Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in August 2005 #21

Default Babies Born in August 2005 #21

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in August 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie [email protected]
    Lea 13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

August '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Jo_gee
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 2nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4180g (9,4) Length 53cm, Head Circumferance 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Samuel Luke
    Baby's Website:http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joanddarren/
    Health Concerns: NIL
    Notes: perfect lil happy feeder born via c section
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Storm
    State: N.S.W
    Baby's DOB: 9th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3290 (7.2)- Length 52cm- Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Zachary
    Baby's Website: nope, sorry
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) heart murmur & a hydrocele
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) induced by arm, due to 2 vessel cord

Forum Name: Aussienic
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 22nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 9oz Length - 49cm Head Circ -
    Baby's Name: Jacob Riley
    Baby's Website: na
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: A very healthy bub.. Still breastfeeding and growing beautifully. He was born via C/s at 38 weeks due to GD and me having a large baby previously. He was in SCN for 4 days due to low blood sugars and Jaundice

Forum Name: Wheatie (Soph)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lucie Maria
    Baby's Website: Not yet!
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Was induced due to high BP. Lucie went back into hospital less than 24 hours after coming home as she wasn't feeding - turns out she was jaundiced and needed some tanning time! Mum now expressing and bottlefeeding as confidence was seriously dented!!!

Forum Name: B456
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 24/8/05
    Baby's Stats: 3230 grams, 51cm, 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby Name(s): Charlotte
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Silent reflux
    Notes: Born by c-section under a general anasethic (epidural did not work). I had preeclampsia - C/s was elective. She is bottle fed and is 'hyper alert'.

Forum Name: iluvella
    State:NSW
    Baby's DOB:24.8.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2.170kg (4 pound 12), 44.5cm, 31cm
    Baby's Name: Ella Hollie
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: is currently having major allergic reactions to all dairy - rashes, swelling of eyes and throat, blistering
    Notes: Ella was born premmie at 34 weeks due to a severe placenta abruption. Delivered through emergency c/s. Spent only 3 weeks in NICU and apart from recent food allergies has been developing really well and reaching all the correct milestones!
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Forum Name: Janene_87
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 26.08.2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3925g or 8lb 90z Length - 53cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Hannah Paige
    Baby's Website: www.babyhomepages.net/mybabyhannah/
    Health Concerns: Mild Excema
    Notes: Happy, Healthy little girl.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: kitten2b
    Baby's DOB: 27th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Maria Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) 5 weeks 4 days early.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3.5weeks in newborn care.

Forum name: Bec77
    Baby's DOB: 27 August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight: 1796g / 3lb15oz - Length: 46cm - Head Circ: 31.7cm
    Baby's Name: Joshua Michael
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuamichael
    Health Concerns: Nil
    Notes: Joshua was born @ 32+4. He spent 4 weeks in special care but is fine now!

Forum Name: Mummy2Kaitlyn ( Cass)
    State: Sydney
    Baby's DOB: 29th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - Weight 4.154Kg/9pound 2Oz , 52Cms long
    Baby's Name:Kaitlyn Ava
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Suffering from the "flat head Syndrome" that seems to have come about due to the SIDS sleep on the back recommendation. We just narrowly avoided having to be fitted with a helmet to correct it last week ...phew ...always get a second opinion!. Other then that she is a healthy little bubs!
    Notes: 26.5 Hour labour ....lonnnggg, she was a very big bubs so took a little while to make her way out!. And when she arrived she looked like a little Budda with her fat rolls. SOOO cute!.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread HERE.

I'm first..

Did it take this long for the antibiotics to kick in with Kaitlyn?

I hope Indah is a bit chrpier whn I get home, coz it makes me so sad!!!!

Glad that you got to enjoy MG & it took your mind off the M/S!

I am staying home with Indah tomorrow, Dh says she seems a little bit better, but I want her to be 100% better!!!

I am liking Leni (pronounced Lenny as in kravitz) for a girl, ofcourse she'll still have Rae as a middle name...

OH, I have to get pregnant first ofcourse!!! Thoughts??????

Love it Trace! Have a wonderful day off tomorrow snuggling your little girl too wont you.

Fletchie glad you had a better day today....enjoy your lie down.

We went to mums and bubs movie today and saw The Devil wears Prada. It was packed out with lots of babies....Sammy thought it was great being able to run around but eventually after stuffing his little face with twisties..he settled down for some boobie and went to sleep...so ended up being nice. Weather is getting so warm..its so lovely.

Where is everybody?? Storm...hope you are ok??

Jo

Trace - hope you have a good day today and Indah is feeling better.

Jo - Was the movie worth seeing? Not that I get a chance to go anymore LOL!

Fletch - Hope you managed to have a rest.

Hi Storm, Cass, Brooke, Rae, Alex and everyone else!

Am a bit worried about my supply and Ned's feeding. He just doesn't seem too interested ATM and only been going one side (except in the evenings). I've been expressing from that side after each feed to try and boost my supply a bit and I haven't been getting much at all. Very stressed atm and doubt he has put on any weight this week. Will see tomorrow I guess. Oh and Lucie thinks 4am is get up time again!

Soph, your milk will start to be settling down now to make the amount Ned is needing... So dont panic, maybe offering him breast a bit more often, but honestly he will settle into a pattern with feeds & your breasts will settle down into what he requires, then he will have a growth (feeding spurt) & feed every hour or so & you'll think you dont have enough again, but trust me, you will have, as long as you let him keep feeding as often as he wants then your breasts will make as much as he will need!
    Your such a legend!!!! Doing an awesome job!

Jo, I heard the movie is good? Yeah I like the name!???

Hi Girls,

Trace I hope Indah is feeling a little better this morning. I think it took about 2days before Kaitlyn came out of the Lethargic state she was in . So you are almost there!. Enjoy your day at home cuddling.

Soph dont worry to much about your supply sounds like Ned is doing just great!. Let us know how he goes with his weight gain.

Jo your day at the movies sounds great. Mum and I went to see it on the weekend and I loved it!. Mind you we went Gold Class so I think the two glasses of wine and Nachos during the movie would have helped as well hehe

I hope you are feeling a little better today Fletch.

We had a shocker of a night again last night. Poor Kaitlyn is getting to massive molars and she is in so much pain ..my poor baby.

Well better run ....another day another dollar!

Thanks Trace. He just doesn't seem interested in sucking at the moment which has me concerned. Aaahhhh it's so tough. Might ring the LC and see if she can come around on Monday. I'm wondering if Neds tongue tie is preventing him sucking properly and before he was maybe more just swallowing when I had a tonne of milk? And now it has settled down he can't suck it out properly. Anyway crazy mum brain thinking too much probably....How is Indah?

Cass - Wow gold class sounds nice. The molars are really bad, Lucie was a shocker too when they were cutting through. And I found they kind of cut through twice. Once on the outside and then a bit later the inside bit cuts through. Hope she is better soon - go the bonjella. I will try and post weight gain (hopefully not a loss ) tomorrow but timing is tight with going to the MCHN, feeding Ned and throwing the kids in the car to pick up DH and drive to Port Macquarie.

I have been up since 3am and am tired and stressed. Ned, Lucie and I were all crying together this morning. What a sorry sight.

Hey girls,

Soph, sounds like you are doing an excellent job feeding Ned. And I'm sure that he's put on some weight!!! And I hope daylight savings helps Lucie to sleep in a bit for you!! And hope you can manage to get a nap in today....

Trace, how is Miss Indah today??? Is she any better?? And bet you are enjoying being home cuddling your bubba!! Jack sends her big get well hugs... Oh and I love Leni for a girl..

Cass, yeah Jack is getting his molars atm too and will not go to sleep at night anymore. He usually went down about 8 with no probs, but every night these days has been a major struggle.... Last night I had to give him some Nurofen cause he had his needles yest too.. And I finally rocked him to sleep at about 10... But I am very lucky (touch wood!) that he sleeps all night...

Fletch and Rae, hope you girls are feeling better soon... I've been ok these last few mornings, and I thought I was ok this morn but I have just come back from a meeting with the toilet!!! There goes my brekkie!! I'll have to go and eat some more now...

Brooke, hows your Dh??? Any news on whats causing him his pain?? Hope he is a bit happier and you have managed to get some rest too...

Jo, Movies sound great!! Glad Sammy had a ball and what a good boy to have a sleep too!!! Jack loves Twisties too!!

Louise, Bec and Storm, hope all you girls are well and feeling good.

Ok gotta go find my son who is out the back making a mess I'm sure and get him and I some brekkie!!!

Went back to Dr myself at 9:30am (it's bulk billed) she keeps vomiting up the antibiotics... She is so zombie like & it's rare to get a smile, she's been like this since Monday & I think i'll have tomorrow off too I dont give a flying fat rat's clacker about work ATM!!
    She's just so damned miserable... Dr said give her half dose of antibiotics but more times a day as she wont eat, she's been breast feeding & keeping it down... I grabbed Panadol too as he said maybe try that instead of Nurofen?!
    I hate my baby being sad & sick!!!

Ok gotta run, thanks for all the wishes!!! I LOVE Leni too!

Trace poor Indah..so sorry to hear shes so sick. She must be loving all her mummy cuddles today. I love the name Lenni too..really nice. The movie I wasnt so keen on....maybe I needed to go gold like Cass and have a few wines lol to enjoy it more!

Soph I can remember feeling exactly the same thing when Sammy was one month old...really its your body doing its job and meeting his feeding demands. Trust in ...yourself sweets..you are doing a wonderful job.

Alex how is the dog grooming going? I was actually thinking of you yesterday as I struggled to clip my pekingese thinking omg what would Alex think if she saw my bodge job on Bella...lol. Molars are the pits arent they. Sammy has just had one cut through and he has been pooing up a storm and has been a bit cranky..it really does take it out of them.

Cass your movie time sounds so much more fun than mine lol. We had so many mums and babies so there was always a baby crying or little kid screaming..not that i mind..it just one of those things! Id love the gold class here! How is Kaitlyn going at daycare now? Did you see the 'life at 1?' I was thinking of you when they were putting their child in daycare and was relieved to see how well their child was going. Must have been reassuring for you.

Hello everyone else....Rae, Fletchie, Bec hope you arent too sick. Storm..getting worried that we havent heard from you..are you ok???

My lovely DH is home today. Weve been for a lovely walk..taken Sammy to rhyme time and are about to head out to the shops before going for a swim tonight with the kids and then touch wood...the kids are going to go down like little angels and we are going to have a couple of glasses of wine...arghhh..(fingers crossed)

Have a lovely day ladies.

Jo

I'm sorry Jo, I'm ok, just pretty worn out.
    Will catch up soon I promise, is all a bit much right now. Plus I stopped getting notifications & didn't realise there was a new thread started.

The other day all kinds of things went missing, we could hear our phones ringing but couldn't find them anywhere! There was a hole in the wall which has been there since we moved in, only roughly patched over, well Zaccie discovered it opened it up & has been sticking all kinds of things in his hidey hole, we found pegs our phones, some small toys tissues hahah what a bugger, we got out our stuff & patched the hole while he was a sleep & when he woke up & saw my phone on the table, he frowned, grabbed it & went to his hole, you should have seen the look on his face when he realised his hole was gone classic!! Wasn't happy at all.

Ohh Trace I hope Indah gets better real soon.
    Will catch up with you all a bit later, maybe tomorrow.

Oh Storm that is hilarious lol...sorry..but i cant stop laughing..what a funny boy your little man is!!!!

Jo

AAAAAWWWW Storm, that's so hilarious, what a cheeky, funny little man, I love it!!!!

Well took Indah to another dr to get another opinion as she has broken out in a rash along her trunk & neck....
    I was concerned she may be allergic to the antibiotics...
    Couldnt get in til 7pm though & then sat in the waiting room til 7:45pm...
    This dr said yep her ears are infected & her throat is still swollen, but chest sounded pretty good... I had shown initial Dr her rash & he said it was nothing, but I know my baby has perfect cappucinno skin, not blotchy red skin...
    So this second Dr said it could be 1 of 2 things, She may be allergic to the meds, hence her vomiting after the last few doses she has been given & possibly the rash is part of that?
    Or it could be a mild reaction to the MMR immunisation from last week, which in the immunisation booklet it does say pretty much everything Indah has, she is not contagious, it's just a reaction, plus having the ear, throat & chest infection her system was running low & may have caused the MMR reaction...
    I have been up every 2-4 hours with her since sunday night now & am totally exhausted, I have tried temping, but as you can see by my chart it looks more like Egyptian pyramids, so I think I will give this cycle a miss & take som much needed rest & care of myself... On a Great note... a week today & my Inlaws are leaving Bali to spend 2-4 wks with us... I need to keep my energy for that!

Will be busy trying to sleep etc today so might pop back a bit later!!!!

ok really quick - tryingg to packfor port macquarie....

Tracey it sounds heaps like what Lucie had a few weeks ago - really fluey and unwell too and then the rash. That lasted about 2-3 days and then went and she was then getting better. Another friends bub had the same thing, so maybe just a virus? Hope all is better soon.

Storm - What a cheeky monkey!

Jo - thanks for the words of wisdom matey

Alex - a nap???? what's that lol

well i'm feeling a bit happier with the world today after a good nights sleep. Have referral for paed to get tongue tie fixed, Will try and post after 9am weigh in before our 5 hour drive - we must be mad :eek:

i am an idiit...4.9kg...300g gain this week

WOOO HOOO, see soph, trust in yourself babe, your actually feeding your Man now & he's gaining really well... You got yourself a piggy & a string bean!!!!

Enjoy your time away!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast