Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #18

Hi girls, just a quick one from me as Jared isn't well

I weighed myself this morning and was 80.5kgs. On Friday it was down to 79.5kgs so that made me pretty happy I would like to get down to around 75kgs until I stop breastfeeding, then get down to below 70kgs after that

Jared is doing his grunting cough again This is what he was doing when we ended up in hospital for four days I think we might have to head up to the docs today. Ben has already said "No go hospital. Stay home"

Kel, I'm going to have to put our meet up on hold for the time being. I don't want to make plans only to have to cancel them. Hopefully we'll be able to do it soon though.

Rough night here too with J up a lot during the night due to his blocked nose. Hope to catch up with you all properly soon.

Mel- hope that Jared is ok. Must be scary hearing that same sound and Ben is obviously aware.

kel- hows things going for you? Glad you did something for you, sonded nice

Us- both girls are sick so am off to the gp today. Yesterday the slept from 3pm til 7pm so needless to say I didnt get to bed til midnight. Becca was in our bed by 230 and they were both up at 615. They had about 7 hours all up, am amazed Olivia hasnt crashed.

Me- I am 74.2kgs. AF is due tomorrow and am craving sugar big time. I am hoping to get down to 67kgs (my pre pg weight with Rebecca) and if I can would really love to be 63kgs...thats what I was when I met Adam. So 11kgs all up. I know that I will probably be pg before then so at the moment I am aiming for the 67kg. I havent done too much exercise, although yesterday I pushed the girls in the pram to the shops, 20 minutes each way, so thats not too bad If the weather keeps up I will walk regularly.

OK. The weigh-in ... I'm 74.8kg (Mel, I thought you'd be so much less than me, you're so tiny!)

Everything else ..

Wow, good luck on Wednesday & Friday Jen *hugs*

Mel - DTD on/after O (we only DTD once the day after I O'd and got Pip) as the male sperm is faster than female sperm but doesn't live as long ...
    I hope the girls are feeling better and you're getting some rest.

My goal is 65kg at this point.

OOOh Kaz,.....4 days til O Are you trying for a girl???? Do you temp or use opks???

Girls have a virus..... and conjunky eyeballs for bec

and thanks kaz...i may look tiny but hold it all in my butt and thighs

Hi!

I haven't been getting notifications!!!!

Ok - deep breath - Weigh in - 60kg (although I think it's out by 1 or 2kg - so I"m more likely 61-62) Also - I just have an old school set of scales so it will be just the nearest kg for me...Goal wise I'm looking to get back to 56kg but for a way out goal I'm looking at 54kg...I've been there before but it was before kids and only for a brief time when I was working out A LOT...normally I used to sit around 56kg...so I've got about 4-6kg to lose...

Had a great weekend!!!!! We had a fantastic night out for dinner at a friends Fri night - the boys behaved really well and stayed up to 10.30pm!! It was so nice to go out and do something so normal - LOL! I swear I could have had a bottle of wine though - but one was nice and I had to drive home so...
    Sat we chilled out and Sunday I had the Run Melbourne - It was such a beautiful Melb day and my friend and I really enjoyed it! We probably jogged about 2km all up - taking it in turns walking/jogging so was quite impressed with myself considering I've done nothing for so long!! I'm so sore today but managed to go for a 1km walk/jog and then took Louis for a walk to the park.
    So hopefully I lose a bit of weight this week - although I must say I haven't been eating as well as I could be...LOL!

Mel - Good luck TTC a boy...I know I have 3 but I have no idea how we did it! LOL! 3 flukes really as Dylan & Ethan were 1st cycle ttc and Louis was the 2nd...although I do remember having ovulation pains with Louis and dtd that day so maybe that was it...??
    Gross about the mice...hope you manage to get rid of them...I'd freak out! LOL!
    Sorry to hear about your dh's friend...
    Sorry also to hear that the girls aren't well...

Disgirl - Yeah on getting ready for solids - I started Ethan at 4m so it took the pressure off my diet soon after which was good...
    Aww sorry to hear Jared's not well..hope he's on the mend...

Jen - I'm glad to hear everything went well at the hosp - I'm so hoping all the results will come back perfect for you!!

Kel - I know exactly what you mean about having a messy house/Messy mind!! I can completely relate - Often it's my office that is the biggest mess and it makes sense as work seems to be the area I have the most difficulty with!!
    It's important to make sure that you are in control of your life - If someone can make us feel bad or we're waiting for someone to make us feel good then we're not in control at all - it's everyone else that can "make" us feel bad or good...try and take steps to make sure you make yourself feel fantastic!!! You need to make sure you take the time out you need and not wait for dh to offer it - you may be waiting forever - and that's when the resentment will build...He's probably so used of you putting everyone else first that he's comfortable with that and it may take some time for him to realise your serious about doing somethings for yourself - if you can look after yourself and put yourself first at time how is anyone else going to??
    You sound like your on the right track though considering your giving it all so much though - now it's just time to take action - you know if you can let go of your guilt you will feel so good for it!!!
    Feel free to talk as much as you need to - you need an outlet somewhere!!!
    Sounds like you had a great brekky out!! Lily sounds gorgeous at the moment - it really is so great when they play nicely together!!

Kaz - Good luck this month ttc!!

Chat later!!

Hi Guys,
    Mel - Hugs to you and your sick bubbbas, hope everyone feels better soon.
    Kaz- Have fun ttc'ing! Good Luck hon.
    Kris- Sounds like you had a great weekend!
    Dis- Hope Jared is ok and it hasnt developed. How cute with Ben not wanting to go, dont blame him really.
    Kel - Hope you are feeling a bit brighter, we all go through hard times at home, there are always ups and downs. Its hard for you to get your house in order cause you work every day! Maybe try a break it down into one room a week to organise? As for your DH, have you tried telling him how you are feeling before it gets to the "Aggghh!!!" stage?
    Us- Gross overcast day here, painted a mural of a tree branch and owl in beaus room this morning and some blackbirds over his coat rack. I am going to go through his toys this arvo - Trying to keep busy and keep my mind off things!

Sorry girls, I don't have time to post much, so I'm just copying this from another forum I visit. It's a cute story about Ben which made my horrible day happy again:

Okay, so I've been having one of those days. I was up all night with both boys at various times, both of them are sick, I spent TWO HOURS waiting to see the doctor (not fun with a two year old and five month old), Jared did a poosplosion in the waiting room that went through three layers of clothing (two of which were white!), by the time I visited the chemist and got home, it was 3pm and I hadn't eaten or had anything to drink all day and was feeling light headed and my back was killing me from lugging the boys in and out of the car and holding Jared! Oh, and I think I'm getting mastitis again

So, I was changing Ben's nappy when a gross accident occurred (my fault, but I'll spare you the details). It was the final straw and I burst into tears. My gorgeous son though, absolutely made my day by looking at me and saying all the following:

"Wuv you mummy! Don't cry mummy. Be happy, don't be sad". That's the longest speech he's every made in one go and I think it's pretty impressive! Not to mention absolutely gorgeous, and I had to try really hard not to burst into a fresh set of tears

Just thought I'd share

Oh and I bought a lottery ticket After all that rotten luck, surely it's time for some good news

Ahh DG - that's gorgeous, what a beautiful first sentence to you! *hugs*

Mel - at the moment just CM but I can always tell my "o" pains. If we've no luck in a few months then we'll go the temping. Last time with Pip though I used the OPKs but since then I've learnt a lot about my body - wish I'd known all that years ago!

Bought Pip a "finley the firetruck" dvd and he loves it ... have trouble stopping him and turning it off! Tomorrow's DH's last day at work before becoming a SaHD - although Pip will still be in full-time care for about 6 weeks until DH finishes the house when he'll drop down to 2 days at care / week. (Pip loves CC and I want him to keep the friendships he's growing there).

Good luck all!

Is anyone else coming to Canberra for the birth rights rally?

Hey Girls,
    Dis- what a crapola day you had! Thats the most beautiful story about Ben, bless his little heart - just knew what to say huh? I am working on Beau everyday to say "I love you" LOL!
    Kaz - A SAHD huh? Man, my DH would give his left testicle to be one! Good on you getting your house finished too - what will happen to SAHD when no 2 arrives?
    Us - I am buried under 5 basket s of washing waiting to be folded and I am stalling on here!

Well we havent ventured out, the girls are still sick and livs had a temp all day. I havent seen so much snot!!! I really hope they are somewhat better tomorrow...I hate staying home.

I wrote a thread about Olivia hurting Bec. It got really bad yesterday it had me in tears. I just hope its a stage....

Mel- how beautiful, they are so intuitive. And a first sentance...

Kaz; what happened with your dh's work in the end??? Good luck with him being a sahd....wish my dh had the confidence to do it...one day!!!!

Ok, got to cook butter chicken and look after my sickies!

Hi!

Jen - How creative you are painting a mural - you'll have to put a piccy on Facebook!

Dis - Isn't it great how when we're having a rotten day our precious bubbas can turn it around in an instant??

Kaz - Wow at your dh becoming a sahd!! What a big move! Nup - I'm not going to Canberra!!

Mel - Aww sorry to hear about Olivia being so rough...Hope you get some pearls of wisdom! LOL - I made butter chicken last night!! Hope the girls get better soon...

Well....I'm feeling very nervous at the moment...I'm off the pill because it was making me bleed all the time and then we dtd on Sat stupidly in the heat of the moment - LOL - and I went and got a pap smear today and she said I looked like I just ovulated!! OMG - I'm so scared now...I'm thinking it would be very flukey to fall p/g AGAIN but am still nervous...have been very nauseus the last few days which I think is linked to my hormones when I'm ovulating (googled it - LOL) so now have to wait until I get af I suppose...I'm going to freak out if I'm p/g but it will be Michael's fault!! LOL! I'm sure it will all be fine...
    Boys are well...all still have lingering coughs...Ethans still got a bit of an ear infection so has another course of antibiotics (which I hate!) but otherwise all is good! Having an early night I think because we had a big day out visiting today...

Chat later!

Oh Kris! You must be freaking out! Could have your own little footy team at this rate! Did you see that Oprah the other day when they are saying we are attracted to each others smell when the woman ovulates? Must be the reason LOL! When is the earliest you can test?????
    Mel hope your guys are feeling better and your dinner was yummy - we had roast chicken last night and baked veges mmmm.....A mum I know put her son in a cold shower cause he wouldnt stop hurting his little brother (about the same age dif as yr girls) - the naughty step etc wouldnt work and she got so upset with it one day thats what she thought of! Worked though, even the threat of it later would stop him in his tracks! Hopefully it is a stage she will snap put of soon you poor thing.
    Off to playgroup today, still sitting here with a cuppa in my pyjamas so better get a wriggle on....

Wow Kris...I would be nervous too! Although I must admit...I am having a little giggle thinking about you having another one...I reckon you'd be fine with 4, you do so well!

Jen have fun at playgroup. Am looking forward to getting back to mothers group when the girls are better. Poor Bec just sneezed and both nostrils wer so full of snot.....went down to her chin ( arent I a funny mumma....had to take a photo of it to send to dh!). Its was so funny.

Becs eyes are better, but her nose is not going so well. Shes not sleeping properly and having her bottle is hard becase shes so blocked up. I have given her nasal drops and put the vaporiser on but doesnt work. I would like to give her some dimmetap or demizan but dont know how much to give....so have to go to the drs to get the dosage...gggrrr. Just want to dry up the snot.

Olivia ran a temp all day yesterday and slept for a bit, she seems a little better today....just looked up and shes undressing herself....I cantkeep clothes on that kid! She didnt hurt Bec much yesterday, probably coz she wasnt well. I hope its a phase too. DH grandfather would do the cold water trick and apparently it worked. If I get to the point where nothing works, I will do it....actually nothing works! Got nothing to loose!

Well take care and have a great day

Hi ladies!

We're doing so much better today I put Jared to bed on a pillow last night and he slept for 6 hours and then another four and a half! I think the pillow will be staying. That's the best night's sleep he's had all week.

His virus is still giving us some grief, as is Ben's cold. The ABs seem to be working a bit for Jared though so hopefully by the start of next week he'll be a lot better.

DH stayed home from work last night. I needed some sleep and the way J has been going I didn't think I'd get it if I was on my own. Of course that's the night J decides to sleep Oh well, it meant I got a nice sleep in this morning too when J was still asleep but Ben was awake

Kris, far out, I don't blame you for freaking out!!!

Mel, what a bugger about Olivia hurting Becka. Ben seems to have stopped pushing Jared, but I'll see if it lasts.

Jen, hope you had fun at playgroup. I can't wait til the boys are healthy again and we can get out of the house again. It's freezing here this arvo. The wind is a shocker and is apparantly going to last a few days.

Hungry boy... gotta go.

Hi!

LOL - I suppose I'll know in a week or 2! I guess I'll cope ok if it happens but I'm kind of just thinking it won't - it would have to be a full on fluke to fall p/g again so easily...time will tell - I'm trying not to think about it too much! LOL!

Jen - I hope you had a nice day at playgroup - I stayed in my pj's all day - LOL!

Mel - Yeah, 4 kids sounds ok, but 4 in 4 1/2 years????? omg...
    Hope the kids are better soon...poor little things (and poor you!)

Dis - That's great the pillow helped! Hope the boys are better soon!

Kel - Hope you're well????

Well, Louis is mega sick - seems to have a temp and very runny nose and water eyes...off his food as well...poor little thing...seems like Dylan and Ethan are ok other than their lingering coughs so hopefully they don't get it as well - it really seems like EVERYONE is sick at the moment...Yucko!
    I've had the laziest day...
    Boys are in bed but Ethan is standing up at the end of the couch trying to pull all my folded washing off - I can't believe how quickly the last month has gone with him crawling and standing and cruising along the furniture - so crazy!! He's all of a sudden a big boy!!

Chat later!

Kris- hope Louis is much better today...think the girls are over the worst of it (not so much snot today). I dont know if I want another baby so soon...I can cope with the age gap of 19 months, but I reckon if I got pg now, I would be a basket case! I think I can wait another 3 or 4 months!! Yes I will....I got pg with Becca when Olivia was around 10.5 months, so another 3 months and then I will do it!

Jen, is your amnio next Wednesday? good luck hon. make sure you get plenty of rest and help. Dont lift anything coz it hurts. You'll be fine.

Kaz- I dont think I will make it to canberra....r u taking Pip?

Hi!

Glad to hear the girls are a bit better...Louis seems a little better today also...not quite as cranky - LOL - he slept well so I think that helped!
    Yeah...I think it all depends on the baby sometimes - I wasn't worried about having 3 but Ethan was so demanding - screaming all the time and having to be carried constantly definitely took a toll but the boys coped really well!
    I asked Louis yesterday if he'd like another baby and I expected him to say no way but he said yes - but he would like a girl...LOL! I told him we weren't having one but I was just interested in what he would say...he's so good though - such a little nurturer! Dylans having a few more issues as he has to learn to share toys with Ethan now as well! He's not rough but just takes Ethans toys off him...Lol. He'll get there eventually...

Dh is home today because of wet weather (he's a landscaper) so he's snoozing...I've got to go food shopping after he wakes up as we have NO food left in the house and then I'm hoping to head off later in the day and layby some toys and clothes (I can't believe all the winter stuff is nearly gone - I will never understand the seasons with clothes...) I made a toy short list last night and it didn't end up being very short - LOL!! It is shorter than last years though...LOL - Dh is checking it out and culling it before I leave...hehe

Do any of you have those plastic climbing frame things for the kids?? I was thinking I might get one for Ethan for his 1st b'day....he really doesn't need anything but I thought that would still be fun for all of them??

Chat later...

Hi ladies,

Woohoo, I'm back, lol! I had asked for a ban for a few days and I think they forgot about me, I couldn't get on for a week!

Ok I'll ty to catch up

Dis, sorry to hear Jared hasn't been well, I hope he's feeling better now.
    I weighed myself the other day and I was horrified to see that I'm back up to 86kg. That's what I was the week after I had Liam. I had lost 5kg's from the begining of the year, so was down to 81kg. But I just couldn't break that 80kg barrier. I'm so depressed! I just can't seem to get my act together and do it this time. Ideally I want to get back to 65kg, which I was when we first started ttc 5yrs ago! (Wow, it seems like a life time ago, not just 5yrs). But for now under 80 would be great!
    Don't worry about having to postpone, that's ok, it turned out being a busy week for me too anyhow, so it was probably better for me not to do it. But whenever you're feeling up to it, I am ready!
    How sweet of Ben to say that to you when you were upset. I was upset and crying one day not long ago had Liam crawl up onto the bed for the first time by himself and give me a big sloppy open mouthed kiss. It just made me bawl even more, lol!
    Liam sleeps better on a pillow too. He always looks so cosy on one.

Mel, congrats on your weightloss, you're going great guns, you'll be at your goal before you know it. Wanna share some will power with me??
    Sorry to hear O is hurting R so much. Lil does with Liam, but I don't think as seriously as Olivia is with Bec. I don't have any advice for you though, but I owuld say that it's just a phase, and I hope for you and Bec that it's a quick one!
    Hope that the girls are on the mend.

Kris, congrats on your 'fun' run. I have never run that far in my life! And fun and run just don't go in my world! I hate running. I swim. I can swim for aaages...well I used to be able to, I'd probably die after a lap now. But when I'm not so fat and unfit, I can swim for ever! But run...I couldn't run 10 metres without having a heart attack, lol!
    I finally worked up the courage and I spoke to DH today about helping me more and giving me more time out. I could feel the anger and resentment pouring off him afterwards and he did the 'no I'm not angry at you if you ask me but I'm not going to talk to you unless I have to or you talk to me first' thing. I didn't realise how anxious I was about talking to him. But it's done. Now I just have to make sure he follows through and that I do too.
    Here's hoping that you don't have an oppsie bub. That's what Liam is...though we did want another one, just not so close as we had them! But it's all good now! And I'm sure if it happens, then it's meant to be and you will be fine

Jen, yeah, I do try to work on one room a day, plus do a load of washing and the dishes/cooking/kitchen. Most days I get the kitchen/cooking/kitchen done, and a load of washing on, but not folded or packed away, meaning it's sitting on the table outside the laundry calling my name and growing by the day til no more can fit on there and I HAVE to fold it or Ill lose a kid under it all! While I was banned from BB I got alot doen though! Just proves that I spend waaayy too much time on here. I just have to prioritise.
    How's things going with bub? Did you recieve any test results back yet?

Kaz, yay that your DH is going to be a sahd! Mine would never do it. He gets cabin fever when he's home alone with the kids. He hangs out for me to get home after 4hrs work a day when he's watching the kids!
    Good luck with your ttc.

Phew, I think that's about it!! Ok gotta go Li's stirring.....have a great weekend all

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast