Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #18

Oh Mel you poor thing! There's nothing worse when there's no-one to help you either...I have no great hints for chuck smells either...just a good scrub with something strong smelling!!!
    I hope you manage a good nights sleep after all that...

Quote Originally Posted by minimatron View Post
    Olivia is the one who keeps us up most of the nights.

it was horrible.......As for tt, we were looking at it before then I realised I dont have the patience!!!! She mostly has her nappy off during the day and we get her to sit on the potty. Shes only weed in it once and on the toilet once. Poo goes anywhere!!! She tells us whats happening and doesnt like wet nappies on! So I really should pull my finger out.

Us we are ok except Olivias sleep issues, but other than that we are doing well. Olivia is talking lots, shes got a great memory...
    Mel, I swear our girls could be twins.....Liam had a great night last night, only woke twice and slept for 13 hrs in total, but Lily woke, I don't even know how many times, really screaming and had a tanty for...I don't know what reason, and we were up at 5.50am....I'm soooo not a morning person. I think she must be starting to have bad dreams or something.
    Yep she has all her teeth now. And yep, Liam is now teething...he has two already and one is trying to push through the top. Oh the joys!!
    We are going well most days, though I have had several melt downs, and I feel like I never see DH anymore. We've just been missing each other with him doing night shifts, or me falling asleep at 8pm... I have an assignemnt due in a week and have barely looked at it. My house looks like a bomb has hit it and I just can't catch up. I feel like all I do is rush around like a headless chicken trying to get ready for work, cook or clean something...
    Weightloss...not going so well. Though I haven't put any on, I'm just not able to really concerntrate on it at the moment. But I was thinking about it, feeling guilty! And I have lost 18kg from after having Liam- I lost 10 right after I had him, but I've lost 8kg from him being born until now. And 5kgs since after I had Lily. I still have about 15-20kgs to lose though That's to get to pre pregnancy weight (including Lily's pg).
    Work is good, I really enjoy the actual job, but still wish I didn't have to do it! I want to be home with my babes But we gotta do what we gotta do!

Kris, glad to hear Ethan seems to be settling, I hope it lasts! I love your ticker pic, your boys are all so cute!
    I think I could rival you for the smallest wardrobe too, I threw out all of the stuff that was too big/small and my maternity stuff and now I have about 6 actual outfits that fit and I like. I have a few stray peices, but not much really, not compared to what I used to have!

Dis what a great sleep for Jared! You lucky bugger!!!
    We have tried TT, an Lily can tell us when she needs to wee and when she has a poo in her nappy, but she hates the potty and is scared of the toilet....not great things when you want to tt! I let her run around nappyless, well actually clothes less and she gets herself naked, I don't do it!

Ok gotta go do breaky....Hi to anyone I have missed. Hope you're all well

Good Morning...
    Mel I had a look in the spotless book but it only talks about old vomit on carpet, not fresh, and for removing from sheets - I would try bi-carb soda and vaccum it up for the pong! You poor treasure, tell DH he owes you a special treat for that one on your own!
    Glad Becca's sleeping is so good, hope Olivia's improves with the new plan, I think it sounds like a good idea to drop her day sleeps...as for the midnight tantrums...hugs!
    Kaz- Good to hear from you - Glad you seem to be handling everything so well, the boys sound gorgeous together and I love your ticker pic! So cute your little men! good luck with your new venture too!
    Dis - I will make some time to read your birth story for sure!
    Kel - SOrry you are having a crap tmie with Lil's sleeping and feeling a bit overwhelmed with it all generally - we all go through those stages as we all know! It must be hard not seeing DH much either! Gosh, teething again with Liam - far out does it never stop? You sound like you have lost loads of weight already, it will keep dropping off I am sure - as for the housework......as long as you are looking after your family, thats the important thing - you arent super woman!
    Us - Beau has been throwing a few tantrums, mostly over nothing. He has been pretty good mostly.....looking forward to having DH home this weekend tho! Ps....still havn't got AF????
    Have a great Saturday!
    xxxx
    Last edited by JenSam; March 21st, 2009 at 07:17 AM.

I just put vinegar on it hope that helps coz it stinks!!! We only got the carpet in a week before Olivia was born, but you wouldnt think so!!!!!

Jen...no AF! mmmm maybe it was too early to test? Are you regular?

Kel- you are very busy, dont worry though sounds like youre doing a great job. Olivia will sit on the potty for ages, do nothing and then walk away and pee!!!! Isnt it fun!!!

Ok got to feed the tribe....didnt sleep great, Olivia craweld into bed at 430, becca had a feed at 530, but i suppose I only just crawled out of bed! I have no idea what to wear to this wedding, all my nice clothes are too small

Mel, usually the 14th/15th of the month on the dot - Feb was a short month so should have been the 18th I would think...got another test this morning incase.....
    Hope you found something to wear!

Jen, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Mel, good luck with something to wear for the wedding. I have one in a month and the dress I want to wear fits me... except for my boobs. Bloody massive things - I hate having huge knockers! I even tried to buy a sports bra today and was told that nobody stocks 12F/G. I guess big boobied women just aren't supposed to exercise?!?! Sorry, I got a bit cross about that!

Kel and Mel, you guys are amazing. I am now finally getting some decent sleep with my boys doing great at night now *touch wood*. I don't know how you're both doing it for so long with your kiddoes. I was at the end of my rope. I'll send some long-sleep vibes your way.

I had two hours out shopping by myself this morning It would have been delightful if I could have gotten a bloody sports bra that fits me right! Still feeling good after a good night though. Craig has gone off to a buck's party. I hate that everybody seems to want a piece of him on the weekend. He's supposed to be home with us! Like you Kel, I hardly ever see him because he works shift Anyway, I have it better than a lot of people so I should just get over it.

This week we're finally joining the gym now that mum is back to babysit for us. I can't wait! I bought two new outfits for the gym this morning. I'm so excited! I love working out, and having some 'me' time is going to be awesome

Hey Girls,
    The wedding was great, even though I wore the same outfit to a wedding I went to 8 days before Rebecca was born!!! First thing I said to dh was...youre buying me a treadmill! I let my hair down and had a good boggie we got home at 1am! Olivia had thrown up all over our couch for my mum! She must have a tummy bug. Mum seems to think its her teeth as she was grinding just before she threw up. She didnt do it yesterday, although her wee is strong again and she had a verystrange pooey nappy that burnt her skin.
    Last night was a crap night for me. Becca must be going through a growth spurt again as she had a huge feed between 730 and 930pm...she had 260mls then a 140ml top up. The she woke up at 2am for another 140ml top up. Then Olivia woke up. She was sleeping on her elmo couch...slept better on that. I realised her mattress is terrible and I can feel the springs. So am out to get another one today.
    Jen; any news with AF?
    Mel- lucky you to go shopping on your own. Bugger about the bras. Have fun at the gym.
    Hello everyone else

Hello All....
    I will be fast as I just logged on and Beau has woken up after only 30min sleep....he is gonna be fun his arvo! Not!
    Dis - Glad you had some nice me time shopping, bugger about the bra - can you get one online from a specialty shop perhaps?
    Mel - Great you had a good time at the wedding! Poor Olivia with her tummy bug/vomiting, I hope she feels better soon. Is she her normal self otherwise?
    Us - Well I got AF yesterday, its very bright red and clotty/mucusy (sorry if TMI) - had really bad pains yesterday too - makes me wonder? Beau has been OK, I was in a retched mood yesterday and DH wore most of it, I went and worked in the garden with my Ipod on when Beau slept as all DH wants to do is watch tele and it drives me bonkers! My friend was supposed to come up and stay with us but she was sick, my mum is fingers crossed coming tomorrow (she is sick too!) so I can have a conversation that isnt sport/food or Beau related! LOL!
    OK better go and rescue bubba, hi everyone else x

Mel, poor Liv! Hope she gets better soon.'

Jen, might be something in the air, Ben only slept for an hour and a half today instead of his usual two-four hours He's been a nightmare this arvo too. He woke up with a bit of a fever though so it might be his teeth, or maybe something else.

Urgh, had Jared's shots today and he's upset. Poor little bugger. I hate needles and I think he might be following in my footsteps. Ben was always over it within a minute, but Jared looks like a different story.

I'm going to try out my new bras (well one anyway) tomorrow. If they aren't any good I'll have a look online. I had to get something because I'm keen to start this week and not put it off any longer. Hopefully it will do the trick for now!

+

Gotta bump this up to the front page.

I joined the gym today - yay! It felt good to work up a sweat. Turned into an all-day event though. Better get that sorted out, it was exhausting getting there, making sure Jared was fed and happy and then getting us all home with all our gear. I'll only be going two-three times a week so I hope that's enough to get a little bit fit again.

Jared had a great night last night after his shots! Slept for a PB 7 hours!!! Unfortunately, I didn't get the seven hours' sleep that could have been mine Ben was up for hours with a shocking fever. He was sweating so much he looked like he'd been swimming! We don't have a baby thermometer though so I don't know how high it was. It's those bloody 2 year old molars Dosed him up on Nurofen and it did the trick, but the fever returned this afternoon. I re-stocked up on Nurofen so I'm ready for the worst again tonight. I just hope J's 7 hours wasn't a one-off after his vax!

HI all,
    Hope Ben is better now Dis, Neurofen seems to work wonders on a fever heh? Glad Jared got through the vax ok.
    I've had a really awful morning, my mum and her husband are here and as soon as Beau saw my mum this morning he through a huge sook tantrum for 2hrs! I was bawling and I think everything came out of me at the same time! It was terrible, he just gets himself so worked up I was locking him in our bedroom and letting him go as he was in consolable. Is it too early for time out's ? Then to upset me more I texted DH to say B was being a terror and I was upset, and he texted back I need to get some perspective. if a crying baby is my biggest problem. WTF? Mwahhhhh!!!!!!

Hi!

Jen - Big big hugs!! You poor thing having such a rotten morning! It's definitely not to early to be doing time out, in fact I use it with the boys ALL the time!!
    We do a version where they sit at the back laundry door and even Dylan, who's my most stubborn, defiant little thing sits there most of the time!! So for Dylan I usually send him there for a minute or 2 and then go in and he says sorry and gives me a cuddle and then he can go and play again. Louis stays for 3-4 minutes. I mostly send them when they've been really naughty but if they're just feral and being sooky/tantrums I send as well until they calm down - so it's not like they're in trouble as such it's just for them to have a break/rest and be ready to join us again - I mostly do this will Louis on his bed now so there's a distinction.
    Grrr at your DH - they really just don't get it sometimes...

Now, I can completely relate as I had a horror day yesterday - I think my hormones are all mucked up because I keep missing pills - LOL! But I keep getting af as well so I really need to get on top of it all..
    Ethan was a real struggle to get to sleep yesterday and the boys were fighting and arguing and I just lost the plot! This was about 5pm when dh was home so I put the baby down (crying) and was like grr - I'm sooo frustrated - you know when you feel it in your tummy/chest and your ready to SCREAM! Anyway, instead of him being supportive at this lowest of low moment he decides to start having a go at me and taking it personally that I'm cranky etc etc. I just lost it - I stormed out the front door and sat on the front porch after realising I had no shoes on and couldn't walk anywhere - LOL! I had a breather for 5min and then came back in because dinner needed to be cooked etc etc.
    It's so frustrating some times when they don't understand that you get DRAINED looking after kids - I have the 3 boys 24 h a day 7 d a week - I don't get a break at all from family/friends/daycare etc. We run around most of those days doing activities etc and then I'm trying to keep the house tidy and trying to get my 2 businesses up and running again!!!! He then tells me he thinks I'm probably doing to much...No s**t!! LOL! But it all has to be done so just some support and understanding is all I ask for!
    Anyway...there must be something in the air Jen!! LOL!
    I'm certain my frustration is hormonal as I generally cope very well...although I've also been going to bed around 11.30-12am just trying to fit in everything!
    Dh is out tonight and the next weekend he's away camping...sometimes they don't realise how lucky they are to be able to get out of the house with no issues!!
    Ok...rant over!!
    Boys are still a bit feral but still my gorgeous boys!
    We visited my brother & SIL on Monday for an hour or so and mum was speaking to my brother yesterday and he said he was tired after we left! LOL! They have one little boy who's 20mo but he's pretty quiet...We also had mothers group so that was great for everyone to catch up.
    Tue we had swimming and a trip to the library - I was so annoyed though because I wasn't able to borrow any books because I haven't updated my license on my address - GRR! Will have to head back next week...we had all these books and then had to leave them so the boys were all crying!! Wasn't such a quiet library at that point - LOL!
    Yesterday Louis had kinder and Today we had playgroup and I must go and write my list cos I've got to do food shopping when dh gets home...
    Tomorrow I'm off to the shops and to drop off a Body shop order...
    Sat, Louis is trying out a dance class and we have Michael's b'day bbq...

Hmmm....I think I'm looking forward to a quiet school holiday! LOL!

Disgirl - Yeah on joining the gym! I'm dying to do a few classes. I joined the premier's active families challenge so have 15 passes to the YMCA so I'm hoping I can quickly make use of them before it expires!! Hope Jareds still sleeping well and Ben's feeling better!

Must dash..bubs is awake and screaming!! I've spent to much time blabbering about myself and haven't replied to everyone...

Hope you're all well!! Chat later!

Wow, I totally understand...I'm not going to say why, but if I mention boys and their cars, I think you will get the picture!!!

We had health nurse yesterday for both the girls. It turned out ferral coz Olivia was having a huge tantrum. Anyway she got weighed and measured and is 13kgs and 88cms. And I cant believe she is 2 on Wednesday! Yesterday she was so tired she was falling asleep at the dinner table around 6 ish ( I reckon it was just after 6, DH thought it was closer to 7, lol coz I was so paranoid she would wake and be up all night) So I put her to bed and she slept until 4am, came into our room and dh put her back to bed and of course had to stay with her for 20 minutes til she went back to sleep til just after 7am. So its been one of her better nights.
    Little miss gobble guts, who is currently asleep on her tummy on the floor coz she just rolled over....... is now over 6kgs and 61cm. Shes been feeding like crazy, but at least she sleeps. Last night was from 9pm, dream top up at 10pm and awake at 730am....FANTASTIC!

OK livs here

Mel, sounds like the girls are sleeping better for you. [email protected]

Kris, hugs to you! Far out, I can't believe your DH would have a go at you. How often does he get left alone with the three boys? And even when we're not home alone with we're running around like crazy women and have to pick them up at certain times. You poor thing, you must be exhausted with the three of them. Especially with Dylan being so spirited

Jen, Geez, must have been a bad day for the DH's here. What was he thinking sending you a message like that?

I read out your messages to Craig just so he knows what is NOT cool For what it's worth, he thought both your DH's were way out of line!

We have had some interesting days here. Poor Ben is covered in hives and we don't know what it was this time. I'm hoping he doesn't get the upset tummy to go with them. We're thinking insect bite (which he's allergic to) or some kind of contact allergy. Nothing he ate this time thank goodness as that's when we get the projectile vomiting

Jared is sleeping 6-7 hours pretty regularily which is great

I've been to the gym twice now and feel great after I've been. I'm SO unfit though. I think it will take a while to build up fitness this time around. It's so good to get some time to myself every second day or so. My mum is an absolute gem

Poor Ben, I hope you can fix it up quick. I hate hives!!!!

Ok- so I need to exercise and am looking to get either a treadmill or an elitical x trainer... which is better? We dont have a load of space so am thinking the x trainer, but I wonder if it will be good for me!!!!

Olivia didnt have a day sleep today again. Shes less cranky now in the evening. Today she fell asleep on DH lap on the couch around 7pm. So we are getting there.
    Got Beccas needles tomorrow

Oh did i tell you I'm clucky again....wtf?!?!

heys girls

Jen - I hope this is it for you!

Wow, sounds amazing with everything that's happening in here.

Yeps, they're getting older and turning into little people!

Hello All....
    Well we are having a better day today thank god! Just staying at home as its wet and rainy and I am trying to clean/tidy as I have a friend staying with us this weekend (yay some girl talk!) No major tanties yet.....but he always chucks one when he wakes up from his nap. I think my major thing with DH and Beau is that, Beau can never do a thing wrong in DH's eyes, and DH hates work at the moment so he thinks being at hime would be the best ever you know? He left me a note this morning after no talk/cuddles last night saying he was sorry he upset me and texted me asking if I still love/like him! I told him why I was upset though which is good for me
    My mum and her husband have offered to buy me a (little cheap) car so I can learn on it too and get my licence, at least then when he is kicking off we can have a change of scenery too. Need to get off my bum and get my l's!
    Kris - Thanks for your advice with the time outs, I am going to start doing it with B as they are getting worse as the days go on. What do you say to Dylan when you are doing it to make him stay/understand etc?
    I am sorry your DH was being a bone head too, sometimes they state the obvious thinking they are helping or something but all we want is a cuddle! I think its healthier sometimes to have a breather than say something you might regret or fight in front of the kids too, as long as we say what is on our minds eventually. Reading through what you do in a week makes my toes curl, we do about a tenth of that! As you said, generally you do cope really well, so give yourself a pat on the back for that, everyone has a melt down occasionally.
    Mel - Good luck with Becca's shots today, she sounds like she is doing well with her eating and sleeping! Hugs to you with DH's obsession with cars..luckily my Dh has no interest but if its not that its always something, fishing, cricket etc etc! Maybe if we had more time to do hobbies like that we would be all as oblivious as our DH's???!
    Dis - Good on you getting to the gym and enjoying it, bless your mum! Far out Ben is in the wars atm, are you putting Hydrozol (sp?) on his hives? Hope it clears up soon x
    Kaz - Not this month for me, just finished AF unfortunately.
    OK got washing to fold x

Ben's still got hives They're much better today though. I think it's due to his teeth (did I say that already?).

We had some photos taken today. I wanted to get the same shot of Jared that we had of Ben when he was 9 weeks old with Craig cradling him in his arms. Jared was wonderful and did nearly the exact same facial expression and pose that Ben did! We tried to get some family shots too (SIL is a part-time photographer), but Ben was not up to it. We'll try again later.

Mel, I love the cross trainer because I can go on it for longer, but the treadmill actually gets me fitter faster I think. I'm really loving the gym. Have my trainer appointment tomorrow so I can't wait for that.
    Clucky again?!? Well, I shouldn't be too surprised, I'm already talking about #3 too. Definitely next year for us.

Jen, today's weather was a bit of a shock wasn't it? Autumn at last.
    Glad you got things sorted with your DH.
    We're not using Hydrozole on Ben's hives, we are actually using it on an athlete's foot thing he's had since Christmas. We're just giving him an antihistamine for his hives and it seems to be (slowly) doing the trick.

Must dash. Gotta get the clothes off the line before they get damp!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast