Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #18

Hey alL,
    Phew been busy here today so I am relaxing while B is sleeping - we mowed the lawn and swept up all around the house and have been washing yada yada yada
    Must be something in the air, Beau missed a sleep on Sunday and has been up so so early since daylight saving ended, he has been a bit happier however and the naughty step seems to be helping (thanks Kris)
    We have my BIL and SIL and there kids over this weekend (they invited themselves) and we are off to my bro's house to house sit all next week - lots of nice stores and cafes and things in there area (Northern Beaches) I just wish I had some cash
    Dis - Sorry you had a bad night, hope you and the boys are ok!
    Mel - You are pretty brave going camping so good on you for that, I am sure you will have fun and I am sure Becca will ove all the fresh air and new sights - who knows, you might get some good sleeps in if Olivia is exhausted from all the exploring....at least you will have Dh right there...mine is going to be on our boat all easter I think!
    Kris - Good on you for spending up! With three little boys, mum should be the princess! Enjoy your 10 days with DH over easter - hope you guys have a great time.
    Anyway - have to go and change the beds xxx

Well a much better night last night so I feel sane again today

Jen, DS ending has buggered us up a bit too. Ben is now getting up at 6:30 again which really sucks when Jared goes back to sleep at 5:45! Oh well, hopefully he'll adjust slowly.

Mel, camping probably won't be that bad. I've been camping for the past two Chrissy's. Ben was 8 months last year and 20 months this year, with a very pregnant mummy. I admit though, we didn't have to worry about formula and stuff so that made it easier. This coming year I'll have two toddlers, now THAT will be interesting!

Hi to everybody else. I'm a bit short of time and want to get dinner in the slow cooker and maybe a nap. Wonder of wonders, both boys are asleep at the same time. Don't know how long that will last though!

Jared moved into his cot last night. No hassles. He was too big for his bassinette. LIterally touched it with his feet and head at either end - oops! I was not ready to move him out of our room though. Got him weighed and measured this morning and it's official - he's a boofa. Weighed in at an amazing 7.3kgs which is what Ben weighed at 4.5months. Jared is barely 2.5 months. Even Ben calls him "Chunk" now

Take care all!

Where is everybody? It's been almost a week since anybody posted?

Ben and I have colds It's only Ben's second ever cold - and the last one only lasted a day. This one seems much worse and the poor little guy isn't coping too well. He's like his father Hopefully he'll be better by the weekend. We're having his birthday party at The Train Shed where the kids can have rides on Thomas and his friends. Ben's going to LOVE it

J has been fantastic. We've had a really busy weekend with family commitments every day except today. He's been passed around like a footy, in and out of the car a million times and he's been great. We changed him from his capsule to a convertable rear-facing seat and he is MUCH happier in the car. It's no wonder he wasn't comfy in the capsule, there isn't much padding and they're only designed for bubs up to 8kgs - when I weighed him on the Wii Fit this morning he was 7.8kgs! Far out! He's sleeping heaps at the moment too so mummy is getting some rest.

Craig has been home all weekend and although he is working again tonight, he has the next week and a half off which will be fabulous. He's planning on pulling our pool out at long last, but at least if I have a bad day he'll be here to help out a bit.

Hope you all had a happy Easter!

Hey all...happy easter!
    We are at my brothers house in Sydney dog sitting - it is full on - they have a new cavoodle puppy and we have my mums dog here too (ours are with my BIL) and Beau is very rambunctous with them both, they arent as tame as our Jack Russels either - with watching him like a hawk and making sure he isnt breaking anything or opening cupboards with no child protection it is going to be a long week!
    Dis - that sounds great, DH having some time off, Sorry Ben has the flu, Beau seems to get it when he is teething - maybe thats the culprit? Jared sounds like a little champ coping with your social schedule! Is the Wii fit good? My brother has digital scales here and I weighed myself before and I am back up almost to the weight I was when about 7months with Beau - v v v v v v v v depressed
    Anyway, clearly I have eaten way to much chocolate and easter buns - DH just told me I am one hot muma so I am focusing on that! Here is hoping it doesnt rain too much in Sydney so we can get out exploring all the nice homes around here and be inspired for our renos!
    Hope everyone is well!

Ahhhh Jen, sounds lovely, should be fun with the child-proofing etc!

DG - J sounds like a champ. Must say, poor B with his cold, although his b/day party sounds amazing!!! Hope he's well for it.

I haven't even planned Pip's b'day yet, am thinking a bbq somewhere neutral. Maybe Jells Park? Dunno, will check it out tomorrow @ work.

Have a good day all.

Hello all. I am waiting for my 6th load of washing to finish so I can hang it out and go to bed. We just got back from 4 days of camping at Halls Gap in the Grampians. It was fantastic. We went with a girl from mothers group and her husband and 2 year old daughter. Olivia had a ball and slept fantastically!!! On the first day she got bitten by a European Wasp on her cheek....so it was all a bit scary, then when we were hiking down to the water fall, I slipped down about 4 steps with Rebecca on my front pack and jarred my shoulders and twisted my ankle!!! I just cried. I was so scared that she was hurt...but she was fine! Other than that, it was great, even the issue with the bottles wasnt too bad. We decided not to bother with sterilizing for that time as she was rolling in the dirt anyhow! We cleaned bottles and boiled water.
    Adam and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary yesterday. We sat infront of the camp fire and drank a bottle of wine we got from germany 3 years ago and ate chocolate and looked at the stars. It was realy nice.

Other than that, our colds are almost gone. Dh is going away for work, just over night though, he will be back on Wednesday, thats why I am trying to get everything done tonight....ok....washing is ready, hope you are all well

Hey Mel, where did you stay in Halls Gap? We left there on Tuesday morning, was staying in Grampian Gardens, they were marking out an additional 200+ sites, apparently all fully booked too!

Hope the ankle's OK, and you didn't hurt yourself too much *hugs*

Hey Kaz, not sure what the camp site was called, but it was just near the swimming pool. We had a fantastic time there and have rebooked for next Easter. I cant believe how much washing it generated though!
    Ankle is fine, think I just got a fright!

Mel, I was the same with washing after camping over Chrissy At least you guys have nice weather for drying. It's been rain, rain, rain here. Today is looking hopeful - fingers crossed!
    How's the ankle? Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Jen, bugger about the weight As long as your DH thinks you're a hot mumma it's all good though isn't it? It's so hard to find time for yourself though to get healthy.
    I LOVE the Wii Fit! It's so fun and you can really work up a sweat too. Craig likes the balance games best but I like the step classes, especially step-boxing Hula hooping is hilarious! We were playing that with my SIL, FIL and the kidlets and we were all in stitches

Kaz, Good luck organising Pip's party. I was so hopeless, we only organised it on Sunday! We were lucky they could still take our booking. We've been to the Train Shed before for a nephews birthday. It's good because they only charge you a small fee for BBQ gas and you pay for train rides and that's it! I'm really excited about it, I just hope we get over our colds before then

Yep, still sick. Ben had a really bad night last night. Up nearly every hour. I think he kept getting scared because his nose is all stuffy. I'm feeling worse too, but J seems fine so far - fingers crossed he stays well.

Gotta go, J is asking for sleep

Well I put on the 7th load this morning and I am so lucky it was nice hot wind. I have got all of it inside and packed away The ankle is fine, just my shoulder....I must have jarred it grabbing onto the rails!

Hope youre feeling better soon Mel. I was sick with the flu/cold for 2 weeks and I am still really snotty. The girls are snot machines too. Olivia likes to pick her nose now and looks for "ooga boogas"....oooppss. maybe we shouldnt have taught her that one!!!!

So whos birthday is next??? Is it Bens or Pips? I still cant beileve Olivia is 2. You know what....and i am saying this touching wood but, I think she has calmed down a bit with her tantrums, I mean they still happen but not as frequently. I think it has a lot to do with her speech as she is articulating a lot better and all of the sudden.

Oh and after being stung by a wasp, she now is frightened of most flying things. Poor little girl. I dont blame her. She was so brave.

Mel, I think Ben and Dylan are next. Their birthday is on Monday

Beau wont sleep here at all in the day - this is day three with no day sleep, he is in there (my nephew's room) wailing now and has been for 20min.......

Hugs Jen- we went through the same thing with Olivia. She usually doesnt have a day sleep any more, although shes passed out on my bed right now!!! If she sleeps for too long she wont be asleep till about 11pm tonight. If she goes without her day sleep she will be in bed anywhere from 530 to 8pm at the latest. Its hard when they want to start dropping it. I suppose just see how he goes.

Rebecca has started rolling from her tummy to her back...yay. Now when she gets stuck on her tummy, hopefully she wont scream for me!

Oh Jen, you poor thing. Ben is only sleeping for an hour or two at night right now because he's waking up coughing and it's driving me nuts I'm used to super long sleeps from him during the day.

We're all still feeling like crap. I think I can say that Jared officially has a cold now Ben didn't get his first one until he was 21 months old and poor little J already has his first one at not quite 3 months He's still such a smiley little thing though.

Mel, Pip's settling down with his tanties now too, last night he was calling out for milk, only started crying when we didn't appear for a few minutes. And then he cried the night before and stopped when I got into his room, he told me he wanted milk again, stopped crying!

Oh no, dropping day sleeps? But its good when he sleeps, when do they usually do it?

Still haven't really 'organised' Pip's party, although looks like we're having it at his aunt's house, she has it set up for parties just fine. Pip still loves his moon (it's Badrad's moon!) and lots of singing "twinkle twinkle" too. Aren't they cute now they are talking?

Kaz, they're adorable! I'm also loving that they can follow instructions. It's so handy to have Ben do stuff for me while I'm feeding Jared.

Still all sick here Ben and I are definitely on the mend though. Craig is getting it and Jared seems about the same, so hopefully this is the worst of it for him.

Really looking forward to Ben's party on Sunday now. It's supposed to be showery, but I'm hoping they are as wrong as they usually are about such things!

Hi!

Long time no post! Hope you all had a great Easter!

We had Dylan's b'day party today which was great! We gave him his pressies as well even though his actual b'day isn't until Monday...He had such a great day!! We had a "cars" party and had a pinata and big foil helium balloons and I Made a bit double storey cake which was huge!!! Was all lots of fun with family around as well!
    Boys are well...I really am such a lucky mum!! Had a bit of a time with Ethan last week with him being sick but he seems to be on the mend now and sleeping a lot better...also seems to be getting to sleep a lot easier without rocking him like crazy which is good!!

Disgirl - Wow on bubs being so big!! Ethan was only 6kg at 4 months! LOL! At least you know he's growing well! LOL! Hope you guys are all feeling a bit better now!!

Jen - I'm with you with eating too much choccy & buns! LOL! We've also had so many bbq's and parties lately...I'm lucky I'm bfing as it's the only thing keeping the weight off at the moment...I always tend to put on a kg or 2 over winter as well...hmm...I might really need to start scheduling in some exercise! LOL!

Mel - So glad you had a great holiday!! Good on you for going camping! Congratulations on your anniversary - sounds like a very romantic celebration! Sorry to hear about your fall - I can only imagine the fright you got!!

Hi to everyone else...I must go and get some stuff done before I fall into bed!

Chat later!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN AND BEN.... hope you boys have a fantastic day.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast