Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in August 2006

Hey everyone!!

How are the bubs doing?

dd - sorry I have no advice for you (I know nothing!!!) but I do hope Kyana becomes more settled.

Dee - lovely to see you posting again, it sounds like you've been through alot! do hope you are recovering nicely :-)

Danni - babies seem to change their "routines" all the time - well, that's what i've found with Lucas anyway! he can go 2 days of sleeping and feeding the same, then suddenly change on day 3!!!

Amy - haven't seen you posting in a while sweetie, do hope you and Finn are doing well!

Kat
    xxx

Hey where is everyone?!!

Well yesday was a good day and Kyana was settled all day until DH walked in thev door and I said well it's your turn to learn about my life and made him look after both kids with Kyana being unsettled the whole time HEHEHEHE - Well Lee lasted about an hour and a half which was pretty good going before he said "AW Come on this is ridiculas I'm starving can't you at least help until I eat my dinner I've been at work all day" to which my response was I can't even go to the loo during the day sometimes until I'm in pain so I'm sorry if I don't show much sympathy towards you but at least now you know when I say I didn't get a chance to do anything during the day you have an insight into why and I don't wanna hear anything but support cause that's really important. He was really great after that and apologised to me and then I helped him so he could eat his tea and he did the last feed at 9:15pm and the next feed was my turn and she slept until 4:15am YAY!!!!

Better go just heard something in the games room where Shynelle is....
    Hope everyone is just really busy looking after the extra person in their house!
    Hugs all round!!
    xxdd

hey everyone

Loving my holiday, the weather is amazing! AND going to watch the Doggies and Eagles play at Subi tomorrow...

DanniK - im in Waikiki, a suburb just south of rockingham.

Anneliese is pooing once a week if she's lucky, dr put her on Coloxyl, and we hope it works, otherwise we're off to the paed to have a look into bowel probs. Mum recommended about 30mls and diluted prune juice in the afternoon, apparently i was the same and it helped me... ATM im willing to try anything!!!

Heeellllllllooooooooooo! Where are you???????????????

Helloooooooo girls!!!!!

Wow, it sure is quiet in here........where is everyone????!!!

dd - ha, isn't it funny how our DH's think we do nothing during the day?! mine certainly doesn't appreciate how much hard work it is.......

Simone - glad to hear you're having a lovely holiday :-)

Lucas had his first big day trip yesterday - we went to the zoo!!! don't think he quite apprecited the giraffes and hippos though, ha ha!!!!!
    He is now fully weaned onto formula, and is sleeping better at night - going 5 hours between feeds which is a record for him! here's hoping it gets longer as the time goes on........

Kat
    xx

Hi all!
    Just grabbing a quick read before it's time for Calebs next feed. Hope you are all coping well
    Dee I just read about what happened. It must have been frightening for you and DH. Sending some more recovery vibes to add to the pile you must already have from everyone here!

lucysmummie Guest

afternoon ladies and bubbies!!!

we just had our check up at the local nurse thingy! and lucy only weighs 3.450kgs they said she hasnt put on enough weight and that I need to push an extrra feed in and I was like its all my fault!!!!! she doesnt cry inbetween feeds only mayb just after pplay time when i know its sleep time... I feel like a bad mum....

hope ur all ok! apart from that we r doin ok trying to get a routine happining but me not being a very orginised person is struggling with that...I get bored and just want to be outside walking or at the shops...no wonder lucy's playtimes rnt very long she has a short attention span like her mummy.... Im walking an hour everyday and have lost
    11kgs since birth! only 9kgs to get back to the weight I was before I was on the pill!! then I will be 50kgs! that would b great! danny said If I get to my goal weight Im allowed to go on a Yoga + surf retreat for a weekend with some friends down the coast! I cant wait cause I Looooovvvveee surfing!!!!! hopefully my stretchies would of faded by then and Ill be able to do the bikini thing! most of them have already gone thank goodness!! (I got them a week before I gave birth! HA!)

well enuff of my jabbering.... BYE!

Leah just wondering if you told the nurse about adding extra water to the formula? She may be not getting enough from it as she wasn't finishing the bottle. Stop diluting it and see it that helps.
    Just a thought that's all...

dannik Guest

Hi Girls!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! DD good on you for giving DH a taste of your daily activities! It is full on huh! Especially at that evil hour during the evening! Emilia spends from 6 - 9 pm in the Baby bjorn its the only place she will stay quite and possibly sleep (or if you hold her!)

Leah dont worry you arent a bad mum you are just learning! She will be just fine, and good luck getting back to your pre preg weight i hope you get that weekend away. how good will it be! I pretty much returned to pre preg weight 3 days after birth, i only put weight on in my middle and it seemed to be all baby so i am happy about that, i just want to make sure now that i dont add any on! I would like to lose 5 kgs as i felt i was carrying a tiny bit of weight before i got pg, but i just cant stop eating now that i am breast feeding! its hungry work!!

Simone glad to hear you are enjoying perth! The weather has been amazing lately though today is a bit crappy, have dry the clothes in the dryer today

I am heading over to my friends now she has a little bub called Mia and she is 1 week younger than Emilia. we have started our own little mothers group with a few of us who did pregnancy swimming together which is great!

We went out on saturday night for the first time and my parents looked after Emilia, she took 130 mls of breast milk! little porker! and she slept through till 4am!!! love her love her! Last night i tried her in the grobag sleeping bag and she was great she didnt wake till 5 am! so i am not going to bother wrapping her anymore as i think she prefers the bag!

Glad to hear all is going ok in your baby worlds!!!

Wow I logged in here thinking there will be a mile of posts to catch up on, thankfully for me there aren`t many, with 2 little ones I don`t know if I`m coming or going then with all 4 boys here all weekend I`m well and truly totally disorganised LOL How do you girls do it all with more then 1 child? Will I ever be organised? I`m dreading the school hoildays with all 4 boys here and all the washing, I`ve already told both DSS that they can wear their clothes 3 days in a row (joking!!!!).

Danik - Sounds like Emilia is doing well and also sleeping well, which is great.

Leah - You`ll loose those extra kilos in no time, I was worried about my extra weight with Matthew but lost it all by the time I was pregnant again at 5.5 months post birth, this time round is a different story, I lost all my weight immediately as I was all baby. I can`t help with the formula feeding and how to get more into her as I`ve only ever BF but I`m sure she`s fine and is doing everything her way in regards to weight.

Thanks Sammi - the girls on BB have been fantastic.

Kat - Wow at Lucas`s first trip to the zoo.

DD - Sounds like it`s all go at your house.

Adrian is doing well, he`s sleeping between 5 - 6 hours at night now, then has another sleep of approx 4 hours, by then it`s about 6/7am that`s good in one way but in another I think AF is arriving not happy Jan, why can some women go months without AF yet here I fully breastfeed my babies and still get it within 2 months.

Hope your all well.

Take Care

Dee

Hey mummies and babies!

Dee - great to see you on posting, I feel disorganised with just Lucas, so I can imagine how hard it'd be with 4!!

Danni - yay at Emilia sleeping so well and taking your EBM, it must have been nice for you to get out for the evening.

Leah - don't ever feel like a bad mum!! what did Lucy weigh when she was born? how many feeds is she having per day?

Sammi - hello! how is Caleb getting on?

Hello to Nat, Amy, Simone, dd, Sarah.....who have I missed?!!

Lucas is asleep just now, I think we are maybe, just maybe getting into some sort of routine which is great! won't say anything else as knowing him he'll go and change on me!

Oh, a question for those formula feeding their babies, at some feeds Lucas will take more than 120ml (which is what he is meant to get for his age going by the formula tin) - he'll drink a full 60ml more, but it seems to be only at certain feeds - I presume it is okay to give him more?! sounds silly, but I now worry i'm over feeding him!! he is now over 6 weeks old, and at 2 months the formula tin says to give him 180ml, so he's not too far off getting that much anyway......

Kat
    xx

lucysmummie Guest

Hey

Sammi - Yeah I told them and they said its fine. she was the one who suggested it. she is actually finishing the bottles now still chucking up a bit of it too it says on the formula tin to give 60mls water to one scoop and im doing that just adding an extra 5mls of water for the constipation... thanks for the advice...

Kat - some babies are just hungrier than others if he is drinking it should be fine... just call the clinic if ur really worried but i spose its better for them to be full rather than hungry!

dannik - DONT WANNA HEAR that!!!! I cant believe ur back into shape!!! COW he he he Just kidding

Wow, it's soooo quiet in here!!!!

Lucas slept last night from about 6.30pm through to 3am!! yaaay, it's the longest he has slept! I woke with a start though at 1am wondering why he hadn't woken, and raced through to his cot and spent a good 10 minutes listening to his breathing!! lol - we are never happy no matter how they sleep!!!!

Leah - thanks for that, as you say, better for them to be full rather than hungry!

Kat
    xx

lucysmummie Guest

Kat WOW thats great that he slept that long he must be getting the rite amount of food in tha day! with Lucy, just a suggestion 4 u, she will eat at 7pm after her shower Im doing 3hour feeds but by theend of the day she will b really relaxed and all tuckered out so she wont wake up, so i wake her at 11pm to fit a feed in and then she will generally sleep through till 5 or 6am cause she is content. mayb u should try that so u get that couple of hours when ur meant to, to sleep. just a suggestion. Im sure u have heard of it before to do it that way....

We went for a walk round the lake today...canberra weather has been so nice the past week or so but tonight it was back to freezing! they say its gonna b 20o tomoro so were gonna walk down the shops tomoro..I hope all this walking is doing me good!

Just a question! today I was at the shops after my 45min walk and I felt sore 'down there' like I did after birth! I thought it was SO weird cause it hasnt hurt like that for maybe 3weeks! anyone else have that? ALSO is ur AF weird for the first one after birth or is it just me? Ive had it off and on for nearly 2weeks and started getting bad cramps again...

mmmm im tired... bed time

Hi girls
    Sorry I have been MIA. Just busy shopping, cleaning the house and working! Yes i said working! I have already gone back to doing some work. I am a hairdresser that works from home so it's great as I don't have to leave William to work. I just do clients when DH is home at night and saturdays. I am also going to now work Fridays and mum is going to come over and watch him.
    Everything is going great with William and I. He is already growing too quick! We still have a feed in the night. I have been giving him a bath and a feed at 10pm but he still wakes at 4. I don't mind too much. DH has been great and has told me that on Friday and Saturday nights I can sleep through and he will get up with William. I am so glad to have such a sweet DH!
    I hope you and your babies are well
    Sarah

lucysmummie Guest

Oh sarah!!! MEEE TOOOOO!!!! im a hairdresser and work from home...just a litte secret for u girls once damny has had his business loan approval (currently working on hisd own for his dad) wanting to have his own excavation business IM LOOKING AT BUYING A SALON!!!! YAY SooosoosososoooosooooooOOOOooOOOO excited!!!

Im so like u sarah SO much shopping and cleaning to be done haha!!

Hope everyones doing well! Lucy is taking a bit extra Mils on her feeds now YAY only like 20mls but its still something!!!

ooo and this morning everytime Luu luu woke up she was waiting for me to wake up so she could smile at me and danny!! she was awake I dont know how long before I registered she was ha ha AND I heard her wake up when I was out in the other room and went in and said a big "good morning" and she tried to talk with a big goo gaa SOOOOoooOOo cute and very talented bub!
    Last edited by lucysmummie; September 21st, 2006 at 10:46 AM.

Leah - I have heard that, about waking up bubs to feed them again, and that it can help them to sleep longer - but i've also heard the opposite, in that it can make them sleep shorter because you've woke them!! but I may just try it.......
    As for feeling sore down there, I sometimes do too....I have my 6 week checkup with the doctor tonight, so may ask her about it.
    How exciting about maybe buying your own salon!!!!!!

Sarah - glad to hear you and William are doing well! ha, you are mad to be working already!! just kidding!

Hello to all the other mummies and babies!

I went and got a little pampered yesterday - got my hair cut and coloured, I feel human again! my parents looked after Lucas, and the naughty boy wouldn't sleep for them!!! he had a good sleep again last night though, so he was obviously tired out!

Kat
    xx

Hi all,

Only a quickie - it is a very stressful household I'm in atm - Kyana's reflux is really bad and she can have hours on end of crying before finally settling for the end of the day when we are all exhausted! At then though she will generally sleep until about 3 to 6in the morning if she didn't I think I'd go insane!

Today though we had a good day and she only cried from about 4 til 6:20 and then started again from 7 til 7:45 but she's sleeping now finally and hopefully for the rest of the night. i actuall got loads done with her sleeping and feeding well today - I even cleaned out our junk room and converted it to a childrens playroom for Shynelle cause I'm sick of her toys all over the house - it's not good when you've got a crying child and you're cranky and you step on them. I also put Shynelle into a real bed instead of a cot and then I rearranged the lounge room DH just about didn't recognise the place - he asked me where all his things were from the spare room and I told him they've been there for over 3years in the same spot so he didn't need them and I threw them out (I thought all hell would break loose but I think he actually agreed with me).

MMMmmmm....DH just brought me in a cuppa - he must be trying to butter me up since he knows I was busy doing household stuff and looking after two kids - yep today I was super mum if I do say so myself - lol!!

Might go watch some telly and relax before heading off to bed - will try and post some personnals in the next day or so.

Take care all.
    xxdd

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast