Thread: Babies Born April 2008 #2

Default Babies Born April 2008 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in April 2008

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...il-2008-a.html

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Looks like I'm the first one in the new thread!

Unfortunately I can't wear my new PJ's tonight After I got them home, I noticed the security thingy on them which prevents me undoing the packaging. I rang the store (Target) and they said I needed to bring them back in to get it off... couldn't get there before they shut, so will have to go in the morning... *sigh* I'm pretty bumed out about it actually... I even changed the sheets on the bed for a whole of sleep experience! I've got the flanelette sheets on now so we shall be all cosy for the 2 ish hours we get at a time!

Oh - a friend of mine suggested cutting out caffiene as she found it helped her bubs sleep longer and better. Have now got decaf coffee & tea (taste ok too!) and twice today Liam has slept 4 hours instead of 3... the true test will be overnight! But I think it's helping! If anyone else needs decaf stuff, I bought the Moccona decaf coffee (expensive!) and the Dilmah Decaf tea - both taste just fine - like normal stuff! Will be SO worth it if he sleeps well!

By the way, I'm about to load some pics in my gallery if anyone wants to peek at my gorgeous little prince!

Nettie- what a gorgeous boy!!! Oh and that is a interesting bottle you have i the background, is that for his cleft palete???

Well i have uploaded some pics to if anyone is interested. Got some small smiles in it!!!

No way in heck will I ingest caffeine, no choc, no coffee, no tea, nada. Not worth the restlessness and lack of sleep . You know "you are what you eat"... well now there's two of us that are what I eat.

Anyone know if you eat dairy and baby gets a reaction to it, is that a long term one? I ask because formula gave DD a long term (perhaps lifelong) allergy to dairy. I wonder if the protein in breast milk gives the same result just for mum eating some. Because I got a link of what to cut out if you need to cut out dairy, and it is a HUGE list. Things like casein and stuff that many may not associate with dairy at all and still be exposing babe to it. Dairy is in everything, (even some meats!) I have tried to find foods without it in it and it is so hard. You basically have to cook all foods yourself, no packaged stuff at all - which is a good thing I suppose but a pain in the butt. I've been off dairy for almost three weeks and if there is no improvement in ds's sinus, I'm going back on it. It takes up to three weeks for all dairy to clear from both your systems.

Nettie and Beatrix, I'm just taking a gander now...

Thanx for the dairy info Fire. I seriously hope that it isn't lifelong and just caused by the immaturity of the bubs digestive system. 3 weeks is a long time to have to cut out dairy. No processed food will also help with weight lose if you have any left to lose.

Good morning ladies, did we all get plenty of sleep last night (yeah right)

As for me, well I think our honeymoon period is over, Oliver was really fussy with going back to bed last night/this morning and when we got back from the school drop off this morning he was the same, little bugger was fighting it all the way! I got really teary this morning because of it as I really don't want the same problems we had with Jordan, because 'severe' lack of sleep makes a very unhappy and grumpy mummy

Nettie William is gorgeous, love his beanie.
    Beatrix love the little smiles from your princess
    Last edited by Sharon19270; May 8th, 2008 at 11:54 AM.

Morning all,

How was last night for everyone? Went to clinic this morning for Wyatt's 2 week checkup, and they are worried 'cos he has lost 20g in just under a week. My thoughts was WOW a whole 20gs in 7 days. I wouldn't think it's something to worry one self with, but by law I have to take him back in a week to make sure he has put weight on, or they can and will report me to child services if I don't... Now I would of thought losing 200g in a week is cause for worry by 20grams over 7 days come on...

Anyway apart from Wyatts HUGH weight loss everything else is fine. Very fit and stronge, and I need to give him more tummy time during the day. Has grown a whole 1cm since brith.

Also finally got some photo's done up of Wyatt to send to all family and friends on Mainland. (have attached below, what do you think?) Also with lost of other just after birth photos.

Nettie: William is a cutie, he looks like he will be a heart breaker already.

Cheers
    Sarah

Sharon I agree anout the lack of sleep makes mummy grumpy and less tolerant. That is why I've taken what is written in the booklets that the CHN gave me that says bubs doesn't develop sleep associations in the first 3 months to mean that it is okay to let DD sleep on my chest when I really need the rest and she is fighting it. Especially so I'm not grumpy with DS when he comes home - it isn't fair on him to cop it because his sister wouldn't sleep for mummy during the day.
    Sarah You are a skilled photographer. I'm suprised that the clinic is worried anout 20grms too. Mind you my CHN can't add up she had Greer as gaining 295gms from 2985 to 3180 - that is only 195gms by my calculations. Guess you'll just have to force feed him this week so that he puts on weight.
    Last edited by alittlegrubi; May 8th, 2008 at 12:34 PM.

Ahhh!! I did up the list of who is who and the internet connection dropped out and I lost it - d'oh!!
    Will do it again in a sec.

Sarah - your photos are gorgeous. Did you put that together yourself or did you use a template from a shop or online?? I have been trying to put something very similar together but have not found a template that I can use and then take along to a kodak booth and have printed on photo paper so would really appreciate any advice you might have. The online ones want to charge upwards from $2.00 per copy to have something exactly like what you have done. I would prefer to put something together myself and just pay the 20c to have them printed (cause I need lots for the rellies in NZ).

Sharon - my honeymoon period is over too. Charlotte wouldn't go back down on her own after the 1.00am feeds for the last two nights, so have slept with her on my chest on a recliner. She sleeps really well from about 8pm to 1am but I don't know if it is wind or just wanting cuddles that causes her to scream as soon as I put her down after that feed. Even if she has been asleep on my chest for 2 hours - as soon as I put her down she cries.

Grubi - I agree, I hope that letting Charlotte sleep on my chest is not developing any really bad habits for later. I am with you, as long as I am getting some sleep - then I figure we have a happy mummy and a happy baby.

Nettie - sad about the PJs. I can imagine how much you would have been looking forward to wearing them. Target did that once to me too. Luckily DH just got the bolt cutters out and cut the pin without hurting the top.

Fire - I am the same with caffeine and chocolate etc. Have not had any since I got PG. And don't generally miss it. There is such a mismatch of info re food and breastfeeding. Some sites say it is really just an old wives tale and that you can eat anything in moderation and others have this MASSIVE list of things to avoid. I am back down to basics so that I can figure out what might be causing upsets. The only thing that I have not managed to give up yet is bread!!! (And as you say, dairy is in sooo many things - I have just stopped intentionally having milk, yoghurt, cheese etc) It makes you wonder how you are supposed to eat a balanced diet when you are advised to avoid wheat, dairy and heaps of the common fruit and veg!! (Man, I would hate to be a vego and not be able to have meat too!!)

Anyway - I will get this list done.

Default Introductions

Introductions

Here is a list of some of the people who chat regularly on this forum:

Alittlegrubi
    DS - Logan - 2 years old
    DD - Greer - born 19/04/2008

Tarnee
    DD - Charlotte - born 16/04/2008

Nettie
    DS - Liam - born 17/04/2008

Sharon
    DS - Anthony - 19 years old
    DS - Jordan - 6 years old
    DS - Oliver - born 22/04/2008

Sarah
    DS - Landon - 2 years old
    DD - Alise - 9 years old
    DS - Wyatt - born 23/04/2008

Beatrix
    DD - Teleah - almost 4 years old
    DD - Annika - 19 months old
    DD - Millana (MJ) - born 25/03/2008

Shoegal
    DS - Baxter - born 09/04/2008

Nelle
    DS - River - 20 months old
    DS - Silas - born 30/03/2008

If anyone else would like to be added to the list then please PM me your details.
    Last edited by Tarnee; May 9th, 2008 at 10:14 AM.

My honeymoon period is over too!
    Jack has been so unsettled for the past two days. He wont sleep for more than 2 hours at a time and usually then only if he is attached to me. I do love him to death, but i ended up without a shower and wearing my pj's for 2 days straight! He just would not go to anyone else without crying - and I cant stand to hear him cry - I just want to keep him happy.
    Anyone else having this problem?

Sorry for the 'me' post... hope everyone is well.

Hello hello, I'm still around. Just haven't been getting to the computer all that often. Isn't it strange how a day seems so long but then all of a sudden two weeks has gone by?

Ive had to give up caffeine, too, which is upsetting. I read that the fizziness of sodas (not just the caffeine) is acidic and causes tummy upsets, too. I'd been having Fantas and Sprite for quite shots of sweet but when I cut that out Lila was much happier. Sigh. Now I'm ever so healthy, have a fully stocked fruit bowl to give me a sugar boost when needed. Anyone else majorly crave sugar these days?

Speaking of fruit, just before Lila was born we signed up for Aussie Farmers Direct.. They're this business that delivers fresh fruit/veg/dairy/bread right to the door and its all Australian. Has been a lifesaver, we've been to the grocery once in the past month for some staples. And its cheap, and really good quality. Just thought I'd pass that on.

Let's see... Changed the spelling of Lila's name because everyone was mispronouncing it. Figure this way she'll have it a little easier later in life. She's a good baby, sleeps 5-6 hours at night, 2-4 during the day and doesn't cry too much. I've been expressing almost all of her feeds because once we got over the cracked nipples and bad latch I realized she had thrush. Shooting, burning nipple pain that turns me into a raving mad beast. Apparently there's some shortage of the mouth drops that clear it up, I should get some tomorrow. I've been trying to clear it off my nipples and sterilize everything that goes into her mouth in hopes it ceases. Anyway, even though its HEAPS of work, (I feel you, Nettie.) I don't get that restless, overpowering anger come over me when I feed her from a bottle. On the plus side, when she does feed from the breast her latch is so good, it got so much better once I started bottle feeding her. A bit counterintuitive, but there you go. Plenty of wet and pooey nappies, she's gained around 500 g since birth. Looks like a little chunk, very cute..

We've started to go out and about, the first few weeks I had a sort of phobia about even going out on the patio. Now we take a walk nearly every morning, and are planning a massive road trip down the coast to DH's parents' farm this weekend. Its only 3 hours, but still. Such an undertaking. Am also starting to get back into taking care of my house, it was such a good feeling yesterday when I managed to hang out the wash, make dinner, and visit with my neighbor next door. Little victories.

Thinking of you all, I'll try to get on here more often.

Leyla- Lila does that sticky baby thing to me every so often. Ok, maybe this sounds selfish but here goes... Since shes been born I have refused to negotiate my daily shower. Usually I work it in while she sleeps, but if shes being all clingy I cant do that. I would get really upset hearing her cry but DH pointed out to me that if shes not hungry or dirty or hot or cold then theres not a lot I can do for her and if hes cuddling her for five minutes while she screams, then so be it. She will live and its not like shes being left without comfort. Just with some smelly, hairy man.. Its still hard for me to not be the one to hold her when shes grizzling but I think DH is on to something.

Steph - nice to see you back, I thought Lila's name was pronounced as Lay-la as per your signature. Such a pretty name.

Leyla - hugs to you hun! I hate when Baxter cries too!

Tarnee - PM'd you.

Sarah - I too am interested to see how you did that! You are very clever. I'd like to do the same for my thankyou cards but the prices I've been quoted make it a very expensive exercise. Would you be interested in doing something like that for an artwork fee?

Hello to Sharon, Nettie, Janine, Grubi and Nessa.

Me - had Baxter weighed today, he put on 60gms in two days, yay!! So hopefully this is the start of some good weight gains for him. Getting him weighed again next Monday. He had a GP appt today to see if he had a possible UTI and had a little wee bag attached. DH will take it to the path lab tomorrow (40kms away!) so we should get the results by Monday.

Baxter had a very unsettled day on Monday but fed and slept like a champion yesterday. I'm still struggling with my life being ruled by someone else and the unpredictability of it all. Apparently this motherhood caper gets better?!?

SG
    xo

belle it can be difficult to let DH do some of the caring, but don't shut them out of the caring for baby, there will be times to come when you need some you time - let DH help and trust that he will look after bubs.
    I'm over the baby(honey)moon stage too, more at the what have i done stage now - but I know it will pass.
    Tarnee if you're anything like me with the emergency c-section - you need to do what works best for you and for the first two weeks getting out of bed and to the cot was just too hard - baby on chest and sidelie feeds were the order of the night for me. How are you finding your recovery?
    I found wheat products - bread in particular was a problem with DS getting reflux - what blood type are you?
    Leyla Greer being my second - I realise that it's okay to let her cry as long as it is not a distressed cry, although I can't stand it for more that a couple of minutes and the baby carrier seems to be getting a lot of use this time round since she cries the minute you put her down.

Shoe- that is a fantastic weight gain!!!!! they like for bubs to gain 20g a day so 30g is fabbo!! YOu are doing so well.

I had MJ weighed today she has gained 260g in 9 days!!! (shoe just so you know that is roughly 28g a day so Bax is puuting on a great amount)

Steph - so you have changed her name via deed poll or you havent sent in the birth notice yet??

Leila- i hate the crying but sometimes there is nothing you can do to help just be there for them

Tarnee- I am Nessa mum of Teleah almost 4, Annika 19mths and Millana (MJ) born 25/03/2008

Sarah- your pics are so cute, but i might warn you (friendly way) That BB has rules as per the amount of tickers you are allowed to have (one) and you arent allowed to post pics unfort but you can use the gallery and link back. If you want a ticker site that you can have more then one date/bday use bump-and-beyond (click on my sig and it will take you to the site)

Fire- oh my i dont htink i have the will power to cut out all caffine, i try and limit myself but i am a chocolate adict!!!

Grubi- what was you DD name again??

Sharon- sorry to hear your little man is unsettled. lack of sleep sucks. My DH isnt happy but to avoid my lack of sleep i have been co sleeping as MJ loves it and will sleep for 5-6hrs at night with me whereas she wakes at least every 1-3 hrs in her cot

Well i lhave my little grumpette in the pram next to me to give my arms a break but she is asleep in my pj top so she can still smell me.

man my house looks like a bomb has gone off

Shoe - Good to hear Baxter has gained weight and 60gms is good. Keeping fingers crossed that Baxter's pathology comes back okay.

I have to take Logan to the doctor this afternoon as he has an awful rash on his face that is getting worse even though we have been coating him with cream.

Sarah looks like you could start up a business doing everyone's cards

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast