- glad you had a great night out. Bugger on the blood, its scary isnt it. Olivia gave me a blood nose yesterday when she grabbed my nose and sliced the inside with her finger nails. OUCH! She also pinched me on the face...little devil!! Sounds like Dylans taking after Louis and not getting teeth til hes over one.

Erin- glad your move has gone well. Hope to hear from you soon. Good luck with the house hunting,

Hi to everyone else... oh and Tiffany hello. I dont know if there are many more people left in here.

Olivia celebrates her first birthday on the 1st of April...3 weeks away!!! We are having an afternoon tea..just something small coz we are so busy with wedding stuff (only 4 weeks and 5 days to go).

Olivia is good, shes cutting the teeth both sides of her front bottoms. I also think I saw the eye tooth up top coming through. Shes sleeping a lot better, still waking though once a night. Shes cruising around and she constantly wans to walk everywhere holding my hands/legs. Shes so confident on her walker too. I have seen her stand alone a few times for about 10 seconds. I think she'll be happier when she can walk. Shes started saying the v and m sound, but still prefers dada for everything!!!

Well, I am going to go and relax on the couch till she wakes up.

Enjoy

Melissa

awwwwww Mel, how cute!

Jen - we are going to "try" for a girl - there are a few articles on it in here - the theory is that girl sperm are slower but have more stamina, so you DTD every second day until 2 days before O, then abstain. Any male sperm should be too tired by then (LOL) but if you DTD until a week after O, then wear a condom etc.

Least that's what I think it all said? It sorta makes sense, we didn't DTD until 2 days after O with Pip (bloody shift work) and got a boy, but hey.

Pip's also doing mini-tantys. DH also tries to let him cry it out (MEH) but again, its mostly when he's tired/hungry/wet. Plus teeth aren't helping at all!!!
    He's also starting to climb on boxes to get to the wonderful video recorders etc, are saying "no" to him but he is pushing our buttons! DH gave him a little tap on the hand today and I yelled at DH so much Pip cried.

Anyhows, back to trying to get stuff out of the way of Pip!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast