Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #2

Hi everyone and a very Happy Mothers Day to you all.

Have had a great day, had a belated baby shower/mothers day get together with friends and family and Hazel was thoroughly spoiled! I didn't do too badly either. DH got me a beautiful Olive tree on behalf of Hazel and a gorgeous card and I got a bit teary!!

Have had a few unsettled days with Hazel, just not settling through the day and waking every two hours throught the night. Put it down to wind but she is right as rain again today and sat happiyl in her rocker for an hour so I wonder if it was a bit of a tummy bug. Or maybe I'm just getting better at winding her! BF is going really well, one nipple is still slightly sore but is definately healing and not so sore.

Good to hear from you Gigi, hope you can pop in more often.

Has anyone heard form Jen in our Belly Buddies group? Hope she is ok.

Take care one and all

Hello everyone, so I've been so delayed in popping my head in, we've just been so busy, you know how it is!

Nicky is about due for a feed so I'll make this brief, but looking forward to getting to know all of you and your bubs!

Nicholas was born two weeks ago today, 5 weeks early! He is doing really well, and being kind to his parents, which is a good thing as I have a broken foot so DH is doing alot! Being so early I never thought I'd be in the April buddies thread, my EDD was 2nd June LOL! Like I said though, looking forward to knowing all of you

ETA Kristie, just saw that you are in Croyds.....me too! Small world hey?

Hi!

Just a quick one...bed is calling me!

Christy - Glad you had a great day and Hazel has settled down for you!

Sezjm - Wow at 5 weeks early! Congratulations! Oh you poor thing with a broken foot - that must make things all a lot harder!

Chat tomorrow!

Hi everyone

Happy Mothers Day to all of you new mummies!!! Hope you all have a great day.

Well we didn't have a great day, today was probably one of the worst days I've had. Lily was awake every two hours last night and then she was awake for a couple of hours in between last night too so not a gaad night for us. She has cried all day and has hardly slept at all, except when she's feeding when she'll sleep for about 30mins. Then I burp her and she won't go back to sleep. I spent the morning in tears. DH thankfully took her for a walk in the baby carrier for an hour so I could compose myself and have a bit of a sleep. She's still not asleep now. There's no times in the day where she's content, I can't put her down even when she's asleep. There has to be something wrong I think. I'm going to the Dr tomorrow to see if we can figure out what's wrong. I think she might have reflux. She seems to have the symptoms to me.

Anyway gotta go DH needs to get thing ready for work so I have to take over with Lil.

Night all.

Kel

oh no Kel, I hope it was just one bad day :hugs:

Mason slept again just waking every 3 hours for a feed. He wakes up 3 hours ON THE DOT! Im sure he should be going aleast 4 hours by now??

But anyway, I dont feel *that* tired. He is watching tv in my room right now hehe.

I think he may have some sort of reflux too. He is brining up so much more milk than normal, and all I seem to do is wipe his face and change his clothes

Hi!

I had a great night!! Dylan went nearly 6 hours between feeds from 7.20pm til 1am! WOW! He then went 3 hourly for the rest of the night but I was so happy with that!
    He's now having his unsettled time but I've managed to get him to snooze in his rocker thing.

Kel - Sorry you had such a rotten day...I hope everythings ok! Sometimes these bubbas are just so cheeky - that was great of dh to take her out for walk while you got some time out!

Danni - There's no "should"! hehehe. They'll feed whenever they like! Remember, he's only little as well so is maybe still catching up?? Dylans a chucky baby although he does seem to be settling down a little...I think it's ok as long as they're not screaming in pain iywkwim??

Gotta go - little mans awake - and screaming the house down!!

6 hours?! im so jealous!!! What did you do to him?

This chucking thing is really bothering me. What if I didnt have so many clothes? And everytime I put him in his car seat I have to sit in the back with him ready to catch it. Im too scared to leave a bib on him when Im not watching cos he puts it over his nose

Hi!

Danni - LOL - nothing I swear! (although I had a glass of wine yesterday arvo! hehe) We've just started a nighttime pattern where he has a bath each night whenever his feed is around 5pm-7pm - so I feed one side, then he has a bath and then depending on how he fed I offer him the same side again or the other...he's mainly feeding only one side at the moment. I do this every night so that we can start a routine. He then sleeps all night (waking up for feeds of course!) In saying that he's quite unsettled throughout the day though....I can handle that a lot better than at night though!

Is he bringing his wind up?? I notice that Dylans chuckier if his wind doesn't come up...

kristie: im too scared to have any wine incase i make him unsettled, although now i might try! Please try and come to Nikkis on saturday night, would love for the boys to meet each other

Caro: its much more than a posset now...its a big chuck. He threw up his whole breast feed before I keep a BIG bib on him after his feeds and he wont burp over my shoulder...he HATES being up there, so i have to burp him sitting up.

Hi!

Good advice Caro!

Danni - I only had one glass and that was just as I finished a feed so would have been all out of my system by the time he fed next!
    I know - I would love to come along but we're heading up to the PIL for the weekend as it's MIL's b'day! Next time for sure!
    Dylan was doing those big vomits...I'm sure it was just from gulping it all down to quickly and too much...Just mention it to you mchn next visit....

deedeeze Guest

HI ladies

Did we all enjoy our mothers day? Mine was my first which was very exciting. I wanted Rhys to get me some sleep as a pressie, but that didn't happen!

Sorry I have been lost in action. Rhys has been going through a view patch lately of constantly wanting to be fed. I had him weighed last Thursday and he is just off his original birth weight (after 2 weeks).

He has this weird habit of grabbing hold of the nipple and moving his head side to side- ouch! Is this because he is over hungry? He also kicks a lot at the end of a feed. Maybe I should just wrap him up?

Just wanted you ladies to know that I was thinking of you all and hoping that you are getting a decent amount of sleep!

Take care of yourselves and your little ones.

Hi!

Dee - Glad you had a good day yesterday! Quite often it's growth spurts that cause all the feeding! The head moving is definitely when they're hungry and I'm not sure about the kicking...maybe he's got a bit of wind??

Well, I think I spoke too soon yesterday. I had such a good weekend, Olivia spoilt it last night, crying and staying very unsettled and not sleeping from 230am til just after 5am, then not really settling all morning. I was and still am knackered, but in the midst of sleep deprivation, I cleaned the house, swept, moped vacumed washing in and out and dinner! I almost called my mum at 9am, but for some reason I didnt.I think Olivia is a little too hot in her harness, so Iit just means we have to find the right outfits for her, espicially at night. We are leaving the singlets off and just having the jumpsuit and a light wrap.
    Hope you all had a great mothers day.
    Got to run, I am being called...or cried for!!!!!
    Love Melissa

deedeeze Guest

Thanks caro and Kristie for the advice!

Hi!

Melissa - Big hugs! I hope she sleeps well for you tonight!!

I'm so hoping Dylan sleeps well - I'm buggered! Louis was a terror today because he was overtired so I need them both to sleep well and be happy tomorrow - LOL!

Sweet Dreams!

Evening everyone! Tonight is my first night alone with Nicholas, DH has gone to a meeting for a couple of hours. I know it sounds pathetic, but because of my busted foot, I haven't really been on my own much for the last three weeks. And Andy has really been around all the time to help since Nicky was born, so it's a bit strange to be home alone....well, with my wee little man!

Just a quick question, I'm having a bit of a crisis of confidence with BFing.....how long do you all feed for at each feed? Does it vary much from feed to feed? Cos Nicky was premmie we got into a rigid sort of routine, now that he's past his birth weight I'd like to get more onto demand feeding. I'm just a bit lost as to how to do that! At the moment we're doing 20 mins on each side, sometimes 10, 10, 10, 10, then a comp feed (but we're slowly getting rid of that HOORAY!). And we feed every four hours.

Hope you all get a wonderful night's sleep! What wouldn't we give for four hours straight......

Hi!

Sezjm - I just feed Dylan when he cries! Usually at every 3 - 3 1/2 hours...He feeds for as long as he likes but thats usually only about 10min - 15 max. This is strange for me as Louis fed for ages - like 30min each side! Mostly at the moment he only wants one side though...He soon lets me know when he's had enough! and yes it does vary from feed to feed definitely!

yep it varies here too! Sometimes Mason only has 5 mins each side and sometimes 20 mins!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast