Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Babies Born August 16th ~ 31st 2008 #3

Kel, starting to feel kind of lonely in here for you? Sorry about that. I always read but sometimes done get time to post!

Am having a few hassles with my amniotic fluid levels so extra stress and ultra sounds, not in the best of moods lately! hehe!

So nice to hear that you are getting good strong kicks! Not so comfy but lovely to watch! Mine is very active too!

How was your trip to sydney??

Hi girls,

Milly, I was feeling a bit abandoned and lonely here, I think it's just the three of us posting in here now, you and Danielle and me...or is there someone else out there to make a liar of me...?? Go on! Please?? lol!
    Sorry to hear about your amniotic levels. How stressful for you. But I am assuming baby is ok? But kinda nice you will get to see smidge some more? I had too much fluid last time with Liam. I feel like I did with him this time too, I am just huge. My belly feels alot bigger this time. I should pull out Liam's yellow card and have a look at it. I'm a bit worried I might have GD, I find out on Wednesday. Or I'm just really fat. I had a midwives appt last week and all was well- BP, babys heart beat. Thanksfully she didn't measure my fundus because that is always a rather large measurement! If I do have GD, or evern the polyhydramniosis again, I will be a high risk patient and that will really stuff us up being rural, because the hospital will want to monitor me, which will mean I have to drag the kids to stay in Sydney for 6ish extra weeks. I so don't want to and would go bananas if I had to live at my mothers for that long, and be pretty much a single parent for that long, and that far pg too....trying not to worry about it though since it's not happened yet!

*cut and pasted from Belly Buddies*

We are back from Sydney. It was a LOOONNGG drive! Very uncomfy for me and it has totally stuffed my pelvis and back. I acn barely walk without hobbling adn holding onto furniture. I am feeling rather sorry for myself! I don't look forward to the drive to Sydney when I'm 36/7 weeks pg to give birth. It will be terribly uncomfortable! We even stopped half way, so it was only 4hrs in the car either way, but it didn't help much. I am totally tired and exhausted and I couldn't sleep well at mums place either, and Liam got a huge fever on the way home, not sure what it was but I had to give him nurofen and panadol an hour later to get rid of it. He been captain sooky pants since then and I can't lift him at the mo and he really doesn't appreciate that!! We snuggle on the lounge but he wants me to carry him around while I do stuff, and I can barely walk let alone carry a 13kg toddler around!
    I still haven't gotten my GCT results, though I have a sneaking suspicion I may have GD. Only because I am sooo big (my belly is) and I have been CRAVING sweet stuff like it's going out of fashion. I have been drinking alot and weeing alot, but I do that when I'm pg, it's not anything that's really different. Plus my pelvic floor muscles are shot so I pee alot anyway, lol...sorry tmi!! But we will find out on Wednesday for sure.
    Ok gotta go I can't sit here for too long, or my back screams at me to move!
    Sorry no personals, will try to catch up in the next few days. I hope everyone is well.

Hi girls. Not alot happening here which is why I dont post often LOL But I do read all your posts!

Tobias is finally starting to talk a bit but he is still getting constant ear infections, it sucks big time. He has pretty much been constantly on AB's for the past 5+ months!

Starting to pack up here, my lease ends on 12th Dec & I'll be moving back to the Gold Coast. Going to Forster first to stay with my sister while she waits to find out if her DH's life insurance will be paid, then she can afford to move.... fingers crossed it all goes through. She cant bear to stay in Forster any longer than she has to, they had only moved there 3 weeks before her DH died & it is full of those terrible memories for her (getting the phone call, driving to the soccer fields, being told the devestating news, going to the morgue etc) She wants to go back to the Gold Coast which is where she has alot of very happy memories with him & alot of good friends too.

XH had his court hearing last Thurs, he pleaded guilty so has to go back to court on Dec 16th to be sentenced etc. I hope justice is served.

Thats about it from me. Hoping all the pregnancies are going well xoxo

So do you think that one can eat too many Darrell Lea Choc orange balls? The packet was 130gms and says serving size 25gms... i ate the lot!!!

Now having the most amazing BHs ouchy Maybe baby doesnt like this much chocolate!

How is everyone?

Hey girls,
    I do check in... i haven been pretty quiet though, a few issues with both girls.
    Not long now tegam!

Arrgggghhhh f***ity f*** f***!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just wrote a HUGE post and I deleted it all. God I'm an idiot. Not writing it all again. Will come back another day. POO!!!

hehe tom has a way of doing that to me! Poor Kel!

Hello anyway!

Ahhhh have you read Roryrorys birth story?? you have to, its beautiful!

Hey babe, nope not yet, is it a new one? I'll have to go lookign. I meant to go have a look at some birth stories today. I was watching foxtel with the birth stories on it. While they were all gorgeous and had me in tears, (lol!) They are American and were all just not what I want! All with epidurals and laying in bed monitored, induced.....annnyway....! Will hunt down some on here

Oh i love reading them, i find i cant watch them at the moment as i get HEAPS of braxton hicks, i think im pushing without knowing hehe.

Rory is a homebirth but you get the drift, its nice and calm and normal. There are a few i have read today that are nice, normal and quick....Ill have one of those please!

How are you? How did your kid free day go this week? I am having one tomorrow. Mum and Dad are coming over at 9am and i dont have to be back til after dinner. Im planning and eating, sleeping and sewing!

They felt sorry for me, i was meant to go away with DH this trip. 26hrs in Melbourne and then 24hrs in perth, well the fluid thing put a stop to that and the wedding i wanted to go to last week! POOH so last night thomas vomits all over his sheets (Just when the laundry was cleared of washing) and then tonight i discover the DD1s GF that is sleeping over last night and tonight has nits! So i have to treat all their hair and wash all the linen, are you kidding me! hehe All with 4 kids and pregnant on my own!

So what a lovely mum and dad i have. Will be nice to start the week with a rest seeing DH is away for 8 days!

Its a busy week too seeing we have house guests, evies dance concert, school carols, tuckshop and hospital appointments!

Anyway id better hit the sack, all of mine are sleeping well at the moment, only evie waking once to go to the toilet and thats better than a wet bed so im a happy mummy! Time to have a newborn to start the crapo sleep again!

Hi girls!!

Amelia, I am ok. Totally over being pg. I hate the restrictions I have on me and I hate feeling like I do. The only good thing is the bubby in my belly. Everything else for me totally sucks! (Sorry if that offends anyone, but thats how it is for me). My kid free days are lovely and very much looked forwards to! I have been busy for that last few though, with D's and my wedding anniversary on one, his birthday on another and helping out a friend on another! Plus I make my doc's appointments on those days, so blood tests and checkups are those days too. But I usually get in a nanna nap and have made a point of going to one of the (two!) local cafes for breaky or morning tea. On my own or I invite one or two of the other mummies to come and keep me company. I had the most devine honey and macadamia nut cheese cake last week, OMG *drooool!!* I will have to go back this week and see if they still have some, it's the cake of my dreams! And I'm usually a chocolate chicky! Hehehe!
    Sorry you're being shafted with your time out! It sucks when you think you're going to get a break and it all goes to ****. I usually end up in tears at times like that, lol! I so love my time on my own. Pre kids I would happily go about my business for hours on my own. I think that's part of why I get so stressed out sometimes now, because I just don't get that time alone anymore. Though the one day a week is absolutely lovely and I haven't had a breakdown (except over legitimate stuff like not being able to get a car!) for months now. Is your DH home yet? I know he's been away alot. Will he give you some time out? Maybe go and get a massage or pedicure or something just for you. Find some honey and macadamia cheese cake!! You will be in heaven trust me
    I saw Evie had her concert the other day, I bet she looked like a little angel! I can't wait til Lily is big enough to do stuff like that. She will love it, she loves to dance for us now and she's just so cute! I love to see your girls int heir tutu's and dace stuff they look gorgeous!

Hi to everyone else, I hope you're all well

Cut and pasted from belly buds...
    Well, we are almost there!! I *think* I'm 32ish weeks today....wow! Alot of people are telling me I have dropped, which I think I have too, unless baby's bum just isn't up in my ribs anymore, lol! But I think he's still head down. The pain in my back has changed too, which makes me think he's moved. It's now more in my hips and pelvis rather than back, though that stillhurts too! My heartburn/reflux isn't so bad either so I think that's a result of baby now squishing my stomach anymore! Still lots of movements and squirming in there. I think he likes to roll around alot cuase there's not so much kicks as that rolly polly feeling, just big slow movements that make me feel sick sometimes! I have been getting BH like they're going out of fashion. I can't hardly move without getting one. When I do alot or get really upset, I think I've been having a few real contractions too. Nothing regular and nothing I'm really worried about, but I am trying not to do alot of physical stuff, which is making me crazy (I'd be terrible if put on bed rest!), or get too upset or worked up.
    My belly seems to have slowed with it's growth! It's not as huge as it seemed a few weeks ago, lol! Sleeping is just a fruitless effort for me. My hips hurt and I just can't get comfy. Like at the end of my other two pg's the best place for me to sleep at themo is on the lounge! But DS still needs DH or I to sleep with him, so we alternate who sleeps in there, and when I do I just have to resign my self to the fact that I won't be sleeping that night! Between DS literally sleeping on top of me, him waking at least 2 times, DD occaisionally waking and me waking to pee, or just being uncomfy, I think I might get about 4hours sleep!
    I am still feeling terribly disorganised for bub. I had wanted to paint the room and decorate it al little but funds are really tight at the moment so I don't know if we will manage that right now. Plus we still don't have all the furniture we need, like a change table or a chest of drawers! And I still need to buy DD a booster seat so baby can have her baby car seat (a convertable SnS). Arrrgh!! I guess it's lucky we don't have a car anyway, lol...the car seat doesn't matter so much right now! But we do need to get one and God know's how that will happen since the stupid banks won't let us consolidate our debts and give a measely $12000, which we have proven we can pay back....grr, anyway, enough of that!

Ok, there's a fight in the loungeroom, gotta sort it out! Hope all is well with everyone, sorry for no personals!

Kel, so much of what you wrote sounds like me! I can believe how much we sound like pregnant chicks hehe! Oh the sleep, the hips, the other kids waking, not getting anything done for this bubba HEHE at least we arent alone!

I am a bit of BB at the moment and will enjoy having a vent to you but think ill make it a FB inbox!! I have to get more done around the hous enow so later babe!

No worries hun, always here! I've got things to do too, but SO don't want to!

Well after another crap appointment on friday, and scan and then another appointment today...... My inducement date has been set for Monday 13th December!! They expect within an hour of waters broken ill have baby in my arms. Another scan i two weeks, if thats not ok ill be induced earlier... You all know me, im totally out of my mind with the pros and cons of it all and there is NOTHING certain about me going ahead with the AROM on the 13th! eeck i dont even like the sound of the date!

Feeling rather sick, stressed and emotional about it all! Wishing i had a cristal ball to know if baby is better off on the inside or not! Poor little skinny runt that it is at the moment!

Wouldnt it be just perfect if baby happened to come at home before all this but at 36+2 i think even with my history its wishful thinking!

Thinking i may just go hide under a rock for a few days now and lick my wounds! So sorry for the me post but i just dont have anything else in me at the moment

Awww, hun. I'm sorry things aren't going how you planned. I don't have time now, but I will come back later. Just wanted to give you some of these

have copies to below from my bellybuddies group to keep you up to date!

AFM:

Well can you be bothered hearing about my day yesterday??

Had a major run of BH on wednesday night that were very ouchy, then on thursday morning i was very dry reachy and threw up a few times (Now nothing special i know) BUT for me these are the ONLY warnings i get that baby is coming soonish. And seeing i was only 34+6 DH and i didnt want to just wait it out and see like we would do at 37weeks....SO off to the hospital i go! Monitored for an age. Showing lovely nice contractions, they OB and MW couldnt believe i wasnt in pain...I knew i was having them but nope not sore. So they do and internal YAY looovvveee getting my vjj out for everyone! SO it shows my cervix in very thin BUT closed (suffer for all those people that have told me this whole pregnancy that id be 2-3cm already and loss as a goose!) I refer back to our car converstation and confirm that i have the SUPER SPORTS MODEL of cervix!!!! So then they were all freaking out saying baby is coming....hmmm i didnt agree as i didnt have any of that "leave me the hell alone' feeling i get. SO they ordered steriods for baby - im glad im a nurse and could say no - as steriods dont work after 30-32weeks! and they ordered for me to stay in on bed rest! far out i have three kids at home! SO i agreed to an moving my US from next monday to yesterday. The scan showed baby fulling engaged (well hello i could have told you that from the pain) and that the cervix is vvvveeeerrrryyyyy short! Well didnt we know that from the internal - but gee thanks for one last date with the dildo cam to confirm NOTHING!

Anyway scan also showed baby back up to the 41% in growth, fluid down to 9... So nothing great but nothing to freak out about, well in my humble opinion!

So back to them wanting me to stay. My thinking was this is pre labour, this is why i labour so fast at the end is cause i have a nice week or so of pre labour. Not nice and yes i know baby could come but no i am not able to stay in hospital for the next week waiting to see when it happens.

So i came home (naughty naughty) came home, had panadol and a nice quiet 1.5hr conversation/relaxation message to my body that this is infact to early to welcome bubs and time to freaking slow up on the whole pre labour ideas. And guess what it worked! The OB said it couldnt be done but ha, i know my body and i believe in my own mental strength! I am not having a 35weeker! The chances of me going another two weeks are not great but not at 35weeks thank you!

But there are some good points. I know know that my cervix is closed so if they do an internal in a week and it shows im 4cm ill know that things are starting to happen and ill be happier with an induction! Their big concern is that i might never dilate slowly, with my history i might go from nothing to 10cm in minute, but thats a risk i am willing to take. Having the short cervix is not comfy and i was wondering if crumpet would lend me her stitch after thursday???

Also another good point is that DH is away now til monday 35+3 and then on leave for......wait for it......7weeks! Amazing, he went and talked to them this morning before he flew off to perth and they just said, dont worry here take more AL! Woohoo so the stress is off us now. DH will be home for the birth (well provided i rest as much as possible until monday night!) Hence i have time to write this essay cause im making the inlaws be grandparents for once in almost 7years, Its hard to rest but ill try to be good!

WOW did you get thru all that??

Big huggles hun. It must be pretty stressful for you, its great you've got your inlaws there to help out. I hope you really are resting thoguh. I know the old say I'm resting totally but I just......It's not worth bubs coming early for you to cook dinner or fill the dishwasher! And I'm glad you didn't wait too long to go to hospy with your contrax. By the sounds of it, it's likely baby will come quickly!! At least your cervix is still closed. And baby has grown! I will keep everything crossed that bubs stays put for at least another 2 weeks!!
    Yay @ more leave for your hubby, lucky he had it there and his work gave it to him so easily! That's great, then you can sit back and not worry until Smidge makes his/her arrival! BTW, I have a feeling 'it' is a 'she'. Whenever I write about it, I keep wanting to write she, totally automatically, I just want to say she! But then, I am still saying she about my baby sometimes too, and he's a boy, lol! Maybe I'm just a weirdo! Hehe.

AFM, well, I'm plodding along. Or waddling....It's not pretty! My back still sucks and I am struggling with things emotionally. Back to being pretty down about stuff. DH has taken the kids out to the shops for a while to give me a break. I'm totally over everything. I just feel like hibernating til bubs comes. I don't even feel like doing stuff with the kids. It's taking me alot of energy to focus on them and do simple things like drawing and being sincere when they show me something they're so proud of like a building or drawing. Not just say 'oh wow. Yeah, cool!'. I hate feeling like this because they deserve so much more than I have for them right now. I'm worried I will be like this when bubs comes too...ugh it's so sucky!!
    Liam is gorgeous, though he's being a bit of a cling on sooky lalaa lately! He's been wanting me to pick him up alot and then whinging becuase I can't. And he's also hurting and pushing Lily around somedays, which he hasn't really done much of at all. Still not eating well at dinner time, but I am so over it, I just don't care anymore. He eats and wats allll day, so he's not starving, but he just flatly refuses to eat dinner unless there is a fresh cob of corn there or sausages, and even then it's hit and miss with sausages these days, or he will eat pizza, but only store brought! He had been eating fish fingers and chicken nuggets (both homemade) and spaghetti with mince, but now he just won't. I have no idea why. But feed him something like yoghurt and he will devour it and ask for more. Or fruit, he would eat a whole punnet of strawberries, a banana, watermelon and an apple if that was what was on offer. Maybe I should just give him that....but then I want him to eat his veggies and meat too. And I don't want to be making two different things every night. If he doesn't eat now, he just goes to bed hungry. Like last night. He hadn't eaten anything 'propper' since about 2pm yesterday, and went to bed without eating at all. He took over an hour to get to sleep and through the night I heard his little tummy rumbling. God I felt like one shi tty mother then! But I'm just not going to give in! He will either get used to not eating, or he will eat what I give him!! Aaarrrgh!! I so don't know what to do! Lily has always been a pretty good eater and now she will eat almost anything, she will at least try anything.
    Anyway, I think I hear the monkeys and DH home.

Hi girls,

Just thought I'd drop by and say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I hope the day is wonderful for you and your families, how ever you're all celebrating! Remember it's about being together and being healthy and safe. Be careful on the roads if you're travelling! Stay safe. Luv n hugs, Kellie xxoo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12