Default Babies Born April 2007 #18

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in April 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Adminstrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying ~ Senior Moderator
    Nelle ~ Moderator

Should you wish to email them, you can find their email addresses here.

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your Previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-17-a.html

So Jen.....any news???? Test!!!!
    We had a better night as O didnt have a day sleep, went down at 8pm no probs. Still came to our bed around 3am though and I had to sleep on the floor next to her to get her back to sleep.
    O is at mums today so i can do bookwork!

No AF yet ......I feel really stupid cause I just used Round Up on all the weeds while Beau is asleep and feel really ill now....I will test if I dont have it by the end of the week
    Yay on Olivia going down easily for you last night and having a little break today (if book work is a break? Ick) I have been thinking that Beau will start dropping his day sleep soon as it's only been 45min-1hr for ages....then yesterday I go in to wake him after 3hrs 45min as I was getting worried!!! How bizarre! I didnt know what to do with myself LOL!

Oh we had another good night, yay!! Mind you it's the first night I have gotten more than 5hrs broken sleep in about 2 weeks...But last night Liam woke at 11, than at 4 then 7am!!!! And Lil slept til 7 too! And she only woke once, which DH got up for, so yippeeeeee!!!
    Lil had her last appt with the ENT today and her ears are clear, so it looks like she's allergic (or sensitive to) cheese and yogurt, which is making her ears get fluid in them. So no more yogurt or cheese for a few months! But at least she doesn't needs grommets
    And Jen, I agree....TEST!!!!!

Thats good Kel on Lils ears and a bit of sleep and yes....Jen test for us

ok ok I'll get one tomorrow!

Woohoo, I'll have to make sure I log on tomorrow for sure!

Kel and Mel, yay on the better sleeps last night. Must have been something in the air because we had a better night last night too. The night before was horrendous

Spent a lot of today at my SIL's and Ben played with his cousin who is 10 months older. They've had problems in the past, not sharing and fighting over toys, but today was really great. I'll have to do it more often. J screamed the entire time we were there though, he's having terrible trouble with wind right now, I think it might either be doughnuts or white bread, which I've eaten in the past couple of days. I'd forgotten how much you end up eliminating from your diet when breastfeeding!

Both boys are down now - late, but at least I am getting a break - phew!

I'll be logging on for sure....cant help myself!!!

Bookwork is so boring but i have got a fair bit done. Olivia is having dinner at mums so dh and i will eat alone....thats if Becca doesnt play up! Then i will drive to mums and hopefully Olivia will fall asleep for the night on the way home...who knows!

Glad you had a good night too Mel

I cant believe Olivia will be 2 in 15 days :0

Did it - one straight dark single line - I am so bummed

Jen....it will happen babe. When it's meant to. But I know the feeling and it sucks.

Thanks Kel, I know, it just took so long to have Beau and lots of miscarriages, I dont want to be having a 10yr gap between them you know?! I'm just impatient - at least we can do it - we have proof in B!

Oh Jen, I'm so sorry

If you need some cheering up about a wonderful positive birth (something to look forward to, hopefully in the near future!), I posted Jared's birth story. It's a bit long, but hopefully worth the read.

Here's a link to it
    http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/birt...irth-long.html

Hi!

Jen - Sorry to hear your news this month. Crossing everything for you for next time. Big hugs.

Disgirl - Big hugs on bubs being upset at the moment - we had a rotten time when Ethan was about the same age - lasted about 2 weeks and I thought I was going to lose my mind - so much screaming!!! Hopefully he settles for you soon...oh and I wouldn't blame yourself too much - I was blaming it on every little thing I ate and I think it must be more developmental than anything...I thought it was wind but I think he just ended up with more wind from the crying iykwim?
    LOL - I find hanging out washing quite relaxing as well - maybe it's just the break from the kids and being in the sunshine! LOL!
    Wow - Jareds a big boy! Ethan only just weighed 6kg at his 4 months check! LOL!

Mel - Yeah on Becca rolling! Sorry to hear Olivias not sleeping great...
    Big hugs on the weight issue - you have to give yourself a break - it's early days yet - and it's so hard to find the energy for exercise when you're so tired! I think I've been on my treadmill about 4 times since Ethan arrived! LOL!
    In regards to a party - we'll just have the usual family over - I think we're either going with a "cars" theme or "madagascar". He loves both so I'll have to take him to the shop to decide!!!

Kel - Wow on Liam being such a big boy already! You forget how quickly it all starts to happen! Wow! Good news with Lily's ears! Yeah!

Sorry, I've missed so much and it's so late I'll have to leave it there...

Us - We're good - Ethan has finally started to go to bed at a reasonable hour this week so a routine is kind of starting to happen! Although for him to have a full sleep he's only having 3 catnaps a day but we can't win them all! LOL! He's so gorgeous though and giving lots of smiles - he's started solids now as well!
    Dylans so great! He's really starting to grow up a lot - his talking is coming along really well and he's becoming such an affectionate little thing - Louis and him are the bestest of buddies. He's very good with bubs as well and was playing peek a boo with him yesterday! He can count to 20 now with a little help and is really loving puzzles! He's doing really well with walking around at shops and stuff now and I don't always have to have him in the pram - I hold onto his hand and Louis holds onto his other hand and off we go! I always thought he'd run off but he's been quite good!
    Louis is great too - my grown up little monkey!
    As much as they can drive us crazy sometimes we so need to appreciate this time with them - they grow up sooo fast!
    I'm well also...just starting to build up my Body shop and TL businesses again as I'm dying for some spending money!! I need new clothes! I just threw out all my clothes that I never wear and realised I have the worlds smalles wardrobe - on a positive though I fit into all my clothes again - woohoo! I'll have to watch it when I stop bf though - I'm sure thats what's done it!
    ummm...that's probably about it!

Chat later!

Kris, great to hear from you. I was actually thinking about you last night when I was trying to get to sleep and wondering how you are.

We had a really good night with Jared last night! I decided that I would let him sleep on his tummy and it made the world of difference! He slept from 10:30 until I got him up for a dream feed at 3:30 and then slept again until 8:30 without ever really waking up!!! Wow! The reason for the dream feed? Ben had a bad night - of course Not his fault he had an upset tummy poor little guy. Had an awful nappy this morning first thing. We had our nephew's birthday last night and I think he over-indulged on the fairy bread - which was white bread when he's used to wholemeal. Anyway, he seems fine now and is already back in bed

Is anybody close to toilet training? A little girl from Ben's Mum's group is already fully day-trained! Far out! Ben is only just sometimes telling us he's done a poo. Totally not ready for even beginning. He did tell us this morning though that his Bee was wet. His Bee is his nappy as he wears Baby Beehinds and they have Bees on them When we said we'd change his nappy though he told us 'Noooo" I guess I should be happy that we're slowly getting there! I'm not really in a hurry he'll do it when he's ready.

Hi!

Disgirl - Yeah at a great nights sleep! Poor Ben and his upset tummy - glad he's feeling better now.
    We haven't got to tt yet. I want to get Louis night trained and then we'll deal with Dylans day training. He's not really showing signs he's ready yet although he does tell me when he's done a poo and goes and lies down for me to change him.

I've had a gorgeous day! Ethan's had 2 biggish sleeps and Louis and Dylan had an arvo nap so for about an hour they all crossed over - woohoo!! Got the washing out and kitchen tidy and some washing folded! I had the boys up with me on the bench today making choc chip muffins - yum! They love putting in the ingredients and mixing it all up! (and eating it of course!!LOL!)

ok..better keep going! Chat later!

Hey All, I wrote a massive post the other day and lost it and was so peeved off I turned off the computer and havent had the chance to re write...actually not even going to bother!!!
    Jen am so sorry that you got a bfn, hopefully it will be soon for you. You know your body can do it now. It took 8 months ttc with Olivia and only 2 months ttc with Rebecca!
    Mel; am glad you are doing well with Jareds sleep. Rebecca sleeps from around 9pm til 730am. Olivia is the one who keeps us up most of the nights. The other night she had a tantrum at 130am....it was horrible. Poor little Becca woke up with her screaming and banging. She pinched me, hit dh and threw the pillows, all coz I said that she had to sleep without me laying next to her. AAHHHH. We have fully dropped day sleeps coz we dont want her sleeping at 11pm and it seems to have worked, 730 til 8pm is her sleep time As for tt, we were looking at it before then I realised I dont have the patience!!!! She mostly has her nappy off during the day and we get her to sit on the potty. Shes only weed in it once and on the toilet once. Poo goes anywhere!!! She tells us whats happening and doesnt like wet nappies on! So I really should pull my finger out.

Kris- great to hear from you. I must catch up with you and Kaz, let me know when youre free. I am always busy Tuesdays and wednesdays, other than that can do any time....preferably mornings Glad things are settling for Ethan, he sounds so different to the other 2!

Kel- hows it going? You must be busy with work. Hows your weight loss going? Youre on the weight loss challenge? Hows Lil going? has she got all her teeth yet? And Liam crawling! Wow. Olivia has only 2 more molars to come through. Cant wait for her teething to finish....then we got the next ones!!!!

Kaz, Von.....hows things?

Us we are ok except Olivias sleep issues, but other than that we are doing well. Olivia is talking lots, shes got a great memory...we were driving past a lake last night in the dark and she knew it was there! I know we go past it all the time, but that just amazed me....ok shes coming to type...might get on tonight. DH is away tonight as he is a groomsman in a wedding I'm going to tomorrow....no kids invited so mums baby sitting

Hi!

Mel - Wow - I hope Olivia gets past this sleep thing soon! It must be so draining for you with bubs as well...Big hugs! Have a great time at the wedding tomorrow!
    I would love to catch up soon! Mon or Fri is best for us...did you want to go to a play centre or something???

Also...

Mel/Kaz - I'm inviting you guys to my place for a Total Learning new catalogue launch I'm doing! It's on 4th April from 2-4pm. It's a mystery host party so 1 person will get heaps of freebies and giving away a mem fox book with any orders etc...
    No stress if you can't make it/don't want to come but just thought I'd let you know!!!!

Chat later!!

HEy Kris- I hope she does too! Well I just had the crappiest night. Olivia threw up all over me on the carpet in her bedroom and on the floor boards. of course it was when Becca was ready for a feed so she was screaming and dh is away. It still stinks in here! I dont know how to get that smell out of the carpet!! or my nose.

Oh and Kristie, mondays and fridays are good. I will see if I can get to your party, just remind me a few days before!

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast