Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #8

Hi Girls ,

just a quick one as it is DH's Bday today so I should probably be snuggling on the lounge with him ...instead I am on the lounge laptop in hand!. Mind you he has both our cats drapped accross his body so there is not much room for me!.

Having a little bit of a freak out over here!. Two reasons ..first is I met with my boss and he is still not to sure what he has for me to do !!!! he has two options ..one project management which I love and the other sales telemarketing ewwww been there and done that about 10 years ago!. Anyway at least the pay is the same as they cant change that ...but with two morgages ( our place and the stinking investment unit we can offload!) Plus our car repayments ...childcare and bills I am very nervous it still wont be enough!!!! so that is worry one. Worry two which is the HUGE one is that I cooked us all a yummy lamb rice dish thingo ..diced all the meat ...but then when DH was cleaning Kaitlyns high chair he found a bone about 1cm long and VERY SHARP which was obviously in her food...so I am feeling like a shocking mummy right now!!!!!!!! :-(....that plus the falling in the bath with her on Thursday has left me a little shaken....errghhh.

...plusssss the reality of childcare has hit home ..and I dont want to send my bubba there :-( ......she will be ok right???????

Soph I hope Lucie is all 100% now!

Brooke I am glad you are feeling better ...I was on the verge of tears all day today!. You know I dont think DH's fully understand what we have to do ....I know we cant blame them as they dont live the busy life like us everyday .....but still be nice if they "got it". Good luck with the TTC this month ...make a GREAT story for the kids when you are successful ( positive vibes)

Tracey I hope the party went well and you get nice pressies tomorrow after their shopping trip.

Storm I hope you are having a nice relaxing weekend and not worrying to much . Dont you worry about that little bubba...just keep letting it do its thing..grow little one grow :-)

Fletch I hope you are not missing DH to much :-(

Jo bloody Ex's ...my dearest friend as a yucky one ..used to use his son like a trophy to show off when he wanted to ...no consideration for the child.

Well mums I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow!. DH and i will be celebrating our Bdays with friends and family at a nice brunch in woolaraha which will be nice ..Kaitlyns outfit is ADORABLE!. So I guess we will be having a double celebration !. Man I am going to have to change my age to 30 on my Ticker thingo on tuesday arghhhhh hahaha.

Cya
    Cass

Have a wonderful birthday celebration Cass. It sounds like you have such a lovely day planned. Its nice sharing bdays isnt it.

Jo

Happy Birthday for Tuesday Cass!

Happy Mothers day all!

Fletch - At least you can chat away to DH now for a while and fingers crossed time flies for you guys.

Tracey - Wow on 4 teeth, Lucie still only has 2!

Hi Jo and Brooke!

Well Lucie is sick again. Diarrohea came back after 48 hours. Not sure if she now has a lactose intolerance because she is sucking on her bottle (made up half strength) and keeps pausing and groaning and it's like her tummy is cramping. Spent most of yesterday in tears and just don't know what to do.........Might try some lactose free formula?

Oh Fletchie, you poor chook! Grr at your parents too!

No Soph, not again, poor, poor little Lucie, she'll get over it all soon!!

Hi to everybody, Happy Mothers Day! I am being norty being on here so just a quickie

Zaccie now has 7 teeth! OMG explains the night horrors last week!

UH OH< busted, gotta go!!

Make that 5 teeth now!!! We just had poo blow out all up her back, so sorry off to run a bath!!!

Love to you!!!!

Wow go all the toofies!

Soph poor little Lucie and you as well!. Sending big solid poo poo vibes your way :-(

We had a lovely day today ....lots of friends and family ...great food and Kaitlyn was so well behaved. What more could you ask for in a Bday lunch!. Got some great pressies as well :-).

I hope you have all had a wonderful mothers day.

Storm good luck tomorrow babe ....can wait to hear the wonderful news about you new little peanut.

Cass

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

Soph, how is Lucie going tonight? What did you decide to do about the formula? I hope she is feeling a bit better - you too!

Jo, doing the Play School songs together sounds like fun. We might have to give it a go! I hope you can sort things out with your ex with a minimum of stress and hassle too. Grrrr.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow, Storm. And wow to 7 teeth for Zac!

And 5 teeth for Indah, Tracey! I'm still waiting for one!

Cass, your lunch sounds lovely. And what a special day to celebrate too! So, do you think you'll go with the project management? What did your boss say about the 3 days a week instead of 5?

Brooke, glad to hear that things are going a bit better for you now. Good to hear that Charli is feeling better too. Hope you still got spoiled today, even with an out-of-action DH!

Nice to have you back, Fletch! I'm sorry to hear you are having a tough time without your DH. I know I would be the same. My DH does so much with Josh too and I feel it even if he is away just for a night, let alone 2 weeks. Sometimes you just need a break! Now that I have Josh, I often think about how my Mum raised my sister and me on her own for a few years and I don't know how she did it!

Hi to everyone else too!

We have had a lovely day today. I got very spoiled! First a sleep in & breakfast made for me and then flowers and some lovely pressies! DH & Josh took me out for lunch too. We had a nice meal and Josh was really chilled out and well behaved. Then home for a quiet afternoon kicked back with the papers. Ahhhh!

Hello ladies hope you all had a lovely day.

Bec I love the new pic of little Joshie. Sammy has the same elmo outfit..isnt it gorgeous and snuggly! Your day sounds heavenly you lucky thing. Dont worry those toothy pegs will pop up soon enough..Sammy has just had his two for months now lol.

Cass so glad your day went well. Its lovely to celebrate on such a special day. Catching up with friends and family is great. I bet Kaitlyn loved it. It can be fairly daunting cant it...kids are expensive. I hope you can come to an arrangement that you are happy with.

Omg Trace....5 teeth!!! Gotta love those blowouts dont you. Sammy did one tonight while I was doing the ironing so thankfully Darren got that one lol.

Wow Storm.. 7 teeth. Must mean Sammys cant be too far away hehe. So looking forward to hearing how your growing little bubs is doing in your tum tomorrow.

Soph I so cant believe that Lucie is sick again. Poor little darling. Please take it easy. Im sending her lots of get well vibes. Im sorry I dont know what else to suggest. Im sort of a formula dunce!

So glad you are back fletchie. Grr at your family though. We all need a break sometimes and it can be so nice just to feel a bit supported cant it. Hope you had a lovely chat to Scott on msn. This next week will fly by just you wait and see.

Thanks for all your well wishes re the ex ladies. I wont go into it...Im sort of a bit over giving it any more energy. I had a lovely day today. Breaky in bed, lots of kisses and cuddles pressies and rest. We met up with my mum for afternoon tea and then went out for dinner. Now I can chill again as the kids are all in beddiebies!

Jo

Hello Ladies

Jo - We still only have 2 teeth as well. At least I know it's 'normal'!

Bec - Your day sounds lovely. What a well behaved little boy.

Tracey - Yucko on the blow out, I am soooooooooooooo over them at the moment!

Cass - Glad you had a lovely day.

Storm - Thinking of you today. All WILL be good. What time is your u/s?

Well Lucie screamed blue murder every feed yesterday with the lactose free stuff. Same this morning so I switched back to the old one at 75% strength and we'll see what happens. She had 150ml so that is ok. No diarrohea yesterday so fingers crossed, although I am not getting my hopes up now we are back on the old stuff. Nightmare child to feed.

Anyway hope everyone has a good day today. I am in housework mode, sick of living in a dump! Got a heap done yesterday and DH even did all the ironing (99% his anyway!), which was great to get out of the way.

Sending heaps of eating vibes to Lucie, Soph, I hope she gets well soon & stays well!
    Poor little kitten.My u/s is at 11.30, & I am packing it! I wish somebody could come with me!

Glad you had a lovely day yesterday Jo & dont stress over your X I know it's hard but just think it's not your problem how he feels! OK.

WOW TRace, 5 teeth isn't it amazing how they just seem to be there one day? I felt like that with Zac, 4 one day next time I noticed there were 7!What a shocker & he has taken to biting, last night he crawled up to me & was playing with my foot, next minute crunch!Then when he was in his walker & grabbed hold of Bill's leg & yep, he sunk his teeth in too! Was funny!!

Glad you had a great day too Bec, yay for Joshie being so good!

Thanks for the well wishes Cass, I promise to let you know as soon as I get back.

I hope I haven't missed anybody!
    Have a nice day!

Oh i forgit to say, Lucie gave me the best ever mothers day pressie. I kid you not, she chose yesterday to very clearly start saying 'mummumumumumumumumumum'

Yay for Lucie say Mum Soph, you must be very happy!
    I just got a call from DH, he s coming home for the U/S!!! woo hoo!!!!!!!

I have AF (cycle #2) so will temp this cycle & then have 1 more AF & stat TTC!!!!

I am abit up in the air...
    Dh's family are really missing us & we have been discussing bringing them (his parents) out to OZ for a 2 week holiday in Nov...
    A friend just got back from bali & spending time with DH's family. He says they were saying they have so much to do & dont want to come to OZ... Now I am not sure it may have gotten muddled in broken English...? But I am thinking of organising a surprise ticket for DH to go home for a week -10 days!
    I desperately want #3 baby, but we arent able to afford for all 4 of us to go over anytime soon & if we have baby #3 we might go after bubs is born & as we have everything for a new baby we can use the $$$'s from C/link... But that's like a year away Dh hasnt been home since he moved out here almost 3 yrs ago, so he misses home too. I know if it was in reverse I'd really miss my family... But I know his family want to meet their newest granddaughter.... Plus he will hate being apart from his girls too!
    What to do what to do??? I guess I'll wait & see if they are wanting to come & might get a few prices for him to go home too... Just so i know what we are looking at......

Ok sorry for the selfish post I am just not sure what to do...

Soph, I hope Lucie is better & AAAAWWWWW How nice of her to say Mum!!!!

Everyone else sounds like we all had a lovely Mother's Day......

Great news Storm..... I cant wait to hear!!!!! Best wishes!

Oh Dear Trace, I have no idea what to say!
    If it were me I would beg borrow ( not steal ) any money I could so you all could go!
    But I would find out for sure if they really cant come out here, then I would try to organise for your DH to go. It is such a drama.
    I could only imagine how much Dh's family would want to see the girls!Poor you.
    I hope you work it out soon!

Thanks, very scared person here!!!!!!!!

Storm thinking of you sweets..cant wait to hear all about it. Im so glad Bill is going with you.

Soph that is the best!!! Clever little Lucie!

Yaay for sleepins Brooke. Hope you are all feeling better now.

Trace what a dilemma. I can understand your DH missing his family. I hope you can decide what the best course of action will be. Can you talk to your inlaws to find out exactly what they want to do.

Well cleaning day here today. lol. Funny how mothers day really just means extra cleaning monday ! Sammy has just gone to bed..hes so tired and I have too much to do..sob..

Jo

Storm, looking forward to hearing how you went this morning. I hope you got a good view of your little peanut.

Jo, yep, I love the Elmo suit too! You're right, it is so snuggly! It was a particularly cold day that I took that photo and he was all warm and cuddly inside Elmo! Did you see the Cookie Monster ones too? I liked them too, although they must have been more popular because they were all sold out by the time I bought Elmo...

Soph, how exciting that Lucie said mum for Mother's Day! Very sweet! Hope you are getting through the housework and getting some food into that little girl of yours.

What a tough decision, Tracey. I wish I had some good advice for you. Hopefully there was just a mix up due to the language barrier, like you said, and your DH's family can come to visit in November as planned...

Brooke, Cass, Fletch, Louise...hi!

We went to see the CHN this morning. Josh now weighs 8.75kg and is 73.5cm long. So he managed to put on 220g in the last 2 weeks even with his mini hunger strike! We seem to have found a solution to the feeding issues we were having by following his lead and dropping a bottle. He now has a bottle + solids for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a snack for morning and afternoon tea and his dream feed as usual. So far, so good. He still goes a little light on the bottles some feeds, but is getting plenty of solids...

Just a bit of trivia for you all...the CHN told me an old (Italian) wives tale this morning that I haven't heard before...apparently it goes that if your baby has a prominent blue vein under the skin on the bridge of their nose (which Josh has) your next baby is going to be a girl...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast