Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #9

Whoooohoooo Storm...that is so fantastic!!! Yaaaay!!!

Soph I have always fed to sleep too..lol..whatever works! Sorry Lucie has thrush..poor bubba. Maybe her immune system is a bit down. Hopefully the cream will clear it up pronto.

Oh Cass lol..hopefully she will sleep well for you tonight. Not sure about sesame street though. Singing songs is great isnt it. As soon as I start singing..if you are happy and you know it..Sammy starts clapping his hands madly lol.

Jo

phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....Kaitlyn is finally asleep. I think there is either a growth spurt or teeth popping up as she is just really unsettled and keeps waking . Poor bubba.

Soph sorry lucie has thrush :-(. What does it look like? Kaitlyn has had what looks a little like nappy rash but on the front for a little while now ....

Gave Kaitlyn some chicken schnitzel chopped finely with Avo and cheese for dinner ...man oh man did she love it!.

I think she has started to clap as well!!!!more fists banging together but we will get there. And she has start to kiss now! mouth wide open nice and sloppy. She learnt on the mirror as I say to her "kiss the baby in the mirror" needless to say my mirror is a mess hehehehe.

ummmmmmmm that is about all to report here .

Cass

Just popping in quickly to say Woohoo Storm!! Great news!

A big to everyone else too, will pop back tomorrow for some personals...

Hi Bec!

Cass - Hope Kaitlyn had a good night last night for you. Lucie was really unsettled too sleeping but had a great night last night, it was fabbo! I think her rash may have been annoying her. And yeap it looks like nappy rash but on the front, if you look closely kinda like lots of red dots joined together. If you are concerned just asked the pharmacist to save yourself a doc visit - the cream is available over the counter for only $6 or so. It might be why she is unsettled?

Jo - So cute with the clapping. I sooooo want Lucie to learn that soon but it doesn't look like it! It's lovely to hear that others feed to sleep too. I always thought it was 'wrong', but if I feed after a sleep she protests so much because she thinks I want to put her to sleep! They are all so different.

Hi everyone else!

Cass the kissing just sounds too cute!!! Yaay for clapping too. Isnt it gorgeous how they get that little look on their face..like they know that they are doing something sooo clever! Sammy used to whack his legs with his hands just before he worked out to get his hands together so must take a fair bit of manipulation from them to get it right.

Hiya Bec..hows little Joshie going?

Soph hope Lucie's thrush is clearing up. I know what you mean bout feeding to sleep..seems like there are so many "recommended" ways of doing things. Lol at Lucie thinking you are trying to put her back to bed again too..I think at this age too they get so distracted that the only time that they will feed really well (breast or bottle) is when they are bit tired and dont mind cuddling..unless they are really hungry i guess.

Hope everyone else is having a lovely day. Sammys been a bit of a cranky pants. He was a bit of an insomniac last night...we put him down at 8:30..he was wide awake by 9:10 refusing to go back to sleep!!! Finally got him back to sleep at 11. This morning though..when I was doing word lists with kids in livvys class he was so grumpy and drew all over a childs work!!! I took him home before his tantrums escalated.

Jo

Quiet here today!!!

Fletchie..is Scott back today??

Jo

I agree Jo! Maybe that would explain why Fletch isn't here, she's catching up with DH hehehehehhee

And wow Jo you do stuff with Livvy's class as well? You really are wonder woman! And you are right, with bubs, they are each so different and will do their own thing, so true for so many things!

Awww Soph thanks..not true at all but thanks.

Jo

Hi Girls ..quiet in here today ..everyone must be off cuddling with their Dh's ! mine is at soccor so I have a little while to wait for cuddles .

Soph thanks for your advise on the thrush ...I will have to pop up and grab some. Not sure if that is what it is but it has been like that for about 2weeks now and I am starting to think it cant be nappy rash ..although it is looking better and the paw paw cream helps ..mmmm....better to be safe then sorry though. How are you feeling? getting excited about the new bubs....I have a feeling you are having a girl!...mmmmmm 50/50 chance I guess but that is my wager :-)

Jo I hope Sammy is in better spirits!. What a budding little artist he is ...I know you were probably not impressed he was drawing on the kids work ...but hey what a clever boy!!! I think it is amazing he can work a pen ...go Sammy hehehe....Kaitlyn would just eat it hehe.

We have had another hectic day here...missy moo is on sleep strike still. She at least had 2 x 45mins naps but that is all I got! And she was up at 5am ...back sleeping at about 6am and then up again at 7am...this mummys tired!. Plus she is hysterical when she goes to bed so I feel so bad ...she does not even want to be cuddled ...then she doe snot fully fall asleep until about 1030am!! She has had really bad wind and a bit of the runs so maybe something is going on . Or it could be that she is crawling around the cot ( wont do it on the floor! hehe) or sleeping with her bum in the air so she just cant get comfortable. Who knows! ...poor bubbas ...we think it is hard being adults hey!.

Hi to everyone else ...hope everyone is well. HOpe that Gastro fairy has finally taken a hike Brooke!

Heya Girls

Soph, congrats on the townhouse! And that's so cute about Lucie thinking you're trying to get her to sleep because you're giving her a feed. They catch on to stuff so quickly, don't they? I hope her thrush clears up soon too.

Jo, I think Sammy is a clever little artist too! Although the child in Livvy's class probably doesn't agree! Josh is the same as Kaitlyn - he would have just eaten it! I hope you and Sammy both get some more sleep tonight...

Cass, sending Kaitlyn some sleepy vibes too. I know what you mean about Kaitlyn being hysterical when going to sleep - Josh does the same thing sometimes. He will be dead tired and giving every tired signal in the book, but he fights it. And boy does he cry sometimes. But, he hates to be picked up or cuddled - it makes it worse. All I can do is just pat his back while he lays in the cot. Then other times he hops into bed, has a chat to his toys and goes straight off to sleep. I never can pick it...? BTW, thanks for that link too.

Brooke, how did your appointment go with the paed today? Hope you were taken seriously and got some answers...

Storm, Fletch, Tracey, Louise, Georgie,

Well, the past two nights have been really good here. Josh woke once each night (@ 3am and @ 2am) but resettled really easily both times and went back to sleep until almost 7am! Hopefully it wasn't a fluke - fingers crossed for tonight. He is going well with his eating and has been trying new things. He has been snacking on cheese, kiwi fruit, arrowroot biscuits and grilled vegemite/cheese fingers and has enjoyed them all. I found a new drink for him too - I froze some pureed apple & pear in ice cube trays the other day and this morning I popped one ice cube in his sippy cup and poured water over it...the ice cube melted and we had instant juice! He loved it. I only did it because we had run out of his normal juice, but I think I'll keep doing it.

The three of us went out to dinner tonight - just to the local sports club. It's a good place to go because it's just bistro style with lots of families dining and it doesn't matter if Josh makes a noise! He was good though - he ate his dinner (vegies from home) and busied himself playing with the straws and sugar sachets the rest of the time!

Morning all. Vey tired mummy here. Lucie squirmed and grizzled all night and that was even after I put her in our bed. Then this am she had her bottle and then proceeded to throw it all up on me. Nice. Maybe she's teething, not sure.

Bec - Go Josh with the food! I might have to try the toasted fingers and kiwi fruit. Great idea with the juice too. Might have to steal that idea too! Your dinner sounds great - family friendly places are the best I reckon.

Cass - Hope Kaitlyn had a better night for you last night. And you think another girl for us? Mmmm I really dunno. Just have to wait for the suprise I guess!

Jo - No you really are a super mum. You do so much and are always so involved with everything with your kids. A great role model!

Lucie is 9 months old today. I can't believe it! Off for lunch with 3 other mums and bubs so that will be nice.

Poor Indah was up vomiting at 12:30 & 3am... Gagging on plegm, although she didnt seem to have a cold & is all full of snot this morning...
    I have had to come in to work as I have 3 days of training sessions! She is home with my Mum & I made sure there's plenty changes of clothes etc & to keep her all rugged up, poor little poppet....

I wish I was tucked up at home in bed right now...

Sorry I am just sitting here yawning & have to prepare for a training session...
    So Hi to all & hope your all chipper!!!!

Hiya ladies..what is with our bubbas last night eh. Full moon??? Sammy did not sleep unless he was attached to me and cried every time he wasnt feeding. He has a temp and is soo grizzly today. I so hope its just his teeth and he hasnt caught the bug that the bubba from hockey had on Saturday.

Bec sounds like Joshie is doing fantabulously. Its nice being able to give them different foods isnt it. Sammy loves juice too though he still tends to make quite a mess of it and soaks himself lol. Gotta love those family friendly restaraunts eh..they are my fav!

Wow Soph 9 months old. Hope you have fun with the other mums and you sleep better tonight too...yawn..its so exhausting being tired!

Trace I wish you were cuddled up in bed with your bubba too. Nicest place to be! Im sure its only the start of colds and sniffles with our little ones too..arrrghhh not even winter yet!

Lol Brooke at the bulletproof vest and manual. I think you are doing an amazing job. Yayy the Charli having her own library card. Isnt it soo cute. I have one for Sammy too and we get books every couple of weeks. He thinks its fantastic..though Im reluctant to take one back atm as hes ripped it. I love those Hallmark moments too..dont apologise..they are gorgeous and what we all live for. We went to the drive in with the kids on Sat night and it was just so lovely..we all felt mushy as well being so connected as a family snuggled up in the car!

Fletchie....pause for a breath wont you sweets..hehe.

Hiya Storm..bet you must be feeling on top of the world now you know little peanut is doing dandy in there!

Well ive been doing some fun creative stuff today. Little boy is still hot and cranky..but after 3 attempts at bed time he has finally gone for a sleep. I hope he wakes up feeling better ..poor little man.

Jo

Oh Jo poor Sammy. Hope he is feeling better. Cranky pants is in her cot too.

Fletch - Hellllllllllllllllooooooooooooooo heheheh she must be having a good time and is going to smack us all for talking about her I reckon!

Bec - So glad you were listened to by the paed. That's fantastic. Your cuddles sound so lovely too. I just kept on going in the end with formula back to full strength and eventually poopahs went back to normal. If anything they are a little on the firm side now.

Tracey - hope Indah is better too poor munchkin.

Well i'm going through an insecure moment because all the other bubbas today are so much bigger than Lucie. Boo hoo for me...............

Aww Soph...speaking from the perspective of a mum with petite girls I think its definately nothing to get insecure about. Rather that than big boofas I say. Jess and Olivia were very petite bubbas..everyone used to comment on how small they were...they are still small but i dont think they will have to worry about their weight when they get older!

Sammy woke up feeling sooo much better which is fantastic. Hes been crawling around the whole house chasing after me! I bought him some mini coloured tennis balls and hes having so much fun throwing them up in the air and chasing them...very cute.

Jo

So true Brooke

Jo

Hi Girls!

Bec your evenings sound lovely, what a solid nights sleep!. Go Joshua with his eating I must try the vegemite and cheese toasted fingers.

Soph I hope Lucie is feeling a little better this evening …so hard to tell with these bubbas isn’t it . If only they could tell us what is going on!.

Tracey I hope Indah is feeling better as well …we seem to have a few out of sorts bubbas!. Hope you got through your training session with out nodding off hehe.

Brooke I am glad you are all on the mend…I think Kaitlyn has it now!. So glad a Dr is finally listening to you..it is true that mums know best. We just have to hunt until we find someone that gives us the answer we want and know we need to get things fixed!.

Jo I hear you on the cranky pants …for the last three days it is just a repeat ..attempt to put Kaitlyn to bed ..get her back up …attempt and retrieve …attempt and retrieve …haha…ARGHHHHHHHHHH. So bad when you know they are tired and need to go down.

Hiya to all the other ladies!.

Well Kaitlyn has the bug I think …she has had a bellyache for a few days which is why I think she is having trouble sleeping. Then yesterday morning she had the runs ..all out the nappy for the first time ever! Then another one this AM and then a couple of little ones during the day. So we are on rice cereal, toast and formula and that is it. She has done 4 water poo poos …when do you take them to the Drs?. Just not sure if I should run her up tomorrow for a check up.

The poor little love has the worst nappy rash to ..from this I assume. Don’t think it is Thrush now Soph as it has REALLY flared up with the runs So horrible when they are sick L Feel so helpless. She is also off her food…which is also because she is tired from not sleeping well! Vicious cycle!.

Awww Cass poor Kaitlyn. I so hope shes feeling better tomorrow. I normally take to Drs if the same thing has been persisting for longer than a few days...but normally give it a few days to try and sort itself out. Sending get well vibes to your little princess.

Jo

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast