Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #12

Default Babies Born August 2005 #12

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in August 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie [email protected]
    Lea 13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

August '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Jo_gee
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 2nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4180g (9,4) Length 53cm, Head Circumferance 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Samuel Luke
    Baby's Website:http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joanddarren/
    Health Concerns: NIL
    Notes: perfect lil happy feeder born via c section
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Storm
    State: N.S.W
    Baby's DOB: 9th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3290 (7.2)- Length 52cm- Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Zachary
    Baby's Website: nope, sorry
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) heart murmur & a hydrocele
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) induced by arm, due to 2 vessel cord

Forum Name: Wheatie (Soph)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lucie Maria
    Baby's Website: Not yet!
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Was induced due to high BP. Lucie went back into hospital less than 24 hours after coming home as she wasn't feeding - turns out she was jaundiced and needed some tanning time! Mum now expressing and bottlefeeding as confidence was seriously dented!!!

Forum Name: B456
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 24/8/05
    Baby's Stats: 3230 grams, 51cm, 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby Name(s): Charlotte
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Silent reflux
    Notes: Born by c-section under a general anasethic (epidural did not work). I had preeclampsia - C/s was elective. She is bottle fed and is 'hyper alert'.

Forum Name: iluvella
    State:NSW
    Baby's DOB:24.8.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2.170kg (4 pound 12), 44.5cm, 31cm
    Baby's Name: Ella Hollie
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: is currently having major allergic reactions to all dairy - rashes, swelling of eyes and throat, blistering
    Notes: Ella was born premmie at 34 weeks due to a severe placenta abruption. Delivered through emergency c/s. Spent only 3 weeks in NICU and apart from recent food allergies has been developing really well and reaching all the correct milestones!
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Forum Name: Janene_87
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 26.08.2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3925g or 8lb 90z Length - 53cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Hannah Paige
    Baby's Website: www.babyhomepages.net/mybabyhannah/
    Health Concerns: Mild Excema
    Notes: Happy, Healthy little girl.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: kitten2b
    Baby's DOB: 27th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Maria Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) 5 weeks 4 days early.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3.5weeks in newborn care.

Forum name: Bec77
    Baby's DOB: 27 August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight: 1796g / 3lb15oz - Length: 46cm - Head Circ: 31.7cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Joshua Michael
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuamichael
    Health Concerns: Nil
    Notes: Joshua was born @ 32+4. He spent 4 weeks in special care but is fine now!

Forum Name: Mummy2Kaitlyn ( Cass)
    State: Sydney
    Baby's DOB: 29th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - Weight 4.154Kg/9pound 2Oz , 52Cms long
    Baby's Name:Kaitlyn Ava
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Suffering from the "flat head Syndrome" that seems to have come about due to the SIDS sleep on the back recommendation. We just narrowly avoided having to be fitted with a helmet to correct it last week ...phew ...always get a second opinion!. Other then that she is a healthy little bubs!
    Notes: 26.5 Hour labour ....lonnnggg, she was a very big bubs so took a little while to make her way out!. And when she arrived she looked like a little Budda with her fat rolls. SOOO cute!.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread HERE.

Hi everyone with August bubs...wow - they're almost a year!!!
    Thought i'd join through the suggestion of a friend known as Fletch with gorgeous Zane.

Forum Name:iluvella
    State:NSW
    Baby's DOB:24.8.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2.170kg (4 pound 12), 44.5cm, 31cm
    Baby's Name: Ella Hollie
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: is currently having major allergic reactions to all dairy - rashes, swelling of eyes and throat, blistering
    Notes: Ella was born premmie at 34 weeks due to a severe placenta abruption. Delivered through emergency c/s. Spent only 3 weeks in NICU and apart from recent food allergies has been developing really well and reaching all the correct milestones!

Just wanted to add a big Congrats B456 Thats fab news about the
    (i'm jealous...i'd love to be preggas with my next one right now too!!!)

Hey Rona

Have fun at ur nana's 80th- gee she's doing well!!! Yeah - i'm glad u got me onto bb, i'm havin so much fun (paul's not as happy....i'm gettin too many ideas - haha).

Also a big hello to the rest of u August bub gals. Have a great wkend.

By the way- i'm pretty amature at this tech stuff...it's only because of advice from Fletch that i've figured out the whole signature thing. Can anyone explain to me how i get an avator thingy at the top with my name/profile? Ta!

Hello Everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA. The big move was yesterday and Telstra decided to cut our phone off on Thrusday morning - I did ask for Friday afternoon!

So much to catch up, so please forgive me I am a little lost ATM.

Hi Rae and welcome! Bet your Ella is a cutey pie.

Jo - Hope Jess is ok, how horrible. Give her a big kiss from all of us!

Ok I know I have heaps to catch up on with everyone. I will I promise. Heaps of cute new pics in sigs, all these bubbas are stunners!

We are all sick here, full of colds and DH and Lucie both have yucky coughs. Poor bubba has had a bad run lately, she's remarkably happy for a sick little girl! She won't take any meds at all, so I try and slip a bit in her water in her sippy cup, but I guess the cold just has to work itself out of her system anyway and that they just mask the symptoms a bit.

Anyway gotta go and unpack more. Ugggggghhhhhhh. New house is great though. Oh hang on, here is my annoying story - went to buy 3 baby gates (we have stairs here) and went to this little baby shop in Ballina. Anyway the woman looks at Lucie and says 'She's too small to be needing these yet' and I said 'Well actually she's running around everywhere so yes I do'. The rest goes like this:
    Rude saleswoman: 'But she's so tiny, how old is she?'
    Me: '10.5 months'
    Rude saleswoman: 'Oh and you have another on the way. That was a little woopsy was it?'
    Me: 'I think I'll buy these elsewhere' as I walked out of the shop.

She was so rude!!!! I hate strangers assuming this pg was a mistake, it was planned, but who are they to comment anyway??????????????? Ok got that off my chest....now back to work..........

All added in for you Iluvella

To get the Avatar, you need to upgrade to Platinum Membership. Information on how to become platinum can be found HERE.

Thanx heaps Sherieb!!! became a plat member - too easy Great stuff - i'll be having even more fun on bb.

Good for you Soph!!!!! WTG!!!

Hi Rae, how ya doin?

OMG Jo Poor Jess, I hope she's OK.

Hi to everyone else. Sorry I haven't had the chance to be around lately, I have gained some "FERALS" for the week, what a handful!!
    All well here though, Zac has taken a record of 9 steps in a row now ( sad mumma here )

Brooke - Yeap just wait for all the comments, people are so rude!!!

Storm - Go Zaccy! It's these light weights I swear that get moving early 'cos there's no chubba for them to lift!

Rae - Yeap be warned, BB is highly addictive and a great housework distraction!

Still trying to catch up.....Think I have tonsilitis now urgh and Lucie has a bad cough and off solids. I think the milk is soothing her throat though but she should be asleep now and won't...and we have our first visitors arriving from Brisbane in about 1.5 hours.

Hi everyone Hope u all had a great wkend!!!

Thanx for the welcome wheatie, storm and B456.

Wheatie u r definately correct to warn me about bb being addictive...i think my hubby wishes i'd never joined - haha.
    Last edited by *Rae*; July 9th, 2006 at 05:46 PM.

Hello everyone.

Jess got out of hospital on Saturday so shes slowly starting to feel better. Darren stayed overnight with her so they treated it like a sleepover! Been so busy. My niece was born on Sat..Makayla Paige..cant wait to go and give her a cuddle on the weekend....and my little man is doing steps everywhere.

Jo

Talking

Hi Jo,
    Good to hear that ur Jess is out of hospital, hope she continues to feel better

Also it's great to read that u've been able to sucessfully breastfeed for so long. i've been feeding my little ella for almost 11 months now (only on about 2 feeds daily now) but am hoping to keep b/f for a while longer - as long as i have milk prob. Its funny how proud u become of b/f...it is an achievement and soooooo beneficial for both bub and mum (as u would definately know of course). i was really fortunate that ella took to the breast so well as she was 6wks prem and tongue-tied, and i'm so glad that it worked out for us. i hadn't really realised how 'passionate' i'd obviously become about b/f until recently when my sister-in-law had her 1st bub. Her son took well to the breast for the first two days but because her breasts were sore the day her milk came in (which is just how it's supposed to be) she decided to put him straight onto formula. i guess i was a bit ticked off cause i knew how great...and easy -it is for me and couldn't understand why she didn't even give it a try when he'd been attaching so well. Oh well each to our own! Anyway - that's my little 2cents worth - congrats on being a proud b/f mum !!!!

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!

I am phlat out with work...
    We had a lovely time on Sat night in the City, even though I missed my babies!!!

Jo, Glad Jess is out of hospital & feeling better....

Hi Rae & Ella, welcome to the BB world!

Soph, you should have said Yep, I just wish I could find the guy from the pub the night I think this one was conceived! Or something similar to shaut the B!tch up! Woo Hoo on being in the new place!

Hi Fletch & handsome Zane!!! How ya doing?

Brooke, You saound as stoked & excited etc as i was when we finally got preg with Miss Indah! It's so funny, & happy Furniture shopping...

Storm, WOO HOO ON Zac walking!!!

Indah only walks holding on to furniture & I can just see our time in QLD will be of her getting determined to walk & us spending our days holding her hands & walking above her wrecking our backs!! But oh well!
    She was a pure delight my sis said for the sleep over! So that was good she slept from 8:30pm til 7:30am in the portacot happily!!!

Ok back to work...

CIAO!

Thanks 4 the welcome tracey!!!

Yeah my little ella is still only creeping along the furniture too - but she's definately mobile enough...as much as i'd love to see her walking on her own, i think i'll enjoy my last weeks/months?? of freedom :laugh: Well at least one benefit is that i don't need to worry about going to the gym anymore - she's enough exercise!!!

Hi again Rona,

Haha yeah i got up early today and spent a few hrs while el was sleeping and got majority housework done. Only got 5 more items to iron (hooray - that's my most hated job)...and Paul has just told me that he doesn't need to go away until next week now did all that 4 nothing!!! Well at least it's done now.

To the rest of u gals - Rona (Fletch) has just done my invites for Ella's 1st Birthday (i just had run out of time, energy and ideas!!!). She's shown me the end result and they are absolutely fab ...really nice and not just ur regular invite! She's also ridiculously well priced so if anyones interested i'd definately recommend her creative skills!

Fletch, Once I know what I am doing for Indah's birthday I'll be in touch!

I am so busy at work it's p'ing me off!

Fletchie thats so great you are getting some work. Im sure that they will look so great...you clever think you. Your meet up sounds like fun too you lucky thing.

Hello and welcome Ella and Rae. I love the name Ella....so so pretty! I hate ironing too...blerrrgh. I can always find a million other better things to do that iron!

Awww Trace...its too bad work is getting in the way of bb time.

Soph how you going hon...do you still have visitors from Brissy?

Storm how are the school hols going for your troop? Sammy is loving ours..he loves having kids on hand to play with him...much more fun than boring Mummy.

Hello everyone else.

Ive spent most of the day giving lots of kids horse rides lol. Its fun and im getting a good work out which i cant complain about. Im looking after my niece too today..shes 3 and soo sweet...shes pwaying wiv wivvy at the moment..lol.

Jo

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast