Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #12

Oh Fletch hope your man is 100% soon! Great about the fever going.

Alex - Hope your mum has a great birthday. Are you going to a buffet? Have a pig out!

Rae - Hope there is a little brother or sister in the making for Ella as we speak!

Storm - Who did you do CC with? Zac? 2nd tri too - whoohoooooooo!

Jo - Yeap with you on the clinginess, makes things tough I agree. And yeap about to get out all Lucie's newborn clothes to re-wash - just the stack in 'neutral' colours. Have kept all the pink stuff separate just in case I don't need it. Then i just have to finish the hospital bag and get the cot and re are ready to go. Oh and the double pram as soon as I get my tax return money.

Hi Kirsty! Gemma is such a cutey!

Well have just put Lucie down for her morning nap. After literally 30 secs of a little cry she was cuddled up to Cindy the sheep and asleep. OMG. Same last night - straight down at 7pm with only a little wimper and then awake just after 6am. I am a new woman Just have to hope it lasts

Just quickly popping in to send heeeeaaaapppppssss of 'get well vibes' to all u girls, DH's and bubs that r unwell :hugs: - it's been a bit of a shocker these last few weeks hasn't it!!!!!!!!!
    Hope things brighten up for everyone - take care

Hi Girls ,

I to am here ..Have read all your messages but need to log off and go to sleep ( I am typing in bed!) I am going to join the group of us sick people as I have bronchitius (SP) ...keeps me up all night and I really better watch my pelivic floor muscles hehe. I am just hoping Kaitlyn does not catch it .

Well tomorrow is the begginging of my last week before I re-enter the work force ..shivers I better get cooking and freezing!

Chat later ladies ..

Cass

just wondering if any of u r on line - wanted some advice cause ella has a huge temp - 40.3 - had panadol, b/f and some water (off all food all evening) and it's now been 1 hr and temp has only dropped to 39.4. Called emergency and they said as long as she's taking fluids and temp is slowly dropping just to keep an eye on her for the next 6 hrs. so i've changed her nappy and into lighter clothes, sponged her a little with a cool washer and had to put her to bed cause she was getting irritated being kept up (besides she wasn't gonna get any cooler in my arms). Feel so helpless - not sure what else to do except let her rest and keep checking her temp every so often. Any advice would be great! Thanks

Rae you are doing all the right things. Fever is our little one is their way of fighting off an infection. I hope little Ella is better soon. Thinking of you

Jo

Oh Rae hope she is better this morning. Maybe she has what Zane had? Yeap just make sure she is keeping up the fluids, that's the main thing.

Hi Jo! How is Jess's arm?

Oh Brooke you poor thing! Hope you are all better soon. Do you have another scan today?

Cass - Hope you feel better soon too matey, and hope miss Kaitlyn escapes the dreaded bugs.

Lots of sickness around...yucko time of the year, bring on the warm and healthier weather I say!

Lucie's sleeping has been going really well. Day sleeps are ace too now. Yesterday she had 40 mins in the morning and 1.5 hrs in the arvo. This am she woke a bit earlier, at 5.30 and I was disappointed but then thought - hey I haven't been into her room since bedtime at 7pm, that's pretty darn great! Going to get her weighed today and I'm terrified she's lost weight. She's just walking/running everywhere now and with the dropped milk, I dunno. Will soon see I guess. 11 months old today! Strewth!

OOOOh, Poor everyone, maybe it's this thread? I am getting/feeling better... Dh has gone off to work, Indah still has her snotty face & cough, but it doesnt seem to worry her!
    Our last day b4 we fly to Gold Coast & i am so excited! I wont be back on line til about the 3rd August!!!! Will miss you all, but I do need a family holiday ATM!

Soph, truly dont worry if she loses abit or only gains a little, I checked Maddy's HC book & as she refused bottles from 10 mths & only drank milk from a cup with a straw, I saw that she only gained about 170g from 8mths -12 mths! But she also was walking at 10 mths... I dont recall anyone making me feel bad!
    I still notice now (Maddy is stick thin) that she gets kind of short & dumpy looking (for her) chubby in the face & then a few weeks later I see her clothes are a bit shorter, so she kind of fattens up & then has a growth spurt! I bought her some size 6 pants on the shopping tour, I hope they fit her OK at Christmas time (she'll be 8 then!)
    I also bought her some runners in a size 13, woo hoo... she will be so excited as I think she has been in size 10 for the last 2 yrs!
    Indah is in size 1 well & truly & yet I remember Maddy going to 3yr old kinder in some size '00' shorts! hee heee Maddy fits in some size '0' & '1' skirts thst Indah has been given!

Well Rae I hope Ella is better today, I know a temp makes you worry, but if she is sleeping then it's her way of resting for her body to fight off the bug! Hugs to her & you!

Everyone else who is sick... "dont share it with me, I have been looking forward to this holiday forever!" But please all rest up & relax & get better soon...

OOOH I heard another girls name I like.... (JIC) so I like Sonahli Rae, but also Leni (pronounced Lenny) maybe with rae as middle name or Ayu (eye U) as middle name it's my Sil name & I like it....???

Any thoughts?

Thanks heaps girls Ella is doing heaps better this morn. Finally got that temp down to 37.5 so we're just gonna keep up the panadol for a bit longer and the fluids. She's fine - having another rest now, was a bit unsettled last night but slept mostly, which i think has helped. Fingers crossed it just keeps improving and doesn't turn into this horrible gastro thing that's going around. Thanks again for the support (so scary when ur little one is unwell )

Hi Ladies.
    DH has gone back to work today Finally......

Soh, I did CC with Zac on the odd accasion he was overtired & I would just stand beside the cot, talking to him & watch him cry til he fell asleep, I know that's a bit different , but I still called it CC, but with Dylan ( i think) I used to walk out & come back a few moments later.I think it only took about a week & he was sleeping properly.You've done a geat job with Lucie, you really, really, need her to be sleeping right through especially now in the last few weeks to go, but more so when bubby is here too! You've done the right thing & you should be proud!!

I feel really out of the loop now, I havent been keeping up for 3 weeks & I feel like a stranger!!!

OH Rae, I hope Ella is better today, you did all the right things keeping her cool, it's so terrible when they have a temp.

Fletch, how is Zane today? I hope he is better too.

JO, how is Jess's arm? Zac's clingy today, but he has had Daddy home for the last 2 weeks & now he's gone, I think he really misses him!!Mum just doesn't cut it

OOOOO Trace, you're off then? Have a wonderful time.Enjoy that sunshine!!!!

Cass, I hope you're feeling better too!

Alex, have a great lunch with your Mum.

Oh Brooke, not you sick too!!! Poor Charli, hope you can get lots of rest.M/S too?Well, I guess that's gotta be a good sign.........

I hope I haven't forgotten anybody, Hi I f I have........

Zac is now on cow's milk which he enjoys. No more 1/2 drunk bottles, he woofes them down now & so far this morning he has had 400mls.I still mix it 1/2 & 1/2. I was unsure whether to use the step 3 formula or the cow's milk, but we thought we'd give it a go & wham he loves it!!No more fighting to get him to drink milk!!!!
    I am feeling a bit depressed this morning.It's my birthday & I'm all alone but in the same sense I'm glad DH has gone back to work.Ah well, birthdays aren't the same when your older.

Have a great day everybody!!!!

15 WEEKS!!!!!

OH WOW Storm Happy Birthday. Hope its a lovely lovely day for you. Please dont be sad....if its any consolation I will be home alone with my little boy tomorrow too! Im so glad your DH is better and 15 weeks OMG wtg!!!

Awww Rae...so hope the little munchy gets better soon! Its awful when our little ones arent well.

Trace I like Lenny and Sonahli..go with Indah's unusual name..very pretty...not so sure on the other one though...but might grow on me. What boy's name do you have picked out? Have fun on your holiday too wont you. Rest up and make some precious family memories. My little boy will be one when you get back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy 11 months Lucie!! Soph please dont stress..with all her running around and no bottles shes doing so well and is obviously happy and healthy. Thinking of you.

Cass hope you are feeling better too....geez all these poor sick mummas!

Well we are enjoying the last day of the school hols..school back tomorrow and its mine and Darrens bday too....32 ..where did the time go????? I am so looking forward to going out for dinner just the two of us...its been a while!!

Have a nice day ladies

Jo

Happy Birthday Jo & Darren!!!!

Storm, Jo and Darren - have a fab day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry..ours is tomorrow..but thankyou. This is Storm's special day today!!!!

Jo

Awwww Jo, am I special????????? Thank you!!

Thanks Rae!!

You are very special sweety

Jo

Just locking this thread now girls.

Your new thread can be found HERE.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567