... 89101112 ...

thread: Babies Born August 1st ~ 15th 2008 #8

Jan 2008

sorry to be all mee mee first of all thanks everyone for your quick responses and encouragement it is appreciated lots.

well im feeling BEYOND stressed out its getting to a ridiculous time time for us 4 weeks gotta move hubbie has no job yet been out of works for so long its silly. And the only 1 person i know well enough in qld to help me move house the ex husband said nope not helping me. Im very much feeling emotional and stressed. i hate moving hate hate hate it. why cant there be 10 more of me to help out i dunno have not found a property yet as only just realized... lease up on 8th may and i am feeling very much overwhelmed. we need more time in our days to pack.... the real estate hasnt herd back from owners and the longer i wait the harder it is. they want to demolish this house. they dont do periodic leases.

i feel like ripping my hair out then sleeping for 100 years and then doing it all over again with tears in between.

Jun 2008
    in the eye of a toddler tornado

squiddy I don't know how you do it at the best of times let alone when you have to move and hubby's not working.... maybe someone up there can help?
    a question for the girls who have just been to NZ how did bubs go with the time difference?

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

Squidipa - if you need a hand moving, give us a yell. I'm sure DH and I can fob the kids off with my mum or something for a day and help you guys out.

Jan 2008

a question for the girls who have just been to NZ how did bubs go with the time difference?
    thanks

we never changed the times of joshies ruitine we kept to australian time and worked around it as we find that to be easier there was day light savings when we were there but thats finished now. That way when we returned to australia he wouldn't be effected IYKWIM

thanks mel thats such a kind offer

Nov 2007
    Cocooned in the love of my family!

Squidipa - Everyone else has said it, they will all do different things at different times. I certainly wouldn't be stressed at this age if they aren't doing any of these things yet. They are only 8mths ish afterall! Example: Jett only gets to sitting positions from crawling position right now. He can't sit up all by himself. But you look at Kye and he can sit up but isn't crawling. Nothing wrong with either of them! I hope your BIL is ok too.

SB - The chocolate taste is up to you, but I wouldn't give more than a taste personally.

Sasha - your FIL responds well to the surgery, and I hope DH can get a flight ASAP.

Sorry, I started this last night, and then when I went to put Jett to bed I fell asleep myself! Oops! Good thing too though, The little man decided to wake up every 2 hours last night... I wonder if there are more teeth coming?

Our friend who is the vet in Kinglake got given $100,000 yesterday by the RSPCA to help her buy equipment needed for her new vet clinic up there. Her old boss decided not to rebuild the clinic and pretty much has left Kinglake to it. He is still running his equine medicine clinic though. So Katie (Kate as she is known professionally!) decided that she just couldn't abandon Kinglake and all her patients and friends so has started her own clinic. Some of our friends and my FIL have all donated their time, services and materials to fit out the shop, but buying the x-ray and pathology stuff was always going to be the issue. But now the RSPCA has come through for her! Fantastic stuff! And as usual, the type of person she is, she is playing it all down and told me that she reunited a cat from the bushfires with it's owner yesterday, and that is so much better than all the hoo haa! She sooooo deserves it!

ETA - Aww Squiddy. I hope you can sort all this moving stuff out. It must be hard with DH not working, and at the moment it is so difficult to get work for any one. you find somewhere to move to and you can stay there indefinitely.

Feb 2008
    In my own little world

MT - yay for the RSPCA coming to the party!!

Well, Vey now has 5 teeth,2 more just about to cut through, a 38+ degree temperature, and all the doctors around here aren't accepting any more patients! I am really starting to hate the mountains! Most places you can't get into without an appointment anyway, regardless of how sick you are, it's like you have to plan being sick ... {um, I think I might have the flu in 3 weeks time, so I better make an appointment to see the doctor now} BAH!

I have given him panadol ... it only lowers his temp by about half a degree though. Yesterday, he was 37.6, panadol lowered to 37.2. He is currently asleep (he has been doing alot of that lately) and will breast feed but not too crash hot on solids .... I wonder if it is all because of his teeth

Squidipa - Vey isn't sitting yet, and still just commando crawling. Occasionally, he gets up on hands and knees (or more commonly these days, head and feet with his bum way up in the air LOL) but not much else ...

Rach - Vey sleeps alot on his tummy too ... he is most annoyed if I put him in the cot on his back! He settles really quickly on his tummy too

Anyway, best be off, things to do .. mwah!

Jan 2008

thanks mt and mm yeah joshie is totally sitting up by him self if ya put him in that position. Question does anyones bubs do the whole throw them selfs back and go rigid thing joshie is very prone to doing this lol when he doesnt want what eh needs or you want him to do.

mm have you called 13 health? also sometimes when u say to receptionist that your child has had a fever for days now and ya cant get in any where they just let ya jump the que ive found

Nov 2007
    Cocooned in the love of my family!

Aww MM, that is horrible. When I was living in Scotland it was like that too. It seriously was "I'm thinking I might be sick in 2 weeks, so could I book an appt just in case?"

I would mention baby and fever too. What else are you supposed to do except go to A & E at the hospy?

Squidipa - Yep Jett does the rigid thing too! PITA sometimes!

Jun 2007
    Gold Coast, QLD

Hi girls,

Well good news - T's dad got through the surgery last night. Was transferred to ICU around 10pm so about 6 hours in surgery.

T managed to get a flight up to Townsville this morning so is there now. He has just called to say that he is out of ICU and just in special care now, phew!
    He is still drugged up, speech is obviously slow but he could converse with T so that is a good sign

Squid - K does the whole rigid thing too, more so if he is on the change table and I am trying to dress him - must be that age!
    He is usually crackin' a real narny too which really tests my patience sometimes

MT - yay for Kate receiving the donation from the RSPCA, she must be so happy!

MM - poo to the doctors not accepting Vey

Speaking of teeth, K has been real irritable today - didnt have a morning sleep. I ended up going out to Robina just so he could sleep. He keeps rubbing his mouth with his fist aswell and his nose has started running again, I wish these damn teeth would just cut through, grrrrrr then hopefully the drooling will ease cause OMG it is shocking!!

Anyways thats my ramblings for today, gotta attend to a grumpy child

Will check in later, hope everyone is having a good day!

Jan 2008

He keeps rubbing his mouth with his fist aswell and his nose has started running again, I wish these damn teeth would just cut through, grrrrrr then hopefully the drooling will ease cause OMG it is shocking!!

thats great that he is out of icu im so happy for you it must be a relief?

i so hear ya on drooling and especially the runny nose thats so annoying and yet no teeth hrmmm josh is alseep with dadda on the ebd me doing washing and folding cloth nappies.

my add on.... this is in another thread too
    o.k heres the thing my step mom lives with my dad on other side of country and i love them both very much. My step mom has incurable emphysema and is on oxygen. My dad has no other children whom lives near him or has contact with him. My father tho does keep good contact with my step mothers kids thats are all grown up with kids that have left home mostly now.

Me and hubbie been thinking about the inevitable ..... death and we know that my mum will die. I have loads of feeling on this but will stick to the point here.. We wonder how my dad whom i am very close too... would cope.. and we would like to be able to say dad if u want u can come live with us we would love it. But i dont know how to word it right. do i say something or not? thoughts???

Jan 2008

oh the poop just gets better it seems my baby bro is so going the wrong way and has a warrant out for his arrest.
    My mom is in constant pain all the time and is crying from the pain on a dailey basis.
    Found out my gran in law has breast cancer and angry no one told us when we were there in nz.
    My bro in law came through his op fine but needs to go back in this week for another one as there is still alot of puss present in his leg.
    My 2 younger bro's are borderline gonna give mom a heart attack not respecting her.
    My step dad is outa work and making my sister pay for his morgage an all the bills while sharing the one house grrrr. She is a SAHM with 2 young boys.
    Found out since being back in Australia my neices's father has not seen her in 4-5 months along with my sister. just opened a letter up from my mom and it says she was made a ward of the state. I am not sure if this is true or not so will have to contact welfare Tuesday regarding this.

Jun 2007
    Gold Coast, QLD

Squid - big to you honey, sounds like you have alot going on with your family!

Well you may of noticed I changed my username hehe can anyone guess what it means?

Alright back to bed I go, Kye woke up 15mins ago is back in bed now so I'm heading back to bed too

Toodles

Jan 2008

thanks sasha no have NO IDEA what it means what does it mean?

happy Easter for those of you celebrating it. the kids are with thier dad this morning so i thought we would celebrate next week . gotta go get a coffee and do hair off to church bye!

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

Sash - yeah its kye morgan spelt backwards

Feb 2008
    In my own little world

LOL Sash - I picked up on your new user name just like Mel!

Shocker night here, sooooo non compus mentis this morning .... perhaps coffee is in order today .... but we now have 6 teeth, so at least he's getting them all out of the way in one shot!

Have a great day everyone! mwah! xxx

Jan 2008

yay mm for the teeth...
    anyone still without ANY teeth???? thats us lol

Oct 2007
    ★ nor here nor there ★

Just a short message, at the footy being spoilt in a superbox!

A few answers....

Love it Sasha, I knew what it was going to be!

Hugs MM

No teeth here Squidi, don't think anytime soon either!

Nakita is feeding 3 hourly overnight atm, still no voice and having trouble breathing and settling @ night

Have a fabulous easter xxoo

Jan 2008

poor Miss N hope she does get better soon.

... 89101112 ...