Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #9

Oh Cass Im thinking of you you poor chookie...how awful. Hope you and Kaitlyn are better tomorrow.

Jo

Oh Cass you poor thing. I really hope both of you are better soon. It seems to last forever! Doc told me when the diarrohea was really bad to stop formula for 24 hours (just make sure she is hydrated with constant sips of water/diluted juice/electrolyte drink) and then start formula again at 50% strength. If she goes ok with a few bottles of that increase to 75% then 100%. Lucie still was ill for a few more days but I stuck with it and eventually she got better and then was an eating machine for a few days! She is an awesome weight though, and she looks so cute in her new ticker pic! She has a good head of hair too!

Jo - You do so much stuff anyway I don't reckon you could fit in a mothers group as well!

Forgot to say yesterday that we hit a cow on our way home on Friday night. It gave me the biggest fright. It was a black cow in the middle of a busy country road. Luckily we have a station wagon - it hit the passenger side corner and rolled onto the bonnet. Fortunately we were all ok, the car is looking a bit sad though! I was just worried that someone else would come and hit it later and it might have been an even worse accident. Now I just hope insurance will pay up

Dh comes back tonight - yay! Been very hard stuck here with no car. And Lucie is on a hunger strike too!

AAAAaaaarrrrggghhh, my baby is growing too fast!
    She is speed crawling everywhere shakes her head when we ask her stuff, has pulled down her mobile above her cot for the second time, so I have removed it from now on...
    She si starting to pull herself up & try to turn things on & off! I want me baby back!!!!!

Cass,
    I hope the bug leaves your place & stays outta this thread from now on!

Woo hoo Soph on DH being home today.

Maddy has requested a stay at home baking day & she is organising the recipes, so off to get ingredients soon... Yummy things she is picking!!!

Nothing else happening here... OOOh 4 condoms left in pkt now!!! hee hee

Hi Girls ,

well the little princess is still not the best ...still sounds like the bass of a band hehehe. She is totally off her food and wont touch anything pretty much !. She is even off her milk but luckily she is not to bad with her water...not as much as normal but some at least. But she is not sleeping anymore ! She is sleeping less so her body is probably taking longer to recover.

Soph you are so lucky you guys are ok!!!! man those cows can cause damage !. Thanks for your advise on the formula and fingers crossed Kaitlyn has a pig out once she is all better.

Tracey your cooking day sounds lovely! What did you end up cooking?. Yay on being down to 4!!!!!!!!!!!.

Well Girls we had such a big day planned today..horse riding and then a lovely seafood lunch ...but........ I had to postpone Horseriding and we went to lunch but I didnt have my lobster :-(. I swear I just feel like vomiting all the time!.

Well better run as Kaitlyn is having trouble falling asleep and is now screaming her lungs out in her cot...poor poopy bum ..that is her nick name at the moment!.

forgot one more thing...now that Kaitlyn is back up and cuddling daddy ..cheeky devil!.

Have you girls given your bubs Shreaded Wheet biscuits before?. I got some from arnotts but I dont know if she is allowed them .

Man ...why are they so cute when they know they should be in bed and they are not!!Kaitlyn is all smiles and dimples right now!!!

Thanks
    Cass

Hi Girls,

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend (despite a few mums & bubs being sick...)

We've had a pretty exciting weekend here...Josh started crawling this morning! Not hands and knees crawling, but commando style - pulling himself along with his arms. He's also finally sitting up on his own. Still a little wobbly, but he will only get better from here.

My sister came over today and brought lunch with her and we went out for cake and coffee afterwards. Yum! Josh and I also met up with her during her lunch break on Friday and she had a present for him...a gorgeous little stripey knitted jumper with a hood that has little ears on the top. Very cute!

Louise & Tracey, I hope Maria and Indah's chests/noses have cleared up a bit. Hope you had fun at the zoo too, Louise.

How did the baking go, Tracey?

Jo, your trip to the park the other day sounds lovely. Hope you've all had a nice weekend too...

Soph, 8kg for Lucie, yay, that's great! I'm glad you guys are ok after hitting the cow!

Cass, Poor Kaitlyn, I hope she is feeling better and feeling like eating again soon. Poor you too! What a shame you had to postpone your horseriding. And a pity you had to miss out on the lobster too! Sorry, we haven't tried the shredded wheat bickies...think I know the ones you mean though...

Fletch, Brooke, Storm, hi!

Hi.. Sorry to butt in ladies, I'm from Sept baby buddies(Indah and Jack were born on the same day!)

Cass, I have tried Jack on some Shredded Wheatmeal biccies and he seemed to be fine.Not sure if he was overly impressed with them, more was on the walker than in his mouth
    Does Kaitlyn have Weetbix?? Cause that would be kinda the same thing?With the wheat, IYKWIM..Hope she is feeling better real soon..

And I just have to say that all of the bubs in this group are just gorgeous!!

And you ladies are chatting all the time, which is so great!! Trace, I can see why you visit here, its so busy

I might come and visit again if that's alright with you girls?? Our group can be a bit quiet sometimes!!And our bubbas are so close in age!!

Hiya ladies hope youve all had lovely weekends with your loved ones.

Soph hope you are having lots of cuddles with your DH now that hes back. Hope his reunion went well. A cow????Omg...is it ok..and your car..oh dear! Hope your insurance pays up pronto!!!

Trace sorry but had to laugh at Indah pulling her mobile down!!! Im wondering why Sammy hasnt though of that hehe. Hope you made lots of yummy things today with Maddy..sounds like fun. LOL at 4 condoms...you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yaaay Bec....clever Josh is crawling and sitting on his own!!! Isnt it great..they look so proud of themselves dont they when they realise that they can do something new! Wont be long after commando crawling til hes up on his hands and knee crawling too..they get very fast!!! Your day with your sister sounds lovely and the jumper with ears sounds soo cute!!

Cass hope you are all on the road to recovery now...sorry you had to postpone horseriding and lobster..will you be able to do it another weekend? We havent tried those biccies yet...but Sammy has had saos..im sure they are fine now at this age. Lol at poopy bum!

Helllllllloooo Alex...nice of you to pop in..come and join us anytime!!! Your little Jack is soo gorgeous!!! Hope to see you in here again.

Fletchie..you ventured up for air yet??!!

Storm..where you at hon??

Hiya Louise,Brooke and Georgie.

Well had a day today. We all snuggled in bed til 11 and then we had friends over for lunch. Sammy was being so cute and wearing his little eagles scarf stirring up our friend who is an avid dockers supporter. They just adore Sammy and couldnt do enough for him..he was just basking in all the adoration!

Well my DH is getting lonely so best go

Jo

Morning all!

Jo - Wow at being in bed till 11 - lucky you! Sammy certainly seems to be the centre of attention when you guys go out, no wonder, he's so darn cute!

Hi Alex and welcome!!! Come and chat to us whenever.

Bec - Go Joshy on the crawling! There will be no stopping him now and you will really have to be on your toes.

Cass - So sorry little miss is still unwell. At least she is drinking water, probably in reality the best thing for her body now anyway. Sorry about your lobster too. Hey you wouldn't be pg by any chance would you????

Tracey - Down to 4, go girl! Ah yes they are growing up aren't they?

Well big news this end. Yesterday Lucie took her first step! Just one mind you before she fell down, but she did it twice. Think it will still be a while before she really takes off though. And I think I'm trying to get her to drink too much milk which is why she is hating her solids. I read in teh baby whisperer book that about 475ml a day is ok. I've been trying to get her to take about 700ml still, no wonder she doesn't want any food! Ahhhhh got to try and sort all that out but will wait until later in the week to start a different routine. We have to drive to Tweed Heads tomorrow to see the paed surgeon. I'm scared!

Morning ladies....

Well I will tell you all the baking here's what we made:
    a batch of Triple Choc brownies, a batch of yum yum balls, a tray of lasagne & we made soft tacos for dinner last night!

Indah had a long sleep Saturday morning & woke up in a wonderful mood! She was so happy & fun all weekend & is speed crawling all over the place & started pulling herself up on furniture! Indah commando crawled for months, she only started doing a real crawl once or twice here & there probably a week or so ago & now, she gets into everything!!!!!!
    Indah is home today with Daddy he has an RDO, he loves his monthly RDO day with Indah, they watch music DVD's & just laze around!

* Ladies I have decided to postpone TTC#3, as we really need to get to bali to see Dh's family & ideally I'd like Indah to go onto bottom bunk in Maddys' room so bubs can have cot in Indahs room (we only have a 3 bedroom home) also if Indah is out of nappies Bubs can have her cloth ones rather than having to buy even more, it gives us time to save more $$$'s & be more prepared etc, I havent told Dh yet, but he will be happier as he also wants to get his dream motorbike & I really want him to have it as he rides to work every day no matter what & it saves so much in petrol.. So I think it will take pressure off us both, I will also then get longer maternity leave & so I am booking a quick trip to Gold Coast so we can see my 2 close friends (both married to balinese) that have just had babies & then save like mad!!!! So I think the decision is best gives us a chance to spend more time etc with Indah as baby too...

Hi Alex, glad you found me, our thread can be so slow at times I just hang out in here!

Um, cant remember much now, but Indah has weetbix for breaky & is fine with it, she has had various biscuits too...

Soph, yay on Lucie being 8kgs, Indah gets weighed on Wednesday, she has really pudged up a bit!!! She had so many booby feeds on weekend, she has started grabbing at my top... hee hee I love her to pieces, I also love Maddy as well she is a really big helper!

I realised on the weekend that we are really very happy, DH wants to spend all his time with his family & life is really quite blissful... Hee hee just realised that's so lame!

Jo, I bet sammy loves all the attention, Indah does too, anyone looks at her & she grins!

Bec, Yay on Josh crawling & sitting up, it's now they seem to grow so fast!!!!

Oh, Indah now coughs when we copugh & can burp when we burp & waves saying "ba ba" she now says Ta when she takes something (not always though"... Hee hee they are such joy hey!!!

Oh Wow Soph a step!!! That is so great. Shes not gonna slow down is she lol. She must look adorable. Thats so great you are going to relax about the milk intake..its hard knowing what to do with these little bubbas. I know Sammy certainly seems to not want to feed as much or for as long unless its night time and then he cant get enough. Is the paed appt for the little lump behind Lucie's ear?

Trace sounds yum! Thats so great that Dh gets to spend the whole day with Indah. I think Darren would just love hanging out with Sammy all day instead of working. Delaying ttc sounds perfect for you if it pulls lots of $$ pressure off you. I so know what you mean. Littlies arent cheap and it does make sense for Indah to be that little bit older. How long do you think you will wait? I cant really see any plans here to ttc again...I just dont think I want that to happen lol. I really want to just enjoy Sammy.

Well my little boy slept pretty well last night. Only woke 4 times but after a quick booby feed was quite contented to go back to sleep straight away and he only needed resettling once after I put him to bed at 8:00 too so Im completely stoked here!!! Hoping that this is the start of good things to come.

Its Emmys 10th birthday next week..so weve just written out all of her invitations and shes happily giving them out today. We are having a scary sleepover party. Shes invited 10 of her little friends..now I have to think of ways to scare the little darlings lol.

Jo

Wow too!! Soph she'll be walking in no time!! And I know exactly what you mean about trying to get enough milk into them. If Jack hasn't finished all his bottles, I stress and keep trying him to have them. But he does eat like a trooper so I guess he takes what he wants. Everyday is different and every bub is different too..

Trace, yummo!! So glad Maddy likes cooking, and isn't it so nice when Daddies get to spend quality time with their bubbas!! And glad you guys are so happy..Also good for you about making a big decision on ttc#3 and taking the pressure of u guys too. We will be ttc buddies next year together!! YAY!!
    Oh Jetsatr has some fab deals at the moment, so have a look and hopefully u can save lots of $$ on the airfares to QLD!!

Jo, go Sammy on the great sleep!! Here's hoping he keeps it up for you. I am very spoilt in the sleeping department, cause Jack goes to bed about 8-8.30pm and I don't hear him until 8am the next morn. He only wakes me up if he is stuck upside down on his face down the bottom corner of the cot!!!LOL And I just turn him around and pop the dummy in and he's off to sleep again!! And hope you come up with some great scary ideas for Emmys party!! I'll have to think of some for you!!

And YAY Josh on sitting up and starting to crawl!! He'll be off and running in no time Bec!!

Oh gotta go. I can hear my little man!!

Broooke - I hope Charli is better soon and gives you a rest. Neither of you are having a very good run!

Ah Alex I have feeding troubles all the time! Don't worry you will soon learn all about it LOL

Jo - So glad you had a good night sleep last night. Maybe you can give the girls one of Sammy's dirty nappies - that should scare them a bit hehehehehe

Tracey - Very well thought out delay to TTC, I am sure it is what is best for you guys and that is the most important thing of all. Well done!

Storm - Where are you matey????? Hope you are ok?

Fletch - Come back to us!

Hello everyone else

Brooke I feel for you, Maria has been feral today as well. I think it is either teething again (the top incisors) or separation anziety has kicked in.

Brooke I so hope little Charli is having a better day today...poor little munchy. I wonder what was wrong with her.

Lol Soph at scaring the girls with the dirty nappies. I mentioned that to Emmy and she was not impressed!!!

Louise sorry that youve been having a hard time with Maria as well. What is with our bubbies eh?

Well I had a lovely but full on day yesterday. I had lunch with my mum and sister and we visited my nan. She is in a nursing home suffering from advanced breast cancer and dementia. It is so awful to watch someone deteriorate the way she has..so very very sad. Sammy was the light of the party though..and although she can no longer understand the connection of who he is or who I am he brought a smile to her face and for that I am thankful.

Hope its a nice day for you all.

Jo

Jo - Sorry about your Nan. That must be really tough. Amazing how much joy Sammy can bring her though, that must have been a beautiful but heart-wrenching experience.

Louise - Hope Maria has calmed down a bit for you.

Where is everyone today?

We went to the paed surgeon today. It's an hour and a half drive each way and Lucie was an absolute angel. She slept half way there and then babbled the rest of the way, we had a nice walk and lunch and play in the park before our appt and then she slept the entire drive back. It was great because it was just me driving. Anyway, she's having her op next Tuesday - just a few hours in hospital which is great. She has gas to knock her out and a local anasthetic and the op itself doesn't sound too bad at all - yay!

Hi Girls

Sorry I have been a stranger ..so busy here!. But I am happy to report it appears my happy little girl is back!. And Soph like you promised she is eating like a horse!. She had 240Mls at 1am ( arghh a bit early!) then 180Mls at 6am , 180mls at10am , 180mls at 2 am , 180 mls at 430pm and then another 180mls at 630pm!. Plus weetbix , 2 bowls of fruit and two bowls of pumpkin and potato!. She has never eaten like this!.

Tracey it is so nice when you have those nice moments of clarity isn’t it …family is the best!. Number three I am sure will be waiting in the wings after you have done what you want to do .

Soph I cant believe Lucie took her first step!!!!! That is fantastic!. You know I think she must be so busy thinking about the next milestone she will meet to eat hehehe. So when you are worried about her eating just think how amazing she is!. I cant believe how cool that is…a step! So glad Lucies appt went well. I will be sending positive vibes her way on the day of her operation.

Thanks Alex! I tried Kaitlyn on the shreaded wheat and she seemed to like them…not love them but like them!.

Jo your scary sleep over sounds very exciting!. Got any plans for decorations?
    Maybe you should do some gooey food ..green food colouring …worms kinds thing hehe. It is so nice that Sammy made your Nan smile….

Brooke I hope Charli is going better today.

Well better run off to bed just in case the little miss has another feeding frenzy up 6 times night!

Cass

Cass - Excellent that Kaitlyn is on the mend! Make the most of the feeding frenzy - should last about a week. No more steps for us as yet either, not that I mind, I want her to take her time!

Hi Brooke - Hope you get some time to yourself soon matey!

Does anyone here use Dr Brown's bottles?

Hi all,
    Been so busy at work.... Plus trying to sort out accom for Surfers Paradise trip I just booked on a whim!!!!

Glad the op wont be as bad as you'd imagined Soph, Yay on the big having cleared out of everyones family... Yippe on the eating too Cass!

Other than that it's just go, go, go... So will pop back a bit later!!!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast