Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #18

Hello ladies

well Pip still has evil nappy rash but its getting better ... have been using pinetarsol (soap alternative) as nappy wipe solution and I think that's key.

Kristie - happy birthday!

DG - well done on the comments, don't they make you feel great?

Kel - *hugs* I hope you get some decent nights soon, its very hard.

Well, we have had an atrocious few nights. I thought it was bad before, well......last night wasn't too bad, still awake every 2hrs for one or the other, and Lil wouldn't go to bed til 945, Liam didnt go down til 8.30. Not so bad, but when you consider they are usually in bed by 6.30-7pm, it's pretty late for them, and me because I wanted to go to bed early (like 8pm kind of early!). Night before that was a write off. Lily was coughing up a lung all night, and Liam woke at 9.30 and wouldn't go back to bed til 1am. I cracked it cause I was sooo tired. Poor DH had to deal with him til he was ready for bed, cause I felt like throwing him out the window. Dh had to go to work but I just couldn't deal with it. I'm so tired and over these sleep issues. They are both still pretty sick at the moment, so I am trying to be patient and I'm praying it all improves in a few days. You'd think with them going to bed later and having such broken sleeps, they'd wake later, but no we're still up before 7am, usually 6. DH is working the next 3 nights too, I'm so not looking forward to it. NO rest for me in the next few days
    Sorry for the whine...I have to whinge to someone! DH is over it all too, so I don't talk to him anymore, LOL. I tried talking to mum yesterday, but she just said, 'Yep I went through it, been there done that.' So not helpful. And she hasn't done what I'm doing anyway. She never worked while we were young, not til we went to school. And she didn't study.
    Anyway, enough of the poor me.....I hope everyone is well. Happy Sunday!!

Kel, you need some help! Call Karitane or Trisillian, you really can't go on like this you poor thing. I honestly don't know how you've done it for as long as you have. It must be even worse with poor Lil being so sick. Please consider getting some sleep school help, you really do need a break.

Kaz, Pips' nappy rash sounds awful. I hate it when it looks red raw. Is Pip teething?

Us, we've had a good couple of days. With no soccer on we've had Craig home all weekend!!! He actually hasn't left the house since he got home from work on Friday I however, went to the footy with Jared today. Would have loved to have left him at home, but after last weeks' bottle debacle I wasn't game to try it again. We had a good time though. He loves the footy!

Ben and Craig had a good time together at home too. I think it was good for them to spend some dedicated time together.

A quieter week on the cards for us this week. No plans at all which is great!

Hello All,
    Dis - Glad you guys had a good time at the footy, you crack me up how you go on your own with Jared, so cool! Nice to have no plans huh? My hospital appt is in two weeks....bit of pink after dtd this weekend...must have a very ripe cervix!?
    Kel- I think too you need to take some steps to get the kids sleeping with some outside help, its not going to happen on its own it seems. Sorry its so crap for you atm, and grrrr to your mum! Hope you survive the nights without DH.
    Kaz- Ick, nappy rash is the worst. Hope it is starting to clearup.
    Us - I have just put Beau down, he is driving me bonkers today! He has started stirring at 3am, then waking at 5:15 - 5:30am and trots out of his room into mine and says "hand" (hold my hand), "milk" and "bum" (spongebob). He is only having a short day sleep and still in bed at 7-7:30pm....he is just so whingey when he wakes up so freakin' early!
    Ok I am slothing while he is asleep x

Hey All, just a quick one here. Becca has been a nightmare, very unsettled at night since friday, so barely any sleep, which led me to a melt down yesterday and nearly anotherone today. Dont know whats going on, but hope shes over it soon.

Got Rebecca weighed today and at 6 months shes 7.6kgs, and 66cm long. Her and Olivia are very much the same at this age. Becs a few hunded grams heavier and a cm longer. Good for me if they are the same build....means same clothes.

Am going to try and wean Olivia off her bottle all together, am having a hard time of it though. She uses it as comfort...especially for sleep time.

Ok, better run, hope you are all well.

Jen and Mel, there must be something in the air with these kids and their sleep. Jared hasn't been having good sleeps the past few nights either. I've even heard Ben stirring and making noises which he doesn't normally do.

Mel, that's the one reason I wish my boys were the same size! Jared's about two months bigger than Ben was (if you know what I mean) and he was born three month's earlier in the year so it's a whole season different There are a few of Ben's old clothes that he can wear, but mostly it's just singlets and stuff

We're hoping to head off to the library today. They are having a simultaneous read a long thingy, but Jared will probably bugger things up - he's having his good sleep now of course!

Hey All,
    Mel, hope you are feeling better after your meltdowns and Rebecca has settled down a bit for you and is sleeping a bit better - is 6months a stormy period? You are very brave weaning her bottle now, good luck! How is Olivia sleeping?
    Dis,Mmm I hadnt thought of the season difference - what a bummer!Hope you made it along to the library and the boys are all ok.
    Us- Beau has woken at 5am the last few days, its getting earlier and earlier - I think he knows he can get a cuddle with Daddy in bed before he leaves if he gets up that early - I put him back to bed today at 6am till 7am with a bottle as I was so tired and he was constantky yawning too....I hope its a phase!
    Hi to everyone else - hope you are all well xx

Well so far so good, Olivias not had a bottle for 3 days now, although she has asked a few times. I have changed her night time routine around too coz I was giving her a bottle in bed to get her to sleep. Now we are doing bath, cup of milk, brush teeth then bed with stories/singing until she falls asleep. The first night took 30 minutes, last night was 10 minutes. Becca has slept well through too so am feeling better. Not so emotional! Now to just get on top of some issues with dh and maybe things will run smoother!

Congratulations Mel! Thats a great acheivement! I am longing to wean Beau off his bottles too, You sound good!
    Us- Beau woke at 4:45 and I gave him some milk and put him back in bed, he woke again at 5:30 when DH left and I gave him MORE milk and put him back in bed and he slept till 7:20....what is up with this kid?
    x

Well we'll have to see how it goes tonight. Olivia has just gone to sleep and its 430. So obviously no 730 bedtime! She gets so tired around this time but usually we are busy doing dinner. Tonight we are having friends over so it will be a late dinner. At least both the girls are sleeping now and I can have some peace!

Well done Mel! Ben has only ever had a sippy cup, no bottle bottle, one of the bonuses of being a booby baby I suppose. I can't see him giving up his sippy cup of milk at bedtime for a long time though, and getting rid of the dummy at bedtime and naptime is going to be even harder. Thank goodness that's the only time he has it though.

Bugger, gotta go and feed the poor starving 8.5kg four month old that's just started sooking about not being fed for an hour and a half!

Wow Mel, thats one big baby! Becs 6 months and 7.8kgs!

When does Ben have his sippy cup? Is it right before bed or earlier?

Tonight was a doozy!!! Our poor friends. She is 37 weeks pregnant and she comes over for dinner and we have 2 screaming kids the whole way through. Then Olivia doesnt want her dinner so I give her something else....then she leans over her chair and throws it all up over the floor. Doh! Well I was right she didnt go down at 730, I managed to get her asleep by 930, still with just a story and a song. Then Becca was in bed by 10. Our poor pregnant guest is asleep on our couch coz dh and his mate are drinking up a storm and listening to Pink Floyd. DH starts is solar panel course tomorrow so will be interesting to see how hung over he is...... He will be busy all Saturday and Monday nights until August...fun.

Well I am off to bed, am hoping that I get a great night sleep...please please!

Hi all!

Jen, my kids are driving me nuts with early mornings too. Today it was 5am. They WILL NOT go back to sleep either. I try and try, but they just end up waking each other up so I'd rather just get up with one (usually Lily) and doze on the lounge then have to get up with the two of them, cause then I really have to watch them, LOL! Otherwise Lil would probably end up seriously injuring Liam in some way!

Mel, poor Olivia, no wonder she fell asleep so early! You've probably turned you friend off kids now, LOL!
    Hope you had a good night sleep.

Dis, my goodness! Jared is one big bub! Liam is 9 1/2 months and is only 9kgs! I love you new ticker pic he's so rolly polly...so cute!!

As for us, we are good. The kids are mostly better now. We all still have a cough but aren't really sick anymore.
    Sleeping has improved, YAY!!! Except for very early mornings . Last night Liam went to bed at 8pm, woke at 11 (when I went to bed) for a feed then not again til 5am, but he refused to go back to sleep, so I was up at 5am...again. They seem to take it in turns. Lily slept from 8.30 til 12am, then til 6.50am. And DH got up for her through the night anyhow. So no 2hrly wake ups for me, wooohooo!!! Night before was pretty good too. And DH let me sleep in and I slept til 9am! It was heaven! I said he must have kept the kids quiet, and he said they were screaming for half of the time, so I must have just been so tired I didn't hear it all.
    DH is helping a friend move today, so I am home alone with the kids again...our only day we can spend the whole day as a family and naturally he arranges to do something else...he has to work tomorrow again, and even if he didn't, he's be playing soccer anyway. And I work during the week if he's off work, so we don't really get time to do fun things, like picnics, cause my hours are 11.30a,-1.30pm. Ugh, I'm over it! I wish I didn't have to work these stupid hours. God I'm a whiner!
    Ok gotta go DH is ready to go, yay...not!
    Have a lovely weekend everyone, hope all is well.

Well Kel if we put them off kids its way too late. Shes almost ready to pop. Girls slept alright and I got to sleep til 645 when Olivia steped on dhs phone that rang my phone.
    Glad you got some better sleep. Dont you hate it when its a 5 am day.
    DH is hung over and gone to the first day of his class....serves himself right! Dont know what I will do today.

Mel, my boy is getting bigger by the day, and I mean chubbier too. His thighs are so massive, I've never seen anything like it and his face is getting chubbier and chubbier. He was 65cms two weeks ago though, so he's not ALL fat I keep getting told my milk must be magic
    Your silly DH! I couldn't bear to have a big night before a big day anymore, I'm certainly not 21 anymore!
    Your poor friend! She's probably getting to the stage where she just wants the bub out now, regardless of anything else

Kel, Sounds like you had a much better night last night! We're not having early morning problems here thank goodness. We have blockout shutters and they are seriously one of the best purchases we have ever made. Our three bedrooms are pitch black with the shutters down. Ben has actually now started to consistently sleep until 7:30-8am every morning for the first time since I went back to work over a year ago. It's awesome!
    Whinge away m'dear, I know EXACTLY how you feel about not getting to spend time as a family. Last weekend was the first weekend in AGES we got to spend all together (but then I was the one who ran off to the footy with Jared!). We usually have a family thing on on Saturdays, with nieces and nephews all over the place, and then the dreaded soccer on Sunday. Today we have a nephew's birthday party, but at least we have most of the day together.

Us, we had a super night last night. Jared slept from 10pm until 5am! What a champ! I feel SO good today!

We're just hanging out at home today. Party this evening for my nephew's birthday (can't believe he's ten, I saw him being born!). Tomorrow is soccer, but I don't know if we will go, it's looking like it will be a bit too cold. I'll see if I need a day out though.

Okay, I'm off to get Ben down for his nap and then enjoy some 'me' time

Ok I'm just gunna have a me post coz I'm really excited and need some advice....

I just got DH his birthday present, a swim with the sharks at the aquarium Thing is he has to do 2.5 hours of training and will be by himself (was kind of hoping to spend the day with him) and then I could watch when he goes to the aquarium. Do I book myself to go with him? Its kind of expensive $350 each. Also I remember diving in Mauritious and I was really scared coz I couldnt breath comfortably....uh so what do I do??? Am so excited!

Do it Mel What an awesome memory for you both and a great experience to share x

It's probably too late Mel, but you probably should do it. I wouldn't, but that's only because I hate the idea of scooba diving. Tried it in Fiji once and it freaked me out!

We're having a good run here. Jared is back to sleeping well at night, with just the one feed - hooray! Also sleeping better during the day. Well ANY sleep during the day is an improvement really

Ben is getting his two bottom 2yo molars. They've broken through on both sides. He had a horribly acidic poo last night which left his bottom bleeding A bit of hydrozole and it has cleared up a lot. Can't wait until the teeth all come through! Doesn't seem to be affecting his sleep though which is good.

Over this rain! Can't get my nappies dry and Ben is dying to go out and play

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast