Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #18

HEy Jen...I had high risk with Olivia, for my age, I was 30 and it was supposed to be 1 in 520, I was 1 in 19 and also high risk of trismoy 18...1 in 2o something. Livs NT scan showed a neck thickness of 6mm, its supposed to be less than 3mm. So we talked about things and we decided to have a cvs...bit like an amnio and make sure she was ok. If you need any more info I can help you out. Its a very trying time and its very scary and am almost in tears thinking about how you are feeling. All the best.

OMG, you girls chatted up a storm today!!!

Kris, yep, I know the sleep deprivation is a big culprit for my weight, but so are my serious sugar addiction and lazy habbits, LOL! It's funny cause I always manage to get healthy food for Lily to eat, but for me, I have crap. Or just toast...
    I know I shouldn't let DH make me feel guilty. I still do though. Sometimes I feel guilty cause I think he's been at work all day and is really tired. I know I work too (but only 15hrs a week if I don't do xtra), I know I look after the kids and cook and clean, but...
    Woohoo, going to see Pink! I hope you have a great time!! I'm jealous!! And woohoo that E slept through! Again, I'm jealous!! LOL

Mel, I know about being disappointed by good friends, or people who you thought were good friends. It hurts and it makes it hard to make new friends. All of the people who were my 'best' friends were girls I had known for years, one since kindy. I think that's why it has been hard for me to find a really good friend again too, because I had my bestest buddies since I was a kid, so I never had to make really good friends. Everyone else was an added bonus, but not a best friend! So now I just have acquaintences really. One good friend, who could be a best friend I think, but I don't know, maybe I'm scared. I always think she's got something better to do than think of me...
    yayyyy that you've lost some more weight! Congrats and good on you for sticking at it! Great job!! I don't remember the last time I was that weight....actually yes I do, it was before my 2nd m/c. I seem to have put on about 5kg each time I've been pg. Unfortunately for me that's 4 pg's, so 20kgs...well over 20kgs now
    That's great that Olivia is going well with her tt. Wt least having her rudie nudie is teaching her to go to the loo! Lily just pees where ever she's standing! At least we have mostly tiles in the house. 9/10 wees are on tiles!

Dis, I'm free next week. So glad that it's actually good timing for you! I'm usually so out of sync with other people and it's a bad time for them. Umm, I don't know many places to meet on the Liverpool/Campbelltown side of us. I know there's Wiggles world (or whatever it's called!) in Villawood or Lollipops at Wetherill Park. But that's a bit of a hike for you. Is there anywhere in Liverpool? Or somewhere else that way?? I have no idea.
    How cute Ben sounds with his I wuv oo's. I love it when Lil tells me she loves me. It's only been after I've said it so far, no out of the blue 'Love you's' for us yet!
    Hope your arvo has been ok, with Ben and his boredom and Jared and his sleeplessness!

Jen, I hope everything is ok hun. You've had more than enough to worry about with this pg.

Well, DH and I took an 'us' day today, well it was only 3 1/2 hrs, but better than nothing!! I had a day off work. We left the Liam at mums and Lily with my SIL (mum won't look after both at once ). I just let them both think I was goign to work. I felt a little guilty, but my mum will ***** and whinge if she thinks I'm going out to do 'fun' things and she's looking after one of the kids. The only reason she'll look after one or the other is so I can work, or if I have an important appointment or something. So I lied...We went to the movies and saw transformers. I really enjoyed it! It was nice to be with DH alone for a while. Even if we were in the cinema. We got a coffee and wedges in before we went in so we got to chat a bit too. It was good. I think we need to do it more often! But th logistics are a bit tougher with two kids now!

Any way this post is huge!! Gonna go have a warm bath my tootsies are frozen!!!

Hey Girls, thanks.
    I rang the hospital last night because I was upset on the phone to the midwife originally and I forgot to ask my "number" - its 1:320 which isnt as bad as what i had thought, I wish the midwife had said that in the first place. Still it's freaky when with Beau it was in the thousands and that was less than three years ago. Its re-assuring Mel that everything with Olivia worked out so beautifully and they gave you some hard facts. Its really stressful though, dont know how I will handle playgroup today when people ask about the PG. A CVS has less chance of miscarriage doesnt it? Did you have to wait 2 weeks for the results?
    Yay Kel you had some "you/us" time! Good on you - its only a white lie and its for the greater good!

Hey Jen thats an ok number....must be the combined results that has given your care providers an interest. A cvs is done earlier than amnio. I had mine at 14 weeks. The risk is slightly higher for miscarriage its 2 in 100. What they do is give you a local anesthetic and put a wopper of a needle in your tummy and take a sample from the placenta...with the amnio the sample the fluid. For me the proceedure didnt hurt, it was after, like I had done 1000 sit ups without training. I think if you had to do it with a toddler I would definately recommend that you get someone to do everything for you for around 5 days. I had mine done on the Friday and I reckon by the Tuesday was feeling much better. I opted to get the Fish results ( i think thats what they are called), which came back a few days later and basically they tested the markers for trisomy 21 (down syndrome) and t13 and t18...they are the most common genetic disorders. Then the rest of the results come back 2 weeks later. Its a very hard time. Make sure you get genetic counselling...we were offered it from our hospital and basically they go through famiy history with you. Its good they do that as they can answer questions you might have.

If you have anymore questions please ask. Its was like it was yesterday for me. The good thing that came out of our tests was that DH and I worked out that we were on the same page when it came to what decision we would make. It made us much closer and stronger. AND we got to find out the sex of the baby 100% at 14 weeks pg. All the best Jen. I know its hard.

Hey Mel,
    Thanks for that info - I think I would opt for a cvs aswell, I dont think I could wait for an amnio. I am sure in my heart the baby is ok, and the ratio is pretty high - but I know myself, and stressing the whole pregnancy will make life hell for everyone including the baby. I am a bit concerned though that a few of the places I have rung dont seem to even know what the tests are! Will wait and see who the doc reccommends tomorrow - its weird up here, unless you know where to go.....I am used to the city where you can have anything done, anywhere, TOMORROW! I have heard of the FISH test and we will opt for that, I think its another $100 or so - but worth it for the speed?
    DH and I feel the same way if the results are positive for downs, as you say, its good to know you both feel the same without having to discuss it at length.
    Sorry to rabbit on about this pregnancy when this forum is supposed to be about our toddlers!

Hi!

Jen - Oh you poor thing having to go through all this - I'm hoping everything turns out fine for you! xoxoxo

Kel - How fantastic you an dh went out just the 2 of you!! Well done!! Sounds likes it's been a worthwhile fib! LOL! Maybe you could tell a fib like that each month and make it a regular thing!!

Disgirl - Bugger Ben's been hitting Jared...hopefully he stops soon! How clever of him sitting up - won't be long and he'll be crawling all over the place! LOL!

Well - we had an AWESOME time at Pink!!! The concert was amazing - she is so fantastic!! I've got a sore throat today from singing and yelling so much!! LOL! I don't think dh knew what had happened to me (then again he hasn't seen me at the football either!) It was great to get out with Michael as well - I actually felt a bit funny as it's the first time we've left the baby for so long (normally he is with dh) not that I worried about mum being with them but just in general iykwim??
    It was a late night - 2am by the time I got to bed but the kids slept well for me until 7.30am...and I haven't crashed just yet - I've got to go and do food shopping when Michael gets home so can't afford to yet anyway...
    I took Ethan to the dr yesterday and he has the beginnings of an ear infection...poor little monkey is on antibiotics now so I'm glad I took him - good timing really as it hadn't really developed...

Ok...better go and write my shopping list!! Chat later!

Yeah Jen it make it alot easier to make any sort of decision when you are on the same page. I definately think its worth the extra money for the FISH test. Its hard waiting a few days let alone 2 weeks. I hope its all good news and dont worry we are here to support your new member even though this is supposed to be about the toddlers! I talk about Bec here more than my thread because I actually get more response here...so slow over there!

Kris glad you had a good time. hope ethan is ok. I have just notice Bec coming down with gunky eyes...better get on to it!

Kel good to hear you got some couple time. You dont paint a pretty picture of your mum! I suppose I dont sometimes of mine...she who puts the yoghurt in the microwave!

Well I am trying to sort out the girls clothes but keep getting interrupted....Olivia pulled off her shoes and decided to walk out in the mud in her socks....got to run shes raiding the cupboard....shes still hungry!

Hi girls, I popped in earlier today, but didn't have time to post.

Mel, my thread with Jared is the same. You can hear the crickets chirping away and I'm often talking to myself in here. It's much better in here with you chatty girls
    I forgot to tell you yesterday that Ben is a little piggy too. He ate a ridiculous amount of food yesterday, about twice what I ate, including two sandwiches, two sausages and a hot dog for lunch! I think they must be going through a growth spurt. With Jared about to start food in a few weeks, I am dreading what our food bill will be like in the future...

Kris, glad you enjoyed Pink! I always feel weird when I leave the kids with anyone other than DH. I think it's pretty natural. Still haven't left Jared for more than a couple of hours as he's still refusing the bottle. I'm already starting to dread going back to work in December because I'll have to leave him all day a couple of times a week.

Jen, rabbit on all you like about your pregnancy and new bub I'm sorry you have to go through all these tests. I'm glad you and your DH are on the same page, it makes a big difference knowing you're on the same wavelength.

Kel, good on you for telling a little white lie to get some time alone with your DH! Your mum sure does sound like a bit of an odd one. Surely two kids for two hours wouldn't be that hard would it? And geez, can't she give you just a bit of a break? Nup, I reckon you totally did the right thing to get some alone time with your DH.
    Next week should be okay for us to catch up. We're all a bit stuffed up and scratchy throated at the moment, so as long as it doesn't develop into anything more, it will be good. I'll see if I can find somewhere liverpoolish where the older kids can run riot and hopefully wear themselves out a bit!

Us, well it's been a mixed day. Ben is definitely pushing boundaries at the moment. We're hearing a lot of 'No's' which is taking some getting use to. He used to be so good! I'm finding though if I can keep him busy, he's pretty good. It's the times when I'm feeding or changing Jared that are the hardest, or when I run out of energy and patience DH had noticed a change in him too, so it's definitely not just me. Jared has been good though, he slept for an hour and a half today, which is long for him. DH also sent me on a bike ride when he got home from work, which I asked him to do. I took Ben with me on the back and even though it was only about 15 minutes, boy what a workout!!! I'll be feeling that tomorrow The biscuits are still gone, but I had a couple of small pieces of chocolate this arvo. Today is also the first day without a headache since I decided that I was eating too much rubbish. I guess my body is starting to operate okay without all that sugar.

How are we going to do this weigh in? Are we going to give actual weights or just how much we've lost? I've already lost almost a kg this week! It's amazing how my body is reacting so quickly. Would love to completely get rid of this awful jelly-belly though!!!!

Hi!

Had a shocker of an arvo doing the shopping - I left the card at home so Michael had to transfer money over to another one and then I forgot the pin number and all this stuff - I don't think it would have bothered me had I had a full nights sleep but I was tired and niggly...it got done in the end though - LOL!
    All good now though - kids are in bed and all is calm and quiet!!

Jen - I meant to write before that of course we don't mind you talking about your p/g - I think we're all good enough friends now that we just talk about our lives and anything that's happening in them - including our children!!

Mel - LOL at Olivia running out in the mud! Cheeky little girl...

Dis - Sorry to hear Ben's testing you! It's definitely normal for this age!! Just keep being consistent with disciplining him and he'll be fine...Dylan does a lot of attention seeking at the moment and we've kept getting drawn in and in yes no arguments with him and we've been ignoring a lot of it now and it's worked so well! Also have started taking toys away for a day and that has worked wonders!!! Dylan never used to pack up, Louis would do it all and now Dylans packing up and helping out a lot more - also they're fighting a lot less between each other because they know whatever they're fighting over I'll take off them! LOL!! So many great new tactics!!! Makes life a lot easier when you're not arguing with kids all day - I highly recommend MIchael Grose - the book I'm reading is for 3-12yo but it applies to younger kids as well basically, just have to make a few allowances...
    Yeah for getting out on the bike!! Well done!!

You're all doing so well taking steps towards losing weight - I think I'm still gaining - I haven't got myself in the right mindset yet! LOL! I def going to try and head to the gym at least one night next week though...

I think we should weigh in over the weekend with a starting weight and go from there...

Ok..didn't realise it was so late - I soooo need to get to sleep! Nigh night!

Kris, we have started taking toys off him and putting them 'up high' We give one warning and then they're gone. Seems to work most of the time. He had a lovely play with DH and Jared last night where he was even sharing his beloved Thomas trains! That's a first!!! He's still a bit sniffly at the moment so I think he's just a bit clingy which is driving me a bit nuts.

Jared didn't have a good night again last night. I put garlic and curry in my spag bol last night and I think that's why. I hardly had any sleep. Sooooo tired! At least DH will be home around 10:30 and our weekend begins!!!

Garlic and curry? Is that all you need to upset them>? Hey I havent b/f since xmas and I still have milk. the other night I gave my nipple a squeeze...coz I was telling dh about how milk was running down my tummy when I held becca....and milk squirted across the room! During dtd, dh always says that he has a mouthful!!!! Does it go away soon?

Kris sounds like you had a horror day, hope today is better.

Jen just wanted to let you know that i will be thinking about you today. Hope you get all the info you need and can make appointments soon x o

I have been up since 5am, finally got becca to sleep. Olivia has been her grumpy morning self, but is finally starting to cheer up. I have just had breakfast and the house is a pig sty. DH is home thismorning as he has a funeral to go to. Last week his ice hockey mate died in a car crash...was all over the news. He was also a good friend of our apprentice, so a sad day today...actually its been a sad week.

I am off to kidspace in hallem todayto meet up with some friends. Just got to get dressed and organise food and we can go

Take care

Wow, were such a bunch of chatty Cathy's lately!! It's nice to come in a see everyone...

Jen, I'm glad that your number is better than you expected. I'm sure it's hard but try to focus on that.

Kris, lol, I have thought of lying to mum more regularly (did I just say that??!!), but I could only really do it when I work and that would mean taking more time off. I try to save my days off for the kids when they are sick, kwim? I don't want to take too much time off work, I feel guilty, besides, I am obligated to do a good job!! That includes actually going as much as I would prefer not to...
    I bet you had a great time at Pink. Would you believe I have never been to a concert! I plan on going to one next year, when the kids are bigger and mum and/or SIL can look after them for a night.
    I hope Ethan is feeling better. Ear infections suck cause you can't really tell when they get one.
    I did that recently with shopping too. I had to use a different card than I usually do, and forgot the pin. I ended up having to put it on our credit card!

Mel, I don't mean to put my mum in such a horrible light. Really she's not a horrible person and she does do alot for us. And I love her to death. But she just doesn't help much me where I need it most- with the kids. She knows what it feels like mostly, she had kids the same age exactly as I do. Maybe she handled it better. She's of the school of thought that she did it alone so I should too. But she didn't work as well. And my dad helped alot, he cooked most nights, and bathed us. He worked a normal job, home at 4pm. My DH is useless most of the time. He hardly does anything unless I nag or tell him what to do. He has days off at a time and the house is worse off after, not cleaner. I can't remember the last time he cooked dinner. He only gave me some time alone on the weekend because I burst into tears as I was getting into the car to go out with the kids and him. Then he finally realised how tired and tense I was. He works shifts and even when on day shifts isn't home til 7pm, when the kids are either in bed or just ready to go to bed. Night shifts suck even more!! But anywaayyy......

Dis, yeah, I don't think my kids are very hard to look after. I mean Lily is full of beans but she's so good for mum. And if she's really sturggling, she could just put on Dora and Lily is mesmerised! But she hasn't looked after both at once ever. I have to coordinate my SIL to look after one and her to look after the other or Lily goes to occaisional care if I want to go out alone. Makes things harder.
    Let me know which day you would like to catch up, I am free any day. I did try to find somewhere closer to you, but had no luck. Did you? Surely there has to be somewhere!
    Yay that you've already lost some weight!! That's great! I am trying to be good, but I just eat without realising it. Yesterday I had some cookies that our cook at work made. I don't even really know how many...3...4??? I have no idea! But that's my problem. I eat lunch at work with the kids, so I'm having two hot meals a day. Usually a saucy meat and pasta/ rice dish for lunch, then whatever I make for dinner. Plus afternoon tea at work too. Then I feed my kids when I get home and I usually eat with them cause Lily eats better if I eat too... so it's not really unhealthy just waaayyy too much food! But I do have a serious chocolate addiction. Which I think I'm doing well with since I've had none for three days so far! I'm up sor a weigh in. I don't mind telling my weight or whatever. I know I'm fat, lol

Well we had a horrible night again. Liam is waking so much. I'm pretty sure he's teething but they are taking their sweet time to come through. I'm buggered. I was tired before I even got out of bed. I hate feeling like this! But I have another day off work cause mum couldn't look after Liam today. So I might be able to get a nana nap in today, I hope so anyway!

Hi!

Well..I ended up going to bed after 11pm by the time I stuffed around and then Ethan woke up and wouldn't go to sleep even after a feed so it was about 1am by the time he actually went back to sleep...grrrr.
    How's the news about Michael Jackson!! Sort of didn't come as much of a surprise really...
    We're heading over to a friends tonight for home made pizza in their outdoor pizza oven and I'm making little choccy self saucing puddings for dessert - yum!! We're heading over when Michael gets home and taking the boys pj's so they will just go to sleep onthe way home...

Dis - Aww thats great Ben played well last night!! Sorry to hear Jared was up - I found once Ethan got stuck right into solids that I haven't had to worry about what I eat so hopefully he'll lose his sensitivity soon!

Mel - LOL!!!! I don't let dh go anywhere near my nipples usually...it freaks me out more than him though! LOL! Wow - I can't believe you still have so much milk!! I wonder how long mine will last when I wean? I've been p/g every time I've finished feeding so this will be the first time that I'm not (when the time comes...)
    So I take it your TTC??? I forgot to write about you asking about the gender conceiving method thing - can't remember the name - are you going to try for a boy??? I'm very excited for you TTC you crazy thing!! LOL!

Kel - LOL - I haven't been to a concert in a LONG time...we went to the Aria's once but this was our first big concert together. I went to a lot of concerts as a teenager but then we never really had enough money - moving out of home at 18 is not really that great on your finances - LOL!!
    My mums the same - I managed so you can too - she's the opposite of your mum though in that she will only babysit if it's for us to go out - she won't babysit regularly so I can work...
    Sounds like you need to start expecting more of your dh with helping with kids and around the house...MIchael is up anywhere from 5.30-6am every morning and works a hard labour job and is home around 4pm generally and he still helps with dinner (we often do it together - or he deals with the kids while I'm cooking) baths the kids and usually helps tidy up the mess afterwards!!! I mean, there are days when he comes home for a snooze in the arvo which is fine but generally we work together to get everything done - Also, he's probably helped out a bit more with each baby if that makes sense - he didn't need to do as much when we just had Louis but now with 3 little ones I'd lose the plot if I didn't get the help!!!
    If you're not happy with the way things are then you really need to make changes to make things a little easier on you!!!! You're working as well as looking after your bubbas!! It's no surprise that you're over it and feeling like you are!!! xo
    Hope you get a snooze today...

Chat later!

Hey There everybody....
    Just waiting for DH to come home to go to the hospital....B is asleep, we have had the morning outside in the gloriuos sunshine, painting and washing and lazing on the grass! I am still in my kind of pyjamas though!
    Thanks for all the words of support, I am trying to focus on the 319 chances that the baby is beautiful and healthy not the 1/320 chance that there is something wrong.

Kris - Glad you had such a great time, bummer on the lack of sleep! Is the Michael Jackson thing confirmed? I havnt had the tele on since 8am....have a great night tonight - sounds yummy! I make pizza for us on the weekends a bit - nothin like homemade!

Kel - Nah, you dont paint your mum that bad, its just hard when they are so annoying! I love my mum more than anything, but sometimes she can be so cliched with the "supportive" things she says or comments,(like last night) she doesnt really "listen" iYKWIM? Doesnt mean I love her any less, just bugs the bejesus out of me! Sounds like yr mum did have it easier than you, having your partner home at a reasonable time and actively helping is ernormous! Hope Liam's teeth pop through fast for you!

Dis- We havnt gotten to the "no" stage yet thankfully, we have had some hitting and things which is freaky when PG, sounds like taking the toys away is the way to go. I was thinking yesterday that Beau hasnt been on the naughty step in weeks and its so nice not to fight him - then he has been on it twice today already little bugger! Good on you going for a bike ride - I want to get one of those little trailer thingis for B to sit in! They look super cool, I would be too worried about my co-ordination if he was on the back of my bike I think LOL!! We had Spagetti Bolognaise last night too - lots of garlic, no curry though! Poor Jared and you x

Mel- I meant to ask what was yr number with Becca? Ick at being up at 5am, DH lgets up then and I havnt been able to go back to sleep the last week so I hear ya! Mmm hilarious about your DH with your milk ha ha ha! wow its really stickin around isnt it? Thats a long time 6 months! Maybe see the doctor, dont htey have something you can take to "make it dry up?" Thats really sad about your Dh's friend, was he very young? Yay at TTC!!! From what I know of shettles it is more successful for conceiving a boy - we tried shettles for a girl but decided we just wanted a baby! I am not that fertile at the best so that with dates and blah blah it was all a bit hard! Anyway the positions for conceiving a boy are way more fun for the woman than trying for a girl - and it helps if you orgasm too - yay!
    Ok, better go and get dressed better than I am now....

Hehe...yep am going to start ttc in about October but come off the pill this week....and would really love a boy, but a healthy baby is good. Am going to borrow a book from the library and see if it helps....any tips? Oh I might have to refrain from dtd more than once a cycle!!! try and aim it for O day...although it kinda doesnt make it fun and spontaneous!!!

Jen, I have my results here, maternal age risk was 1 in 397 and combined risk was 1 in 5830 for Down Syndrome and it was 1 in 1050 MAR and 1 in 52500 for Trisomy 18. That was for rebecca. I think the issue with Olivia was that her neck thickness was so great. I tell you though, I was packing big time for the NT test for Bec coz I didnt want to have to go through it all over again. Its emotional anguish. I will probably do the same for the next one. As you can see from my previous posts, its still very fresh and raw. I dont think I ever got over having to think about choosing..it was a hard one. All the best today.

As for the milk, I will ask when I go next to the dr. I did take some tablets to dry it up but they made me very unwell. It gave us a supprise when it squirted across the room.

I havent seen dh yet today. His friend was only 19, such a waste. Speed was involved and what I saw on the news last week, the car was a mess so he would have dies instantly.

Oh and we have mice.....eeeww. I am seriously wondering why! I clean, I am not dirty. Last night I told dh that I heard rattling under the fridge and he pulled the fridge out and the thing ran over my foot. Then we found another one in the trap. Yuck.

Sorry about the me post.....I have to put on the roast lamb...its a big one and am supposed to be finding out how long to cook it. Its 2.7kgs. We usually have smaller ones.

OMG Mel, it ran over your foot?!?!?! I would have been running screaming down the street! We just got rid of the last of our mice. We tend to get them rather frequently, since next door have this huge pile of weeds/bush thing that they seem to like. When it gets cold or wet, the try to find somewhere more cosy to live, and our house is it
    What a waste with your DH's friend

Jen, how did you go at the hospital? When do you get the first lot of results? How are you feeling?
    Ben didn't say no until just around Christmas. Never said it before then, so it's like he's making up for lost time. He was a bit naughty this morning so all his trains ended up 'up high' until after his nap. He's been an angel and lots of fun this afternoon

Kris, from memory, Ben was fine once I started him on solids too. Only a few more weeks until I start J now. Not looking forward to it, since I make all the food myself - it's a lot of hard work. Somehow I don't think I'm going to stress about it as much this time around though. J will probably be eating family foods with us in two month's time
    I'm the same with my boobs while bfing! I have trouble getting out of the mindset that those things are for food not fun right now

Kel, mid-late next week is probably best to make sure Ben is over the sniffles. It hasn't really developed into a cold yet, but we are out at two birthday parties tomorrow so that might make it a little worse.

We had a bad night here, but a better day. I watched PS I Love You this morning and bawled from beginning to end. Ended up with a headache The boys have been fun today and Ben seems to be making a much bigger effort to share his toys. Don't know how long it will last.

Gotta go. Dinner is cooking away, but there are clothes to be folded. I hate going into the weekend with a million things leftover to do around the house!

Hey All,
    Well the hospital went ok yesterday - the doctor was really good, an obstetrician which was pleasantly surprising (small hospital, not the one I will have my cesar in but do all my appts there), the midwife, trainee, DH, Beau and I were all in this tiny room - we listened to what he had to say (he was a bit doom and gloom but I guess they have to be cautious) and then opted for the amnio (Im too far gone for a CVS), It wont be until Wednesday week, with a follow up appt on the Friday at 8:30am for the FISH results. PHEW! Feeling ok, DH's brother is having a big family BBQ next weekend but I dont feel like I want to go and break the news when there is a bit of a cloud over everything, we lied and said we had visitors! Bad huh?
    Mel - Still cant get over how much milk you have! Thats a shame the pills made you ill, wow, you may as well hang onto it if you are TTCing soon LOL That must have been a relief when you got Bec's scores back for the NT, at least you will feel a bit more confident for the next - I think this might be it for us after all this extra anxiety. We have had mice since it got cold, I mean we had them for a week or two but they are gone now, our Jack Russells caught three and the traps two. Dogs won he he!
    Dis - Mmm I cried in that movie too! Love a good bawl, DH likes it when I watch chick flicks cause he always gets lucky! "He's just not that into you" last Saturday night and yes he got lucky after that! Ha! Hey I am the same, Friday I run around like craxy so I dont have to do floors or washing on the weekend, doesnt usually work though! Sorry you had a bad night, glad Ben has been cute for you - Beau has been a wretch this afternoon, DH went fishing at 3pm and before that we have been painting the house all day - I am exhausted and B didnt help! I was glad to send him off to bed - oh well tomorrow is another day and another chance for him to be gorgeous again......
    Have a good night everyone - we hired Slumdog Millionare but I think it will be going back unwatched, I am knackered! x

Hellooooo, Lovely ladies,

Kris don't you hate it when you have every intention of going to bed early and then end up going later than you usually do?? I usually do it when I think I'll go to bed at xxx time and then don't end up in bed til midnight or something. I'm trying to go to bed before 10 tonight. Don't be surprised if I'm still sitting here!
    MMMM,yum!! Your dinner sounds delish! Hope you had a good night.
    And yep, I have started writing down some stuff I think that should change. For the both of us, not just him. But mostly him, LOL! I'm just so not happy at the moment. I feel so in...turmoil?? I don't know somthing like that. My house is a bomb and it makes my mind feel so 'messy' too, so then the rest of everything is crazy too. I don't know if you know what I mean. It sounds silly when I re read it! But if things that I look at all the time are messy then the rest of me is too...I don't know how else to put it. I'm a perfectionist and things are so far from right at the moment it makes me unhappy, in myself. I am going to try to stick to it this time. I have tried to change things before but they change for a week then go back to how it always was. I mean he's sooo not a bad father or hubby, by a HUGE long shot! And he has moments of absolute brillance, but at the moment he's rather lacking in the taking care of me and our relationship part. Which makes me not take care of him and our relationship I have tried and tried and he takes and takes and I get more upset that he seems to be ignoring me, which has a ripple effect on everything...I don't mind giving him his time alone, but I get resentful when I get nothing back. He doesn't think to do stuff for me just because I might like it.
    I love what you said before, about nothing changes if nothing changes. So simple, so true. I'm going to try to remember that!!
    I'm sorry for the whining!....OK, enough blabbering!!! God I need friends in real life to blabber on to about this stuff!

Jen, I'm hoping everything went well yesterday. hun, I can't imagine how scary it is having to wait and not know.

Mel, How exciting ttc!! I never used any method with either of mine, I just got lucky!! But good luck trying for a boy.
    When I stopped feeding Lily, I had a bit of milk still when I fell pg with Liam, but I had only stopped bfing about a month before. THough I never had a great supply with Lily. So I'm not any help for you either. I have heard though that cold and flu tabs can dry up supply, as can sinus tabs. Cause that's what they do, dry up excess fluid- snot and phlegm! (hehe, noice!!) But I'd ask your gp first.
    Hope your roast turned out ok.....mmmm, lamb roast!

Dis, Liam is eating family foods now. He's eating stuff like spag bol, and I just chop it up, he can manage it with his four teeth But I think my kids are good at eating, as in I don't think their gag reflex is that strong. It amazes me the things they manage to swallow! Liam will eat a banana whole now. And he eats apples, pears, mandarins whole, I don't cut it up or anything, just peel it and give it to him!! I don't mash much for him to eat and haven't for a while now.
    I hope the kids didn't get any sicker at the parties. If you want to postpone, just let me know that's fine. But also I don't mind if your kids have the sniffles. If I didn't take mine out when they had a runny nose, we'd be house bound every second week! But if they are sick, I understand. I can pm you my mobile number if you like. Did you find anywhere closer to you? I don't mind driving out that way. I just don't know the areas out there, and I'm prone to getting rather lost, I have a terrible sense of direction. I'll probably end up in melbourne!! LOL. DH and I have an ongoing joke whenever I drive up the coast on my own that it's a rule if I get past Brissy that I have to go visit his family...I don't drive up there alone often...LOL!

Us, well, I'm feeling ok. Still a bit...bleugh. Lonely. Stressed. Whatever...but the kids have been lovely today and very kissy and cuddly, just what I needed. And I shouted us all to breaky out, even though we couldn't really afford it, and it was money I was supposed to pay off a layby! But I had some delicious pancakes with banana and strawberries and a yummo hot coffee!! Lily was hilarious this arvo telling me that she 'sarted' (farted) and then makes farting noises. Then we saw a ****atoo out on the telegraph pole and it poo'ed and now she looks out the window and says 'Oh poooeeee ****y, ****y stinky, ****y sarted...! She's such a clown!
    DH is on night shift tonight and has soccer tomorrow. So not looking forward to a night alone. Hopefully the kids sleep. But htey usually don't sleep well when DH is on anight shift. They probably sense my stress...

Ok that's me....Happy Sunday girlies.
    Last edited by MrsFabuloso; June 27th, 2009 at 09:42 PM.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast